Mouse wheel strange behavior

I've got Windows 7, Pegasus version 4.61; though I believe this
behavior occurred under Vista and earlier versions of Pegasus as well:

The scroll wheel works fine if I've got a folder or list of folders
selected; however, if I click on the background and move the wheel,
all windows inside Pegasus disappear; I'm left with just the
background, and no indication that the windows have been iconified.
Rather, it looks like they're all closed.  I can bring them back by
choosing "Window/Tile" from the menus, but then I have to resize them
and move them to the way I'd like them to be.

I noticed this behavior some time ago, and in the rush of life didn't
think to mention it or look for a solution; I've just conditioned
myself never to touch the mouse wheel while in Pegasus.  Now my wife
is using it, and it's becoming a more annoying problem.

Right now the mouse is a somewhat generic USB mouse, but the same
behaviors occurred using other mice, e.g. wireless.

(If anyone replies, could you also please send me an email at
bentz@bentz-engineering.com - )
0
Bryan

On 24 Jul 2011, Bryan Bentz <bentz@bentz-engineering.com> wrote in
comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows:

> I've got Windows 7, Pegasus version 4.61; though I believe this
> behavior occurred under Vista and earlier versions of Pegasus as
> well:
>
> The scroll wheel works fine if I've got a folder or list of
> folders selected; however, if I click on the background and move
> the wheel, all windows inside Pegasus disappear; I'm left with
> just the background, and no indication that the windows have been
> iconified.

I have XP and Windows 7 computers, and I don't see that behaviour.
0
Nil
7/25/2011 4:19:54 PM
Bryan Bentz wrote in
<b8446f9e-3cfe-498f-b182-b830c314dac0@gh5g2000vbb.googlegroups.com>
(Sun, 24 Jul 2011 05:30:11 -0700 (PDT)):

>I've got Windows 7, Pegasus version 4.61; though I believe this
>behavior occurred under Vista and earlier versions of Pegasus as well:
>
>The scroll wheel works fine if I've got a folder or list of folders
>selected; however, if I click on the background and move the wheel,
>all windows inside Pegasus disappear; I'm left with just the
>background, and no indication that the windows have been iconified.
>Rather, it looks like they're all closed.  I can bring them back by
>choosing "Window/Tile" from the menus, but then I have to resize them
>and move them to the way I'd like them to be.

Does not happen here (Win 7 Home Prem, 32-bit, Pegasus 4.61) and never
seen that behavior before.

Fwiw from you description it sounds as if you are scrolling down the
background Pegasus desktop - and scrolling so far the other open
windows ends up outside of the visible screen area. Thus you need to
do Windows/Tile or Cascade to get them in sight again. In other words
it sound as one would expect things to happen when one or more windows
in Windows have "drifted off screen" (or rather - you have :).

--
All the best,
Bjorn S.   - I only post via <news.individual.net>
0
Bjorn
7/31/2011 1:43:44 PM
I recently encountered a similar issue and have thus far not discovered a s=
olution. We replaced 10 desktops at work - Windows 7 64-bit. We're running =
Pegasus 4.63. The mouse that was included with the 10 desktops work fine wi=
th Pegasus. However, we have one user who wanted to use her Microsoft Comfo=
rt Optical Mouse 3000. It worked fine with Windows and every program she us=
es except for Pegasus. In Pegasus the scroll wheel does not scroll. I insta=
lled the most recent driver but that did not resolve the issue. So for now =
she has gone back to using the mouse that came with the desktops. No idea w=
hat is different with Pegasus where the mouse is concerned than other progr=
ams but clearly there is some difference.

On Sunday, July 24, 2011 8:30:11 AM UTC-4, Bryan Bentz wrote:
> I've got Windows 7, Pegasus version 4.61; though I believe this
> behavior occurred under Vista and earlier versions of Pegasus as well:
>=20
> The scroll wheel works fine if I've got a folder or list of folders
> selected; however, if I click on the background and move the wheel,
> all windows inside Pegasus disappear; I'm left with just the
> background, and no indication that the windows have been iconified.
> Rather, it looks like they're all closed.  I can bring them back by
> choosing "Window/Tile" from the menus, but then I have to resize them
> and move them to the way I'd like them to be.
>=20
> I noticed this behavior some time ago, and in the rush of life didn't
> think to mention it or look for a solution; I've just conditioned
> myself never to touch the mouse wheel while in Pegasus.  Now my wife
> is using it, and it's becoming a more annoying problem.
>=20
> Right now the mouse is a somewhat generic USB mouse, but the same
> behaviors occurred using other mice, e.g. wireless.
>=20
> (If anyone replies, could you also please send me an email at
> bentz@bentz-engineering.com - )

0
thomas
1/14/2013 3:56:33 PM
This is in reply to message of Mon, 14 Jan 2013 07:56:33 -0800 (PST),
thomas.causey@gmail.com which said:

>I recently encountered a similar issue and have thus far not discovered a solution. We replaced 10 desktops at work - Windows 7 64-bit. We're running Pegasus 4.63. The mouse that was included with the 10 desktops work fine with Pegasus. However, we have one user who wanted to use her Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse 3000. It worked fine with Windows and every program she uses except for Pegasus. In Pegasus the scroll wheel does not scroll. I installed the most recent driver but that did not resolve the issue. So for now she has gone back to using the mouse that came with the desktops. No idea what is different with Pegasus where the mouse is concerned than other programs but clearly there is some difference.
>
>On Sunday, July 24, 2011 8:30:11 AM UTC-4, Bryan Bentz wrote:
>> I've got Windows 7, Pegasus version 4.61; though I believe this
>> behavior occurred under Vista and earlier versions of Pegasus as well:
>>
>> The scroll wheel works fine if I've got a folder or list of folders
>> selected; however, if I click on the background and move the wheel,
>> all windows inside Pegasus disappear; I'm left with just the
>> background, and no indication that the windows have been iconified.
>> Rather, it looks like they're all closed.  I can bring them back by
>> choosing "Window/Tile" from the menus, but then I have to resize them
>> and move them to the way I'd like them to be.
>>
>> I noticed this behavior some time ago, and in the rush of life didn't
>> think to mention it or look for a solution; I've just conditioned
>> myself never to touch the mouse wheel while in Pegasus.  Now my wife
>> is using it, and it's becoming a more annoying problem.
>>
>> Right now the mouse is a somewhat generic USB mouse, but the same
>> behaviors occurred using other mice, e.g. wireless.
>>
>> (If anyone replies, could you also please send me an email at
>> bentz@bentz-engineering.com - )

I have also experienced this problem and for me the solution was to ensure
that none of the windows (say Folders, New Mail and messages) come close to
the Pegasus desktop boundary. In short the problem only arose if the
desktop slider are showing so the desktop must always be maximized.  Since
taking these precautions the problem has not occurred again.

Mike
mailveil13

Problem for catching mouse wheel events with a wireless mouse on Windows 7
Hello I am developping a java application requiring the mouse to zoom/unzoom on a map ; i use in particular the mouse wheel button to zoom/unzoom ; I noticed that on windows XP I don't have any problem whatever the mouse has a wire or not ; but on Windows 7 I have some problems to manage the mouse wheel button with java when this mouse is wireless ; I already tried 2 mouses brands on 3 PC running on Windows 7 and java doesn't manage correctly the wheels movements has anyone got this problem ? thanks in advance Jean-Marie On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 09:21:55 -0700 (PDT), Jean-Marie <jm...

Mouse Wheel with Pegasus
My Microsoft Mouse Wheel used to work so I could scroll when using Pegasus, but it no longer does though it works with other programs. Anyone have ideas on how I can get it to work again? I'd dure appreciate it. Student On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 16:43:38 -0800, "Gerry McA" <gkmcauliffe@cox.net> wrote: >My Microsoft Mouse Wheel used to work so I could scroll when using Pegasus, >but it no longer does though it works with other programs. Anyone have >ideas on how I can get it to work again? I'd dure appreciate it. Are you using any odd drivers f...

Strange mouse behavior
Rather than move a monitor over, I connected a IIgs via the RCA jack to an = EyeTV 250 plus to use the Macs LCD screen. Everything worked fine except th= e mouse. I'd start moving it and it'd keep moving across the screen fairly = fast. This was only for forward and backward movements. Side to side were p= retty normal. Thought at first that my mouse had gone wonky so I tried anot= her, then changed the keyboard. Then changed the IIgs. The same mouse prob= lem no matter which IIgs I connect. Connected to a IIe monitor and everythi= ng's fine. <waynejstewart@gmail.com&g...

Strange behavior in Windows
Greetings. I have been trying to switch to Python from other languages such as Perl= and now I have a newbie question. I have been trying to run a setup script to install a python library. To do= that I need to run "c:> python setup.py install" but the strange thing is= is that when it runs the command: >>> from distutils import log I get the error ONLY while in cmd. If I run this from the interactive shell= that comes with IDLE it works. But if I go into the interactive shell in= the Windows shell cmd then I get: ImportError: cannot import log Any ideas on h...

Strange window behavior
I noticed today, f I open one window, then open a second, then maximize the second window, then hit the [x[ close in the top right, it closes my App or crashes it. Anyone else experience this? Geoff. Except for the crashing bit, closing the app is to be expected. Windows has always been like that. But your app crashes because you didn't deal correctly with the opened MSI client window.But nor did you give us any details to go by <g>. Geoff "gchambers01@msn.com" <gchambers01@msn.com> wrote in message news:1139516733.303496.110590@o13g2000cwo.go...

Pegasus Mail or Pegasus Mail as 'Admin'

Wheel Mouse Wheel
Anyone have a simple way to disbale the wheel on a wheel mouse in Access Apps? I have tried the Lebans code and it does not work for my application. Ima Lostsoul previously wrote: > Anyone have a simple way to disbale the wheel on a wheel mouse in > Access Apps? I have tried the Lebans code and it does not work for my > application. > Then maybe you didn't use it properly. It's fine for me. Peter Russell Go to MS.com, knowledge base and search on Q278379. You need to create a dll via VB6, MS do not recommend you control the mouse directly from within Access. Al...

Mail.app strange behavior
I'm having a problem with mail.app 8.2 running in Yosemite; deleted message keep moving from the trash to the folder from where they were deleted. I can't figure out what causes it, nor how to stop it. "Include related messages" is not checked in Preferences. > I'm having a problem with mail.app 8.2 running in Yosemite; deleted > message keep moving from the trash to the folder from where they were > deleted. I can't figure out what causes it, nor how to stop it. > > "Include related messages" is not checked in Preferences. Li...

Strange Mouse / Keyboard Behavior
Hi All, I've noticed something strange on my computer. I recently re-installed XP, and, if I am using the mouse and try typing at the same time, while the mouse is moving, my window may lose focus, and/or different behavior may occur, such as a webpage going back, or something like that. It happens in every program, no matter what, and, it make it VERY annoying when I lose typing...... So, I cannot type and move the mouse at the same time.......... I tried TweakUI, and that does not help. Does anyone know if there is a setting in Windows to prevent this? Thanks ...

Windows 7
After the upgrade from Vista to W7 the W7 control panel had an entry for Symantec Liveupdate. That package was deleted prior to the upgrade - my version was not W7-compatable with the Symantec software. Searched long and hard for a solution, none worked. So I did the unthinkable and opened <gasp> regedit. A search on "Symantec" soon found several references, all of which were deleted. The CP entry went away. Apparently the Symantec uninstaller did not completely clean up the install. TT "Tommy Troll" <tom_elam@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:99229...

Strange mouse cursor behavior
I'm running xemacs 21.4.14-3 under fedora core 1, and kde. Many times when I move the mouse over a menu item, the cursor changes to a vertical arrow, horizontal arrow, or an X. I also changes to these shapes when the cursor if over text in a buffer, when It should be an I beam. Since the problem only occurs in xemacs, and no other applications running under kde, I'm assuming the problem is with xemacs. Is there any fix for this issue? -Thanks >>>>> "Bernie" == Bernie <bfb21@comcast.net> writes: Bernie> I'm assuming the proble...

Strange behavior of window caption in W2K
You can skip the long explanation, if you like, and go the HERE'S THE PROBLEM. I have a dialog-based application that displays a fairly small dialog that is (by default) in the upper left corner of the screen. I recently added some code that calls MessageBox() when certain conditions are met. The resulting message box dialog is also rather small and, on a high resolution screen, may be quite a distance from my application's main dialog. I decided that I wanted the message box to be centered on my main dialog. Since MessageBox() itself doesn't seem to offer any s...

Strange Mail (lack of) behavior after upgrade
Installed 10.5.1 and updated to 10.5.6 last night. The new version of Mail (3.5) "remembered" all my settings from the previous version (2.1.3) but it won't do ANYTHING else. When I launch the program I get a Menu bar at top but no View window. I can open a View window from the Menu bar. I can even open a New Message field and type a message. But it won't send or receive mail. It also won't quit on its own, either by Command + Q or by choosing Quit from the Menu bar - I have to Force Quit it. Very perplexing. Any helpful input is welcome and appreciated. Doubt if ...

Mouse wheel in Windows 3.1
Hello! Is there any driver to enable usage of mouse scroll wheel in Windows 3.1? My mouse is a generic PS/2 mouse . []s -- []s Renan (aka Wishmaster) - Canoas, RS, Brazil "Time is money. Time is infinite, yet I have no time. Thus..." This e-mail address goes nowhere. Please e-mail, if needed, to renan.birck, hostname gmail.com. Hi 'Wishmaster', > Is there any driver to enable usage of mouse scroll wheel in Windows 3.1? > My mouse is a generic PS/2 mouse . first look here: http://groups.google.de/group/comp.os.ms-windows.setup.win3x/browse_...

Web resources about - Mouse wheel strange behavior - comp.pegasus-mail.windows

Behavior - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Behavior or behaviour (see spelling differences ) is the range of actions and mannerisms made by individuals, organisms , systems , or artificial ...

Behavior Design - behaviordesign.com
Behavior designs interactive systems.

Behavior Gap - Exploring the relationship between people and their money. Behavior Gap
Watch it now. Watch the latest videos by Carl Richards on money, emotion, and meaningful conversations.

Dog Behavior Tips -Dog Owners One Stop Shop and Tips
Come and get some free dog behavior tips. Training your new or older dog can sometimes be somewhat of a task if you are new to doing it. Let ...

Modeled Behavior
A quick announcement: we’ve moved the blog to Forbes. You’ll be able to find us there at blogs.forbes.com/modeledbehavior , and soon modeledbehavior.com ...

Online Behavior - Marketing Measurement & Optimization
This website is a source of knowledge for website owners and analysts looking to understand how their online customers behave . But that's not ...

BJ Fogg's Behavior Model
... In addition, he devotes at least half his time to industry projects and innovations, all of which focus on using technology to change behaviors ...

Plant Behavior
The Society of Plant Signaling and Behavior serves the community of scientists interested in sensory plant biology, signaling, information processing ...

What Brands Can Learn About Behavior from New Year's Resolutions
If you are reading this magazine, it's pretty likely your success in 2016 will depend on your ability to change people's behavior. Behavior ...

Uber tests out using smartphones to monitor driver behavior
(credit: VCU CNS @ Flickr ) Uber announced today that it will monitor some of its drivers' behavior for things like excessive speeding or distracted ...