Network Configuration Problem

I've just downloaded and installed Pegasus 4.21C  on top of my 3..x
installation.  I use Pegasus on a Novell netwrk in NDS mode. When I launched
Pegasus on my system to test it, my new mail folder opens fine. All my mail
is there and so are my address books.

However when I tried to send and receive internet mail nothing happened. I
checked the network configuration setting and they were blank.  I corrected
the problem and sent and recieved internet mail without problem.  However
whenever I exit and reload Pegasus the settings are gone again.  It appears
Pegasus does not save the settings.

Any idea what is happening?

0
Tim

Hi Tim

Tim a �crit :
> I've just downloaded and installed Pegasus 4.21C  on top of my 3..x
> installation.  I use Pegasus on a Novell netwrk in NDS mode. When I launched
> Pegasus on my system to test it, my new mail folder opens fine. All my mail
> is there and so are my address books.
>
> However when I tried to send and receive internet mail nothing happened. I
> checked the network configuration setting and they were blank.  I corrected
> the problem and sent and recieved internet mail without problem.  However
> whenever I exit and reload Pegasus the settings are gone again.  It appears
> Pegasus does not save the settings.
>
> Any idea what is happening?

Do you still use your old 3... version? if so that could explain that
your network configuration disapears.
The 3.. version didn't stored the network configuration in the same way,
it was the pmail.ini file, now a part is still in the pamil.ini file but
refers to some extra files.
If you run a 3... version it purges pmail.ini of everything it doesn't
know, this include the network configuration.

HTH

Phil
0
moi
10/4/2005 10:03:54 AM
On Mon, 3 Oct 2005 19:59:56 -0400 in comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-
windows, Tim favored us with...
> I've just downloaded and installed Pegasus 4.21C

Gee, was it really necessary to post this THREE TIMES?

In future, please pick one newsgroup and post there, once only.
Multiposting, as you did, just wastes everyone's time including
yours.

                                        http://OakRoadSystems.com
Fortunately, I live in the United States of America, where we are
gradually coming to understand that nothing we do is ever our
fault, especially if it is really stupid.            --Dave Barry
0
Stan

Configuring windows withiin Pegasus Mail
On Pegasus Mail 4.12a (version of Jun 19 2003) on Windows 2000 Pro, I used to get 3 windows: - list of messages in New Mail folder - list of folders - window onto whatever message was selected in first window Now I only get first two windows. If I unselect save desktop in Tools>Options>Basic Settings then I only get the first window (although ctrl-L gets me the second) and if I select it I get the first two (provided they were showing on my last session). How do I get all three and have them show up when I enter Pegasus? On 22 Dec 2003 08:30:49 -0800, ggrothendieck@v...

problem with network configuration on Windows 2003 server
I just installed Windows 2003 on a new server I purchased. I'm setting it up as web server, something I've done several times before. Everything seemed fine at first, but then I realized that I couldn't reach the server from anywhere in or out of the network. I also then realized I couldn't connect outward from the server itself. I can't even ping the gateway from the server. However, Windows itself seemed to show the netowrk connection as fine. (VPN or firewall or anything similar are not enabled) I am certain the IP number is good and all network settings a...

Pegasus Mail v4.21c, Network Configuration.
Hi to all, I am a newbee. The message below I had posted to the Pegasus Forum which for inexplicable reasons can not access anymore??!! (The website is just not responding). My technical skills are fairly limited and require your kind assistance in enabling the automatic receipt of e-mail messages and the forward/send e-mail message function. System Information:- Platform: OS Microsoft Win32 XPPro Version 5.12600 SP2 Build 2600 Processor: x86 Family 15 Model 3 Stepping 4 GenuineIntel ~2400Mhz, Pentium4 MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00, Total Physical Memory 512MB Microsoft .NET ...

Problem running Pegasus mail across a P-2-P network
When I try to launch my Pegasus mail program from my portable, the splash screen flashes on and then nothing happens. I have a home network including my desktop under Win2000 running across a Linksys 54 Mb wireless connection and a portable (Win XP with a *wired* connection) with my mail storage folder on the desktop and the Pegasus PMail folders on drive C: on both. After much fruitless faffing around with pmail.cfg and pmail.ini I discovered that Pegasus ran OK if I first started Explorer and had opened the mapped, shared 'Mail' folder. A late look at the mapped ...

windows 2000 and windows xp networking problem with athentication
i am trying to do a peer to peer with a windows 2000 machine and a xp corp machine. i can see the machines in my network places, but when i try to connect to the xp machine it ask for username and password, we have usernames and passwords set up for both machines , they are the same ones we use to log onto our own machines. they both have admin rights. when we put in the username and password and hit ok it just ask for it again and doesnt connect..we are both connected to a router for my cable connection..the firewall allows acces from our ip's..any help..thanks rh_nayan@msn.com ...

Strange problem: no problem with Linux, when I boot windows 2K network is down...
Guys: This is very strange problem, looklike this problem is not going to leave me for months. I have a computer with Windows2K and Linux. I have Netgear 4-port Switch/Router (connected to DSL modem). If I boot with Linux, everything is OK, I can be on-line, also two of my other computers works fine. If I boot my PC with Win2K, then immediately all computers are down. None of the computer connected to network. I thought some problem with LAN card, so I went for early bird sale on day after Thanksgiving and I got one LinkSys PCI LAN card and one Router and I plugged new LAN card into my machin...

Problem with named of a network error or problem with the configuration on the interconnecting peers?
Hello all I would like to report a problem I have with bind which is occuring for at least one month. I get this message from the log files. Aug 14 00:49:10 pelops named[4248]: transfer of 'physics.upatras.gr/IN' from xxx ..xxx.xxx.xx#53: failed while receiving responses: connection reset The proble occur for at least one month. I do not remember if that message appeared in the log files of my secondary dns before. To be more specific I have compiled and installed bind 9.5.0-P1 at 9 of July and bind 9.5.0-P2 at 2 of August. Since the problem seems to persist through t...

WINDOWS XP PRO --> WINDOWS 2003 SERVER
Hello, I want to add to the domain a computer but I can't. Client PC with Windows XP Pro can only see itself and the same with the windows 2003 server. The ping doesn't work. Maybe the problems are the IP numbers? Hardware is correctly installed and appears in both computers the network icon working. Can someone help me? Thanks in advance. PeeWee You must get basic network TCP/IP connectivity working first. PING tests will help. Once that happens then try joining the PC to the domain. Can you describe your network and TCP/IP network addressing? ...

Network configuration problem.
I have a print server and two PCs networked via hardwire through a router. These devices are assigned static IPs 192.168.1.10, 11, and 12 respectively and had been running successfully for several years. One of the PCs (192.168.1.11), running Red Hat 9, experienced an AC power failure which apparently damaged some files in the root ext2 partition. After a session with fsck I am able to boot up this system. Most everything appears normal except I can not connect to the printer or internet with this PC. The Network Configuration Tool shows that device eth0 is inactive. However attempting to...

Network problem with Windows ME
Hi all, i am using Windows ME und have a network problem. With an ethernetcard and a router my computer is with a tdsl-Modem in the internet. Via this router also another computer (MacIntosh) is connected to the internet, and all works fine. But my Windows ME - Computer does not show a network. My Network places do not show any network. There is no sharing option in the context menu of folders. However, the net is there. If I search for computers, I find both computers. But I have no access to them. I can ping both computers as well (by name of by IP-address). On the MacIntosh comput...

Problem with the configuration of my Network!
Hello everybody, i've got a problem in my linux network configuration. Always, if I reboot my notebook, i must type the ip and the gateway address again. In /etc/network/interfaces is all okay, so here is a copy: ============================================================================ # The first network card - this entry was created during the Debian installation # (network, broadcast and gateway are optional) auto eth0 iface eth0 inet static address 192.168.1.113 netmask 255.255.255.0 network 192.168.1.0 broadcast 192.168.1.255 ...

Network configuration problem
My 2000server (stand.edi) have two LAN card, one is for local network and another is broadband internet network, both card has static IP address, local network card ip (server ip 190.166.0.1)190.166.0.1 to 87 and internet card ip is 203.200.184.78 subnet 255.255.255.252 default gateway 203.200.184.77 and preferred DNS 202.54.9.9 alternate DNS is 202.54.9.1, but the problem is that my 2000 server client can not access internet, please help me how to configure it. ...

Networking Problem, Setting up "Home Networking Wizard" with Windows XP
Networking Problem, Setting up "Home Networking Wizard" with Windows XP Host Machine is XP Home Edition with satellite internet connected to USB, a USB hub is running off of this machine with 3 clients. Client A (laptop) has Windows ME, Client B has 98 SE and C has 98. Client A can see the host, the host can see client A and I have successfully set up internet connection sharing on client A. Clients B and C cannot see the host and the host cannot see them, however they can see each other. The Workgroup for all machines is: MSWORKGROUP, all computer names are different. Ran th...

Web resources about - Network Configuration Problem - comp.pegasus-mail.windows

Pusher configuration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In a craft with a pusher configuration the propeller (s) are mounted behind their respective engine(s). According to Bill Gunston , a "pusher ...

Facebook Simplifies XCode Configuration, Adds App Events To IOS SDK
Facebook released a new software-development kit for iOS , version 3.6 , the social network announced in a post on its developer blog . continued… ...

Safe Gadget - Secure Your Computer and Smartphones with Easy to Follow Security Configuration Tips on ...
Get Safe Gadget - Secure Your Computer and Smartphones with Easy to Follow Security Configuration Tips on the App Store. See screenshots and ...

The Promise of System Configuration - YouTube
Google Tech Talks November 5, 2008 ABSTRACT In 1993 cfengine was one of the first open source configuration management systems for Unix, and ...

IBM: The PC is the new mainframe - Apple, Configuration / maintenance, Data Center, hardware systems ...
"The PC is dead!" We've heard that message a lot since the birth of Apple's iPad, but when one of the creators of IBM's first PC added his voice ...

Cloud BI vendor Birst bags $38 million in venture funding - SaaS, Configuration / maintenance, Birst ...
Birst, a San Francisco company that offers cloud-based business intelligence services, has scored a US$38 million venture investment led by existing ...

EMC teams with Avaya (not Cisco) on communication pods - unified communications, Configuration / maintenance ...
Two stalwarts in the enterprise IT market joined forces today to release a unified communications stack that integrates hardware from EMC, virtualization ...

MIT panel warns of challenges of hyper-networked world - management, Configuration / maintenance, IDC ...
A panel discussion held at MIT this week hailed major advances in networking technology, but warned that the challenges facing the world's information ...

New 15-inch 2.5 GHz MacBook Pro unboxed and compared to other 2015 configurations
Apple’s new 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display is here and available in a few different configurations. We’re take a closer look at the ...

Qualcomm Announces Snapdragon 820 Modem Configuration
... program. While we have some information about various bits and pieces of Snapdragon 820, the real points of interest like the exact CPU configuration, ...