New Mail Folder Is Missing

I need help. I just installed Pegasus 4.12c on my new computer running
windows xp pro.  This is the same version and operating system as my old
computer where.  everything works fine.

I can't see the new mail folder.  All of my settings are the same as on my
old pc.  I can see that I have 200+ new emails but I can't get to them to
read.

I've read the faq on the pegasus website and also looked at the other
support sites but I could not find and answer to my problem.

Thanks in advance for your help.

KByrd

0
kbyrd

"kbyrd" <kbyrd@triad.rr.com> wrote:

> I need help. I just installed Pegasus 4.12c on my new computer
> running windows xp pro.  This is the same version and operating
> system as my old computer where.  everything works fine.
>
> I can't see the new mail folder.  All of my settings are the
> same as on my old pc.  I can see that I have 200+ new emails but
> I can't get to them to read.

Do you not see the New mail folder at all, or is it there but
empty?

Take a look at Help - About Pegasus Mail - Info, and see whether
the Home mailbox and New mailbox are in the expected location.

If they aren't, shut down Pegasus, run PCONFIG.exe, and enter the
correct path.

If that doesn't help, try this: close Pegasus and rename the file
hierarch.pm to hierarch.bak, to have it as a backup.  When you
restart Pegasus, a new hierarch.pm will be created.  The
hierarchical folder structure will be lost, but the folders and
their contents will still be there.

--
Steve

My e-mail address works as is.
0
Stephen

New mail folder / Main mail folder annoyances
I use Pegasus mail 4.21c. Since Pegasus has a seperate "New Mail" folder, I end up having to search some mail in the "New Mail" folder and some mail in the "Main" folder. Not all of the "New Mail" mail can make it to the Main folder. Is there any way of JUST having a Main folder? I just want the newer mail on top of the older one... not two folders. Also, the New Mail folder takes a long time to load, while the Main folder (with much more mail) loads very quickly... So I want to avoid the New Mail folder altogether. Is this corrected in 4....

some new mails only appear in new mail folder after restart
Hi, after installing Pegasus 4.12, I have the problem, that Pegasus downloads the mails and tells me with the popupwindow repeatedly that I have new mails, but I cannot see all of them. They appear in the new mail folder after I restart pegasus. Can anyone help? Thanx "MO" <moDELETEmads@gDELETEmx.de> wrote: > after installing Pegasus 4.12, I have the problem, that > Pegasus downloads the mails and tells me with the popupwindow > repeatedly that I have new mails, but I cannot see all of them. > They appear in the new mail folder after I restar...

how do I stop new mail folder opening when new mail arrives
Since I reinstalled Pegasus and redid the hierarchy folder, every time I receive new mail, the new mail folder opens. As far, as I can remember, this didn't use to happen - the new mail used to arrive in the new mail folder in Folder manager, then I clicked on the new mail folder using Preview. I don't have Open new mail folder on startup ticked, and can't see what else I can tick/untick Dear Tom, In Tools/Options/Incoming Mail/Folders, tick Crtl+W Tom Thanks, Tom Tom On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 17:01:15 +0000, Tom Barkas <tom@barkas.co.uk> wrotg: >Dea...

Checking mail and new mail folder
Is there a way to keep Pegasus from checking your mail account when the 'new mail folder' is opened.. clicked on? I would have sworn there was but I can't seem to find it in the newer version thanks... larryP@central.com wrote in news:dp07mvo0trg04inrvetau4qdftob9j40h1@4ax.com: > Is there a way to keep Pegasus from checking your mail account when > the 'new mail folder' is opened.. clicked on? > > I would have sworn there was but I can't seem to find it in the newer > version Tools - Internet options - Receiving (POP3) - Uncheck...

New mail doesn't appear in new mail folder in grouped view
I just upgraded from 4.12 to 4.21c. Overall, I'm impressed with some of the new features. However, while setting up the settings, I somehow got the thing into state where when you download mail from the ISP, the new messages come in, and I can see the new .cnm files in the mail directory, however they don't show up in the new mail folder. This used to happen to me occasionally with the old version of Pegasus, however I could hit the File/Read New Mail menu option, and the new messages would pop in. This doesn't work for me with 4.21c. The strange thing is tha...

Checking Mail on Startup without Opening New Mail Folder
Is it possible to have Pegasus Mail check for new mail on startup, but not have the New Mail folder also open? I would like to have the Folder view open on startup, while Pegasus downloads any new mail in the background .... I am using 4.12a. Thank you! Load P-Mail minimized and set the settings to notify you of new mail and have it check the POP3 server every 10 ~ 15 minutes. This why P-mail will be loaded in the SysTray and it will provide a pop-up and a choice WAV file upon email receipt. The wings of Pegasus will also flap. Dave "John Smith" <3r...

Mail doesn't leave New Mail folder
Even after checking that the mail files have write permissions - even after mail is read, it doesn't leave the New Mail folder... Or, only some of it leave... Even though the setting tells it to leave the New Mail folder after reading. Any ideas? Please reply in group. Thanks ...

File in Pmail folder to send mail to new mail address?
Greetings: I have Novell NDS, 400+ email accounts, Winpmail 4.X. School setting, where there are lots of turnovers. I remember that if someone leaves, and wants their mail forwarded to their new mail address, there is a file that is put in that person's pmail folder. The file has 1-2 lines of information, telling where to send all new mail that is received. I cannot recall the filename, or it's correct text. Please help me with the filename, and a sample file content. I have searched everywhere for this! Thanks in advance, Mike. "Google is your friend!&qu...

Using Pegasus Mail from multiple computers; archiving mail folders
I currently use Pegasus Mail for Windows (XP Professional) from my laptop. I put the mail in a root directory c:\Mail. I am thinking of adding a desktop computer and using my existing laptop much less frequently; I would copy over c:\Mail to a drive on the desktop that could be shared, say d:\Mail, and have a few questions: * I know I'd have to edit pmail.ini to point to d:\Mail . * When I am local and able to access d:\Mail, there should be no problem as long as I have only one client open at a time, I believe. But say that I am remote, perhaps on a trip, and want to use Pegas...

Locking up Windows User when accessing outlook exchange server with java mail class / Windows Nutzer gespeert nach dem Versuch auf OutlookExchange Folder zuzugreifen mit der java.mail class
{English} Hello, we have an exchange server here and I am pulling out the messages from the outlook folder to my database. That works fine. But there are some strange things happening. After a couple of times of testing the connection and opening the Store and the Folder, getting the messages, closing the Folder and closing the Store, my windows / outlook user gets locked. And I don't know why!!! Is it possible that i shouldn't have outlook started in the background? Beacause with the java.mail class I open the Folder in READ_WRITE mode that this interfears with outlook? Thx for ...

new mail does not always show up in the new mail panel
I keep pegasus open with the New Mail Panel visible. But sometimes my incoming new mail does not show up in the new mail panel nor does it ring my "new mail sound". To see it I have to go to some other folder and then return to the New Mail Folder. Then the new mail pops up in the New Mail Panel. -- Pat (To respond by email please remove "MYPANTS" from the email address at the top.) ...

Pegasus Mail or Pegasus Mail as 'Admin'

Copy/Paste mail from one mail.box to a new mail.box
Occassionally, we have to allow the server to create new mail boxes on server restart. When we realize we have an issue, we stop Domino, rename the current mail boxes and then new ones get created by the server. We are wondering if there is a tool that would automatically copy and paste the emails in the orginal mail boxes to the new mail boxes. TIA, It must be a dedicated tool, since copying documents to the mail.box is not allowed: It was a potential leak in security. I believe that since version 5 it is changed and copying docs to the mail.box is disabled. greetzz, Dick &...

New mail folder not part of folder
Hi everybody, I am using V 4.12, migrated from 3.12 - 4.01 - 4.02. I am now looking and liking the three-view folder view. However, my new mail folder is not part of the list of my folders. What do I need to do to get it to be part of it. I recently installed a clean copy of V4.12 on another machine, and the new mail folder is part of the folders as I would excpect. Any help is appreciated. Bernhard Zoellich Bernhard Zoellich wrote: > Hi everybody, > > I am using V 4.12, migrated from 3.12 - 4.01 - 4.02. I am now looking and > liking the three...

Web resources about - New Mail Folder Is Missing - comp.pegasus-mail.windows

Doctor Who missing episodes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Material from missing Doctor Who serials has seen release in books, in audio form on CD, and four episodes have been animated for DVD release. ...

Facebook Alerts Users To How Many Stories They’re Missing On News Feed
Facebook wants users to make sure they’re not missing anything on News Feed . Several users on the redesigned News Feed have started seeing notifications ...

LOCATED DECEASED :( - Locate The Missing - Facebook
SAD UPDATE :( REST IN PEACE CARRIE :( Body of missing Davenport woman found in Minnesota: More than three months after her family reported her ...

53 Local AMBER Alert Facebook Pages Will Post Missing Children Feed Updates
Facebook held a press conference today to announce the launch of 53 AMBER Alert Pages that will dispatch bulletins about missing children via ...

NYPD Missing Persons (@NYPDMissing) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here NYPD Missing Persons @ NYPDMissing ...

Body of missing kayaker Susan Quick found after Blackwood River search
The family of state champion kayaker Susan Quick received devastating news on Tuesday morning after the body of the 47-year-old mother-of-two ...

Search continues for kayaker missing on Blackwood River in WA's South West
A search is continuing for a missing kayaker at a river in Western Australia's South West region.

How does Twitter keep missing this obvious opportunity to increase revenue?
I don't get it. Twitter's stock has suffered from a cascading series of meltdowns since its IPO (see chart, below) as its revenue, growth in ...

BASE jumper leaps, man tries to save her, both missing
Officials say camera footage show Katie Connell leaping off bridge near Monterrey, Calif., landing safely, and then being swallowed by waves ...

At least 13 dead after tourist boat capsizes near Nicaragua; more missing
CNN At least 13 dead after tourist boat capsizes near Nicaragua; more missing CNN (CNN) A tour boat capsized off the coast of Nicaragua, killing ...