New mail folder / Main mail folder annoyances

I use Pegasus mail 4.21c. Since Pegasus has a seperate "New Mail"
folder, I end up having to search some mail in the "New Mail" folder
and some mail in the "Main" folder. Not all of the "New Mail" mail can
make it to the Main folder.

Is there any way of JUST having a Main folder? I just want the newer
mail on top of the older one... not two folders.

Also, the New Mail folder takes a long time to load, while the Main
folder (with much more mail) loads very quickly... So I want to avoid
the New Mail folder altogether.

Is this corrected in 4.3? The 4.3 beta is since July! I was expecting
it to go GA already....

Thanks

0
danr_18

 wrote on 28 okt 2005 in comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows:

> I use Pegasus mail 4.21c. Since Pegasus has a seperate "New Mail"
> folder, I end up having to search some mail in the "New Mail" folder
> and some mail in the "Main" folder. Not all of the "New Mail" mail can
> make it to the Main folder.
>
> Is there any way of JUST having a Main folder? I just want the newer
> mail on top of the older one... not two folders.

Just delete the folder you named "main".

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

Evertjan
10/28/2005 2:27:40 PM
But, I'd rather get the stuff out of "new mail"  - since loading
Pegasus CRAWLS when there is alot of mail in "new mail". Does removing
the "main" help that? Is there a way of doing that without deleting all
of the 'old' mail ?

Thanks

0
danr_18
10/28/2005 4:15:12 PM
 wrote on 28 okt 2005 in comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows:

> But, I'd rather get the stuff out of "new mail"

Please quote where you are answering on, this is not email but usenet!

> - since loading
> Pegasus CRAWLS when there is alot of mail in "new mail". Does removing
> the "main" help that? Is there a way of doing that without deleting all
> of the 'old' mail ?

My advice was only in answer of your wishes.

Personally I have a lot of pm-folders and no "main" folder, and only unread
mail stays in the new mail "folder". All moving is done by rules.

If you wish, you can set a rule moving all mail directly in your "main"
folder.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

Evertjan
10/28/2005 4:21:25 PM
>If you wish, you can set a rule moving all mail directly in your "main"
>folder.

Thanks alot. I have done this.

I then removed the "Automatically open new mail folder upon setup"
checkbox.

I then set "Save the Pegusus Mail desktop states between sessions"
checkbox, so that I can get the "Main" active upon startup. Otherwise,
I need to manually open "Main". Is there another way to make sure that
the "Main" folder is always on the screen?

The current "quirk" is that when I receive mail, the "new mail" folder
opens,  (with nothing in it). Any ideas if there is a way around this?

Thanks again!

0
danr_18
10/28/2005 5:12:34 PM
On 28 Oct 2005 07:21:09 -0700, danr_18@yahoo.com wrote:

>I use Pegasus mail 4.21c. Since Pegasus has a seperate "New Mail"
>folder, I end up having to search some mail in the "New Mail" folder
>and some mail in the "Main" folder. Not all of the "New Mail" mail can
>make it to the Main folder.
>
>Is there any way of JUST having a Main folder? I just want the newer
>mail on top of the older one... not two folders.
>
>Also, the New Mail folder takes a long time to load, while the Main
>folder (with much more mail) loads very quickly... So I want to avoid
>the New Mail folder altogether.

The reason for the difference in behavior is that the New Mail folder
is not actually a 'folder'.  It is a directory containing the
individual messages as .cnm files.  When the new mail folder is opened
each of the .cnm files have to be read to extract information.

The Main folder is an indexed file (*.pmm) with an associated index
(*.pmi). Thus opening the Main folder (and all other folders except
the New Mail folder) in Pegasus involves opening a single file and its
associated index, which is MUCH quicker than opening a large number of
files.

--
Bob Doherty
0
> >If you wish, you can set a rule moving all mail directly in your "main"
> >folder.

Another quirk -- if I receive any email, then it goes through the
"compressing empty space" routine each time... Therefore, instead of
taking a while to open pmail... it now takes a while to close pmail.

Thanks again for your help!

0
danr_18
10/28/2005 8:58:45 PM
 wrote on 28 okt 2005 in comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows:
> Another quirk -- if I receive any email, then it goes through the
> "compressing empty space" routine each time... Therefore, instead of
> taking a while to open pmail... it now takes a while to close pmail.

You can set the amount of space before compaction in options.

Will this help?

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

Evertjan

some new mails only appear in new mail folder after restart
Hi, after installing Pegasus 4.12, I have the problem, that Pegasus downloads the mails and tells me with the popupwindow repeatedly that I have new mails, but I cannot see all of them. They appear in the new mail folder after I restart pegasus. Can anyone help? Thanx "MO" <moDELETEmads@gDELETEmx.de> wrote: > after installing Pegasus 4.12, I have the problem, that > Pegasus downloads the mails and tells me with the popupwindow > repeatedly that I have new mails, but I cannot see all of them. > They appear in the new mail folder after I restar...

Checking mail and new mail folder
Is there a way to keep Pegasus from checking your mail account when the 'new mail folder' is opened.. clicked on? I would have sworn there was but I can't seem to find it in the newer version thanks... larryP@central.com wrote in news:dp07mvo0trg04inrvetau4qdftob9j40h1@4ax.com: > Is there a way to keep Pegasus from checking your mail account when > the 'new mail folder' is opened.. clicked on? > > I would have sworn there was but I can't seem to find it in the newer > version Tools - Internet options - Receiving (POP3) - Uncheck...

how do I stop new mail folder opening when new mail arrives
Since I reinstalled Pegasus and redid the hierarchy folder, every time I receive new mail, the new mail folder opens. As far, as I can remember, this didn't use to happen - the new mail used to arrive in the new mail folder in Folder manager, then I clicked on the new mail folder using Preview. I don't have Open new mail folder on startup ticked, and can't see what else I can tick/untick Dear Tom, In Tools/Options/Incoming Mail/Folders, tick Crtl+W Tom Thanks, Tom Tom On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 17:01:15 +0000, Tom Barkas <tom@barkas.co.uk> wrotg: >Dea...

New mail doesn't appear in new mail folder in grouped view
I just upgraded from 4.12 to 4.21c. Overall, I'm impressed with some of the new features. However, while setting up the settings, I somehow got the thing into state where when you download mail from the ISP, the new messages come in, and I can see the new .cnm files in the mail directory, however they don't show up in the new mail folder. This used to happen to me occasionally with the old version of Pegasus, however I could hit the File/Read New Mail menu option, and the new messages would pop in. This doesn't work for me with 4.21c. The strange thing is tha...

Mail doesn't leave New Mail folder
Even after checking that the mail files have write permissions - even after mail is read, it doesn't leave the New Mail folder... Or, only some of it leave... Even though the setting tells it to leave the New Mail folder after reading. Any ideas? Please reply in group. Thanks ...

Checking Mail on Startup without Opening New Mail Folder
Is it possible to have Pegasus Mail check for new mail on startup, but not have the New Mail folder also open? I would like to have the Folder view open on startup, while Pegasus downloads any new mail in the background .... I am using 4.12a. Thank you! Load P-Mail minimized and set the settings to notify you of new mail and have it check the POP3 server every 10 ~ 15 minutes. This why P-mail will be loaded in the SysTray and it will provide a pop-up and a choice WAV file upon email receipt. The wings of Pegasus will also flap. Dave "John Smith" <3r...

File in Pmail folder to send mail to new mail address?
Greetings: I have Novell NDS, 400+ email accounts, Winpmail 4.X. School setting, where there are lots of turnovers. I remember that if someone leaves, and wants their mail forwarded to their new mail address, there is a file that is put in that person's pmail folder. The file has 1-2 lines of information, telling where to send all new mail that is received. I cannot recall the filename, or it's correct text. Please help me with the filename, and a sample file content. I have searched everywhere for this! Thanks in advance, Mike. "Google is your friend!&qu...

New mail folder not part of folder
Hi everybody, I am using V 4.12, migrated from 3.12 - 4.01 - 4.02. I am now looking and liking the three-view folder view. However, my new mail folder is not part of the list of my folders. What do I need to do to get it to be part of it. I recently installed a clean copy of V4.12 on another machine, and the new mail folder is part of the folders as I would excpect. Any help is appreciated. Bernhard Zoellich Bernhard Zoellich wrote: > Hi everybody, > > I am using V 4.12, migrated from 3.12 - 4.01 - 4.02. I am now looking and > liking the three...

Using Pegasus Mail from multiple computers; archiving mail folders
I currently use Pegasus Mail for Windows (XP Professional) from my laptop. I put the mail in a root directory c:\Mail. I am thinking of adding a desktop computer and using my existing laptop much less frequently; I would copy over c:\Mail to a drive on the desktop that could be shared, say d:\Mail, and have a few questions: * I know I'd have to edit pmail.ini to point to d:\Mail . * When I am local and able to access d:\Mail, there should be no problem as long as I have only one client open at a time, I believe. But say that I am remote, perhaps on a trip, and want to use Pegas...

Copying Mail/Folders Between Mail Files
Hi, How do you guys copy mail/folders between mail files? Besides copying and pasting between mail files, surely there has to be an easier way. And no, we don't want the new user using the old mail file. It just seems very annoying it is so difficult to do this. hi there ... i want to say to do that you need to open the mail that you want to copy from and the mail that you want to copy to.. in the domino admin pack .. then jut copy and past then it will work :) you need to enable the full access to yourself on both database ... good luck ...

Locking up Windows User when accessing outlook exchange server with java mail class / Windows Nutzer gespeert nach dem Versuch auf OutlookExchange Folder zuzugreifen mit der java.mail class
{English} Hello, we have an exchange server here and I am pulling out the messages from the outlook folder to my database. That works fine. But there are some strange things happening. After a couple of times of testing the connection and opening the Store and the Folder, getting the messages, closing the Folder and closing the Store, my windows / outlook user gets locked. And I don't know why!!! Is it possible that i shouldn't have outlook started in the background? Beacause with the java.mail class I open the Folder in READ_WRITE mode that this interfears with outlook? Thx for ...

Mail and imported mail in mail app

New Mail not being moved to Main Folder
I've started having a problem with Pegasus where New Mail is not being moved to the Main Folder after it has been read. Each time i read a new message a copy of the message is placed in ther Main Folder but, but it is not removed from the New Mail folder, net result loads of duplicates in the Main Folder and I am forced to manually move the new Mail. On an unrelated note, another problem I'm having is that new mail only being checked when the program is first launched, subsequent attempts using the toolbar icon or the option on the file menu all fail, with no apparant activi...

Junk Mail folder in Mail 2 on Tiger
Is there a way to make this appear on the folders list on the left of the window? Yes, I know I can press cmd-6, or whatever, but an icon on the folder list would be nice... deKay -- + Lofi Gaming: www.lofi-gaming.org.uk [Gamertag: deKay 01] |- Gaming Diary: www.lofi-gaming.org.uk/diary/ |- My computer runs at 3.5MHz and I'm proud of that |- CSS Crap Games Comp 2005: http://www.lofi-gaming.org.uk/speccy/cgc2005/ On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 03:31:42 -0600, deKay wrote (in article <tpm4r11hut9igleqde787crgdsbnmml5hp@4ax.com>): [referring to the Junk folder in Mail] > Is there a...

Web resources about - New mail folder / Main mail folder annoyances - comp.pegasus-mail.windows

Annoyance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Various reasons exist for why one finds particular stimuli annoying. Measurement of annoyance is highly subjective. As an attempt at measurement, ...

Buzzing annoyance at policy that works
'Tony Abbott makes a beeline in my arse,' says people smuggler Reza Kord on a secretly recorded phone call recently.

Annoyance-Driven Development
I’ve been watching House of Cards , the new TV series available exclusively on Netflix, which reportedly outbid HBO, Showtime, and others for ...

Senator John McCain praises Tim Cook for the rapid fix of his app updates annoyance
Thanks to Tim Cook for the automatic iphone app updates! #apple #wwdc — John McCain (@SenJohnMcCain) June 10, 2013 John McCain took to Twitter ...

96 million pounds of pure annoyance: Weighing Alaska's mosquitoes - Alaska Dispatch News
Think Alaska mosquitoes are annoying? Consider that there are roughly 17 trillion of them, so no matter how many times you slap them off your ...

Apple vs. Motorola Mobility Matchup Called on Account of Judge's Annoyance
Richard Posner, the judge presiding over Apple v. Motorola Mobility, has little patience for the companies’ legal teams and even less for their ...

Encrypted e-mail: How much annoyance will you tolerate to keep the NSA away?
How to to encrypt e-mail, and why most don't bother.

The essential collection of Windows 10 guides everything you need to get started, fix annoyances, and ...
... We’ve got you covered here. How to manage notifications in Windows 10 The Action Center could well be your new, favorite source of annoyances. ...

How one algorithm could fix indoor photography’s biggest annoyance
... you ever seen something just outside your window that you wanted to take a picture of but you couldn't get a decent shot thanks to the annoyance ...

What does Ronan Farrow think is: 1. "an annoyance," and 2. "empowering"?
1. Your interest in whether his father is Frank Sinatra or Woody Allen. 2. His new MSNBC TV show. (Need more details? Here 's the whole article.) ...