New Mail not being moved to Main Folder

I've started having a problem with Pegasus where New Mail is not being
moved to the Main Folder after it has been read. Each time i read a
new message a copy of the message is placed in ther Main Folder but,
but it is not removed from the New Mail folder, net result loads of
duplicates in the Main Folder and I am forced to manually move the new
Mail.

On an unrelated note, another problem I'm having is that new mail only
being checked when the program is first launched, subsequent attempts
using the toolbar icon or the option on the file menu all fail, with
no apparant activity, I can however check for new mail if I use the
'selective download' option, I can post a log if needed.
I am using Pegasus 4.12a and Popfile.

Can anyone shed light on these issues?
Thanks

Gids
0
gids_the_king

In article <4be5718a.0402050906.4bedb1a9@posting.google.com>, Gids
gids_the_king@hotmail.comsays...
> I've started having a problem with Pegasus where New Mail is not being
> moved to the Main Folder after it has been read. Each time i read a
> new message a copy of the message is placed in ther Main Folder but,
> but it is not removed from the New Mail folder, net result loads of
> duplicates in the Main Folder and I am forced to manually move the new
> Mail.

Above sounds like 2 problems.

To make sure Pegasus Mail is set to move read messages when the NMF is closed(it
only does it then, anyway), in the Main Menu select Tools/Options. Under
General/Basic Settings, make sure that "Allow read messages to stay in the new
mail folder" is unchecked.  Make sure that "Name for Default Mail Folder" is set
properly, as that is where the read messages will go when things are working
correctly.  Check these settings for all Pegasus Mail Identities as these
settings can and likely should vary for easier housekeeping.

As far as the copy(the message isn't being moved) going to the Main Folder, does
this only happen to read messages?  Do you have a New Mail On Close filter set
to copy the message to the Main Folder when you close the New Mail filter?  If
the first is working, you won't need this one.  In fact this would cause the
duplicates in the Main Folder.  Every time you close the NMF, the same messages
are copied to the Main Folder.

I'm guessing you have Pegasus Mail set to delete messages on the POP3 servers
after downloading them, right?

> On an unrelated note, another problem I'm having is that new mail only
> being checked when the program is first launched, subsequent attempts
> using the toolbar icon or the option on the file menu all fail, with
> no apparant activity, I can however check for new mail if I use the
> 'selective download' option, I can post a log if needed.
> I am using Pegasus 4.12a and Popfile.
>
> Can anyone shed light on these issues?
> Thanks
>
> Gids

It sounds like you have set to automatically open the NMF on startup as well as
POP3 settings set to "Check whenever the new mail folder is opened.  This is
your option and is not a problem.

Again in all Identities, some possible places to check.
In Internet Mail Options, Receiving(POP3) select each profile and see if "Check
no more frequently than once every 0 minutes" is set to 0 zero.  This will allow
you to poll more frequently.  Selective Mail download bypasses the time limit
set there.  For instance, one of my POP3 accounts I have set to once every 60
minutes.  I just polled all and this one was checked then, and is skipped when I
poll all a second time immediately.  Selective Mail checked it anyway.  You can
control how frequently you want to have Pegasus Mail poll the POP3 accounts on
the Internet Mail Options General tab.

Selective Mail download only polls the email account associated as the default
account for the Identity that is displayed in the Pulldown on the Main Toolbar.
You will have to change to each Identity to poll each account with Selective
Mail download.  From what you said, I think you may already know that.

--

                                          John Gray

If you don't have a reason, at least have an excuse.

Just in case there's any doubt, my email address is useless.  Please reply to
this newsgroup.
0
John

New mail folder / Main mail folder annoyances
I use Pegasus mail 4.21c. Since Pegasus has a seperate "New Mail" folder, I end up having to search some mail in the "New Mail" folder and some mail in the "Main" folder. Not all of the "New Mail" mail can make it to the Main folder. Is there any way of JUST having a Main folder? I just want the newer mail on top of the older one... not two folders. Also, the New Mail folder takes a long time to load, while the Main folder (with much more mail) loads very quickly... So I want to avoid the New Mail folder altogether. Is this corrected in 4....

new mail not moving to main folder once read
I can't remember why, but I recently did a re-install over an existing PMail and now new mail stays in the new mail folder till I close the programme, then moves into the Main Folder, whereas it used to move automatically into Main Folder once read. I do not have Tools/Options/Basic Settings Allow Read Messages to stay in the New Mail Folder selected. Any ideas? Tom Barkas <tom@barkas.co.uk> wrote: > I can't remember why, but I recently did a re-install over an > existing PMail and now new mail stays in the new mail folder > till I close the programme, then m...

some new mails only appear in new mail folder after restart
Hi, after installing Pegasus 4.12, I have the problem, that Pegasus downloads the mails and tells me with the popupwindow repeatedly that I have new mails, but I cannot see all of them. They appear in the new mail folder after I restart pegasus. Can anyone help? Thanx "MO" <moDELETEmads@gDELETEmx.de> wrote: > after installing Pegasus 4.12, I have the problem, that > Pegasus downloads the mails and tells me with the popupwindow > repeatedly that I have new mails, but I cannot see all of them. > They appear in the new mail folder after I restar...

how do I stop new mail folder opening when new mail arrives
Since I reinstalled Pegasus and redid the hierarchy folder, every time I receive new mail, the new mail folder opens. As far, as I can remember, this didn't use to happen - the new mail used to arrive in the new mail folder in Folder manager, then I clicked on the new mail folder using Preview. I don't have Open new mail folder on startup ticked, and can't see what else I can tick/untick Dear Tom, In Tools/Options/Incoming Mail/Folders, tick Crtl+W Tom Thanks, Tom Tom On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 17:01:15 +0000, Tom Barkas <tom@barkas.co.uk> wrotg: >Dea...

Checking mail and new mail folder
Is there a way to keep Pegasus from checking your mail account when the 'new mail folder' is opened.. clicked on? I would have sworn there was but I can't seem to find it in the newer version thanks... larryP@central.com wrote in news:dp07mvo0trg04inrvetau4qdftob9j40h1@4ax.com: > Is there a way to keep Pegasus from checking your mail account when > the 'new mail folder' is opened.. clicked on? > > I would have sworn there was but I can't seem to find it in the newer > version Tools - Internet options - Receiving (POP3) - Uncheck...

New mail doesn't appear in new mail folder in grouped view
I just upgraded from 4.12 to 4.21c. Overall, I'm impressed with some of the new features. However, while setting up the settings, I somehow got the thing into state where when you download mail from the ISP, the new messages come in, and I can see the new .cnm files in the mail directory, however they don't show up in the new mail folder. This used to happen to me occasionally with the old version of Pegasus, however I could hit the File/Read New Mail menu option, and the new messages would pop in. This doesn't work for me with 4.21c. The strange thing is tha...

Read mails are not moved from "New mail" in IMAP
Mails are not moved from my "INBOX" of an IMAP account to the selected folder on this account. IMAP Settings: "Make this definition INBOX folder as default new mail folder" is checked. Options: "Allow read meassages to stay in new mail folder" is unchecked "Name for default mail folder" is "Read" (folder of the IMAP account). Any ideas? Dieter ...

Using Pegasus Mail from multiple computers; archiving mail folders
I currently use Pegasus Mail for Windows (XP Professional) from my laptop. I put the mail in a root directory c:\Mail. I am thinking of adding a desktop computer and using my existing laptop much less frequently; I would copy over c:\Mail to a drive on the desktop that could be shared, say d:\Mail, and have a few questions: * I know I'd have to edit pmail.ini to point to d:\Mail . * When I am local and able to access d:\Mail, there should be no problem as long as I have only one client open at a time, I believe. But say that I am remote, perhaps on a trip, and want to use Pegas...

automatically move new mail to folder
I've just configured PMail 4.51 to grab Hotmail POP3 mail in addition to my normal mail, and would like the Hotmail messages to be moved automatically into a different folder. Is it possible to create a rule that is triggered depending on the specific POP3 configuration that downloads the mail? I would like the messages from my other POP3 configuration to remain in the NewMail folder. -- jackmacMACd0onald@telus.net remove uppercase and number for true email On article <4r87l5h89bte5r0ligbp1mpfherihsba36@4ax.com>, jacksonmacd wrote: > I've just configu...

Moving new mail to another folder
I have many messages in my new mail folder that I would like to move to another folder. Previous versions of Pegasus allowed a search where you could mark the messages and then just drag them to the folder you wanted. Version 4.3b1 doesn't seem to have that anymore. Why would they have removed something useful? Anyway, how can I move these without having to create some sort of filter? Or have I missed the "mark" operation somewhere? Please post all replies here. Thank you. Nevermind, I found it in the SELECT area. Hadn't used that before. cluttrbug@yahoo.c...

automatically move new mail to folder
I've just configured PMail 4.51 to grab Hotmail POP3 mail in addition to my normal mail, and would like the Hotmail messages to be moved automatically into a different folder. Is it possible to create a rule that is triggered depending on the specific POP3 configuration that downloads the mail? I would like the messages from my other POP3 configuration to remain in the NewMail folder. -- jackmacMACd0onald@telus.net remove uppercase and number for true email On article <4r87l5h89bte5r0ligbp1mpfherihsba36@4ax.com>, jacksonmacd wrote: > I've just configu...

File in Pmail folder to send mail to new mail address?
Greetings: I have Novell NDS, 400+ email accounts, Winpmail 4.X. School setting, where there are lots of turnovers. I remember that if someone leaves, and wants their mail forwarded to their new mail address, there is a file that is put in that person's pmail folder. The file has 1-2 lines of information, telling where to send all new mail that is received. I cannot recall the filename, or it's correct text. Please help me with the filename, and a sample file content. I have searched everywhere for this! Thanks in advance, Mike. "Google is your friend!&qu...

Mail doesn't leave New Mail folder
Even after checking that the mail files have write permissions - even after mail is read, it doesn't leave the New Mail folder... Or, only some of it leave... Even though the setting tells it to leave the New Mail folder after reading. Any ideas? Please reply in group. Thanks ...

How to move mail folder to new installation?
I just upgraded (reinstalled) my linuxbox to a newer version, had my Pine ~/mail folder backed up. Then installed Pine, untared my mail folder, and started Pine. It would not use the imported ~/mail directory, but opened a new mail folder in the nearby Mail directory that happened to be there. Is there a correct way to import an existing mail folder to fresh installation of Pine (4.58)? Would it help before actually running Pine, to set the "folder-collections" in .pinerc, then run it with the old ~/mail in place? Thank you, Hannu On 11 Nov 2003 Hannu (dr@nospam_ils.net) wrote: >...

Web resources about - New Mail not being moved to Main Folder - comp.pegasus-mail.windows

Folder (computing) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
is a virtual container within a digital file system , in which groups of computer files and possibly other folders can be kept and organized. ...

Facebook For Android 3.4 Beta Adds Folders To Home
... introduced Thursday, a feature Home users have been clamoring for was added to the beta version of Facebook for Android 3.4 : application folders ...

Facebook updates Home, adds folders
Facebook on Monday announced an update to Home , its platform for Android. Now Home users can categorize their apps into folders. A Facebook ...

App Store - Folder
Read reviews, get customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about Folder on the App Store. Download Folder and enjoy it on your iPhone, ...

Panasonic Dynamite8 Dealer Folder - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Cleaned scan (recto-verso) of a 1974 Panasonic Dealer A4 Folder about promotion of "Dynamite 8" (Detonator or TNT) RQ-830S New 8-track player ...

New Apple TV tvOS hacked to show iOS-like app folders
... the first tvOS 9.1 beta to developers earlier this week, but it lacked the addition of one major feature many have been calling for: folder ...

Facebook Replacing ‘Other’ Folder With Message Requests
The infamous “Other” folder for messages on Facebook will soon be extinct, as the social network is rolling out a feature called Message Requests ...

Manage folders and upload files, now in Amazon Cloud Drive
... then the recent update should cheer you up. The updated version, released on Oct. 10, brings great new features that allow you to manage folders, ...

Apple TV's tvOS found to support app folders
... interesting nuggets of info in Apple's tvOS that hint at future Apple TV capabilities, and on Wednesday discovered a way to bring app folder ...

tvOS 9.2 beta introduces folders and restores Bluetooth keyboard support
New update starts picking the new Apple TV's low-hanging fruit.