No more "Subject", "Date/Time" or "Size" headers/buttons in new mail (and other) folders

All of a sudden they disappeared: the "Subject", "Date/Time" or "Size"
headers/buttons in my new mail (and other) folder preview are gone!
Just the sender remains, and when new mail arrives it 'disappears'
somewhere in the alphabetically sorted list in stead of ending up on
top in the date-sorted list.

I use V4.31 on XP, sofar I never had any major issues. PMail sometimes
decides for a disabled SMTP server without warning when I'm on the
road, but that's it.

This one is a major issue. It has rendered my email almost unusable.
All I can do to find new messages is open the folder I want to look at
and use that list ("Subject", "Date/Time" or "Size" headers/buttons
are present there) to sort by date.

I can not resize the "Sender" column, it is the only column present. I
found a reference to a <CTRL +> solution on the numeric keypad, too
bad my Thinkpad doesn't have a numeric keypad.
I updated PM 4.31 with the original PM 4.31, and I got the same view.
Just senders, nothing else.

Solutions? Anyone? Please?

Met een vriendelijke groet,

--
Arthur Swart
Sales Manager

De Drukwerkdienst
Isla Margaritastraat 97
1339 MN  Almere
i.	www.drukwerkdienst.nl
e.	info@drukwerkdienst.nl

0
swart

On 27 jun, 14:29, s...@drukwerkdienst.nl wrote:
> All of a sudden they disappeared: the "Subject", "Date/Time" or "Size"
> headers/buttons in my new mail (and other) folder preview are gone!
> Just the sender remains, and when new mail arrives it 'disappears'
> somewhere in the alphabetically sorted list in stead of ending up on
> top in the date-sorted list.
>
> I use V4.31 on XP, sofar I never had any major issues. PMail sometimes
> decides for a disabled SMTP server without warning when I'm on the
> road, but that's it.
>
> This one is a major issue. It has rendered my email almost unusable.
> All I can do to find new messages is open the folder I want to look at
> and use that list ("Subject", "Date/Time" or "Size" headers/buttons
> are present there) to sort by date.
>
> I can not resize the "Sender" column, it is the only column present. I
> found a reference to a <CTRL +> solution on the numeric keypad, too
> bad my Thinkpad doesn't have a numeric keypad.
> I updated PM 4.31 with the original PM 4.31, and I got the same view.
> Just senders, nothing else.
>
> Solutions? Anyone? Please?
>
> Met een vriendelijke groet,
>
> --
> Arthur Swart
> Sales Manager
>
> De Drukwerkdienst
> Isla Margaritastraat 97
> 1339 MN  Almere
> i.      www.drukwerkdienst.nl
> e.      i...@drukwerkdienst.nl

Update: I use Version 4.41. I have copied older versions over this
version (until V3.12c), trying to get the complete view back. No
success. I still only have senders, no subjects, no date, no
filesizes.
Any suggestions?

Arthur Swart
NL

0
swart
6/27/2007 3:43:27 PM
Arthur Swart wrote:

> On 27 jun, 14:29, s...@drukwerkdienst.nl wrote:
>> All of a sudden they disappeared: the "Subject", "Date/Time" or
>> "Size" headers/buttons in my new mail (and other) folder preview
>> are gone! Just the sender remains, and when new mail arrives it
>> 'disappears' somewhere in the alphabetically sorted list in stead
>> of ending up on top in the date-sorted list.
>>
>> I use V4.31 on XP, sofar I never had any major issues. PMail
>> sometimes decides for a disabled SMTP server without warning when
>> I'm on the road, but that's it.
>>
>> This one is a major issue. It has rendered my email almost
>> unusable. All I can do to find new messages is open the folder I
>> want to look at and use that list ("Subject", "Date/Time" or
>> "Size" headers/buttons are present there) to sort by date.
>>
>> I can not resize the "Sender" column, it is the only column
>> present. I found a reference to a <CTRL +> solution on the
>> numeric keypad, too bad my Thinkpad doesn't have a numeric
>> keypad. I updated PM 4.31 with the original PM 4.31, and I got
>> the same view. Just senders, nothing else.
>>
>> Solutions? Anyone? Please?
>>
> Update: I use Version 4.41. I have copied older versions over this
> version (until V3.12c), trying to get the complete view back. No
> success. I still only have senders, no subjects, no date, no
> filesizes.
> Any suggestions?

Put 4.41 back.

With Pmail closed...

Pick one of the three below procedures then restart Pmail

1) Delete the file named STATE.PMJ

2) Make a backup of the STATE.PMJ file.
    Open STATE.PMJ in a text editor.
    Remove all of the entries in the [FOLDER] section.
    Remove the BrowseDefault entry in the [General] section.

3) Inspect and edit STATE.PMJ file for the offending size parameters.

    e.g.

    K050O7XJ:4CB1:FOL02146=3,21,699,542,"160,293,112,0,34,3"

    In the above line "160,293,112,0,34,3" is the column sizing.

>> I found a reference to a <CTRL +> solution on the numeric keypad,
>> too bad my Thinkpad doesn't have a numeric keypad.

Does not the keyboard have some method to activate a ten-key pad?

--
            url=http://guysalias.fateback.com/pgpkeys.txt
0
On Jun 27, 8:45 pm, Guy <Use-Reply-To-Address-Header@[127.1]> wrote:
> Arthur Swart wrote:
> > On 27 jun, 14:29, s...@drukwerkdienst.nl wrote:
> >> All of a sudden they disappeared: the "Subject", "Date/Time" or
> >> "Size" headers/buttons in my new mail (and other) folder preview
> >> are gone! Just the sender remains, and when new mail arrives it
> >> 'disappears' somewhere in the alphabetically sorted list in stead
> >> of ending up on top in the date-sorted list.
>
> >> I use V4.31 on XP, sofar I never had any major issues. PMail
> >> sometimes decides for a disabled SMTP server without warning when
> >> I'm on the road, but that's it.
>
> >> This one is a major issue. It has rendered my email almost
> >> unusable. All I can do to find new messages is open the folder I
> >> want to look at and use that list ("Subject", "Date/Time" or
> >> "Size" headers/buttons are present there) to sort by date.
>
> >> I can not resize the "Sender" column, it is the only column
> >> present. I found a reference to a <CTRL +> solution on the
> >> numeric keypad, too bad my Thinkpad doesn't have a numeric
> >> keypad. I updated PM 4.31 with the original PM 4.31, and I got
> >> the same view. Just senders, nothing else.
>
> >> Solutions? Anyone? Please?
>
> > Update: I use Version 4.41. I have copied older versions over this
> > version (until V3.12c), trying to get the complete view back. No
> > success. I still only have senders, no subjects, no date, no
> > filesizes.
> > Any suggestions?
>
> Put 4.41 back.
>
> With Pmail closed...
>
> Pick one of the three below procedures then restart Pmail
>
> 1) Delete the file named STATE.PMJ
>
> 2) Make a backup of the STATE.PMJ file.
>     Open STATE.PMJ in a text editor.
>     Remove all of the entries in the [FOLDER] section.
>     Remove the BrowseDefault entry in the [General] section.
>
> 3) Inspect and edit STATE.PMJ file for the offending size parameters.
>
>     e.g.
>
>     K050O7XJ:4CB1:FOL02146=3,21,699,542,"160,293,112,0,34,3"
>
>     In the above line "160,293,112,0,34,3" is the column sizing.
>
> >> I found a reference to a <CTRL +> solution on the numeric keypad,
> >> too bad my Thinkpad doesn't have a numeric keypad.
>
> Does not the keyboard have some method to activate a ten-key pad?
>
> --
>             url=http://guysalias.fateback.com/pgpkeys.txt

Hello Guy,

Thanks!
I took option 1 (seemed the easy way out) and I'm back in business
(literaly).

Arthur

0
swart

"""""""""ADD ME""""""""""

about "++" and "--"

"my" and "our"

why "::", not "."

"/a" is not "/a" ?

"or" and "and"

"If then; if then;" and "If then; if;"

"out" and "in out"

Hello Partners, How are you ? Please find the requirements below. Title: Database/ETL Developer Duration: 6 months Location: NY Exp: 7+ Locals preferred Database/ETL requirements (Mandatory) Candidate must have worked with financial instruments, preferably Mutual Funds but, Equities are also ok. PL/SQL - packages, Stored procs, Functions, Aggregate functions, Pipelined Functions Informatica 8.6 - especially complex mappings, complex maplets, complex workflows, transformations Oracle 10g/11g Unix/Linux shell scripting Database/ETL requirements (Optional) ...

Hello Partners, How are you ? Please find the requirement below. Location : NY Duration : 8 mnths Rate :Open Job description: Java/J2EE Web Service Developer =B7 (4+ years of application development experience in Java/J2EE and Web service technologies. =B7 Experience with spring & Hibernate. =B7 Experience with J2EE Application Server (preferably Web logic). =B7 Preferable Aqua logic DSP Experience =B7 Preferable Sonic ESB Composite Service experience Experience w...

Web resources about - No more "Subject", "Date/Time" or "Size" headers/buttons in new mail (and other) folders - comp.pegasus-mail.windows