No mouse scrolling in "Select a mail folder" window

It's taken me a while to realize that when I select a mail message in
my New Mail folder and then click on "MOVE" in the top menu, the next
window that opens is "Select a mail folder".

In that window my MS mouse doesn't scroll.  It does scroll in all
other windows.

Anyone know an answer?

TIA, Rich
0
Rich

g0ca309bmd056k0tf486l4a8r89ropnc36@4ax.com,
Rich <grstidge@localnet.com>:
> It's taken me a while to realize that when I select a mail message in
> my New Mail folder and then click on "MOVE" in the top menu, the next
> window that opens is "Select a mail folder".
>
> In that window my MS mouse doesn't scroll.  It does scroll in all
> other windows.
>
> Anyone know an answer?

I'd suggest you try changing your mouse driver.

My recommendation is:
http://www.a4tech.com/
Select the right number of wheels and buttons.
I've used these driver with several mice, always better than the original.

This driver will allow the wheel to scroll whichever window you hover the
mouse over.

--
Robert
User in front of @ is fake, actual user is: mkarta

0
RobertSA
2/19/2004 10:36:47 PM
Thanks for the idea, however none of those drivers will work for my
mouse.

I should have declared that I have the MS Intellimouse Explorer 2.0
with fwd/back browser buttons and tilt wheel for panning capability.

Rich

"RobertSA" <userinsignaturebutdomainok@o2.pl> wrote:

>g0ca309bmd056k0tf486l4a8r89ropnc36@4ax.com,
>Rich <grstidge@localnet.com>:
>> It's taken me a while to realize that when I select a mail message in
>> my New Mail folder and then click on "MOVE" in the top menu, the next
>> window that opens is "Select a mail folder".
>>
>> In that window my MS mouse doesn't scroll.  It does scroll in all
>> other windows.
>>
>> Anyone know an answer?
>
>I'd suggest you try changing your mouse driver.
>
>My recommendation is:
>http://www.a4tech.com/
>Select the right number of wheels and buttons.
>I've used these driver with several mice, always better than the original.
>
>This driver will allow the wheel to scroll whichever window you hover the
>mouse over.

0
Rich
2/20/2004 2:31:51 AM
Rich wrote:
> Thanks for the idea, however none of those drivers will work for my
> mouse.
>=20
> I should have declared that I have the MS Intellimouse Explorer 2.0
> with fwd/back browser buttons and tilt wheel for panning capability.

You could try installing Logitech MouseWare. They usually work very well =
with MS mice.
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/downloads/finder/NL/EN,CRID=3D270
(Not supported on Windows Server 2003).
--=20
Kuifmans
0
Kuifmans

Algorithm for "Windows Center" and "Windows Width"
Hi I got the Dicom Image From Raw Data Without Applying "WIndows Center" and "Windows Width".Could You Tell me How I can Apply this things For Brightness,Contrast,and for getting Hounsfield Unit.I tried To search Algoritnm for that but i cannot get appropriate solution. If any body have solution or idea please share with me. regards Neeraj Kumar Hello Neeraj, The Hounsfield Values are not affected by the Center/Window (C/W) settings, these are affected by "Rescale Intercept" and "Rescale Slope". C/W tells you, which values have been...

No more "Subject", "Date/Time" or "Size" headers/buttons in new mail (and other) folders
All of a sudden they disappeared: the "Subject", "Date/Time" or "Size" headers/buttons in my new mail (and other) folder preview are gone! Just the sender remains, and when new mail arrives it 'disappears' somewhere in the alphabetically sorted list in stead of ending up on top in the date-sorted list. I use V4.31 on XP, sofar I never had any major issues. PMail sometimes decides for a disabled SMTP server without warning when I'm on the road, but that's it. This one is a major issue. It has rendered my email almost unusable. All I can...

window loses focus / no longer the "selected" window
Am totally bummfuzzled. After doing a massive update of everything listed in Software Update (long story) a user's eMac is now having this strange behavior that is a major PITA. No matter which app she's in, the window in which she wants to be will becomae unselected after a matter of seconds. Say she wants to type in a password. She clicks inside the field and starts typing. After a few letters the window loses focus and there's just clunking sound for subsequent keystrokes. Just being in Finder: open a new window, after a few seconds it's as if you'd just clicked ...

a variable "a" and "window.a" ??
i saw a code refactorying onload event listener window.onloadListeners=new Array(); window.addOnLoadListener=function(listener) { window.onloadListeners[window.onloadListeners.length]=listener; } why declare the onloadListeners, addOnLoadListener below window? i think bare "afunc" and "window.afunc" are same thing and available both way. is there a difference? On Jan 26, 12:51 pm, "gg9h0st" <mn9h...@hotmail.com> wrote: > i saw a code refactorying onload event listener > > window.onloadListeners=new Array(); > window.addOnLoadListener=f...

Windows program for creating "quarantine" / "sandboxed" folders
Hello, I wonder if it is possible to define a folder (for example the folder that is used for downloads) as a quarantined zone, that is, to assure that any viruses or other malware cannot leave this folder and infect the system or other folders. (I understood that this principle is referred to as "sandbox", right?) Are there any software solutions accomplishing this under Windows XP? Many thanks in advance for your answer, Holger On 18 May 2004 17:28:50 -0700, huesodepez@yahoo.es (Holger Finke) wrote: >Hello, >I wonder if it is possible to define a folder (for example the fol...

"Send" button disappeared from Mail window
What the hell? I installed nothing, updated nothing, changed nothing in the system or in Mail, but suddenly the "Send" button is just not there anymore in new message composition windows. Searching the Mail menus I see no way to re-add it. Any ideas? (I have not yet re-booted because doing something that might work on a Windoze peecee would be too sad.) richard schumacher <no-spam@invalid.net> wrote: > What the hell? I installed nothing, updated nothing, changed nothing in > the system or in Mail, but suddenly the "Send" button is just not there > ...

OT: "Windows Mail" in Vista is rubbish
I use Thunderbird for my mail and newsgroup needs. Been using it for ages, works very well. Today I ran "Windows Mail" in Vista due to a slip of the finger, and figuring what the hell, decided to browse c.s.i.p.g.a. to see how things differ between the two apps. How come a free program like Thunderbird understands those little '>' characters in a post and can highlight them appropriately as quotes (making conversations much easier to follow), and yet this piece-of-shit "Windows Mail" program in Vista cannot? I figure if you're gonna bundle what should...

Invalid path L"c:\\windows" for L"windows" directory: does not exist.
Sorry to be a newbie. Can someone explain the difference between a windows install and a linux install. I used the ./wine/tools/wineinstall script to install from source and when it asked if I wanted a windows or linux install I chose linux. I get the following message when I try to run word.exe: "Windows" = "c:\\windows" (plus, some other stuff similar to above.....I'm at work and I installed on my home pc so I don't recall all the details) I thought the following section of the config file refers to my actual directories on my windows partition (b...

How to migrate an application from "VisualWorks/Windows NT" --> "VisualWorks/Windows XP" ?
Hello, We developped a big application (1995-2002) with "VisualWorks(R), Release 2.5.2 of September 26, 1995 Copyright (C) 1995 ParcPlace-Digitalk, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Version Id: #[25 26 47 9 25 0 0 0 25 26 47 13] Patches: CScanner Release 2.5 DLL and C Connect-VW2.5 DLL and C Connect-VW2.5 VW2.5-compat-oldview VW2.5.1 VW2.5.1-dllcc VW2.5.2 we have to migrate our application to "Windows XP". When we start the application with "Windows XP" + "...

"Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service" misleading the Sendmail by BODY=7BIT in "mail from"
Hello. I ran into a situation where the Sendmail deceived by the Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service. MS ESMTP Service send to Sendmail MAIL FROM:<system@gosuslugi.ru> SIZE=12345 AUTH=<> BODY=7BIT but message is not 7BIT. It contain MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="--2f2da5fd4e757bb09dce3cc4fd3fda88" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit in header, but ----59b9b79d39a2fcdcd7600d2d20592b5a Content-Type: text/html; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit in some parts and real text in utf8. Sendmail loses one bit. :-(...

Problem using the "nail" or the "mail" command to receive E-mail. HELP!!!
Using the "nail" or the "mail" command to send and receive E-mail. Examine this line: ls -a ~ | nail -a .mailrc -A autosend -s "Dis be a tess" dock@technologist.com I have been using this line at a command prompt to send an E-mail with the subject line "Dis be a tess" using my E-mail account back to my E- mail account. What this particular line does is: list the directory using the "ls" command. It then pipes the output from the "ls" command to a "nail" command. The parameters in the "nail" command a...

Where is the "windows/options/cabs" folder on my compaq windows 98 install?
I just recently installed windows 98se on my compaq armada 7790 DM and when i was trying to install some software, the was no "windows/options/cabs" folder for the drivers to be copied into.I also had to reinstall the DIAGS partition. Are there any solutions?..thanks, Mark in kansas city -- CHIEFS KICK DOWN THE DOOR IN 2004 "markymark" <markymark7560@sbcglobal.net> wrote: >i was trying to install some software, the was no "windows/options/cabs" Search for *.cab and see if they got put somewhere else. Not every installation had them, and they occa...

"Scrolling" a Window
CW55EEABC I have a window that needs to have more lines on it than the window will show. i.e. 1. FITS IN WINDOW 2. FITS IN WINDOW 3. FITS IN WINDOW 4. FITS IN WINDOW 5. DOES NOT FIT 6. DOES NOT FIT 7. DOES NOT FIT 8. DOES NOT FIT Can I have a verticle scroll bar for a window like a Text Control? TIA Tim Morrison Thanks.... got it.... Tim "Maarten" <maarveen@planet.nl> wrote in message news:3efca320@news.softvelocity.com... > Tim, > > > Can I have a verticle scroll bar for a window like a Text Control? > There's a checkbox for that on the win...

Does anyone know of a windows explorer "search results" "mouse over" that is more informative?
In Windows Explorer when I have search a folder and then let my mouse "hover" over the icon ("mouse over") all I get is "search results". Is there any registry setting I can change to get the search string displayed. Here is what I would like ideally. http://users.waymark.net/~matt.nations/Windows%20explorer%20search%20directory%20help%20showing%20path%20example.gif Alternately, has anyone written a program that supplements Explorer to accomplish this? On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 21:32:15 -0600, Matt Alanzo <ms-windows.misc05@emailias.com> wrote: A...

Web resources about - No mouse scrolling in "Select a mail folder" window - comp.pegasus-mail.windows