Not getting all e-mail

Some of the e-mail is not coming in, but if I go online it is there at the
website (comcast).

How do I get it all (download) into Pegasus and delete the content on the
website like normal?

On Sat, 2 Jul 2005 13:40:42 -0700, "A" <John_Waters@comcast.net> wrote:

>Some of the e-mail is not coming in, but if I go online it is there at the
>website (comcast).
>
>How do I get it all (download) into Pegasus and delete the content on the
>website like normal?

I dunno.  Are you getting the same email downloaded when you try again?
Does it download until it gets to a certain email then just stops?  Was it
working correctly before?  Do you have the "Delete mail after it's
downloaded" option checked?  Are you using any antivirus program to scan
downloading email?

When Comcast tries to download some spam with badly configured headers, it
seems to cause problems, especially when incoming email is scanned by some
antivirus programs.  It causes the servers to "choke" and nothing is
downloaded after the offending piece.  Possible solutions:

1.  Delete the offending spam via webmail.
2.  Disable antivirus scanning of incoming email
3.  Enable SSL on incoming email.

I suggest the last choice, #3.

mady

0
mady
7/2/2005 9:38:11 PM
Actually, I have seen this "Delete mail after it's downloaded" option
checked?"  But I can't find it anymore.  I think the problems started after
an upgrade.

Somebody else uses it and ask me questions.

On Sat, 2 Jul 2005 19:34:55 -0700, "A" <John_Waters@comcast.net> wrote:

>Actually, I have seen this "Delete mail after it's downloaded" option
>checked?"  But I can't find it anymore.  I think the problems started after
>an upgrade.
>
>Somebody else uses it and ask me questions.

Tools
Internet Options
Receiving (Pop3)
Edit
General

mady

0
mady
7/3/2005 6:40:47 PM
> Tools
> Internet Options
> Receiving (Pop3)
> Edit
> General
>
> mady

Thanks Mady.

I think that did it.  Your very heplful.

On Sun, 3 Jul 2005 15:13:31 -0700, "A" <John_Waters@comcast.net> wrote:

>Thanks Mady.
>
>I think that did it.  Your very heplful.

You're welcome.

mady

0
mady

E-mail recusado
AVISO GERADO AUTOMATICAMENTE WARNING GENERATED AUTOMATICALLY ________________________________________________________________ E-mail com anexos executaveis sao descartados pelo nosso servidor. Se quiser, compacte o arquivo e envie novamente. Maiores detalhes: http://infonib.nib.unicamp.br/aviso-virus.html ________________________________________________________________ E-mail with executables atachments are not allowed in our servers. with you want to send the e-mail, compress it and send it again More details: http://infonib.nib.unicamp.br/virus-warning.html *---------------------------...

Pegasus Mail or Pegasus Mail as 'Admin'

[blockmail] E-mail bloqueado
O e-mail abaixo indicado foi bloqueado por este servidor, pois cont�m um anexo execut�vel. Arquivos execut�veis s�o potencialmente perigosos por constituir meio de propaga��o de v�rus e worms de e-mail. The following e-mail was blocked by this server because it contains an executable attachment. Executable files are potentially dangerous, as they are used for e-mail virus and worms propagation. Mail headers: Date : Fri, 23 Apr 2004 09:27:30 -0300 Subject : Mail Delivery failure (gabicr@grad.icmc.usp.br) From : python-list@python.org Return-Path: <python-list@pytho...

Mail refuses to get mail
2 weeks ago I noticed that Mail.app didn't get the mail from 1 of my 2 IMAP accounts (set to collect mail every 5 minutes). The other account, on the same server continued working normally. The problem was solved after a reboot. Yesterday the other account was stuck in the same way. This time a relaunch of Mail.app sufficed. Strange and nasty problem. Anyone experiencing similar problems? Any permanent solutions except switching to another e-mail client? (I am considering Thunderbird now). System: Intel iMac, 24", 2.8 GHz, 4 Gb RAM Snow Leopard 10.6.1 Mail 4.1 -- Zala zala(a...

Device that has internet, e-mail, & e-mail attachments
I have a client who asked me to find a "Palm Pilot" like device (basically any device that's roughly the size of a palm pilot) that would allow him to wirelessly surf the internet, access his e-mail, as well as open e-mail attachments, especially Word, Excel, and PDF. Does anything like this exist? Any suggestions are highly appreciated, Harry -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =----- Tungsten T3, Sony UX-50, Blackberry and ...

I get mail remotely, but sent mail waits for me to get home
I spent the day at the hospital today, and checked my e-mail on my Wi-Fi iPad. I replied to some messages but they failed to send out. I got home and plugged it into my Mac, and checked my mail. My sent mail was in my in box with the time I had pressed "sent". I am inferring that they had that time-date stamp on my iPad, but only got sent when I connected at home. Either via my home Wi-Fi, or via my Mac??? If it was the latter, then I expect I don't have something set up correctly in my iPad's outgoing mail. Could it be the latter? Or is it possib...

Sending e-mail to and receiving e-mail into Acucobol programs
I develop accounting software for timeshare resorts, membership campgrounds and comdominiums using Acucobol. These properties would like for their owners/members to be able to view their charge/payment histories on-line and, if desired, make a payment. There will be identical files on the Server and Client side and they will have to stay in sync. The way I would like to do this is to send e-mails to and from the server/client when a person's account is changed, either by a charge or payment. I would welcome any ideas/help along these lines. Thank you. Keith On 12 Aug 2003 09:55:36 -0700, ...

Sending e-mail with attachments with the default e-mail client
Hello. I need to send e-mails with attachments under W2K using the default e-mail client. I'd like to open the e-mail aplication with the attachment to allow the user to chose the recipients. I got it working using the mailto mechanism but only for Outlook. Anybody has an idea of how to do this to work with all the e-mail clients? Thanks in advance. ...

Opening a Draft E-mail or an e-mail in edit mode.
I was prompted to think about this by a couple of MLH's recent posts. Whether this is what he !!!!really!!!! wanted, I don't know. This code is supposed to open an e-mail in edit mode, although I have called it "draft". It's pretty simple. It just creates an .eml file, in eml format, and then calls ShellExecute to open the file (I tried Application.FollowHyperlink first; that works but results in two warning messages on my machine.) Some e-mail programs when set as the default will also make themselves the default opener of .eml files so on my machine this opens in Thund...

E-MAIL PROCESSING COMPANY seeking E-MAIL PROCESSORS
E-MAIL PROCESSING COMPANY seeking E-MAIL PROCESSORS immediately to sustain EXPLOSIVE GROWTH!! Earn �1,000-�5,000 per month (Part-time) or �5,000-�10,000 (Full-time). FREE Start-Up! Not MLM. No experience necessary! SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY please! For full details, e-mail us now: "mail to: homeworkers_dream@hotmail.com with Subject Line = "SHOW ME" ...

function to isolate the e-mail host from an e-mail name
Hi. Sorry if this is an old question, but.... i have a table that includes an e-mail address in a query, i would like to create two columns with expressions for the hostname and the username. what function(s) would i use to split the e-mail address to what comes before the @ and what comes after? thanks, Larry - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - "Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown." Try Instr() to find location of the @ symbol in the email address, then Left() and Right() to extract the text eg. Assuming @ will always exist..... username = Left([myEmail]...

Send e-mail from AIX to external e-mail address
I would like to be able to e-mail a log file from my AIX server to an external e-mail address. I'm using the mail command and it works fine if i send a e-mail to someone on the company's exchange server, but if I try to send an e-mail to someone outside the company it says host unknown. Is there something I need to set-up to make this work? I have a similar system set-up on my NT server where I am using the open source program sendemail. It works fine and it is easy to use. It is just an executable and you can add parameters like the name of our mail relay server. Can I get a sim...

I use Pegasus Mail to filter E-mail and block spam for FREE, all spam.pnp updates posted here!
I was using Pegasus Mail in the 90's and recently decided to look at it again. The author's web site is http://www.pmail.com and he has continued its development into something incredibly useful. Most amazing of all is that he keeps it free by only selling the documentation.. Anyway, in addition to its neat automatic spam content filter, you can create and utilize custom filters which will in fact filter everything and do so on the server side, if you tell it to. I figured it all out in one night using the HELP INDEX included with Pegasus Mail. The filter file I...

Mail and imported mail in mail app

Web resources about - Not getting all e-mail - comp.pegasus-mail.windows

Ted Cruz trolls Donald Trump with 'Make Trump Debate Again' hats
WASHINGTON — Sen. Ted Cruz expertly trolled his fellow presidential hopeful and GOP front-runner Donald Trump on Wednesday, hoping to shame the ...

Facebook's fourth-quarter earnings smash Wall Street expectations
Social media giant Facebook today reported sales and earnings that well exceeded Wall Street's expectations, as both the users and mobile ad ...

In Oregon, FBI surrounds armed protesters, won't discuss fatal shooting
Los Angeles Times In Oregon, FBI surrounds armed protesters, won't discuss fatal shooting Los Angeles Times What began as a small, peaceful ...

Tip of the Day: Managing iOS device backups in iTunes
While iCloud backups provide a certain degree of convenience, many users will quickly go beyond the free 5GB of storage that Apple provides. ...

California judge won’t put brakes on upcoming Uber driver lawsuit
It looks like Uber drivers in California will have their day in court, as Bloomberg reports that the ride share company couldn’t convince the ...

The children of Zika: Babies born with disorder linked to virus
CNN The children of Zika: Babies born with disorder linked to virus CNN Recife, Brazil (CNN) When Rafaela Oliveira dos Santos, 20, gave birth ...

Scott Stapp Embraces Super Bowl-Bound Carolina Panthers’ “Creedbombing” Craze With Arms Wide Open
The Carolina Panthers have been this season's most dominant NFL team, finishing the regular season 15-1 and easily defeating both playoff opponents ...

FCC pushes #unlockthebox campaign to fix cable TV
Cable TV has many issues that frustrate its customers channel bundles, poor customer service, high prices and more but so many of them track ...

Disney Flying In Han Solo To Show Off ‘Star Wars’-Themed Lands On ABC Special
Harrison Ford will give viewers an exclusive preview of the Star Wars -themed lands in the works at Disneyland and Walt Disney World during ABC ...

Brands find Yeezus after Kanye's unbelievable Twitter rant
Did somebody say "corny as fuck"? A few bold brands tried to tap into their inner Yeezus after Kanye West hammered out a lengthy Twitter rant ...