Out of the blue: Pegasus crashes when opening mails with attachments

This happened practically synchronously here on two Win7-systems
yesterday, one 32 bit home premium, the other 64 bit pro.

Pegasus 4.51 /4.61

Both run on D: in \root\PMAIL

Both had a 0kB sized cnm file dated yesterday afternoon (same name) in
their mail folders which I purged (the 0kB-files).

Both show the behaviour now that Pegasus crashes whenever certain
mails with attachments are opened. This applies also to older
messages. Other messages, all without attachments, and some with
attachments, can be opened normally.

The crash-mails could be opened before without any problems.

Copying these messages to a folder and opening them there leads to a
crash in the same way.

Any ideas or hints? Thanks in advance,

Cheers,
U.

0
Ulrich

Am 25.08.2011, 22:40 Uhr, schrieb Ulrich G. Kliegis
<diesemailadressevonUlliistzwaretwaslangabersieisttrotzdemgueltig@kliegis.de>:

> This happened practically synchronously here on two Win7-systems
> yesterday, one 32 bit home premium, the other 64 bit pro.
>
> Pegasus 4.51 /4.61

I have no idea about 4.51 (could it be AV or malware scanner related by
any chance?), but 4.61 will crash on HTML messages if IE 9 is installed, a
fix is available at
<http://community.pmail.com/files/folders/community_add-ons_for_pegasus_mail/entry24145.aspx>.
If this doesn't help we need crash dumps (preferably of 4.61 since it
provides more detailed debug information) created by my MiniDump extension
 from
<http://community.pmail.com/files/folders/community_add-ons_for_pegasus_mail/entry12763.aspx>.

					Michael

--
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
PGP Plugin for Pegasus Mail: <http://www.pmpgp.de/pmpgp/>

>I have no idea about 4.51 (could it be AV or malware scanner related by
>any chance?)

The 4.51 crashes were caused by the odd 0kB sized .cnm - file. The
subsequent change to 4.61 was the typical 'when worse comes to worse'
situation.

Cheers,
U.
0
Ulrich
8/31/2011 10:08:30 PM
In article <op.v0zkiul8mp39z2@news.t-online.de>, ---idw.doc---@t-
online.de says...

> Am 25.08.2011, 22:40 Uhr, schrieb Ulrich G. Kliegis
> <diesemailadressevonUlliistzwaretwaslangabersieisttrotzdemgueltig@kliegis.de>:
>
> > This happened practically synchronously here on two Win7-systems
> > yesterday, one 32 bit home premium, the other 64 bit pro.
> >
> > Pegasus 4.51 /4.61
>
> I have no idea about 4.51 (could it be AV or malware scanner related by
> any chance?), but 4.61 will crash on HTML messages if IE 9 is installed, a
> fix is available at
> <http://community.pmail.com/files/folders/community_add-ons_for_pegasus_mail/entry24145.aspx>.

Thanks for this - it worked for me on 4.61 with Win7
I finally let IE9 install itself last week, should've known better
I hadn't made the connection :-(
For the record I *didn't* have any 0 byte .cnm files to delete

Chris D
--
The Deuchar family.
http://www.Deuchars.org.uk

Pegasus Mail or Pegasus Mail as 'Admin'

PGP Extension for Pegasus Mail 6.2.7.0 [required for Pegasus Mail 4.5] released
Version 6.2.7.0 / 6-2009 (13.06.2009): ATTENTION: This update is required for the extension to work properly = with Pegasus Mail v4.5! The most important change is a new send option ("all in one message") = which may be selected via the entries beginning with "***" in the encryption dialog. Some minor adjustments to PGP 9.7 - 9.10, a new option for displaying the local time on Pegasus Mail's status bar and a way for synchronizing the system time with a timeserver are included as well. Additionally the following bugs have been fixed amongst others: - E...

Can't open Pegasus Mail after a crash
I am a long-time user of Pegasus Mail for Windows, and use version 4.31. I was using Pegasus Mail when it suddenly crashed (I can't remember the details of what I was doing when it crashed). I closed all my applications and shut down Windows. When I restarted and tried to get PMAIL running, it would take several minutes, as usual, preparing to open, only to eventually get a Windows message that PMAIL had to terminate. I tried this several times, including after powering off my computer. How can I get PMAIL to come back up? Thanks! Dilip Oh, I forgot to mention that I run Wi...

Attachments in Pegasus Mail
Hey! I have a problem with attachments in Pegasus mail, which I love. I can't get an attachment to send in any format that anyone can receive. Like, I send a picture, and no matter how I change it, it doesn't ever come through. Am I missing a step here or something? James- wrote: > Hey! I have a problem with attachments in Pegasus mail, which I > love. I can't get an attachment to send in any format that anyone > can receive. Like, I send a picture, and no matter how I change it, > it doesn't ever come through. Am I missing a step here or...

Pegasus Mail Crash
I had a worrying crash today with my Pegasus v4.12a Had to do with a spam email that contained a GIF image. Crashed occurred in TER32.dll. Pegasus completely failed. Anyone else? davep@NOSPAMukonline.co.uk (Dave Philips) wrote: > I had a worrying crash today with my Pegasus v4.12a > > Had to do with a spam email that contained a GIF image. Crashed > occurred in TER32.dll. Pegasus completely failed. > > Anyone else? Not unusual. Some badly formatted HTML makes Pegasus crash. See the last paragraph of this article: <http://kbase.pmail.gen....

Pegasus Mail freezes when sending mail
Hello, We have Pegasus Mail version 4.41 set up on a Windows Network. The programs are run in workstation mode so that they are running the executables off the network. We are using a roaming profile. We have one particular computer that intermittently freezes up when sending mail. This workstation is a Windows XP Professional SP2 machine. The program becomes unresponsive (eternal hourglass), and even manually ending the program from task manager won't work. The person using this workstation tells me it seems to happen more when replying to messsages from a user than when ...

Archiving mail messages outside Pegasus Mail?
I have a message folder in Pmail 4.31 with around 500 mail messages including file attachmentsrelated to a work project that has finished some weeks ago. What would be the best way to archive the messages in the folder? Schould I leave the folder in the folder tree and hope that the Pmail message hierarchy system will not be corrupted, or is there a way to put all the messages, with attachments included, out from Pmail and store them to a CD-ROM, and they can then be restored, if needed, for some reason later? I don't need the folder in the folder tree any longer, but I have to sav...

Archiving mail messages outside Pegasus Mail?
I have a message folder in Pmail 4.31 with around 500 mail messages including file attachmentsrelated to a work project that has finished some weeks ago. What would be the best way to archive the messages in the folder? Schould I leave the folder in the folder tree and hope that the Pmail message hierarchy system will not be corrupted, or is there a way to put all the messages, with attachments included, out from Pmail and store them to a CD-ROM, and they can then be restored, if needed, for some reason later? I don't need the folder in the folder tree any longer, but I have to sav...

Pegasus mail crash on exit
Almost every time I close Pegasus, I get an error. 'WINPM-32 caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL at 018f:bff76843.' I didn't discover a pattern in the occurence of the error, but if I perform following actions rahter quickly, I'm sure I get it: mail check (pop3) message preview program exit. Has someone a solution ? I use pmail 4.21b on W98SE (and had the same problem in 4.21a). Thanks in advance, Peter. > Almost every time I close Pegasus, I get an error. > > 'WINPM-32 caused an invalid page fault in > module KER...

Some mails involves pegasus crash
Hello Some mails with gifs involves Pegasus crash (I don't know the english version of M$ communicate). This, after IMAP problems, seems to be the second BUG in the new Pmail veersion (4.21c at w2k PL). Non of these problems has been reprted for pmail 4.12. Mike Michal <brunowozUSUNTO@o2.pl> wrote: > Some mails with gifs involves Pegasus crash (I don't know the > english version of M$ communicate). This, after IMAP problems, > seems to be the second BUG in the new Pmail veersion (4.21c at > w2k PL). Non of these problems has been reprted for pmail 4.1...

Pegasus Mail Crashes
This may not be the answer to all of the questions here regarding Pegasus Mail and a sudden shutdown in Windows XP (Pro) but here's what I found after two frustrating days. The symptoms were that Pegasus would open normally, load all folders and restore the desktop to the normal condition. Without warning, Pegasus would shut down and when restarted, it acted as if it was shut down abnormally (which I suppose it was). This happened within first few minutes of Pegasus being run and always immediately after checking mail. The solution was to run a program that repairs the WINSOCK...

Pegasus Mail crashes each startup
I have Pegasus Mail ver. 4.21c on a Dell Inspiron laptop with Windows XP Home Edition. I have used Pegasus Mail for the better part of 10 years. Each time I start Pegasus, I *immediately* get the message, "Pegasus Mail for Windows has encountered a problem and needs to close." After searching this newsgroup, I have moved ALL of my new mail (filetype *.CNM) out of the mail directory, and have also renamed HIERARCH.PM so that Pegasus cannot recognize it. I *still* get the error message each time on start-up, and cannot run Pegasus at all. What do I try next? This happe...

Pegasus Mail Messages being filtered by addresseess Mail Systems
Hello, since a couple of months, and more for some addressees, I have experienced a problem: when I send them a message written with Pegasus Mail it is rejected by the target system... but not when I send it with Outlook Express or Mozilla Thunderbird... that whas happening a few years ago and Pegasus Mail drop during a few months its proudily X-Mailer keyword... would it be possible to do it again???, or is there any "back door option" for instructing Pegasus MAil not to sign its messages with this keyword?? Kind regards, ...

Pegasus crashs once unread mail is touced
Hi, since a couple of days PMAIL crashes nearly reproducable once an unread mail (marked as unread) is touched (e.g. attempt to open or to copy to another folder). I really don't have any idea how to fix this problem. Upgrading to the actual Pegasus did not help. Thanks, MH On 26 Jul 2006, "hahn@ira.uka.de" <hahn@ira.uka.de> wrote in news:1153956369.237834.200980@s13g2000cwa.googlegroups.com: > since a couple of days PMAIL crashes nearly reproducable once an > unread mail (marked as unread) is touched (e.g. attempt to open or > to copy to an...

Web resources about - Out of the blue: Pegasus crashes when opening mails with attachments - comp.pegasus-mail.windows

Attachment in adults - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Attachment in adults deals with the theory of attachment in adult romantic relationships. Attachment theory was extended to adult romantic relationships ...

Facebook Allowing Page Admins To ‘Refresh Share Attachment?’
Facebook appears to have given page administrators the option of refreshing links that they share in posts on their pages . continued... New ...

Chronik-Fotos - Mama Bean - Unconditional Attachment - Facebook
Graphic design students at the University of North Texas asked this inspiring mama, Monica, to be the face of their ad campaign. The campaign ...

New Facebook Messages Only Provides an Online Attachment Viewing Feature for Microsoft Docs
In another move highlighting Facebook’s strategic relationship with investor Microsoft, the company has given the established office software ...

Documents.me - Documents from remote PC, MAC, Gmail attachments, Google Drive & Dropbox Docsync for iPad ...
Get Documents.me - Documents from remote PC, MAC, Gmail attachments, Google Drive & Dropbox Docsync on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, ...

A bullet attachment that could save lives? - YouTube
It looks like a toy attachment for a gun, but this new device is intended to give suspects a chance to live if shot. CNN's Sara Sidner reports. ...

Invention of the Day: New ‘Alternative’ Gun Attachment May Prevent Shooting Deaths
The Ferguson Police Department is testing out a new device which they think might help prevent unnecessary shooting deaths. “The Alternative” ...

100th anniversary of Anzac landings brings home strong attachments
The commemoration of the 100th anniversary of the Anzac landings draws our attention to events that so many of us have a strong attachment to. ...

iPhones - Is Our Attachment To Smartphones A Bad Thing?
They cater to our basic human hunger for connection, so is our attachment to mobiles such a bad thing?

Apple not encrypting email attachments in iOS 7, security researcher claims
Apple's Mail app in iOS 7 is failing to encrypt email attachments, leaving user data vulnerable to hackers, a security researcher claims.