PDF attachments not comign through properly

I have often sent PDF files as attachments in Pegasus with no problems, but
one I sent today would not open, and when it arrived, it was listed as a text
file.

Has anyone else had similar problems?

--
Steve Hayes from Tshwane, South Africa
Web:  http://hayesfam.bravehost.com/stevesig.htm

From: "Steve Hayes" <hayesstw@telkomsa.net>

> I have often sent PDF files as attachments in Pegasus with no problems, but
> one I sent today would not open, and when it arrived, it was listed as a text
> file.
>
> Has anyone else had similar problems?

Nope and I send numerous PDF files.
However, I will always change the FileType to; Acrobat  at the time the file is attached.

--
Dave
http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

0
David
10/14/2011 5:24:24 PM
David H. Lipman wrote:

> I will always change the FileType to; Acrobat
> at the time the file is attached.

Add line like:

 Acrobat,1,X,0,.PDF,S,1,PDF

to filetype.pm and Pmail will do automatically.
(See Help/Manual for details)
0
Guy
10/14/2011 6:04:15 PM
From: "Guy" <Use-Reply-To-Address-Header@[127.1]>

> David H. Lipman wrote:
>
>> I will always change the FileType to; Acrobat
>> at the time the file is attached.
>>

> Add line like:
>
>  Acrobat,1,X,0,.PDF,S,1,PDF
>
> to filetype.pm and Pmail will do automatically.
> (See Help/Manual for details)

Guy - Thanx !  ;-)

--
Dave
http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

0
David
10/14/2011 6:48:55 PM
On Fri, 14 Oct 2011 13:04:15 -0500, Guy <Use-Reply-To-Address-Header@[127.1]>
wrote:

>David H. Lipman wrote:
>
>> I will always change the FileType to; Acrobat
>> at the time the file is attached.
>>

>Add line like:
>
> Acrobat,1,X,0,.PDF,S,1,PDF
>
>to filetype.pm and Pmail will do automatically.
>(See Help/Manual for details)

That sounds useful,

--
Steve Hayes from Tshwane, South Africa
Web:  http://hayesfam.bravehost.com/stevesig.htm
Blog: http://methodius.blogspot.com
Steve
10/15/2011 4:01:47 AM
wrote:

>David H. Lipman wrote:
>
>> I will always change the FileType to; Acrobat
>> at the time the file is attached.
>>

>Add line like:
>
> Acrobat,1,X,0,.PDF,S,1,PDF
>
>to filetype.pm and Pmail will do automatically.
>(See Help/Manual for details)

That seemed to work.

I also noticed that the file name had a lot of spaces in it, and I was going
to try renaming the file, but your suggestion worked just fine, at least when
sending to Gmail.

--
Steve Hayes from Tshwane, South Africa
Web:  http://hayesfam.bravehost.com/stevesig.htm
Blog: http://methodius.blogspot.com
Steve

Pegasus mail on windows 2000 doesn't start properly after reinstall
Hi there, I run windows 2000. Pegasus Mail was having weird problems with the signatures (They would appear empty in the edit window, and new signatures wouldn't show up under the messages) since an earlyer upgrade. So, I tried reinstalling Pegasus from a fresh download. Since then the program doesn't start up properly. It asks for a username and then starts to load, but after it starts opening the new mail folder it seems to hang. I tried giving it some time but after a few hours it's still not loading. Another thing I did prioor to reinstalling was enabling the spa...

mail() and pdf attachment
I am trying to send a pdf file as an attachment with the mail() function. Unfortunately, the pdf file does not show up as an attachment. I get its coding as text along with this: MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="==Multipart_Boundary_x893cd7b85e299baba9cd7ab913384411x" --==Multipart_Boundary_x893cd7b85e299baba9cd7ab913384411x Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit this is the message --==Multipart_Boundary_x893cd7b85e299baba9cd7ab913384411x Content-Type: application/pdf; name="Test file for jmail.pdf" Cont...

PDF Mail Attachments
I am creating emails in PDF format which contain Paradox9 reports. At present I am creating 2 seperate emails each with 1 report attached, therefore 2 emails are being sent. I am using the following syntax: var stockRep Report stockrep1 Report erep ReportPrintInfo erep1 ReportPrintInfo endvar erep.name = ":belSaleR:PDFRep1" erep1.name = ":belSaleR:PDFRep2" stockrep.print(ERep) stockrep1.print(ERep1) I want to be able to attach both reports to the one email and therefore send one mail onl...

Attachments in Pegasus Mail
Hey! I have a problem with attachments in Pegasus mail, which I love. I can't get an attachment to send in any format that anyone can receive. Like, I send a picture, and no matter how I change it, it doesn't ever come through. Am I missing a step here or something? James- wrote: > Hey! I have a problem with attachments in Pegasus mail, which I > love. I can't get an attachment to send in any format that anyone > can receive. Like, I send a picture, and no matter how I change it, > it doesn't ever come through. Am I missing a step here or...

Pegasus Mail or Pegasus Mail as 'Admin'

ActionMailer PDF attachment and Windows
I've been struggling for a couple of days down with trying to attach a pdf file to an email using ActionMailer on Windows. All the examples on the web I could find instructed me to use ":body => File.read (<filename>)" to do the attachment. The attached file was always corrupt. I attempted to simply copy the file using File.read (<filename>), and the copy too yielded a truncated file. What just now worked for me was a different body syntax. What works is the following: ":body => File.new(fattach,'rb').read()". I don't exactl...

Internet mail with PDF attachments not routing
I've noticed on a number of occasions messages sitting in the mail.box on our Internet gateway server that have PDF attachments. The router is showing the message "Last error: SMTP Client session not connected". I've seen various other instances of this reported but no answers. Without the PDF attachment mail is delivered to the intended recipient. Left in the queue the messages can cause other mail to backup behind them. Server is Domino 6.5.4 Any thoughts? ...

Set up of Pegasus Mail for Windows-Intranet
Hello, I am trying to set up Pegasus Mail for Windows on a MS Windows based network. The "server" machine or machine used to store the messages is on a Win98SE box. I ama bit confused in the setup of this system and have the following questions. 1. I have set up the Pegasus Mail on the "server" PC with no problems. It starts asking about SMTP and POP3 server. Do I need these? 2. Do I need Mercury? I am setting up a simply email system inhouse with about 5 or 6 users. There is and should be no connection to the outside Internet world through this email sys...

Configuring windows withiin Pegasus Mail
On Pegasus Mail 4.12a (version of Jun 19 2003) on Windows 2000 Pro, I used to get 3 windows: - list of messages in New Mail folder - list of folders - window onto whatever message was selected in first window Now I only get first two windows. If I unselect save desktop in Tools>Options>Basic Settings then I only get the first window (although ctrl-L gets me the second) and if I select it I get the first two (provided they were showing on my last session). How do I get all three and have them show up when I enter Pegasus? On 22 Dec 2003 08:30:49 -0800, ggrothendieck@v...

Pegasus Mail and Windows administrator privileges
Hi Group I have used Pegasus Mail under Win98 since several years and I'm happy with it. Now I have a new WinXP machine and want to reinstall. I have the following problem: I tried Pegasus v421c. It seems it only works if the user has the Windows administrator privileges (XP Home Edition SP2). Is this the normal behavior ? I am quite surprised with this. Thanks a lot. I am running WinPmail 4.21 with restricted user privileges on Windows 2000 and as a main user with Windows XP Pro without having any problems and changing any settings. I think, it would be most important,...

Windows Live SMTP access with Pegasus Mail
As of today, Windows Live Hotmail allows free Hotmail account access via SMTP. The server information is: smtp.live.com:587 The MS clients (Outlook (prior to 2007), Outlook Express, Windows Mail, and Windows Live Mail) reportedly work by setting the client to use SSL. I have tested this with MS Outlook Express 6, and it works. MS Outlook 2007 reportedly works using TLS. I have not tested this, because I don't have a copy of MS Outlook 2007. Mozilla Thunderbird 2.0.0.19, and SeaMonkey 1.1.14 both also work, using TLS. However, setting 'smtp.live.com:587' with START...

Sending Attachments to Windows Users from Mail.app
I am having problems sending attachments to (some) Windows users from Mail.app. Usually the attachments are images, so let's restrict the discussion to them. Most people I send messages with image attachments to have no trouble. But occasionally someone says "There are no attachments" (so why is a message with only 3 lines of text 8.6 MB?). Other people can see the images, but they tell me things like (I'm copying and pasting from a message I just received) "Please send these to me at attachments rather in the body of the e-mail." Not only are...

PDF PDF PDF
For anyone struggling to figure out how to create a PDF in SWX it's pretty simple but you may have to have the Bluebeam version of swx FIRST go to Tools>Options and check "Save as PDF" Then you can save them right from the save as dialog. Maybe I'm the only dumbass that could't figure that out! ;0) But it was in help under "PDF" An easier way is to download a program from www.pdf995.com that "prints" you files to a PDF foramat. This program works with SW and any other program you use to print with. "3d" <jmiller at marvelindustri...

Out of the blue: Pegasus crashes when opening mails with attachments
This happened practically synchronously here on two Win7-systems yesterday, one 32 bit home premium, the other 64 bit pro. Pegasus 4.51 /4.61 Both run on D: in \root\PMAIL Both had a 0kB sized cnm file dated yesterday afternoon (same name) in their mail folders which I purged (the 0kB-files). Both show the behaviour now that Pegasus crashes whenever certain mails with attachments are opened. This applies also to older messages. Other messages, all without attachments, and some with attachments, can be opened normally. The crash-mails could be opened before without any prob...

Web resources about - PDF attachments not comign through properly - comp.pegasus-mail.windows

Attachment in adults - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Attachment in adults deals with the theory of attachment in adult romantic relationships. Attachment theory was extended to adult romantic relationships ...

Facebook Allowing Page Admins To ‘Refresh Share Attachment?’
Facebook appears to have given page administrators the option of refreshing links that they share in posts on their pages . continued... New ...

Chronik-Fotos - Mama Bean - Unconditional Attachment - Facebook
Graphic design students at the University of North Texas asked this inspiring mama, Monica, to be the face of their ad campaign. The campaign ...

New Facebook Messages Only Provides an Online Attachment Viewing Feature for Microsoft Docs
In another move highlighting Facebook’s strategic relationship with investor Microsoft, the company has given the established office software ...

Documents.me - Documents from remote PC, MAC, Gmail attachments, Google Drive & Dropbox Docsync for iPad ...
Get Documents.me - Documents from remote PC, MAC, Gmail attachments, Google Drive & Dropbox Docsync on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, ...

A bullet attachment that could save lives? - YouTube
It looks like a toy attachment for a gun, but this new device is intended to give suspects a chance to live if shot. CNN's Sara Sidner reports. ...

Invention of the Day: New ‘Alternative’ Gun Attachment May Prevent Shooting Deaths
The Ferguson Police Department is testing out a new device which they think might help prevent unnecessary shooting deaths. “The Alternative” ...

100th anniversary of Anzac landings brings home strong attachments
The commemoration of the 100th anniversary of the Anzac landings draws our attention to events that so many of us have a strong attachment to. ...

iPhones - Is Our Attachment To Smartphones A Bad Thing?
They cater to our basic human hunger for connection, so is our attachment to mobiles such a bad thing?

Apple not encrypting email attachments in iOS 7, security researcher claims
Apple's Mail app in iOS 7 is failing to encrypt email attachments, leaving user data vulnerable to hackers, a security researcher claims.