Pegasus crashes when sending or loading email

Hallo allemaal,

Pegasus on my wifes computer crashes quite often under two
circumstances:
1 - just after when she has sent an email to the world
2 - when asking Pegasus to check the email server

This started about half a year ago. Then she ran XP Pro on a 3 GHz IBM
with 2 GB of RAM. For various reasons I upgraded the PC to Windows
7-32. I didn't install Pegasus, I just started it up from the copy. In
fact I have done that myself since I installed Pegasus about 12 years
ago ???
But still the same trouble. Lately I installed 4.62 and still no
improvement. After an error message about an index and re-indexing all
mail folders, things improved a bit IMHO. After restarting Pegasus, it
runs fine for the rest of the session.

I don't mind installing Pegasus from scratch but what about the
existing folders?

I'm looking forward to a good advice, thank you very much in advance!

Groetjes, Ruud Baltissen
www.Baltissen.org
0
Ruud

Am 31.10.2011, 15:57 Uhr, schrieb Ruud <ruud.baltissen@gmail.com>:

Your questions have most probably been answered on the community forums,
specifically:

Windows 7 and migration issues:
<http://community.pmail.com/forums/post/25552.aspx>.

Crashes, hangs and freezes:
<http://community.pmail.com/forums/thread/31478.aspx>.

					Michael

--
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
PGP Plugin for Pegasus Mail: <http://www.pmpgp.de/pmpgp/>

> <http://community.pmail.com/forums/post/25552.aspx>. .....

Thank you for your answer! Didn't know this forum existed. But being a
very happy user of Pegasus, I never had any reason to ask/look for
help.

Groetjes, Ruud Baltissen
www.Baltissen.org
0
Ruud
11/12/2011 7:48:14 AM
Hallo Michael,

Just an update: no more crashes or whatever went wrong. Many thanks!

MfG, Ruud
0
Ruud
11/22/2011 7:56:39 PM
Am 22.11.2011, 20:56 Uhr, schrieb Ruud Baltissen <rbaltissen@gmail.com>:

> Hallo Michael,
>
> Just an update: no more crashes or whatever went wrong. Many thanks!

Good news, thanks for reporting back.

					Michael

--
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
PGP Plugin for Pegasus Mail: <http://www.pmpgp.de/pmpgp/>
S/MIME Fingerprint: 26 5c a3 60 02 c6 e3 8a 75 70 d5 6a 67 ff d3 8d b0 b5
5e 5b
0
Michael

Pegasus Crashes After Sending Email
I have the newest version of pegasus and noticed that it has a tendency to crash after sending email. Anyone else having this problem? Alan Fried <albe@bellatlantic.net> wrote: > I have the newest version of pegasus and noticed that > it has a tendency to crash after sending email. > > Anyone else having this problem? If you have an anti-virus program set to scan outgoing mail, disable it, and see if that makes any difference. If that doesn't help, and you have a firewall, try disabling the firewall temporarily. Something else to check: Make sure ...

Pegasus Mail or Pegasus Mail as 'Admin'

Pegasus Mail freezes when sending mail
Hello, We have Pegasus Mail version 4.41 set up on a Windows Network. The programs are run in workstation mode so that they are running the executables off the network. We are using a roaming profile. We have one particular computer that intermittently freezes up when sending mail. This workstation is a Windows XP Professional SP2 machine. The program becomes unresponsive (eternal hourglass), and even manually ending the program from task manager won't work. The person using this workstation tells me it seems to happen more when replying to messsages from a user than when ...

New version 4.2.1a of Pegasus Mail crashes when I send to a distribution list
I have a modest-sized distribution list of a few hundred, and I've been able to successfully send email till I upgraded 4.1.2a to 4.2.1a a week or so ago (I'm using Windows XP). I did have a few bcc: listed but that has worked before. When I reboot and bring Pegasus up again, I see my email with just an address and signature line but no body. I saw a similar issue posted here and one solution was to remove the reply-to address. I can try that (do I have to reboot to ensure that when Pegasus comes up, no data is lost??); but if that is the solution, when will there be a fix ...

Pegasus Mail Crash
I had a worrying crash today with my Pegasus v4.12a Had to do with a spam email that contained a GIF image. Crashed occurred in TER32.dll. Pegasus completely failed. Anyone else? davep@NOSPAMukonline.co.uk (Dave Philips) wrote: > I had a worrying crash today with my Pegasus v4.12a > > Had to do with a spam email that contained a GIF image. Crashed > occurred in TER32.dll. Pegasus completely failed. > > Anyone else? Not unusual. Some badly formatted HTML makes Pegasus crash. See the last paragraph of this article: <http://kbase.pmail.gen....

PGP Extension for Pegasus Mail 6.2.7.0 [required for Pegasus Mail 4.5] released
Version 6.2.7.0 / 6-2009 (13.06.2009): ATTENTION: This update is required for the extension to work properly = with Pegasus Mail v4.5! The most important change is a new send option ("all in one message") = which may be selected via the entries beginning with "***" in the encryption dialog. Some minor adjustments to PGP 9.7 - 9.10, a new option for displaying the local time on Pegasus Mail's status bar and a way for synchronizing the system time with a timeserver are included as well. Additionally the following bugs have been fixed amongst others: - E...

Worm in an email crashes Pegasus!!!
An idiot friend sent me a message which he said contained a worm. He also said that NAV had failed to catch it. I am running the latest NAV and don't know whether it is aware of it. Whenever I touch this email in Pegasus v4 it gives a message like "Too many lines" and Peg closes. Anyone know how to delete this file? TIA Rua > Whenever I touch this email in Pegasus v4 it gives a message like "Too many > lines" and Peg closes. Open Windows explorer and find the offending email in your mail box and delete it manually -- ---------...

Pegasus mail crash on exit
Almost every time I close Pegasus, I get an error. 'WINPM-32 caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL at 018f:bff76843.' I didn't discover a pattern in the occurence of the error, but if I perform following actions rahter quickly, I'm sure I get it: mail check (pop3) message preview program exit. Has someone a solution ? I use pmail 4.21b on W98SE (and had the same problem in 4.21a). Thanks in advance, Peter. > Almost every time I close Pegasus, I get an error. > > 'WINPM-32 caused an invalid page fault in > module KER...

Phishing emails crash Pegasus
Hi, Anyone else had this? Emails from "Natwest bank" and "Lloyds TSB" crash pegasus (XP Pro, fully patched) with an error message "Gif File Read aborted". Chris Webb Sorry, Should have looked 6 messages down before posting! Chris "Chris Webb" <c.webbNO@SPAMdotpra.org.uk> wrote in message news:c8v996$r3q$1$830fa79d@news.demon.co.uk... > Hi, > Anyone else had this? Emails from "Natwest bank" and "Lloyds TSB" crash > pegasus (XP Pro, fully patched) with an error message "Gif File Read > ...

Pegasus Mail Crashes
This may not be the answer to all of the questions here regarding Pegasus Mail and a sudden shutdown in Windows XP (Pro) but here's what I found after two frustrating days. The symptoms were that Pegasus would open normally, load all folders and restore the desktop to the normal condition. Without warning, Pegasus would shut down and when restarted, it acted as if it was shut down abnormally (which I suppose it was). This happened within first few minutes of Pegasus being run and always immediately after checking mail. The solution was to run a program that repairs the WINSOCK...

Pegasus Mail crashes each startup
I have Pegasus Mail ver. 4.21c on a Dell Inspiron laptop with Windows XP Home Edition. I have used Pegasus Mail for the better part of 10 years. Each time I start Pegasus, I *immediately* get the message, "Pegasus Mail for Windows has encountered a problem and needs to close." After searching this newsgroup, I have moved ALL of my new mail (filetype *.CNM) out of the mail directory, and have also renamed HIERARCH.PM so that Pegasus cannot recognize it. I *still* get the error message each time on start-up, and cannot run Pegasus at all. What do I try next? This happe...

Pegasus Mail sending problem
I have a strange problem. I run a three workstation peer-to-peer network. One PC is wirelsss, one is connected direct to the router, one is connected to the router via an ethernet-over-power link which provides a good Internet connection. The last of these had a fault that I had to resolve by re-installing windows, and then Pegasus Mail. All three machines use the same mailbox, physically located on the machine that is directly connected to the router. The path to the mailbox has been set as a network path on the two other PCs, and this works fine. Mercury is not installed. The prob...

Pegasus crashes when sending attachment
Pegasus crashes when trying to send an attachment, not always, but quite often. I get a "blue screen of death" with memory dump (in W2K!!!) or a black screen. The same problem occurred accasionally in v. 4.21. I am under the impression that it happens more often now though. I'll have to dump Pegasus if there is no solution, it's that serious. S.O. Meone Hello! "S.O. Meone" <name-nr569894@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:fl9iq1t60774m7aijfd9hcb2svlhlmg1cj@4ax.com... > Pegasus crashes when trying to send an attachment, not always, but > qu...

Some mails involves pegasus crash
Hello Some mails with gifs involves Pegasus crash (I don't know the english version of M$ communicate). This, after IMAP problems, seems to be the second BUG in the new Pmail veersion (4.21c at w2k PL). Non of these problems has been reprted for pmail 4.12. Mike Michal <brunowozUSUNTO@o2.pl> wrote: > Some mails with gifs involves Pegasus crash (I don't know the > english version of M$ communicate). This, after IMAP problems, > seems to be the second BUG in the new Pmail veersion (4.21c at > w2k PL). Non of these problems has been reprted for pmail 4.1...

Web resources about - Pegasus crashes when sending or loading email - comp.pegasus-mail.windows

Pegasus (rocket) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... Three main stages burning solid propellant provide the thrust. It flies as a rocket-powered aircraft before leaving the atmosphere. The Pegasus ...

Pegasus (@pegasustreet) on Twitter

Pegasus In The Rough - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
The #3 KC-46 out in the fuel dock and receiving more work for the flight test program before she takes flight. ©2014 Paul Carter All Rights Reserved ...

ASUS Pegasus X002 teaser - YouTube
More China phones, tablet and other gadgets news and review, please visit: http://www.gizmochina.com Follow us Facebook: https://www.faceboo ...

Canberra's Pegasus riding school hopes tack sale will help troubled finances
Canberra's much loved disabled riding school is holding its first ever tack and&nbsp;treasure fundraiser as it faces looming financial uncertainties. ...

The Complex Identity of the Archetypal Hero: A Fictional Treatise with Unicorn Pegasus Kittens
... John Scalzi announced a contest for stories describing this image , which shows ex-Star-Trek star Wil Wheaton riding a winged unicorn pegasus ...

ASUS unveils the Pegasus 2 Plus smartphone – 5.5-inch display, 3GB of RAM, 13MP camera
ASUS on Saturday announced a new smartphone called the Pegasus 2 Plus X550, which brings some decent specifications to the table for what will ...

modern combat 2: black pegasus Articles - AppAdvice iPhone/iPad News
Latest modern combat 2: black pegasus Articles - AppAdvice iPhone/iPad News

Free Download Asphalt 6 Adrenaline and Modern Combat 2 Black Pegasus
Free Download Asphalt 6 Adrenaline and Modern Combat 2 Black Pegasus BerryReview Not so much with Robert Scoble in particular, but with Silicon ...

Pegasus Warning releasing EP, playing NYC tonight
by Andrew Sacher Pegasus Warning at Brooklyn Bowl in October (more by Sarah Gainer) Pegasus Warning (aka NYC musician Guillermo E. Brown) is ...