pegasus doesn't display full mail subject in message list

Hello,

For some reason Pegasus will not display full mail subjects in the message
list if they're more than a few words long. For example, if I get a message
with the subject

"eBay Item Purchase: Bach 42BO Trombone! Great Shape! (Item #XXXXXXXX)"

the subject is displayed in the message list as

"eBay Item Purchase: Bach 42BO Trom"

Is there a limit to how many characters Pegasus can display for the subject?

0
Monkey

In article <rB8jd.3984337$ic1.391194@news.easynews.com>, Monkey a@a.comsays...
> Hello,
>
> For some reason Pegasus will not display full mail subjects in the message
> list if they're more than a few words long. For example, if I get a message
> with the subject
>
> "eBay Item Purchase: Bach 42BO Trombone! Great Shape! (Item #XXXXXXXX)"
>
> the subject is displayed in the message list as
>
> "eBay Item Purchase: Bach 42BO Trom"
>
> Is there a limit to how many characters Pegasus can display for the subject?

Yes,  I just don't recall the exact limit.  It will display more than you
indicate above.  In Pegasus Mail v4.21c, I could get it to display

"eBay Item Purchase: Bach 42BO Trombone! Great Sha"

That is what shows when I copied and pasted your full subject WITHOUT the
quotation marks and sent the message to myself locally.  When the message is
opened, of course the full subject is displayed in the Message Reader.

I had to resize and drag the subject field in the New Message Folder listing in
order to see that much.

--
                                          John Gray

If you don't have a reason, at least have an excuse.

Just in case there's any doubt, my email address is useless.  Please reply to
this newsgroup.
0
John

Pegasus Mail or Pegasus Mail as 'Admin'

Mail merge doesn't mail and/or doesn't merge
Mail merge doesn't mail and/or doesn't merge With me at least it doesn't. We are getting too many false positives on our bcc-mailing lists, so I decided to give the mail merge feature in PM 4.41 a go. The goal was to simultaneously send messages addressed to multiple recipients. I made a csv file containing nine of my own addresses in a column called ~kemail~, made this the data file, checked the box for the first field to be the fieldname and sent the email with the string ~kemail~ in the address box. I also attached a pdf file. PM reported a successful transaction, b...

Pegasus mail on windows 2000 doesn't start properly after reinstall
Hi there, I run windows 2000. Pegasus Mail was having weird problems with the signatures (They would appear empty in the edit window, and new signatures wouldn't show up under the messages) since an earlyer upgrade. So, I tried reinstalling Pegasus from a fresh download. Since then the program doesn't start up properly. It asks for a username and then starts to load, but after it starts opening the new mail folder it seems to hang. I tried giving it some time but after a few hours it's still not loading. Another thing I did prioor to reinstalling was enabling the spa...

Mail doesn't import Mail messages from another machine
Hi, My friend just got a new G5 (I'm jealous) and would like to import all the mail messages on his old G4 (he has moved them all to an external hard drive for safe keeping). We tried the Tiger Mail>Import scheme and imported from the external hard drive. The Import routine imported all his Mail folders but they're all empty. Is there a way to get this to work correctly? Any help appreciated. r. In article <rb28-E04B37.13013529092005@corp.supernews.com>, "RobertB." <rb28@nyu.edu> wrote: > Hi, > > My friend just got a new G5 (I'm jeal...

HTML mail won't display correctly in Pegasus
I've received this HTML mail, but can't see the HTML in Pegasus (4.41), only the picture attachement at the bottom. If I right click the message and select "Open message in web browser" nothing happens. Is it Pegasus, or is the code in the content header(s) wrongly formatted, or what? In case of the latter, I want to notify the sender and tell them what's wrong, as they are writing their own software. The code inside <html></html> displays fine in IE7 btw, if I copy it to a .html file and open it. ----=461A54ACCCBB4CB8856D_45FB_6055_FABE Con...

Pegasus mail doesn't show the right time
Today my computer automatically made the time adjustment. However, emails I get from Pegasus show the previous time. For example, an email I got at 9 AM, is shown as if it has been received at 10 AM. With Outlook Express there's no time issue. How do I make Pegasus realize we've just changed the time??? On 31 Oct 2004 10:10:29 -0800, Hafaka wrote: > How do I make Pegasus > realize we've just changed the time??? Tools > Options > General settings > Advanced settings > SMTP time zone > [x] Auto gregor ...

Newbie: Pegasus doesn't see Mercury downloaded mail
HI: Downloaded and installed Mercury 4.01 for Win32. Intent is to use it as a gateway for home network (2 computers) and spam filter. After a successful install (I think), the progress windows show that email I send to myself (out to my public email address via my ISPs SMTP, then back via POP3) seems to work in that I see an outgoing message go out, and then another one come in but I don't see it in Pegasus as if it wasn't going to my Mail folder. However, couple of other things that may be related. 1) Pegasus now asks me for my user name whereas it didn't before. ...

Re: HTML mail won't display correctly in Pegasus
I gave the html to Bearhtml to display, and I got a working page displayed, see attached. I suspect that the message structure is corrupted somehow. Please send me (irelam@telus.net) a copy of the original message and I will check it out Martin ============ On 23 Jul 2008 at 20:51, Rado wrote: > > > I've received this HTML mail, but can't see the HTML in Pegasus > (4.41), only the picture attachement (see bottom of this post). If I > right click the message and select "Open message in web browser" > nothing happens. Is it Pegasus, or is t...

HTML mail won't display correctly in Pegasus #3
I've received this HTML mail, but can't see the HTML in Pegasus (4.41), only the picture attachement (see bottom of this post). If I right click the message and select "Open message in web browser" nothing happens. Is it Pegasus, or is the code in the content header(s) wrongly formatted, or what? In case of the latter, I want to notify the sender and tell them what's wrong, as they are writing their own software. The code inside <html></html> displays fine in IE7 btw, if I copy it to a .html file and open it. ----=461A54ACCCBB4CB8856D_45FB_6...

HTML mail won't display correctly in Pegasus #2
I've received this HTML mail, but can't see the HTML in Pegasus (4.41), only the picture attachement at the bottom. If I right click the message and select "Open message in web browser" nothing happens. Is it Pegasus, or is the code in the content header(s) wrongly formatted, or what? In case of the latter, I want to notify the sender and tell them what's wrong, as they are writing their own software. The code inside <html></html> displays fine in IE7 btw, if I copy it to a .html file and open it. ----=461A54ACCCBB4CB8856D_45FB_6055_FABE Con...

Archiving mail messages outside Pegasus Mail?
I have a message folder in Pmail 4.31 with around 500 mail messages including file attachmentsrelated to a work project that has finished some weeks ago. What would be the best way to archive the messages in the folder? Schould I leave the folder in the folder tree and hope that the Pmail message hierarchy system will not be corrupted, or is there a way to put all the messages, with attachments included, out from Pmail and store them to a CD-ROM, and they can then be restored, if needed, for some reason later? I don't need the folder in the folder tree any longer, but I have to sav...

Archiving mail messages outside Pegasus Mail?
I have a message folder in Pmail 4.31 with around 500 mail messages including file attachmentsrelated to a work project that has finished some weeks ago. What would be the best way to archive the messages in the folder? Schould I leave the folder in the folder tree and hope that the Pmail message hierarchy system will not be corrupted, or is there a way to put all the messages, with attachments included, out from Pmail and store them to a CD-ROM, and they can then be restored, if needed, for some reason later? I don't need the folder in the folder tree any longer, but I have to sav...

Pegasus Mail Messages being filtered by addresseess Mail Systems
Hello, since a couple of months, and more for some addressees, I have experienced a problem: when I send them a message written with Pegasus Mail it is rejected by the target system... but not when I send it with Outlook Express or Mozilla Thunderbird... that whas happening a few years ago and Pegasus Mail drop during a few months its proudily X-Mailer keyword... would it be possible to do it again???, or is there any "back door option" for instructing Pegasus MAil not to sign its messages with this keyword?? Kind regards, ...

Mail doesn't store sent mail
Hey, I'm using an IMAP account to read mails with Mail. I've selected "store sent messages on the server" in the preferences. If I select the "Sent" mailbox and check "Mailbox>Use this mailbox for" all the choices are disabled. Mail doesn't store the messages in the sent mailbox. I can't figure out what's wrong, any ideas? Nico In article <nospam-F4B51C.08571507042006@nyytiset.pp.htv.fi>, nico <nospam@nospam.com> wrote: > Hey, > > I'm using an IMAP account to read mails with Mail. I've selected "st...

Web resources about - pegasus doesn't display full mail subject in message list - comp.pegasus-mail.windows