Pegasus IMAP problem

OK. I've been using Pegasus since, geez 1994???. I've never experienced
this problem and can't seem to narrow it down.

I ONLY use IMAP. I don't use POP3 at all.

When I connect to my email provider with Thunderbird via IMAP, it works
fine.

Until about a month ago, Pegasus (4.12c) would connect fine too.

I've tried this on 2 different Windows 2000 systems. One is completely
fresh (both Windows and Pegasus are virgin (clean)). Both have had all
of the Windows updates done to them.

It turns out that Pegasus says an error was returned by the server when
in fact that wasn't the case.

Here's the error message:
---
Error reported by IMAP Server.

Profile 'MyMAIL'

The IMAP server that manages this mailbox or folder has reported an
error during the operation you have attempted to perform.

The operation cannot be completed.
---

Here's the debug info (I tried twice). The server name, username and
password have been modified to protect the innocent ;) :

--- Thu, 01 Sep 2005 23:29:38 ---
Connect to 'my mail server' port 143, timeout 30.
23:29:38.750 [*] Connection established to 66.152.97.41
23:29:38.750 >> 0055 * OK my mail server IMAP4rev1 v12.250 server
ready\0D\0A
23:29:38.750 << 0029 A1 LOGIN "username" "password"\0D\0A
23:29:38.296 >> 0023 A1 OK LOGIN completed\0D\0A
23:29:38.296 << 0015 A2 LIST "" ""\0D\0A
23:29:38.546 >> 0022 A2 OK LIST completed\0D\0A
23:29:38.546 << 0011 A2 LOGOUT\0D\0A
23:29:39.640 >> 0065 * BYE my mail server IMAP4rev1 server terminating
connection\0D\0A
23:29:39.640 >> 0024 A2 OK LOGOUT completed\0D\0A
23:29:39.640 --- Connection closed normally at Thu, 01 Sep 2005
23:29:39. ---\0A\0A

--- Thu, 01 Sep 2005 23:32:38 ---
Connect to 'my mail server' port 143, timeout 30.
23:32:39.015 [*] Connection established to 66.152.97.41
23:32:39.015 >> 0055 * OK my mail server IMAP4rev1 v12.250 server
ready\0D\0A
23:32:39.015 << 0029 A1 LOGIN "username" "password"\0D\0A
23:32:39.531 >> 0023 A1 OK LOGIN completed\0D\0A
23:32:39.531 << 0015 A2 LIST "" ""\0D\0A
23:32:40.078 >> 0022 A2 OK LIST completed\0D\0A
23:32:40.078 << 0011 A2 LOGOUT\0D\0A
23:32:40.593 >> 0065 * BYE my mail server IMAP4rev1 server terminating
connection\0D\0A
23:32:40.593 >> 0024 A2 OK LOGOUT completed\0D\0A
23:32:40.593 --- Connection closed normally at Thu, 01 Sep 2005
23:32:40. ---\0A\0A

---

I don't see any error message from the server but I do see LIST "" ""
which is from Pegasus.
I also suspect one of the Micro$oft Windows updates (not sure which one
but it never happened before so they are suspect).

ANY help would be appreciated.

Cheers.
0
Joe

Pegasus Mail or Pegasus Mail as 'Admin'

problem Pegasus + K9 (Pegasus bug?)
Based upon some of the recent posts in this newsgroup (comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows) extolling the virtues of various spam filters, I recently installed K9. It seems to be doing a good job of filtering about 95% of the spam after 9 days on the job. However, I just became aware of a problem that is resulting in some of my *outgoing* emails being rejected by various servers: K9 is configured by changing your email program POP3 (i.e., incoming mail) account setting to talk to the K9 proxy server instead of the mail server. This is done by changing the email program's POP3 ser...

Pegasus Mail Problem
Problem: When I click on OPEN of any email or NEW MESSAGE, it takes over 30 seconds to open the window to view or create an email. I'm using version 4.21c but this problem also occurred with 4.12. Downloading and uploading functions are quick. These functions behave normally. I am using PMail on a new laptop with a wireless connection. One thing that I noticed was that whenever I open or create a new message, there is wireless traffic that is taking place. Once that traffic stops, the window will open for reading or editing. The traffic is definitely related to these...

PGP Extension for Pegasus Mail 6.2.7.0 [required for Pegasus Mail 4.5] released
Version 6.2.7.0 / 6-2009 (13.06.2009): ATTENTION: This update is required for the extension to work properly = with Pegasus Mail v4.5! The most important change is a new send option ("all in one message") = which may be selected via the entries beginning with "***" in the encryption dialog. Some minor adjustments to PGP 9.7 - 9.10, a new option for displaying the local time on Pegasus Mail's status bar and a way for synchronizing the system time with a timeserver are included as well. Additionally the following bugs have been fixed amongst others: - E...

Pegasus Mail with Exchange problems
Under the illusion of progress (read "we can't get support for it"!), we have decided to shift from running Pegasus Mail (v4.12a) with Mercury on our Windows network to running it with Exchange. The initial problem we've encountered is that whilst the Pegasus Mail Internet Options have been changed accordingly (repointing to the new Exchange server) somehow the SMTP settings aren't kicking in and (weirdly) all outbound e-mail still seems to be going through Mercury on the old server. POP3 incoming seems fine. Anyone got any suggestions or experience in this? (...

Pegasus Mail sending problem
I have a strange problem. I run a three workstation peer-to-peer network. One PC is wirelsss, one is connected direct to the router, one is connected to the router via an ethernet-over-power link which provides a good Internet connection. The last of these had a fault that I had to resolve by re-installing windows, and then Pegasus Mail. All three machines use the same mailbox, physically located on the machine that is directly connected to the router. The path to the mailbox has been set as a network path on the two other PCs, and this works fine. Mercury is not installed. The prob...

Problem with Pegasus Queue Manager window
V4.12a: I don't see any messages in the Queue Manager window, when they are queued. When I send they I see the meassage at the bottom of the screen to the effect that they are leaving, but nothing in the Queue Manager window. Could someone please help me with this? Thank You, Paul H. Direct email: remove "DeathToCockroaches" from email address. I keep hitting "Esc" -- but I'm still here! ...

Configuring windows withiin Pegasus Mail
On Pegasus Mail 4.12a (version of Jun 19 2003) on Windows 2000 Pro, I used to get 3 windows: - list of messages in New Mail folder - list of folders - window onto whatever message was selected in first window Now I only get first two windows. If I unselect save desktop in Tools>Options>Basic Settings then I only get the first window (although ctrl-L gets me the second) and if I select it I get the first two (provided they were showing on my last session). How do I get all three and have them show up when I enter Pegasus? On 22 Dec 2003 08:30:49 -0800, ggrothendieck@v...

Set up of Pegasus Mail for Windows-Intranet
Hello, I am trying to set up Pegasus Mail for Windows on a MS Windows based network. The "server" machine or machine used to store the messages is on a Win98SE box. I ama bit confused in the setup of this system and have the following questions. 1. I have set up the Pegasus Mail on the "server" PC with no problems. It starts asking about SMTP and POP3 server. Do I need these? 2. Do I need Mercury? I am setting up a simply email system inhouse with about 5 or 6 users. There is and should be no connection to the outside Internet world through this email sys...

Pegasus Mail send and receive problem
I've been using Pegasus Mail for some time now but have suddenly hit a brick wall in the last couple of days with the following mysterious error message: SMTP Network or Protocol Error sending mail 5: Connect failed, 2726. There's been no changes to the Pegasus Mail settings yet sending, receiving or both using Outlook Express and Outlook seem to have no problems. Any pointers here as there's no reference to this via Google? Note: Even with firewall and antivirus turned off, still no luck. Don't want to be a Microsoft convert but patience is wearing thin and pra...

Pegasus Mail and Windows administrator privileges
Hi Group I have used Pegasus Mail under Win98 since several years and I'm happy with it. Now I have a new WinXP machine and want to reinstall. I have the following problem: I tried Pegasus v421c. It seems it only works if the user has the Windows administrator privileges (XP Home Edition SP2). Is this the normal behavior ? I am quite surprised with this. Thanks a lot. I am running WinPmail 4.21 with restricted user privileges on Windows 2000 and as a main user with Windows XP Pro without having any problems and changing any settings. I think, it would be most important,...

Setting up Pegasus Mail for Windows for intranet use only
Hello, I am trying to set up Pegasus Mail for Windows on a MS Windows based network. The "server" machine or machine used to store the messages is on a Win98SE box. I am a bit confused in the setup of this system and have the following questions. 1. I have set up the Pegasus Mail on the "server" PC with no problems. It starts asking about SMTP and POP3 server. Do I need these? 2. Do I need Mercury? I am setting up a simply email system inhouse with about 5 or 6 users. There is and should be no connection to the outside Internet world through this email sy...

Windows Live SMTP access with Pegasus Mail
As of today, Windows Live Hotmail allows free Hotmail account access via SMTP. The server information is: smtp.live.com:587 The MS clients (Outlook (prior to 2007), Outlook Express, Windows Mail, and Windows Live Mail) reportedly work by setting the client to use SSL. I have tested this with MS Outlook Express 6, and it works. MS Outlook 2007 reportedly works using TLS. I have not tested this, because I don't have a copy of MS Outlook 2007. Mozilla Thunderbird 2.0.0.19, and SeaMonkey 1.1.14 both also work, using TLS. However, setting 'smtp.live.com:587' with START...

Pegasus 4.21c
There's another little problem I've found - Pegasus seems to have a choice between sending email either immediately, or sending it during 'idle checks' i.e. when checking the pop server for mail. I don't really want to send mails instantly (might change my mind) but rather would want them to be sent every ten minutes or so. I can't find the setting how to achieve this. The IMAP Inbox will refresh the every two minutes but this does not trigger the sending of the queued mails. There's no longer any pop profile which could, either. Any suggestions grate...

Web resources about - Pegasus IMAP problem - comp.pegasus-mail.windows

Pegasus (rocket) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... Three main stages burning solid propellant provide the thrust. It flies as a rocket-powered aircraft before leaving the atmosphere. The Pegasus ...

Pegasus (@pegasustreet) on Twitter

Pegasus In The Rough - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
The #3 KC-46 out in the fuel dock and receiving more work for the flight test program before she takes flight. ©2014 Paul Carter All Rights Reserved ...

ASUS Pegasus X002 teaser - YouTube
More China phones, tablet and other gadgets news and review, please visit: http://www.gizmochina.com Follow us Facebook: https://www.faceboo ...

Canberra's Pegasus riding school hopes tack sale will help troubled finances
Canberra's much loved disabled riding school is holding its first ever tack and&nbsp;treasure fundraiser as it faces looming financial uncertainties. ...

The Complex Identity of the Archetypal Hero: A Fictional Treatise with Unicorn Pegasus Kittens
... John Scalzi announced a contest for stories describing this image , which shows ex-Star-Trek star Wil Wheaton riding a winged unicorn pegasus ...

ASUS unveils the Pegasus 2 Plus smartphone – 5.5-inch display, 3GB of RAM, 13MP camera
ASUS on Saturday announced a new smartphone called the Pegasus 2 Plus X550, which brings some decent specifications to the table for what will ...

modern combat 2: black pegasus Articles - AppAdvice iPhone/iPad News
Latest modern combat 2: black pegasus Articles - AppAdvice iPhone/iPad News

Free Download Asphalt 6 Adrenaline and Modern Combat 2 Black Pegasus
Free Download Asphalt 6 Adrenaline and Modern Combat 2 Black Pegasus BerryReview Not so much with Robert Scoble in particular, but with Silicon ...

Pegasus Warning releasing EP, playing NYC tonight
by Andrew Sacher Pegasus Warning at Brooklyn Bowl in October (more by Sarah Gainer) Pegasus Warning (aka NYC musician Guillermo E. Brown) is ...