Pegasus kills my network

Actually, it seems to be one certain email that does it.

I regular get a commercial email, and I always forward a copy to a
friend (via a filter rule.) The latest one has a very strange side-
effect: when Pegasus tries to connect to the SMTP server to send the
the forwarded message, it kills my network connection. The computer
will then hang for about 10 seconds over and over about every 10
seconds until I manage to disable-then-enable the network connection in
Windows, or to reboot. It doesn't seem to happen when I forward any
other emails or to send a new one.

I guess the practical solution is to just not forward that particular
email. But does anyone know what's going on here? This seems very odd
to me.
0
Nil

Nil <rednoise@REMOVETHIScomcast.net> wrote:

> Actually, it seems to be one certain email that does it.
>
> I regular get a commercial email, and I always forward a copy to
> a friend (via a filter rule.) The latest one has a very strange
> side- effect: when Pegasus tries to connect to the SMTP server
> to send the the forwarded message, it kills my network
> connection. [...]
>
> I guess the practical solution is to just not forward that
> particular email. But does anyone know what's going on here?
> This seems very odd to me.

Does it contain malformed HTML? As I recall, that seems to have
caused other problems.

--
Steve

My e-mail address works as is.
0
Stephen
11/13/2012 12:38:24 AM
Nil wrote:

> Actually, it seems to be one certain email that does it.
>
> I regular get a commercial email, and I always forward a copy to a
> friend (via a filter rule.) The latest one has a very strange
> side- effect: when Pegasus tries to connect to the SMTP server to
> send the the forwarded message, it kills my network connection.
> The computer will then hang for about 10 seconds over and over
> about every 10 seconds until I manage to disable-then-enable the
> network connection in Windows, or to reboot. It doesn't seem to
> happen when I forward any other emails or to send a new one.
>
> I guess the practical solution is to just not forward that
> particular email. But does anyone know what's going on here? This
> seems very odd to me.

Version of Pmail?
Which HTML renderer; BearHTML or IERenderer (and version)?
What version of libtidy.dll?

0
Guy
11/13/2012 2:18:56 AM
On 12 Nov 2012, Guy <Use-Reply-To-Address-Header@[127.1]> wrote in
comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows:

> Version of Pmail?

4.63 (does anyone still use anything older??)

> Which HTML renderer; BearHTML or IERenderer (and version)?

IERenderer version 2.4.7.4 (which is the latest, according to its
updater.)

> What version of libtidy.dll?

1.0.5.0

0
Nil
11/13/2012 8:57:13 AM
On 12 Nov 2012, Stephen Hust <shNOSPAM@a1.net> wrote in
comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows:

> Does it contain malformed HTML? As I recall, that seems to have
> caused other problems.

It probably does, but the raw code is too convoluted for me to see
exactly where. I tried feeding it to <http://validator.w3.org/> and it
gave me a slew of warnings and errors.

I think it is something about the markup code in this message that
causing trouble, and I've heard of similar issues - in fact here's a
description from 2007 of one that sounds just like my problem. There
was no resolution, unfortunately.

http://community.pmail.com/forums/thread/326.aspx
0
Nil
11/13/2012 9:00:40 AM
On 13 Nov 2012, Nil <rednoise@REMOVETHIScomcast.net> wrote in
comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows:

> On 12 Nov 2012, Guy <Use-Reply-To-Address-Header@[127.1]> wrote in
> comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows:
>
>> Version of Pmail?
>
> 4.63 (does anyone still use anything older??)
>
>> Which HTML renderer; BearHTML or IERenderer (and version)?
>
> IERenderer version 2.4.7.4 (which is the latest, according to its
> updater.)
>
>> What version of libtidy.dll?
>
> 1.0.5.0

I guess the information you requested wasn't of any help.
0
Nil

Pegasus Mail or Pegasus Mail as 'Admin'

PGP Extension for Pegasus Mail 6.2.7.0 [required for Pegasus Mail 4.5] released
Version 6.2.7.0 / 6-2009 (13.06.2009): ATTENTION: This update is required for the extension to work properly = with Pegasus Mail v4.5! The most important change is a new send option ("all in one message") = which may be selected via the entries beginning with "***" in the encryption dialog. Some minor adjustments to PGP 9.7 - 9.10, a new option for displaying the local time on Pegasus Mail's status bar and a way for synchronizing the system time with a timeserver are included as well. Additionally the following bugs have been fixed amongst others: - E...

Network Pegasus Mail and Wine
Has anyone had any success with running Pegasus mail through wine while loading it from a networked drive? If so how did you have the wine.conf file setup and what files are needed from the novell client? http://appdb.winehq.com/appview.php?appId=284 Ivan. ...

Configuring windows withiin Pegasus Mail
On Pegasus Mail 4.12a (version of Jun 19 2003) on Windows 2000 Pro, I used to get 3 windows: - list of messages in New Mail folder - list of folders - window onto whatever message was selected in first window Now I only get first two windows. If I unselect save desktop in Tools>Options>Basic Settings then I only get the first window (although ctrl-L gets me the second) and if I select it I get the first two (provided they were showing on my last session). How do I get all three and have them show up when I enter Pegasus? On 22 Dec 2003 08:30:49 -0800, ggrothendieck@v...

Pegasus Mail and Windows administrator privileges
Hi Group I have used Pegasus Mail under Win98 since several years and I'm happy with it. Now I have a new WinXP machine and want to reinstall. I have the following problem: I tried Pegasus v421c. It seems it only works if the user has the Windows administrator privileges (XP Home Edition SP2). Is this the normal behavior ? I am quite surprised with this. Thanks a lot. I am running WinPmail 4.21 with restricted user privileges on Windows 2000 and as a main user with Windows XP Pro without having any problems and changing any settings. I think, it would be most important,...

Pegasus on Windows Network with an E drive
I look after two installations of Pegasus Mail on Windows XP networks, one at home, one at a charity. In both cases it works successfully with one machine as the mail server and the others having a path to mailbox entered using pconfig.exe something like \\gfoffice\pmail\mail \~8 where GFOFFICE is the server name on the network. It works, I have two machines remotely accessing the mailbox in this way, and use the same set-up at home where both computers are accessing the mail on a network storage device. Now the problem, I have added an extra machine and it cannot find the mailbox. It ...

Set up of Pegasus Mail for Windows-Intranet
Hello, I am trying to set up Pegasus Mail for Windows on a MS Windows based network. The "server" machine or machine used to store the messages is on a Win98SE box. I ama bit confused in the setup of this system and have the following questions. 1. I have set up the Pegasus Mail on the "server" PC with no problems. It starts asking about SMTP and POP3 server. Do I need these? 2. Do I need Mercury? I am setting up a simply email system inhouse with about 5 or 6 users. There is and should be no connection to the outside Internet world through this email sys...

Pegasus Mail v4.21c, Network Configuration.
Hi to all, I am a newbee. The message below I had posted to the Pegasus Forum which for inexplicable reasons can not access anymore??!! (The website is just not responding). My technical skills are fairly limited and require your kind assistance in enabling the automatic receipt of e-mail messages and the forward/send e-mail message function. System Information:- Platform: OS Microsoft Win32 XPPro Version 5.12600 SP2 Build 2600 Processor: x86 Family 15 Model 3 Stepping 4 GenuineIntel ~2400Mhz, Pentium4 MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00, Total Physical Memory 512MB Microsoft .NET ...

Windows Live SMTP access with Pegasus Mail
As of today, Windows Live Hotmail allows free Hotmail account access via SMTP. The server information is: smtp.live.com:587 The MS clients (Outlook (prior to 2007), Outlook Express, Windows Mail, and Windows Live Mail) reportedly work by setting the client to use SSL. I have tested this with MS Outlook Express 6, and it works. MS Outlook 2007 reportedly works using TLS. I have not tested this, because I don't have a copy of MS Outlook 2007. Mozilla Thunderbird 2.0.0.19, and SeaMonkey 1.1.14 both also work, using TLS. However, setting 'smtp.live.com:587' with START...

Setting up Pegasus Mail for Windows for intranet use only
Hello, I am trying to set up Pegasus Mail for Windows on a MS Windows based network. The "server" machine or machine used to store the messages is on a Win98SE box. I am a bit confused in the setup of this system and have the following questions. 1. I have set up the Pegasus Mail on the "server" PC with no problems. It starts asking about SMTP and POP3 server. Do I need these? 2. Do I need Mercury? I am setting up a simply email system inhouse with about 5 or 6 users. There is and should be no connection to the outside Internet world through this email sy...

How to convert Pegasus mail from Netware to Windows Server 2003?
How to convert Pegasus mail from Netware to Windows Server 2003? We cannot read email by Pegasus in Windows after copy the email folder from Netware Server. Server information: The Mercury (NLM version 1.48) The Mercury (Win32 version 4.01a) ...

How to convert Pegasus mail from Netware to Windows Server 2003?
How to convert Pegasus mail from Netware to Windows Server 2003? We cannot read email by Pegasus in Windows after copy the email folder from Netware Server. Server information: The Mercury (NLM version 1.48) The Mercury (Win32 version 4.01a) ...

Setting up Pegasus Mail for Windows for intranet use only #2
Hello, I continue to have difficulties in setting up Pegasus Mail for use on a Microsoft Windows based network. I initially set up the software on a machine running Windows 98SE. The version I'm installing is 4.41a. It was my understanding that I can share the drive where Pegasus Mail (E:\PMAIL) is installed and simply have other workstations run this copy of the software without installing a separate version on any of the workstations. I do not want to have any Internet e-mail addresses (i.e. mike@mgi.com), but simply users like mike, jo, frank, chris, etc. I could not ...

Pegasus on a network
Hello, how and where do I configure Pegasus 4.12a that I have a central storage for my mail on a server? I have multiple workstations and would like to access my mail centrally. I already tried to modify in: Tools - Options - Mailbox location the path of the mailbox location, but Pegasus never seems to accept my input. What am I doing wrong? Regards Robert ...

Web resources about - Pegasus kills my network - comp.pegasus-mail.windows

Pegasus (rocket) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... Three main stages burning solid propellant provide the thrust. It flies as a rocket-powered aircraft before leaving the atmosphere. The Pegasus ...

Pegasus (@pegasustreet) on Twitter

Pegasus In The Rough - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
The #3 KC-46 out in the fuel dock and receiving more work for the flight test program before she takes flight. ©2014 Paul Carter All Rights Reserved ...

ASUS Pegasus X002 teaser - YouTube
More China phones, tablet and other gadgets news and review, please visit: http://www.gizmochina.com Follow us Facebook: https://www.faceboo ...

Canberra's Pegasus riding school hopes tack sale will help troubled finances
Canberra's much loved disabled riding school is holding its first ever tack and&nbsp;treasure fundraiser as it faces looming financial uncertainties. ...

The Complex Identity of the Archetypal Hero: A Fictional Treatise with Unicorn Pegasus Kittens
... John Scalzi announced a contest for stories describing this image , which shows ex-Star-Trek star Wil Wheaton riding a winged unicorn pegasus ...

ASUS unveils the Pegasus 2 Plus smartphone – 5.5-inch display, 3GB of RAM, 13MP camera
ASUS on Saturday announced a new smartphone called the Pegasus 2 Plus X550, which brings some decent specifications to the table for what will ...

modern combat 2: black pegasus Articles - AppAdvice iPhone/iPad News
Latest modern combat 2: black pegasus Articles - AppAdvice iPhone/iPad News

Free Download Asphalt 6 Adrenaline and Modern Combat 2 Black Pegasus
Free Download Asphalt 6 Adrenaline and Modern Combat 2 Black Pegasus BerryReview Not so much with Robert Scoble in particular, but with Silicon ...

Pegasus Warning releasing EP, playing NYC tonight
by Andrew Sacher Pegasus Warning at Brooklyn Bowl in October (more by Sarah Gainer) Pegasus Warning (aka NYC musician Guillermo E. Brown) is ...