Pegasus mail export to Thunderbird

Hi all,

Thought I'd share my experiences on the subject.

I downloaded mailconv, written by Stephen Knight
(http://www.dragon-it.co.uk/pegasus.htm and other sources).

Pointed it to the correct folders, exported Pega to Eudora.
Fired up TB and imported the Eudora folders. Got errors on empty ones.
Imported folders are nicely stored in Local Folders/Eudora Mail.

Downside is that any Pega folder/tray structure is lost.

GrtnX,
NBI
0
NoBrainsIncluded

[POSTED TO comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <LImdnS_m2-fbxUHcRVnyjg@casema.nl> on Wed, 05 Jan 2005 22:13:37 +0100,
NoBrainsIncluded <nowhere@special.net> wrote:

>Thought I'd share my experiences on the subject.
>
>I downloaded mailconv, written by Stephen Knight
>(http://www.dragon-it.co.uk/pegasus.htm and other sources).
>
>Pointed it to the correct folders, exported Pega to Eudora.
>Fired up TB and imported the Eudora folders. Got errors on empty ones.
>Imported folders are nicely stored in Local Folders/Eudora Mail.
>
>Downside is that any Pega folder/tray structure is lost.

I personally found MAILCONV to be less accurate than Pegasus itself when
converting into UNIX/Eudora format -- too many messages corrupted.
--
Best regards,
John Navas     <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/>
<spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote:

>[POSTED TO comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
>
>In <LImdnS_m2-fbxUHcRVnyjg@casema.nl> on Wed, 05 Jan 2005 22:13:37 +0100,
>NoBrainsIncluded <nowhere@special.net> wrote:
>
>>Thought I'd share my experiences on the subject.
>>
>>I downloaded mailconv, written by Stephen Knight
>>(http://www.dragon-it.co.uk/pegasus.htm and other sources).
>>
>>Pointed it to the correct folders, exported Pega to Eudora.
>>Fired up TB and imported the Eudora folders. Got errors on empty ones.
>>Imported folders are nicely stored in Local Folders/Eudora Mail.
>>
>>Downside is that any Pega folder/tray structure is lost.
>
>I personally found MAILCONV to be less accurate than Pegasus itself when
>converting into UNIX/Eudora format -- too many messages corrupted.

Based on that understanding (I must have gotten that from an earlier
post of John's), that is why I used Netscape format when converting
mine.  I have zero corruption in over 1000 folders and subfolders and
nearly 50000 messages.

Then my Access routine restores all of the folders and subfolders in
Thunderbird exactly as they existed in Pegasus.

mike
0
mbpatpas
1/6/2005 1:30:57 AM
Mike Preston wrote:

>>I personally found MAILCONV to be less accurate than Pegasus itself when
>>converting into UNIX/Eudora format -- too many messages corrupted.
>
> Based on that understanding (I must have gotten that from an earlier
> post of John's), that is why I used Netscape format when converting
> mine.  I have zero corruption in over 1000 folders and subfolders and
> nearly 50000 messages.
>
> Then my Access routine restores all of the folders and subfolders in
> Thunderbird exactly as they existed in Pegasus.
>
> mike

I tried an export to Netscape format a few weeks ago and that got very
messed up. Like it couldn't handle certain characters in several fields.

I did read about your Access routine, and a couple of months ago I would
have surely given it a try. Currently I'm on an almost fresh install
without any MSOffice bug or feature. And completely happy with it.

Anyway, thanks for your comment, you too John.

GrtnX,

rOn
0
NoBrainsIncluded
1/6/2005 5:56:31 PM
I have found that performing a "recover deleted space" and/or a
"reindex" of pegasus folders is helpful when moving files between mailboxs.

Pegasus -> IMAP for example.

Perhap's this would help with the conversion tools as well.

Grant
0
fake
1/7/2005 2:35:41 AM
NoBrainsIncluded wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Thought I'd share my experiences on the subject.
>
> I downloaded mailconv, written by Stephen Knight
> (http://www.dragon-it.co.uk/pegasus.htm and other sources).
>
> Pointed it to the correct folders, exported Pega to Eudora.
> Fired up TB and imported the Eudora folders. Got errors on empty ones.
> Imported folders are nicely stored in Local Folders/Eudora Mail.
>
> Downside is that any Pega folder/tray structure is lost.
>
> GrtnX,
> NBI

After finding mailconv to be useless, I did it by setting up a local
copy of Mercury32 and connecting to the Mercury32 IMAP server from
Thunderbird, then dragging and dropping the emails.

Easy.

Phil
0
Phil
1/9/2005 9:14:51 PM
On Sun, 09 Jan 2005 21:14:51 +0000, Phil Randal
<phil@rebee.clara.co.uk> wrote:

>NoBrainsIncluded wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Thought I'd share my experiences on the subject.
>>
>> I downloaded mailconv, written by Stephen Knight
>> (http://www.dragon-it.co.uk/pegasus.htm and other sources).
>>
>> Pointed it to the correct folders, exported Pega to Eudora.
>> Fired up TB and imported the Eudora folders. Got errors on empty ones.
>> Imported folders are nicely stored in Local Folders/Eudora Mail.
>>
>> Downside is that any Pega folder/tray structure is lost.
>>
>> GrtnX,
>> NBI
>
>After finding mailconv to be useless, I did it by setting up a local
>copy of Mercury32 and connecting to the Mercury32 IMAP server from
>Thunderbird, then dragging and dropping the emails.
>
>Easy.

Do you have over 1000 folders/subfolders?

mike
0
mbpatpas

Pegasus Mail or Pegasus Mail as 'Admin'

PGP Extension for Pegasus Mail 6.2.7.0 [required for Pegasus Mail 4.5] released
Version 6.2.7.0 / 6-2009 (13.06.2009): ATTENTION: This update is required for the extension to work properly = with Pegasus Mail v4.5! The most important change is a new send option ("all in one message") = which may be selected via the entries beginning with "***" in the encryption dialog. Some minor adjustments to PGP 9.7 - 9.10, a new option for displaying the local time on Pegasus Mail's status bar and a way for synchronizing the system time with a timeserver are included as well. Additionally the following bugs have been fixed amongst others: - E...

Export mail from Thunderbird to Yahoo Mail?
Does anyone know of a way I can move email from Mozilla Thunderbird into Yahoo Mail? I've been searching for an answer, but I'm not having much luck. ...

Pegasus Mail freezes when sending mail
Hello, We have Pegasus Mail version 4.41 set up on a Windows Network. The programs are run in workstation mode so that they are running the executables off the network. We are using a roaming profile. We have one particular computer that intermittently freezes up when sending mail. This workstation is a Windows XP Professional SP2 machine. The program becomes unresponsive (eternal hourglass), and even manually ending the program from task manager won't work. The person using this workstation tells me it seems to happen more when replying to messsages from a user than when ...

Exporting Mail from Mail.app to Thunderbird
Is there any way of exporting mail from Apple Mail app to Mozilla Thunderbird? I'm using OS 10.7.3 and T'bird 9.0.1 When I use the import mail tool in T'bird all it does is write a folder called "AppleImports01" which contains nothing. Can anyone help? Thanks, Peter -- It is necessary for the good man to do nothing for evil to triumph. Attributed to Edmund Burke 1729 - 1797 On 2012-02-24 17:05:40 +0000, Peter James said: > Is there any way of exporting mail from Apple Mail app to Mozilla > Thunderbird? > I'm using OS 10.7.3 and T'bird 9.0.1 > When...

Archiving mail messages outside Pegasus Mail?
I have a message folder in Pmail 4.31 with around 500 mail messages including file attachmentsrelated to a work project that has finished some weeks ago. What would be the best way to archive the messages in the folder? Schould I leave the folder in the folder tree and hope that the Pmail message hierarchy system will not be corrupted, or is there a way to put all the messages, with attachments included, out from Pmail and store them to a CD-ROM, and they can then be restored, if needed, for some reason later? I don't need the folder in the folder tree any longer, but I have to sav...

Archiving mail messages outside Pegasus Mail?
I have a message folder in Pmail 4.31 with around 500 mail messages including file attachmentsrelated to a work project that has finished some weeks ago. What would be the best way to archive the messages in the folder? Schould I leave the folder in the folder tree and hope that the Pmail message hierarchy system will not be corrupted, or is there a way to put all the messages, with attachments included, out from Pmail and store them to a CD-ROM, and they can then be restored, if needed, for some reason later? I don't need the folder in the folder tree any longer, but I have to sav...

Exporting Mail from Mail.app to Thunderbird #2
What's the easiest way of transferring my mail from Mail app to Thunderbird. The import faciliity on T'bird doesn't work, and I wondered if I could do it by copying the folders in Library>Mail>Mailboxes? Would this work do you think? Peter -- It is necessary for the good man to do nothing for evil to triumph. Attributed to Edmund Burke 1729 - 1797 On 4/9/12 PDT 2:20 AM, Peter James wrote: > What's the easiest way of transferring my mail from Mail app to > Thunderbird. > The import faciliity on T'bird doesn't work, and I wondered i...

Pegasus Mail Messages being filtered by addresseess Mail Systems
Hello, since a couple of months, and more for some addressees, I have experienced a problem: when I send them a message written with Pegasus Mail it is rejected by the target system... but not when I send it with Outlook Express or Mozilla Thunderbird... that whas happening a few years ago and Pegasus Mail drop during a few months its proudily X-Mailer keyword... would it be possible to do it again???, or is there any "back door option" for instructing Pegasus MAil not to sign its messages with this keyword?? Kind regards, ...

Set up of Pegasus Mail for Windows-Intranet
Hello, I am trying to set up Pegasus Mail for Windows on a MS Windows based network. The "server" machine or machine used to store the messages is on a Win98SE box. I ama bit confused in the setup of this system and have the following questions. 1. I have set up the Pegasus Mail on the "server" PC with no problems. It starts asking about SMTP and POP3 server. Do I need these? 2. Do I need Mercury? I am setting up a simply email system inhouse with about 5 or 6 users. There is and should be no connection to the outside Internet world through this email sys...

Pegasus Mail and Windows administrator privileges
Hi Group I have used Pegasus Mail under Win98 since several years and I'm happy with it. Now I have a new WinXP machine and want to reinstall. I have the following problem: I tried Pegasus v421c. It seems it only works if the user has the Windows administrator privileges (XP Home Edition SP2). Is this the normal behavior ? I am quite surprised with this. Thanks a lot. I am running WinPmail 4.21 with restricted user privileges on Windows 2000 and as a main user with Windows XP Pro without having any problems and changing any settings. I think, it would be most important,...

Configuring windows withiin Pegasus Mail
On Pegasus Mail 4.12a (version of Jun 19 2003) on Windows 2000 Pro, I used to get 3 windows: - list of messages in New Mail folder - list of folders - window onto whatever message was selected in first window Now I only get first two windows. If I unselect save desktop in Tools>Options>Basic Settings then I only get the first window (although ctrl-L gets me the second) and if I select it I get the first two (provided they were showing on my last session). How do I get all three and have them show up when I enter Pegasus? On 22 Dec 2003 08:30:49 -0800, ggrothendieck@v...

Importing existing mail from Outlook2002 or Eudora 6 to Pegasus-mail?
Is there a way to do this? Or do I have to keep my old mail-client to have access to my mail archives? Best Regards Jan Erik Frithjofsen On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 08:35:11 GMT, Jan Erik Frithjofsen <jefrithjofsen@rocketmail.com> wrote: > Is there a way to do this? Or do I have to keep my old mail-client to > have access to my mail archives? > > Best Regards > Jan Erik Frithjofsen > If you are using Outlook2002 with MsExchange and therefore Windows Messaging (aka MAPI) then I have a utility (PM2MSM32) you may be interested in. To migrate Eudora messages,...

Using Pegasus Mail from multiple computers; archiving mail folders
I currently use Pegasus Mail for Windows (XP Professional) from my laptop. I put the mail in a root directory c:\Mail. I am thinking of adding a desktop computer and using my existing laptop much less frequently; I would copy over c:\Mail to a drive on the desktop that could be shared, say d:\Mail, and have a few questions: * I know I'd have to edit pmail.ini to point to d:\Mail . * When I am local and able to access d:\Mail, there should be no problem as long as I have only one client open at a time, I believe. But say that I am remote, perhaps on a trip, and want to use Pegas...

Web resources about - Pegasus mail export to Thunderbird - comp.pegasus-mail.windows

Mozilla Thunderbird
Mozilla Thunderbird is created by a global non-profit dedicated to putting individuals in control and shaping the future of the web for the public ...

Thunderbirds Are Go - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Thunderbirds Are Go is a 1966 British science-fiction film based on Thunderbirds , a 1960s television series starring marionette puppets and ...

Edit - Thunderbird - CrunchBase Product Profile
TechCrunch CrunchBase More TechCrunch Europe TechCrunch France TechCrunch Japan Register - Login or Advanced Search Home > Products > Thunderbird ...

F-16C Thunderbirds Formation - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
USAF Thunderbirds at the 2008 Battle Creek Air Show

Thunderbirds Are Go - Introducing The World - YouTube
The world of Thunderbirds Are Go, Tracy Island, miniature sets and craft have been lovingly made by none other than WETA Workshop - the model ...

Thunderbirds are go: First pictures of TV remake
The first images of the upcoming TV reboot of the iconic series Thunderbirds have been released, recasting the iconic puppets from the 1960s ...

Thunderbirds creator Gerry Anderson dies aged 83
... puppet TV shows Captain Scarlet, Stingray and Joe 90 died in his sleep, his son announces. Gerry Anderson, best known as the creator of Thunderbirds ...

Firebirds hold nerve to hold out Thunderbirds
It was another close shave but Queensland Firebirds coach Roselee Jencke was happy for her side to take a second straight win.

Thunderbirds are go, puppets are gone
Human Thunderbirds? What does this mean, writes James Cockington. - The Age Online

Southerners steal last-gasp draw against Thunderbirds
Southern Steel stole a 53-53 draw in the chaotic final seconds of their trans-Tasman netball league clash against Adelaide Thunderbirds.