Pegasus Mail keeps closing when I open a particular email

I am running the latest (4.61) version of PMail on Win7 64-bit, and
something strange just started happening after I installed a new
screen on my computer. PMail comes up fine and many emails are fine to
look at, but when I try to open a digest file, PMail crashes. It may
also crash with other files, but this is the only one I've found to be
a problem in the last half hour or so. What did I likely do wrong?
Thanks.

          Dilip
0
Dilip

Actually, a wide variety of emails cause this behavior; only some work
when I try to open them.

             Dilip

On May 12, 2:40=A0am, Dilip <bar...@jhu.edu> wrote:
> I am running the latest (4.61) version of PMail on Win7 64-bit, and
> something strange just started happening after I installed a new
> screen on my computer. PMail comes up fine and many emails are fine to
> look at, but when I try to open a digest file, PMail crashes. It may
> also crash with other files, but this is the only one I've found to be
> a problem in the last half hour or so. What did I likely do wrong?
> Thanks.
>
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Dilip

0
Dilip
5/12/2011 7:03:18 AM
On 12 May 2011, Dilip <barman@jhu.edu> wrote in
comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows:

> Actually, a wide variety of emails cause this behavior; only some
> work when I try to open them.
>
> On May 12, 2:40�am, Dilip <bar...@jhu.edu> wrote:
>> I am running the latest (4.61) version of PMail on Win7 64-bit,
>> and something strange just started happening after I installed a
>> new screen on my computer. PMail comes up fine and many emails
>> are fine to look at, but when I try to open a digest file, PMail
>> crashes. It may also crash with other files, but this is the only
>> one I've found to be a problem in the last half hour or so. What
>> did I likely do wrong? Thanks.

Make sure you're using the latest version of IERenderer. There were
several earlier versions that were buggy and tended to crash Pegasus
when displaying HTML messages. The latest one seems stable.

http://community.pmail.com/files/folders/community_add-ons_for_pegasus_mail/entry24145.aspx
0
Nil
5/12/2011 10:22:21 AM
Am 12.05.2011, 12:22 Uhr, schrieb Nil <rednoise@removethiscomcast.net>:

> Make sure you're using the latest version of IERenderer. There were
> several earlier versions that were buggy and tended to crash Pegasus
> when displaying HTML messages. The latest one seems stable.
>
> http://community.pmail.com/files/folders/community_add-ons_for_pegasus_mail/entry24145.aspx

To be exact: The reasons for this behavour are actually bugs in IE: While
I could more or less easily fix the main issue (which is encountered when
using the version coming with Pegasus Mail 4.61 on IE 9) trying to fix
another IE bug (also existing with previous IE versions) introduced
another randomly occuring crash which I could ony fix after some weeks of
testing. But you're right, the version currently available fixes both.

					Michael

--
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
PGP Plugin for Pegasus Mail: <http://www.pmpgp.de/pmpgp/>

      Dilip

On May 12, 6:22=A0am, Nil <redno...@REMOVETHIScomcast.net> wrote:
> On 12 May 2011, Dilip <bar...@jhu.edu> wrote in
> comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows:
>
> > Actually, a wide variety of emails cause this behavior; only some
> > work when I try to open them.
>
> > On May 12, 2:40=A0am, Dilip <bar...@jhu.edu> wrote:
> >> I am running the latest (4.61) version of PMail on Win7 64-bit,
> >> and something strange just started happening after I installed a
> >> new screen on my computer. PMail comes up fine and many emails
> >> are fine to look at, but when I try to open a digest file, PMail
> >> crashes. It may also crash with other files, but this is the only
> >> one I've found to be a problem in the last half hour or so. What
> >> did I likely do wrong? Thanks.
>
> Make sure you're using the latest version of IERenderer. There were
> several earlier versions that were buggy and tended to crash Pegasus
> when displaying HTML messages. The latest one seems stable.
>
> http://community.pmail.com/files/folders/community_add-ons_for_pegasu...

0
Dilip
5/13/2011 2:56:30 AM
On 12 May 2011, Dilip <barman@jhu.edu> wrote in
comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows:

> Thanks. I'll take a look - do I just install a new version of
> IERenderer and then restart PMail?

Yes - just close down Pegasus, then install the new IERenderer right
over the old one. The install program should find Pegasus's program
folder.
0
Nil
5/13/2011 11:19:15 AM
Updating IERenderer did the trick. Thanks!

      Dilip

On May 12, 6:22=A0am, Nil <redno...@REMOVETHIScomcast.net> wrote:
> On 12 May 2011, Dilip <bar...@jhu.edu> wrote in
> comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows:
>
> > Actually, a wide variety of emails cause this behavior; only some
> > work when I try to open them.
>
> > On May 12, 2:40=A0am, Dilip <bar...@jhu.edu> wrote:
> >> I am running the latest (4.61) version of PMail on Win7 64-bit,
> >> and something strange just started happening after I installed a
> >> new screen on my computer. PMail comes up fine and many emails
> >> are fine to look at, but when I try to open a digest file, PMail
> >> crashes. It may also crash with other files, but this is the only
> >> one I've found to be a problem in the last half hour or so. What
> >> did I likely do wrong? Thanks.
>
> Make sure you're using the latest version of IERenderer. There were
> several earlier versions that were buggy and tended to crash Pegasus
> when displaying HTML messages. The latest one seems stable.
>
> http://community.pmail.com/files/folders/community_add-ons_for_pegasu...

0
Dilip

Pegasus Mail or Pegasus Mail as 'Admin'

PGP Extension for Pegasus Mail 6.2.7.0 [required for Pegasus Mail 4.5] released
Version 6.2.7.0 / 6-2009 (13.06.2009): ATTENTION: This update is required for the extension to work properly = with Pegasus Mail v4.5! The most important change is a new send option ("all in one message") = which may be selected via the entries beginning with "***" in the encryption dialog. Some minor adjustments to PGP 9.7 - 9.10, a new option for displaying the local time on Pegasus Mail's status bar and a way for synchronizing the system time with a timeserver are included as well. Additionally the following bugs have been fixed amongst others: - E...

Pegasus Mail freezes when sending mail
Hello, We have Pegasus Mail version 4.41 set up on a Windows Network. The programs are run in workstation mode so that they are running the executables off the network. We are using a roaming profile. We have one particular computer that intermittently freezes up when sending mail. This workstation is a Windows XP Professional SP2 machine. The program becomes unresponsive (eternal hourglass), and even manually ending the program from task manager won't work. The person using this workstation tells me it seems to happen more when replying to messsages from a user than when ...

HELP!! Edited Word document attachment from email, saved, closed Pegasus mail, lost document
Oooh I *so* hope that somebody can help me, I *so* fear that I have lost all the work that I did today! I am working on a document in Word...I emailed it to myself so that I'd be able to download it to my laptop. It arrived as an attachment in Pegasus mail (on my laptop) - I opened the attachment, and started to edit it. I saved it many times...then because I had to change some network settings, I restarted the laptop (so Pegasus was shut down). I'm sure that some of you see where this is going..I didn't even think about it...I must have been saving the tmp fi...

HELP!! Edited Word document attachment from email, saved, closed Pegasus mail, lost document!
Oooh I *so* hope that somebody can help me, I *so* fear that I have lost all the work that I did today! I am working on a document in Word...I emailed it to myself so that I'd be able to download it to my laptop. It arrived as an attachment in Pegasus mail (on my laptop) - I opened the attachment, and started to edit it. I saved it many times...then because I had to change some network settings, I restarted the laptop (so Pegasus was shut down). I'm sure that some of you see where this is going..I didn't even think about it...I must have been saving the tmp file...

Archiving mail messages outside Pegasus Mail?
I have a message folder in Pmail 4.31 with around 500 mail messages including file attachmentsrelated to a work project that has finished some weeks ago. What would be the best way to archive the messages in the folder? Schould I leave the folder in the folder tree and hope that the Pmail message hierarchy system will not be corrupted, or is there a way to put all the messages, with attachments included, out from Pmail and store them to a CD-ROM, and they can then be restored, if needed, for some reason later? I don't need the folder in the folder tree any longer, but I have to sav...

Archiving mail messages outside Pegasus Mail?
I have a message folder in Pmail 4.31 with around 500 mail messages including file attachmentsrelated to a work project that has finished some weeks ago. What would be the best way to archive the messages in the folder? Schould I leave the folder in the folder tree and hope that the Pmail message hierarchy system will not be corrupted, or is there a way to put all the messages, with attachments included, out from Pmail and store them to a CD-ROM, and they can then be restored, if needed, for some reason later? I don't need the folder in the folder tree any longer, but I have to sav...

Pegasus Mail Messages being filtered by addresseess Mail Systems
Hello, since a couple of months, and more for some addressees, I have experienced a problem: when I send them a message written with Pegasus Mail it is rejected by the target system... but not when I send it with Outlook Express or Mozilla Thunderbird... that whas happening a few years ago and Pegasus Mail drop during a few months its proudily X-Mailer keyword... would it be possible to do it again???, or is there any "back door option" for instructing Pegasus MAil not to sign its messages with this keyword?? Kind regards, ...

Pegasus Mail and Windows administrator privileges
Hi Group I have used Pegasus Mail under Win98 since several years and I'm happy with it. Now I have a new WinXP machine and want to reinstall. I have the following problem: I tried Pegasus v421c. It seems it only works if the user has the Windows administrator privileges (XP Home Edition SP2). Is this the normal behavior ? I am quite surprised with this. Thanks a lot. I am running WinPmail 4.21 with restricted user privileges on Windows 2000 and as a main user with Windows XP Pro without having any problems and changing any settings. I think, it would be most important,...

Configuring windows withiin Pegasus Mail
On Pegasus Mail 4.12a (version of Jun 19 2003) on Windows 2000 Pro, I used to get 3 windows: - list of messages in New Mail folder - list of folders - window onto whatever message was selected in first window Now I only get first two windows. If I unselect save desktop in Tools>Options>Basic Settings then I only get the first window (although ctrl-L gets me the second) and if I select it I get the first two (provided they were showing on my last session). How do I get all three and have them show up when I enter Pegasus? On 22 Dec 2003 08:30:49 -0800, ggrothendieck@v...

Pegasus Mail going open source ?
Updated 2005-APR-20: http://www.pmail.com/sundry/pmlinux.htm <quote> In the past, I have taken a cautious "wait-and-see" approach to the idea of Open Source. I am now willing to accept that it is a valid model, and that it is producing some genuinely excellent packages (such as FireFox, of which I am inordinately fond). Ideologically, I believe that Open Source and I are a good match, and I would like to consider going that way. </quote> Best regards, Roman On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 12:00:39 +0200, roman modic <modicr@myrealbox.com> wrote: >...

Pegasus Mail und Open Office
Just to let you know that I had to move Oo2PMail to a new site (for those wanting to use Pegasus Mail from within Open Office - don't ask me about details, I don't use any office package at all): <http://idw-doc.homepage.t-online.de/Oo2PMail.zip> Michael -- PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B PGP Plugin for Pegasus Mail: <http://www.pmpgp.de/pmpgp/> Michael in der Wiesche <---idw.doc---@t-online.de> wrote: > Just to let you know that I had to move Oo2PMail to a new site (for those > wanting to use Pegasus Mail from within Open Office - ...

Importing existing mail from Outlook2002 or Eudora 6 to Pegasus-mail?
Is there a way to do this? Or do I have to keep my old mail-client to have access to my mail archives? Best Regards Jan Erik Frithjofsen On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 08:35:11 GMT, Jan Erik Frithjofsen <jefrithjofsen@rocketmail.com> wrote: > Is there a way to do this? Or do I have to keep my old mail-client to > have access to my mail archives? > > Best Regards > Jan Erik Frithjofsen > If you are using Outlook2002 with MsExchange and therefore Windows Messaging (aka MAPI) then I have a utility (PM2MSM32) you may be interested in. To migrate Eudora messages,...

Using Pegasus Mail from multiple computers; archiving mail folders
I currently use Pegasus Mail for Windows (XP Professional) from my laptop. I put the mail in a root directory c:\Mail. I am thinking of adding a desktop computer and using my existing laptop much less frequently; I would copy over c:\Mail to a drive on the desktop that could be shared, say d:\Mail, and have a few questions: * I know I'd have to edit pmail.ini to point to d:\Mail . * When I am local and able to access d:\Mail, there should be no problem as long as I have only one client open at a time, I believe. But say that I am remote, perhaps on a trip, and want to use Pegas...

Web resources about - Pegasus Mail keeps closing when I open a particular email - comp.pegasus-mail.windows

Poll: Who Wins the Brand Battle of Trump vs. Fox News?
On her Fox News program Tuesday night, Ms. Kelly said she will still co-moderate the debate. "The truth is he doesn't get to control the media," ...

Why Cloud Gaming Will Popularize Virtual Reality
The virtual reality hype is real. It is undeniable that virtual reality is in popular demand among early adopters and hardcore gamers. Facebook’s ...

26 states ask Supreme Court to halt Obama’s carbon emissions plan
This should be interesting. One state after another have been pushing back on the new EPA carbon emission guidelines, with many of them refusing ...

Wednesday Morning News: Beached Whales, Ammon Bundy, Egypt, Divine, Apple, Bernie Sanders, Snow Men
APPREHENDED : The FBI has arrested Ammon Bundy and 7 others in a rural Oregon traffic stop, ending a three week standoff against federal authorities ...

Obama urges swift action on Zika virus
US President Barack Obama has called for faster research on the quick-moving Zika virus, which is spread by mosquitoes and has been linked to ...

Kris Jenner Opens Up About O.J. Simpson & Nicole Brown Simpson: 'They Were My Family'
Kris Jenner poses with Hollywood Today Live ‘s hosts Ross Mathews and Garcelle Beauvais while making an appearance on the show on Tuesday (January ...

Lena Headey Channels Cersei Lannister To Read ‘Bachelor’ Insults On Jimmy Kimmel
Who would have thought that Lena Headey would fit right in with the women of The Bachelor ? Lena guested on Jimmy Kimmel Live! to promote her ...

Conan O'Brien remembers late actor Abe Vigoda with his most hilarious 'Late Night' moments
Tuesday's night's "Conan" opened with a touching tribute to actor Abe Vigoda, who died earlier that day . Vigoda was a frequent participant ...

Police: 2 Dead, 3 Wounded in Seattle Homeless Camp Shooting
CNN Police: 2 Dead, 3 Wounded in Seattle Homeless Camp Shooting New York Times SEATTLE — Two people were killed and three others wounded as ...

Josh Duggar Might Settle Lawsuit With Danica Dillon While Anna’s Thank You Might Mean Financial Woes ...
Josh Duggar has agreed to a settlement conference with Danica Dillon after things reportedly did not go so well at their pre-trial conference ...