Pegasus Mail sending problem

I have a strange problem. I run a three workstation peer-to-peer
network. One PC is wirelsss, one is connected direct to the router,
one is connected to the router via an ethernet-over-power link which
provides a good Internet connection. The last of these had a fault
that I had to resolve by re-installing windows, and then Pegasus Mail.
All three machines use the same mailbox, physically located on the
machine that is directly connected to the router. The path to the
mailbox has been set as a network path on the two other PCs, and this
works fine. Mercury is not installed.

The problem is that on the machine connected via power over ethernet I
can't send mail. Pegasus hangs after reaching about 1% and times out.
I get an e-mail that says:

 *** TCP/IP error while processing job ***
   A network error has occurred while WinPMail attempted to send
   your message. This error could be caused by many conditions,
   including the following:
     * The remote host may have gone down.
     * Your network may have been broken or gone down.
     * You may have a configuration problem in your WINSOCK.DLL.
     * If running on a SLIP line, you may have experienced a
       timeout (increase the value in WinPMail's Network Config.
       Dialog), or the phone line may have gone down or suffered
       from excessive line noise.
   WinPMail will requeue your message and try again later.

However, this is what is really stange:
-If the e-mail is very very short, i.e. only the word "test" in the
body of the message, it works OK
-after failing to send, I can use one of the other PCs on the network
and send it normally. These are using the same common mailbox.

So I think:
-It can't be due to settings in Pegasus as these are stored in the
mail directory which is common to all three machines
-It can't really be a faulty connection - I can receive mail without a
problem
-It can't be hardware - the machine was fine on this before the re-
installation of Windows
-It must be something to do with Winsock.dll or some other Windows
component, that is on the host PC, or with TCP/IP or other networking
issue. I have searched for something wrong, but can't find anything.

Can anyone make any suggestions please?

Martin

0
Martin

On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 09:42:48 -0700, Martin
<martinwestlondon@gmail.com> wrote:

>I have a strange problem. I run a three workstation peer-to-peer
>network. One PC is wirelsss, one is connected direct to the router,
>one is connected to the router via an ethernet-over-power link which
>provides a good Internet connection. The last of these had a fault
>that I had to resolve by re-installing windows, and then Pegasus Mail.
>All three machines use the same mailbox, physically located on the
>machine that is directly connected to the router. The path to the
>mailbox has been set as a network path on the two other PCs, and this
>works fine. Mercury is not installed.
>
>The problem is that on the machine connected via power over ethernet I
>can't send mail. Pegasus hangs after reaching about 1% and times out.
>I get an e-mail that says:
>
> *** TCP/IP error while processing job ***
>   A network error has occurred while WinPMail attempted to send
>   your message. This error could be caused by many conditions,
>   including the following:
>     * The remote host may have gone down.
>     * Your network may have been broken or gone down.
>     * You may have a configuration problem in your WINSOCK.DLL.
>     * If running on a SLIP line, you may have experienced a
>       timeout (increase the value in WinPMail's Network Config.
>       Dialog), or the phone line may have gone down or suffered
>       from excessive line noise.
>   WinPMail will requeue your message and try again later.
>
>However, this is what is really stange:
>-If the e-mail is very very short, i.e. only the word "test" in the
>body of the message, it works OK
>-after failing to send, I can use one of the other PCs on the network
>and send it normally. These are using the same common mailbox.

There are a couple of things which can cause this behavior,  due to
fragmented TCP packets.  The first is that the maximum packet
size(MRU) is set too large.  It sounds like yours should be either
1500 or 1492 depending on whether you are using DCHP or PPOE.

To test this you can use the programs DrTCP or TCP Optimizer, or
simply ping.

Run in a DOS box, the command

ping -f -l 1472 yahoo.com
for 1500 MRU or
ping -f -l 1464
for 1492 MRU

If you get the message
Packet needs to be fragmented but DF set,
decrease the number until the ping succeeds. Add 28 to that number and
that will be the MRU you should be using.  Use TCPoptimizer to set the
number in the registry.

Another possibility occurs if you are using an NVIDIA chipset and its
associated ethernet. You may need to disable Offload Checksum in the
advanced section of the device properties.

Good luck.

--
Bob Doherty
0

Pegasus Mail freezes when sending mail
Hello, We have Pegasus Mail version 4.41 set up on a Windows Network. The programs are run in workstation mode so that they are running the executables off the network. We are using a roaming profile. We have one particular computer that intermittently freezes up when sending mail. This workstation is a Windows XP Professional SP2 machine. The program becomes unresponsive (eternal hourglass), and even manually ending the program from task manager won't work. The person using this workstation tells me it seems to happen more when replying to messsages from a user than when ...

Pegasus Mail or Pegasus Mail as 'Admin'

Pegasus Mail send and receive problem
I've been using Pegasus Mail for some time now but have suddenly hit a brick wall in the last couple of days with the following mysterious error message: SMTP Network or Protocol Error sending mail 5: Connect failed, 2726. There's been no changes to the Pegasus Mail settings yet sending, receiving or both using Outlook Express and Outlook seem to have no problems. Any pointers here as there's no reference to this via Google? Note: Even with firewall and antivirus turned off, still no luck. Don't want to be a Microsoft convert but patience is wearing thin and pra...

PGP Extension for Pegasus Mail 6.2.7.0 [required for Pegasus Mail 4.5] released
Version 6.2.7.0 / 6-2009 (13.06.2009): ATTENTION: This update is required for the extension to work properly = with Pegasus Mail v4.5! The most important change is a new send option ("all in one message") = which may be selected via the entries beginning with "***" in the encryption dialog. Some minor adjustments to PGP 9.7 - 9.10, a new option for displaying the local time on Pegasus Mail's status bar and a way for synchronizing the system time with a timeserver are included as well. Additionally the following bugs have been fixed amongst others: - E...

Pegasus Mail Problem
Problem: When I click on OPEN of any email or NEW MESSAGE, it takes over 30 seconds to open the window to view or create an email. I'm using version 4.21c but this problem also occurred with 4.12. Downloading and uploading functions are quick. These functions behave normally. I am using PMail on a new laptop with a wireless connection. One thing that I noticed was that whenever I open or create a new message, there is wireless traffic that is taking place. Once that traffic stops, the window will open for reading or editing. The traffic is definitely related to these...

Problem with Mail,mail won�t send
My partner has a G4 with OS X 10.3.9. Recently lots of messages have refused to send from her Mail Outbox,resulting in the App beachballing/having to be ForceQuit. Sometimes she gets the following error message:- �This message could not be delivered and will remain in your Outbox until it can be delivered. Verify that you have addressed the msg correctly.Check smtp settings in Mail preferences and verify any advanced setup with your system administrator�. I�ve tried the following things:- Repair permissions Zap PRAM Rebuild Mailboxes Tried trashing Mail prefs but when she tries to log in agai...

Mac mail app problems sending mail??
Sometimes when I send email I get an error message stating it will remain in outbox blah, blah, blah. It also says "Verify that you have addressed this message correctly. Check you SMTP server settings in Mail Preferences and verify and advanced settings with your system administrator." Now... when I go to Mail> Preferences> Accounts, I change the server settings and set authentication to Password. Once I enter password and whatnot, the mail gets sent. Sounds like the problems fixed but......... In a few more days, I get the error message again. This time I set the authenticati...

Archiving mail messages outside Pegasus Mail?
I have a message folder in Pmail 4.31 with around 500 mail messages including file attachmentsrelated to a work project that has finished some weeks ago. What would be the best way to archive the messages in the folder? Schould I leave the folder in the folder tree and hope that the Pmail message hierarchy system will not be corrupted, or is there a way to put all the messages, with attachments included, out from Pmail and store them to a CD-ROM, and they can then be restored, if needed, for some reason later? I don't need the folder in the folder tree any longer, but I have to sav...

Archiving mail messages outside Pegasus Mail?
I have a message folder in Pmail 4.31 with around 500 mail messages including file attachmentsrelated to a work project that has finished some weeks ago. What would be the best way to archive the messages in the folder? Schould I leave the folder in the folder tree and hope that the Pmail message hierarchy system will not be corrupted, or is there a way to put all the messages, with attachments included, out from Pmail and store them to a CD-ROM, and they can then be restored, if needed, for some reason later? I don't need the folder in the folder tree any longer, but I have to sav...

Pegasus Mail with Exchange problems
Under the illusion of progress (read "we can't get support for it"!), we have decided to shift from running Pegasus Mail (v4.12a) with Mercury on our Windows network to running it with Exchange. The initial problem we've encountered is that whilst the Pegasus Mail Internet Options have been changed accordingly (repointing to the new Exchange server) somehow the SMTP settings aren't kicking in and (weirdly) all outbound e-mail still seems to be going through Mercury on the old server. POP3 incoming seems fine. Anyone got any suggestions or experience in this? (...

Pegasus Mail Messages being filtered by addresseess Mail Systems
Hello, since a couple of months, and more for some addressees, I have experienced a problem: when I send them a message written with Pegasus Mail it is rejected by the target system... but not when I send it with Outlook Express or Mozilla Thunderbird... that whas happening a few years ago and Pegasus Mail drop during a few months its proudily X-Mailer keyword... would it be possible to do it again???, or is there any "back door option" for instructing Pegasus MAil not to sign its messages with this keyword?? Kind regards, ...

Configuring windows withiin Pegasus Mail
On Pegasus Mail 4.12a (version of Jun 19 2003) on Windows 2000 Pro, I used to get 3 windows: - list of messages in New Mail folder - list of folders - window onto whatever message was selected in first window Now I only get first two windows. If I unselect save desktop in Tools>Options>Basic Settings then I only get the first window (although ctrl-L gets me the second) and if I select it I get the first two (provided they were showing on my last session). How do I get all three and have them show up when I enter Pegasus? On 22 Dec 2003 08:30:49 -0800, ggrothendieck@v...

Set up of Pegasus Mail for Windows-Intranet
Hello, I am trying to set up Pegasus Mail for Windows on a MS Windows based network. The "server" machine or machine used to store the messages is on a Win98SE box. I ama bit confused in the setup of this system and have the following questions. 1. I have set up the Pegasus Mail on the "server" PC with no problems. It starts asking about SMTP and POP3 server. Do I need these? 2. Do I need Mercury? I am setting up a simply email system inhouse with about 5 or 6 users. There is and should be no connection to the outside Internet world through this email sys...

Web resources about - Pegasus Mail sending problem - comp.pegasus-mail.windows

Pegasus (rocket) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... Three main stages burning solid propellant provide the thrust. It flies as a rocket-powered aircraft before leaving the atmosphere. The Pegasus ...

Pegasus (@pegasustreet) on Twitter

Pegasus In The Rough - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
The #3 KC-46 out in the fuel dock and receiving more work for the flight test program before she takes flight. ©2014 Paul Carter All Rights Reserved ...

ASUS Pegasus X002 teaser - YouTube
More China phones, tablet and other gadgets news and review, please visit: http://www.gizmochina.com Follow us Facebook: https://www.faceboo ...

Canberra's Pegasus riding school hopes tack sale will help troubled finances
Canberra's much loved disabled riding school is holding its first ever tack and&nbsp;treasure fundraiser as it faces looming financial uncertainties. ...

The Complex Identity of the Archetypal Hero: A Fictional Treatise with Unicorn Pegasus Kittens
... John Scalzi announced a contest for stories describing this image , which shows ex-Star-Trek star Wil Wheaton riding a winged unicorn pegasus ...

ASUS unveils the Pegasus 2 Plus smartphone – 5.5-inch display, 3GB of RAM, 13MP camera
ASUS on Saturday announced a new smartphone called the Pegasus 2 Plus X550, which brings some decent specifications to the table for what will ...

modern combat 2: black pegasus Articles - AppAdvice iPhone/iPad News
Latest modern combat 2: black pegasus Articles - AppAdvice iPhone/iPad News

Free Download Asphalt 6 Adrenaline and Modern Combat 2 Black Pegasus
Free Download Asphalt 6 Adrenaline and Modern Combat 2 Black Pegasus BerryReview Not so much with Robert Scoble in particular, but with Silicon ...

Pegasus Warning releasing EP, playing NYC tonight
by Andrew Sacher Pegasus Warning at Brooklyn Bowl in October (more by Sarah Gainer) Pegasus Warning (aka NYC musician Guillermo E. Brown) is ...