Pegasus Mail v4.21a is now officially released

Here is the release announcement from David Harris.

Pegasus Mail v4.21a is now available from our official download sites.
Please go to -

   http://www.pmail.com/downloads.htm

for the site nearest you.

An overview of the new features in v4.21a is available at -

   http://www.pmail.com/v4_release.htm

Quite a range of things has been fixed in the period between the
release of the v4.21 public beta and this release - my thanks to
everyone who took the time to send reports to our beta reporting
address.

I plan to put out a public roadmap describing my development plans for
the next version(s) in a couple of days - please watch this space if that
type of information interests you.

V4.21a represents far more work than you might think on the basis of a
superficial inspection - it went through 29 beta cycles, a number only
exceeded in the history of the program by the original v4.0 release. On
behalf of me and my beta test team I hope you enjoy the fruits of our
labours. :-)

Cheers!

-- David --

------------------ David Harris -+- Pegasus Mail ----------------------

--
Rory Kallfelz
No. Easton, Massachusetts USA

To reply, send email to firstname.lastname -at- comcast -dot- net
My header email is munged to discourage the spammers.

For more info on spam-blocking and address munging, a basic FAQ
is located at http://members.aol.com/emailfaq/mungfaq.html.
0
Rory

On Sun, 30 May 2004 10:16:29 -0500, Rory Kallfelz
<nospamseemysigfor@address.invalid> wrote:

Just installed it. The new look is great, and some nice new features.

I can't get List Banding to work however - nothing happens if I check
the boxes, change colors or whatever? Do I need to to more than that?

Running Win2000 Pro btw.

--
Rado

Always listen to experts. They will explain what can't be done
and why. Then do it.  - Robert Heinlein
0
Rado
5/30/2004 4:44:09 PM
On Sun, 30 May 2004 18:44:09 +0200, Rado <rado@fjernpost1.tele.dk>
wrote:

>On Sun, 30 May 2004 10:16:29 -0500, Rory Kallfelz
><nospamseemysigfor@address.invalid> wrote:
>
>Just installed it. The new look is great, and some nice new features.
>
>I can't get List Banding to work however - nothing happens if I check
>the boxes, change colors or whatever? Do I need to to more than that?
>
>Running Win2000 Pro btw.

Hm, strange, it works on another Win2000 computer (with same
motherboard actually). Must be a local problem on this machine then.

--
Rado

Always listen to experts. They will explain what can't be done
and why. Then do it.  - Robert Heinlein
0
Rado

PGP Extension for Pegasus Mail 6.2.7.0 [required for Pegasus Mail 4.5] released
Version 6.2.7.0 / 6-2009 (13.06.2009): ATTENTION: This update is required for the extension to work properly = with Pegasus Mail v4.5! The most important change is a new send option ("all in one message") = which may be selected via the entries beginning with "***" in the encryption dialog. Some minor adjustments to PGP 9.7 - 9.10, a new option for displaying the local time on Pegasus Mail's status bar and a way for synchronizing the system time with a timeserver are included as well. Additionally the following bugs have been fixed amongst others: - E...

Pegasus Mail or Pegasus Mail as 'Admin'

Pegasus Mail v4.21b released
The following announcement was just releaseed by David Harris: +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Pegasus Mail v4.21b is now available from our web site, http://www.pmail.com Please note that if you have previously installed Pegasus Mail v4.21a, a patch version is available at: http://www.pmail.com/patches.htm The patch version is about a third the size, but can *only* be used to upgrade an existing v4.21a installation. V4.21b has the following changes: * A problem where distribution lists containing a reply-to address would cause cra...

How do I import/transfer old mail folders to Pegasus V4 in Windows XP??
All my correspondence is in my mail folders in an old version of Pegasus. I got a new pc running Windows XP and installed the old hard drive containing all my files as a second drive, but I can't find out how to transfer or import my mail folders into Pegasus V4. Suggestions appreciated. I have recently gone thru the same exercise. Though my older version of Pegasus was not markedly older. I would think twice - or more - about doing this starting with a '3' version of Pegasus for example! In my case, I have Pegasus in C:\Prgram Files & the actual mail data on m...

Pegasus Mail freezes when sending mail
Hello, We have Pegasus Mail version 4.41 set up on a Windows Network. The programs are run in workstation mode so that they are running the executables off the network. We are using a roaming profile. We have one particular computer that intermittently freezes up when sending mail. This workstation is a Windows XP Professional SP2 machine. The program becomes unresponsive (eternal hourglass), and even manually ending the program from task manager won't work. The person using this workstation tells me it seems to happen more when replying to messsages from a user than when ...

PGP plugin 4.9.6.4 for Pegasus Mail [fixes and enhancements for v4.3] released
Version 4.9.6.5 / 7-2004 (10.07.2005): - Adds UTF-8 and (limited) Unicode support which will only work with Pegasus Mail v4.3x and later. Only there's a new issue to solve by David Harris: PGP encrypted messages created by previous versions of this extension or imported from outside of Pegasus Mail will show up with missing 8bit characters (umlauts, e.g., see Html-help for more details). - I finally found a way for displaying the real (undecoded) raw data in Pegasus Mail's (v4) raw view; unfortunately it only works if each PGP message is opened in a new reader window. - P...

PGP plugin 4.9.6.5 for Pegasus Mail [fixes and enhancements for v4.3] released
Version 4.9.6.5 / 7-2004 (10.07.2005): - Adds UTF-8 and (limited) Unicode support which will only work with Pegasus Mail v4.3x and later. Only there's a new issue to solve by David Harris: PGP encrypted messages created by previous versions of this extension or imported from outside of Pegasus Mail will show up with missing 8bit characters (umlauts, e.g., see Html-help for more details). - I finally found a way for displaying the real (undecoded) raw data in Pegasus Mail's (v4) raw view; unfortunately it only works if each PGP message is opened in a new reader window. - P...

Archiving mail messages outside Pegasus Mail?
I have a message folder in Pmail 4.31 with around 500 mail messages including file attachmentsrelated to a work project that has finished some weeks ago. What would be the best way to archive the messages in the folder? Schould I leave the folder in the folder tree and hope that the Pmail message hierarchy system will not be corrupted, or is there a way to put all the messages, with attachments included, out from Pmail and store them to a CD-ROM, and they can then be restored, if needed, for some reason later? I don't need the folder in the folder tree any longer, but I have to sav...

Archiving mail messages outside Pegasus Mail?
I have a message folder in Pmail 4.31 with around 500 mail messages including file attachmentsrelated to a work project that has finished some weeks ago. What would be the best way to archive the messages in the folder? Schould I leave the folder in the folder tree and hope that the Pmail message hierarchy system will not be corrupted, or is there a way to put all the messages, with attachments included, out from Pmail and store them to a CD-ROM, and they can then be restored, if needed, for some reason later? I don't need the folder in the folder tree any longer, but I have to sav...

Pegasus Mail Messages being filtered by addresseess Mail Systems
Hello, since a couple of months, and more for some addressees, I have experienced a problem: when I send them a message written with Pegasus Mail it is rejected by the target system... but not when I send it with Outlook Express or Mozilla Thunderbird... that whas happening a few years ago and Pegasus Mail drop during a few months its proudily X-Mailer keyword... would it be possible to do it again???, or is there any "back door option" for instructing Pegasus MAil not to sign its messages with this keyword?? Kind regards, ...

Pegasus Mail 4.61 released
See <http://www.pmail.com/v46x.htm> for details. Michael -- PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B PGP Plugin for Pegasus Mail: <http://www.pmpgp.de/pmpgp/> S/MIME Fingerprint: 26 5c a3 60 02 c6 e3 8a 75 70 d5 6a 67 ff d3 8d b0 b5 5e 5b From: "Michael in der Wiesche" <---idw.doc---@t-online.de> | See <http://www.pmail.com/v46x.htm> for details. Danke Michael :-) -- Dave Multi-AV Scanning Tool - http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp ...

Configuring windows withiin Pegasus Mail
On Pegasus Mail 4.12a (version of Jun 19 2003) on Windows 2000 Pro, I used to get 3 windows: - list of messages in New Mail folder - list of folders - window onto whatever message was selected in first window Now I only get first two windows. If I unselect save desktop in Tools>Options>Basic Settings then I only get the first window (although ctrl-L gets me the second) and if I select it I get the first two (provided they were showing on my last session). How do I get all three and have them show up when I enter Pegasus? On 22 Dec 2003 08:30:49 -0800, ggrothendieck@v...

Pegasus Mail and Windows administrator privileges
Hi Group I have used Pegasus Mail under Win98 since several years and I'm happy with it. Now I have a new WinXP machine and want to reinstall. I have the following problem: I tried Pegasus v421c. It seems it only works if the user has the Windows administrator privileges (XP Home Edition SP2). Is this the normal behavior ? I am quite surprised with this. Thanks a lot. I am running WinPmail 4.21 with restricted user privileges on Windows 2000 and as a main user with Windows XP Pro without having any problems and changing any settings. I think, it would be most important,...

Set up of Pegasus Mail for Windows-Intranet
Hello, I am trying to set up Pegasus Mail for Windows on a MS Windows based network. The "server" machine or machine used to store the messages is on a Win98SE box. I ama bit confused in the setup of this system and have the following questions. 1. I have set up the Pegasus Mail on the "server" PC with no problems. It starts asking about SMTP and POP3 server. Do I need these? 2. Do I need Mercury? I am setting up a simply email system inhouse with about 5 or 6 users. There is and should be no connection to the outside Internet world through this email sys...

Web resources about - Pegasus Mail v4.21a is now officially released - comp.pegasus-mail.windows

Officially Dead - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Filter This: Ads Officially Coming To Instagram
The inevitable has drawn closer: Facebook-owned photo-sharing network Instagram confirmed that it will begin introducing advertising into its ...

Facebook officially launches ‘Trending’
Facebook has been testing a trending feature similar to Twitter’s trending topics, but the social network announced Thursday that it will start ...

Silicon Valley : What do people in Silicon Valley plan to do once they hit 35 and are officially over ...
Answer (1 of 42): When I was 35 I started working at Facebook. The only hill I went over that year was when I drove to Santa Cruz to visit some ...

Mobile Passport - Officially authorized by the U.S. Customs & Border Protection on the App Store on iTunes ...
Get Mobile Passport - Officially authorized by the U.S. Customs & Border Protection on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer ...

Rick Perry is officially retarded... - YouTube
Rick Perry 'didn't meet cancer sufferer he says lobbied him to support HPV vaccine until AFTER issuing executive order': http://www.dailymai ...

Captains confused, but relations are officially good
Michael Clarke insists relations between players and umpires "are fine" despite the Ashes being marred by repeated controversies with decisions ...

OxygenOS 2.1.4 now available officially for OnePlus One
When OnePlus launched its second smartphone last year, it opted to do so without the Cyanogen-based operating system found on its first smartphone, ...

2015 was officially the hottest year on record
Outlet glacier Hoffellsjökull as seen in Vatnajökulsþjóðgarður National Park in southeast Iceland. Due to climate change, Hoffellsjökull glacier ...