Pegasus Mail with Exchange problems

Under the illusion of progress (read "we can't get support for it"!), we
have decided to shift from running Pegasus Mail (v4.12a) with Mercury on our
Windows network to running it with Exchange.

The initial problem we've encountered is that whilst the Pegasus Mail
Internet Options have been changed accordingly (repointing to the new
Exchange server) somehow the SMTP settings aren't kicking in and (weirdly)
all outbound e-mail still seems to be going through Mercury on the old
server. POP3 incoming seems fine.

Anyone got any suggestions or experience in this? (I should add that the
Pegasus Mail config is setup to go through the Mercury gateway. Should a
different gateway be added for Exchange?)

Another really annoying Pegasus Mail quirk (unrelated to the above but which
seems to have persisted) is the blanket copying of a file called MAILBOX.PM
(which contains shared mailboxes) whenever a new user is added. Anyone any
ideas why this is created with the specific shared mailboxes and how to
prevent it in future? (The only solution seems to be to delete it manually
from a user's mailbox.)

Thanks for any help.

Regards
Alex
E-mail: alex.mccourty@eurospan.co.uk

0
Alex

"Alex McCourty" <alex.mccourty@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
> Under the illusion of progress (read "we can't get support for it"!),

What's this newsgroup then?

> we
> have decided to shift from running Pegasus Mail (v4.12a) with Mercury on our
> Windows network to running it with Exchange.
>
> The initial problem we've encountered is that whilst the Pegasus Mail
> Internet Options have been changed accordingly (repointing to the new
> Exchange server) somehow the SMTP settings aren't kicking in and (weirdly)
> all outbound e-mail still seems to be going through Mercury on the old
> server. POP3 incoming seems fine.
>
> Anyone got any suggestions or experience in this? (I should add that the
> Pegasus Mail config is setup to go through the Mercury gateway.

I don't understand what you mean by this, but it sounds like it could be the problem.

> Should a
> different gateway be added for Exchange?)

I've never used Exchange, but assuming that it is listening on port 25, and it is set to allow
relaying from the clients' IP addresses, and that there is no firewall or anything in between
blocking the traffic, you should be able to point Pegasus at the Exchange server's IP address on the
SMTP tab and it should work.

--
David North
--

0
David

Pegasus Mail or Pegasus Mail as 'Admin'

PGP Extension for Pegasus Mail 6.2.7.0 [required for Pegasus Mail 4.5] released
Version 6.2.7.0 / 6-2009 (13.06.2009): ATTENTION: This update is required for the extension to work properly = with Pegasus Mail v4.5! The most important change is a new send option ("all in one message") = which may be selected via the entries beginning with "***" in the encryption dialog. Some minor adjustments to PGP 9.7 - 9.10, a new option for displaying the local time on Pegasus Mail's status bar and a way for synchronizing the system time with a timeserver are included as well. Additionally the following bugs have been fixed amongst others: - E...

Pegasus Mail Problem
Problem: When I click on OPEN of any email or NEW MESSAGE, it takes over 30 seconds to open the window to view or create an email. I'm using version 4.21c but this problem also occurred with 4.12. Downloading and uploading functions are quick. These functions behave normally. I am using PMail on a new laptop with a wireless connection. One thing that I noticed was that whenever I open or create a new message, there is wireless traffic that is taking place. Once that traffic stops, the window will open for reading or editing. The traffic is definitely related to these...

Pegasus Mail freezes when sending mail
Hello, We have Pegasus Mail version 4.41 set up on a Windows Network. The programs are run in workstation mode so that they are running the executables off the network. We are using a roaming profile. We have one particular computer that intermittently freezes up when sending mail. This workstation is a Windows XP Professional SP2 machine. The program becomes unresponsive (eternal hourglass), and even manually ending the program from task manager won't work. The person using this workstation tells me it seems to happen more when replying to messsages from a user than when ...

Archiving mail messages outside Pegasus Mail?
I have a message folder in Pmail 4.31 with around 500 mail messages including file attachmentsrelated to a work project that has finished some weeks ago. What would be the best way to archive the messages in the folder? Schould I leave the folder in the folder tree and hope that the Pmail message hierarchy system will not be corrupted, or is there a way to put all the messages, with attachments included, out from Pmail and store them to a CD-ROM, and they can then be restored, if needed, for some reason later? I don't need the folder in the folder tree any longer, but I have to sav...

Archiving mail messages outside Pegasus Mail?
I have a message folder in Pmail 4.31 with around 500 mail messages including file attachmentsrelated to a work project that has finished some weeks ago. What would be the best way to archive the messages in the folder? Schould I leave the folder in the folder tree and hope that the Pmail message hierarchy system will not be corrupted, or is there a way to put all the messages, with attachments included, out from Pmail and store them to a CD-ROM, and they can then be restored, if needed, for some reason later? I don't need the folder in the folder tree any longer, but I have to sav...

Pegasus Mail sending problem
I have a strange problem. I run a three workstation peer-to-peer network. One PC is wirelsss, one is connected direct to the router, one is connected to the router via an ethernet-over-power link which provides a good Internet connection. The last of these had a fault that I had to resolve by re-installing windows, and then Pegasus Mail. All three machines use the same mailbox, physically located on the machine that is directly connected to the router. The path to the mailbox has been set as a network path on the two other PCs, and this works fine. Mercury is not installed. The prob...

Pegasus Mail Messages being filtered by addresseess Mail Systems
Hello, since a couple of months, and more for some addressees, I have experienced a problem: when I send them a message written with Pegasus Mail it is rejected by the target system... but not when I send it with Outlook Express or Mozilla Thunderbird... that whas happening a few years ago and Pegasus Mail drop during a few months its proudily X-Mailer keyword... would it be possible to do it again???, or is there any "back door option" for instructing Pegasus MAil not to sign its messages with this keyword?? Kind regards, ...

Set up of Pegasus Mail for Windows-Intranet
Hello, I am trying to set up Pegasus Mail for Windows on a MS Windows based network. The "server" machine or machine used to store the messages is on a Win98SE box. I ama bit confused in the setup of this system and have the following questions. 1. I have set up the Pegasus Mail on the "server" PC with no problems. It starts asking about SMTP and POP3 server. Do I need these? 2. Do I need Mercury? I am setting up a simply email system inhouse with about 5 or 6 users. There is and should be no connection to the outside Internet world through this email sys...

Pegasus Mail send and receive problem
I've been using Pegasus Mail for some time now but have suddenly hit a brick wall in the last couple of days with the following mysterious error message: SMTP Network or Protocol Error sending mail 5: Connect failed, 2726. There's been no changes to the Pegasus Mail settings yet sending, receiving or both using Outlook Express and Outlook seem to have no problems. Any pointers here as there's no reference to this via Google? Note: Even with firewall and antivirus turned off, still no luck. Don't want to be a Microsoft convert but patience is wearing thin and pra...

Configuring windows withiin Pegasus Mail
On Pegasus Mail 4.12a (version of Jun 19 2003) on Windows 2000 Pro, I used to get 3 windows: - list of messages in New Mail folder - list of folders - window onto whatever message was selected in first window Now I only get first two windows. If I unselect save desktop in Tools>Options>Basic Settings then I only get the first window (although ctrl-L gets me the second) and if I select it I get the first two (provided they were showing on my last session). How do I get all three and have them show up when I enter Pegasus? On 22 Dec 2003 08:30:49 -0800, ggrothendieck@v...

Importing existing mail from Outlook2002 or Eudora 6 to Pegasus-mail?
Is there a way to do this? Or do I have to keep my old mail-client to have access to my mail archives? Best Regards Jan Erik Frithjofsen On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 08:35:11 GMT, Jan Erik Frithjofsen <jefrithjofsen@rocketmail.com> wrote: > Is there a way to do this? Or do I have to keep my old mail-client to > have access to my mail archives? > > Best Regards > Jan Erik Frithjofsen > If you are using Outlook2002 with MsExchange and therefore Windows Messaging (aka MAPI) then I have a utility (PM2MSM32) you may be interested in. To migrate Eudora messages,...

Using Pegasus Mail from multiple computers; archiving mail folders
I currently use Pegasus Mail for Windows (XP Professional) from my laptop. I put the mail in a root directory c:\Mail. I am thinking of adding a desktop computer and using my existing laptop much less frequently; I would copy over c:\Mail to a drive on the desktop that could be shared, say d:\Mail, and have a few questions: * I know I'd have to edit pmail.ini to point to d:\Mail . * When I am local and able to access d:\Mail, there should be no problem as long as I have only one client open at a time, I believe. But say that I am remote, perhaps on a trip, and want to use Pegas...

Pegasus Mail and Windows administrator privileges
Hi Group I have used Pegasus Mail under Win98 since several years and I'm happy with it. Now I have a new WinXP machine and want to reinstall. I have the following problem: I tried Pegasus v421c. It seems it only works if the user has the Windows administrator privileges (XP Home Edition SP2). Is this the normal behavior ? I am quite surprised with this. Thanks a lot. I am running WinPmail 4.21 with restricted user privileges on Windows 2000 and as a main user with Windows XP Pro without having any problems and changing any settings. I think, it would be most important,...

Web resources about - Pegasus Mail with Exchange problems - comp.pegasus-mail.windows

Medium of exchange - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A medium of exchange is an intermediary used in trade to avoid the inconveniences of a pure barter system. By contrast, as William Stanley Jevons ...

App Store app prices going up in Canada, New Zealand and 5 more countries due to exchange rate fluctuations ...
... price changes roll out to the App Store in affected countries over the next three days. Apple adjusts prices periodically in response to exchange ...

Yahoo Now Offers Native Ads via BrightRoll Exchange
Yahoo announced Wednesday the availability of programmatic native advertising through BrightRoll Exchange. Advertisers using the BrightRoll ...

Friday Recipe Exchange: What’s Cookin’ This Week
... here for the recipe for Dal with Red Lentils. I’ll feature more in the coming weeks and if you have recipes to share for the recipe exchange, ...

American prisoner exchange with Iran receiving mixed reviews - Videos - CBS News
From the White House to the campaign trail, the prisoner swap with Iran is getting mixed reviews. Julianna Goldman has more.

Iranians pardoned in prisoner exchange stay in U.S.
The U.S. government had readied a plane to take the seven Iranians pardoned in a recent prisoner exchange out of the country, but none of them ...

Feud Alert! Meek Mill and 50 Cent Exchange Insults, Accusations and Serious Shade on Social Media
50 Cent has found himself in yet another famous feud! We all remember the war of words between th...

Health Care Enrollment in Private Exchanges Rises
The research indicates that the growth of private health insurance exchanges continues to be fueled by midsize companies with 100 to 2,500 employees. ...

CBO Slashes 2016 Obamacare Exchange Enrollment Projections By 8 Million
... economic growth, employment, and the nation’s fiscal health. The most notable change was to enrollment in Obamacare’s health insurance exchanges. ...

Utah Police Officer, Suspect Dead in Gunfire Exchange
Utah police officer killed, second officer wounded and a suspect was killed in shooting near Salt Lake City