pegasus mail won't close

The past few days I have been encountering a problem when I try to
close PM. It hangs. I have to use task manager to close it after
getting the message about the program not responding. I ran ad-aware
right before this started and took off a bunch of adware files. I've
never had a problem with PM before and I've been using it for years. I
ran a system restore and that didn't help. I wonder if I deleted some
file needed to close it. Any help would be appreciated!
0
Lesa

Lesa wrote:

> The past few days I have been encountering a problem when I try
> to close PM. It hangs. I have to use task manager to close it
> after getting the message about the program not responding. I
> ran ad-aware right before this started and took off a bunch of
> adware files. I've never had a problem with PM before and I've
> been using it for years. I ran a system restore and that didn't
> help. I wonder if I deleted some file needed to close it. Any
> help would be appreciated!

Do you have any filters that take effect on closing Pegasus?  Try
deactivating them, and see if that helps.  If it does, perhaps you
can figure out which rule was causing problems.

Another thing to try is this:  Before you start Pegasus the next
time, use Windows Explorer to look in your Pegasus Mail directory for
files with a .CNM extension.  Those are your new mail messages.  Move
them temporarily to another directory.  Start Pegasus.  If you can
close it all right now, you know that Pegasus was choking on one of
those .CNM files.

--
Steve

My e-mail address works as is.
0
Stephen
8/28/2004 9:32:35 PM
On 28 Aug 2004 21:32:35 GMT, Stephen Hust <shNOSPAM@a1.net> wrote:

Thanks!  I'll try those things now.
Lesa

>Do you have any filters that take effect on closing Pegasus?  Try
>deactivating them, and see if that helps.  If it does, perhaps you
>can figure out which rule was causing problems.
>
>Another thing to try is this:  Before you start Pegasus the next
>time, use Windows Explorer to look in your Pegasus Mail directory for
>files with a .CNM extension.  Those are your new mail messages.  Move
>them temporarily to another directory.  Start Pegasus.  If you can
>close it all right now, you know that Pegasus was choking on one of
>those .CNM files.

0
Lesa

Pegasus Mail or Pegasus Mail as 'Admin'

Pegasus won't send mail
I transferred Pegasus Version 4.21c from a computer running Windows 98 first edition to one running Windows 98 second edition by copying all Pegasus related folders and maintaining the existing directory structure. It works fine except that when I try sending emails I get a message saying that there is a network or protocol error and the trace is "5: Connect failed, 274D." I sent a message similar to this to this news group last week but it seems to have disappeared while I was away for a few days. Don It happens that Don Johnston formulated : > I transferred Pe...

HTML mail won't display correctly in Pegasus
I've received this HTML mail, but can't see the HTML in Pegasus (4.41), only the picture attachement at the bottom. If I right click the message and select "Open message in web browser" nothing happens. Is it Pegasus, or is the code in the content header(s) wrongly formatted, or what? In case of the latter, I want to notify the sender and tell them what's wrong, as they are writing their own software. The code inside <html></html> displays fine in IE7 btw, if I copy it to a .html file and open it. ----=461A54ACCCBB4CB8856D_45FB_6055_FABE Con...

HTML mail won't display correctly in Pegasus #3
I've received this HTML mail, but can't see the HTML in Pegasus (4.41), only the picture attachement (see bottom of this post). If I right click the message and select "Open message in web browser" nothing happens. Is it Pegasus, or is the code in the content header(s) wrongly formatted, or what? In case of the latter, I want to notify the sender and tell them what's wrong, as they are writing their own software. The code inside <html></html> displays fine in IE7 btw, if I copy it to a .html file and open it. ----=461A54ACCCBB4CB8856D_45FB_6...

Re: HTML mail won't display correctly in Pegasus
I gave the html to Bearhtml to display, and I got a working page displayed, see attached. I suspect that the message structure is corrupted somehow. Please send me (irelam@telus.net) a copy of the original message and I will check it out Martin ============ On 23 Jul 2008 at 20:51, Rado wrote: > > > I've received this HTML mail, but can't see the HTML in Pegasus > (4.41), only the picture attachement (see bottom of this post). If I > right click the message and select "Open message in web browser" > nothing happens. Is it Pegasus, or is t...

Pegasus won't send mail when I use a lan card
Hi, I wonder if anyone can shed some light on a problem that I believe is to do with Pegasus rather than my hardware. I am using a cable modem which till recently was connected via USB. I decided to change this to ethernet as I am going to add a router soon. The problem is that when I use the Lan card (onboard Nvidia) everything but my outgoing email works. Having searched high a low for a solution I have to admit I'm stumped by this problem. Using XPpro's net diagnostics Pop and Smtp passed without problems. Pegasus gives me the following everytime it attempts to send...

HTML mail won't display correctly in Pegasus #2
I've received this HTML mail, but can't see the HTML in Pegasus (4.41), only the picture attachement at the bottom. If I right click the message and select "Open message in web browser" nothing happens. Is it Pegasus, or is the code in the content header(s) wrongly formatted, or what? In case of the latter, I want to notify the sender and tell them what's wrong, as they are writing their own software. The code inside <html></html> displays fine in IE7 btw, if I copy it to a .html file and open it. ----=461A54ACCCBB4CB8856D_45FB_6055_FABE Con...

Pegasus mail on windows 2000 doesn't start properly after reinstall
Hi there, I run windows 2000. Pegasus Mail was having weird problems with the signatures (They would appear empty in the edit window, and new signatures wouldn't show up under the messages) since an earlyer upgrade. So, I tried reinstalling Pegasus from a fresh download. Since then the program doesn't start up properly. It asks for a username and then starts to load, but after it starts opening the new mail folder it seems to hang. I tried giving it some time but after a few hours it's still not loading. Another thing I did prioor to reinstalling was enabling the spa...

Pegasus won't load
While trying to send a large (2 MB, not huge but larger than I normally send) attachment with Pegasus 421, I got an error message and the system crashed. Now after rebooting, I try to start Pegasus and get the message that the mailbox appears to be locked by another process. I click "continue" since I just rebooted, so I know it's not already running. It gets as far as "opening new mail folder" and stalls there - nothing more happens. The program doesn't load at all. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but no joy. Any assistance would be gr...

Mail won't check mail
Ihad a difficulty yesterday, and after I recovered, I found that Mail won't check mail. I send an email from my .mac account to my earthlink account and mail will not retreive it. I checked my email using the web-email and found the mail there, and some mail from others. What could cause Mail to stop retreiving mail? How can I fix it? Thanks, AndyD In article <1grf1p0.1m0bixe1503zn4N%andyda@earthlink.net>, Andy Dannelley <andyda@earthlink.net> wrote: > Ihad a difficulty yesterday, and after I recovered, I found that Mail > won't check mail. > > I send ...

Mail won't send from Mail
I have a bunch of old mail stuck in my outbox. I didn't go out the first time because of a connection problem. Well, now it's been there for three weeks. How the heck do I send it? Maury Maury Markowitz <maury_markowitz@hotmail.com> wrote: > I have a bunch of old mail stuck in my outbox. I didn't go out the first > time because of a connection problem. Well, now it's been there for > three weeks. How the heck do I send it? "A connection problem" is _somewhat_ vague, you know. ;-) You'll have to be a _little_ more specific than that, I think, ...

Mail merge doesn't mail and/or doesn't merge
Mail merge doesn't mail and/or doesn't merge With me at least it doesn't. We are getting too many false positives on our bcc-mailing lists, so I decided to give the mail merge feature in PM 4.41 a go. The goal was to simultaneously send messages addressed to multiple recipients. I made a csv file containing nine of my own addresses in a column called ~kemail~, made this the data file, checked the box for the first field to be the fieldname and sent the email with the string ~kemail~ in the address box. I also attached a pdf file. PM reported a successful transaction, b...

mail to: url won't open new mail
Eudora 6.0. When I click on an email link on a webpage I automatically go to a blank Eudora - but it does not open a new email message with the address in place like it used to. Is there some setting I should know about to have Eudora start the message automatically? ...

Can't open Pegasus Mail
Disaster! I can't even open PMail! According to the prompt, that's due to the uninstalling of the driver of an old printer I didn't use anymore. The messages, as the matter of facts, are: "Error initialing the printer" and "Error creating fonts". How can I fix that? Provided that I find the CD driver (hard!) everything will be ok? Other ways? Thanks in advance. Roberto "Roberto" <roberto.1.schenone@gmail.com> wrote: > Disaster! I can't even open PMail! According to the prompt, > that's due to the uninstalling of the d...

Web resources about - pegasus mail won't close - comp.pegasus-mail.windows