Pegasus V4.63

Been using various versions of Pegasus since 1995 ( on win 3.11).
Am now on V4.63 and win XP pro and have been for about 18 months.

Up until about a month ago my address book was sorted on the key.
It always opened up in that state on starting Pegasus.

Now it always opens up sorted on the name.
I have not changed any setting to my knowledge that would cause this.

I change it back to the key and save it but on the next startup of
Pegasus it's sorted on the name again.

Does anyone in this group know what would cause this and how to fix it
please.

Cheers,
                Phil H.

0
phil_irene

Am 05.06.2013, 01:42 Uhr, schrieb phil <phil_irene@inspire.net.nz>:

> Been using various versions of Pegasus since 1995 ( on win 3.11).
> Am now on V4.63 and win XP pro and have been for about 18 months.
>
> Up until about a month ago my address book was sorted on the key.
> It always opened up in that state on starting Pegasus.
>
> Now it always opens up sorted on the name.
> I have not changed any setting to my knowledge that would cause this.
>
> I change it back to the key and save it but on the next startup of
> Pegasus it's sorted on the name again.

Unfortunately sorting by key is broken for a while (don't remember the
version it started with), there's nothing you can do about it, sorry.

					Michael

--
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
PGP Plugin for Pegasus Mail: <http://www.pmpgp.de/pmpgp/>

It  seems that all later versions have this sort problem, at least for
me.
Cheers,
              Phil H.
0
phil_irene
6/5/2013 8:58:33 AM
Thanks Guys,
Problem solved.
I gradually dopped back versions till it worked.
Now on Ver 3.12c

It  seems that all later versions have this sort problem, at least for
me.
Cheers,
              Phil H.

0
phil_irene

Pegasus Mail or Pegasus Mail as 'Admin'

How do I import/transfer old mail folders to Pegasus V4 in Windows XP??
All my correspondence is in my mail folders in an old version of Pegasus. I got a new pc running Windows XP and installed the old hard drive containing all my files as a second drive, but I can't find out how to transfer or import my mail folders into Pegasus V4. Suggestions appreciated. I have recently gone thru the same exercise. Though my older version of Pegasus was not markedly older. I would think twice - or more - about doing this starting with a '3' version of Pegasus for example! In my case, I have Pegasus in C:\Prgram Files & the actual mail data on m...

PGP Extension for Pegasus Mail 6.2.7.0 [required for Pegasus Mail 4.5] released
Version 6.2.7.0 / 6-2009 (13.06.2009): ATTENTION: This update is required for the extension to work properly = with Pegasus Mail v4.5! The most important change is a new send option ("all in one message") = which may be selected via the entries beginning with "***" in the encryption dialog. Some minor adjustments to PGP 9.7 - 9.10, a new option for displaying the local time on Pegasus Mail's status bar and a way for synchronizing the system time with a timeserver are included as well. Additionally the following bugs have been fixed amongst others: - E...

Pegasus Mail 4.63
<http://www.pmail.com/v46x.htm> Michael -- PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B PGP Plugin for Pegasus Mail: <http://www.pmpgp.de/pmpgp/> S/MIME Fingerprint: 26 5c a3 60 02 c6 e3 8a 75 70 d5 6a 67 ff d3 8d b0 b5 5e 5b From: "Michael in der Wiesche" <---idw.doc---@t-online.de> > <http://www.pmail.com/v46x.htm> > > Michael > Danke Michael. -- Dave Multi-AV Scanning Tool - http://multi-av.thespykiller.co.uk http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp ...

Pegasus Mail V4.12 in German
Dear Group, Is there a German language module for Pegasus Mail V4.12 planned? If yes, when will it come out? Best wishes. Alexander ...

Configuring windows withiin Pegasus Mail
On Pegasus Mail 4.12a (version of Jun 19 2003) on Windows 2000 Pro, I used to get 3 windows: - list of messages in New Mail folder - list of folders - window onto whatever message was selected in first window Now I only get first two windows. If I unselect save desktop in Tools>Options>Basic Settings then I only get the first window (although ctrl-L gets me the second) and if I select it I get the first two (provided they were showing on my last session). How do I get all three and have them show up when I enter Pegasus? On 22 Dec 2003 08:30:49 -0800, ggrothendieck@v...

Set up of Pegasus Mail for Windows-Intranet
Hello, I am trying to set up Pegasus Mail for Windows on a MS Windows based network. The "server" machine or machine used to store the messages is on a Win98SE box. I ama bit confused in the setup of this system and have the following questions. 1. I have set up the Pegasus Mail on the "server" PC with no problems. It starts asking about SMTP and POP3 server. Do I need these? 2. Do I need Mercury? I am setting up a simply email system inhouse with about 5 or 6 users. There is and should be no connection to the outside Internet world through this email sys...

Pegasus Mail v4.21b released
The following announcement was just releaseed by David Harris: +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Pegasus Mail v4.21b is now available from our web site, http://www.pmail.com Please note that if you have previously installed Pegasus Mail v4.21a, a patch version is available at: http://www.pmail.com/patches.htm The patch version is about a third the size, but can *only* be used to upgrade an existing v4.21a installation. V4.21b has the following changes: * A problem where distribution lists containing a reply-to address would cause cra...

Pegasus Mail and Windows administrator privileges
Hi Group I have used Pegasus Mail under Win98 since several years and I'm happy with it. Now I have a new WinXP machine and want to reinstall. I have the following problem: I tried Pegasus v421c. It seems it only works if the user has the Windows administrator privileges (XP Home Edition SP2). Is this the normal behavior ? I am quite surprised with this. Thanks a lot. I am running WinPmail 4.21 with restricted user privileges on Windows 2000 and as a main user with Windows XP Pro without having any problems and changing any settings. I think, it would be most important,...

Pegasus v4.12 Slow in Deleting Mail
Hi All, Just switched to v4.12 from v4.01 (and from NT4 to Win 2K) and I'm finding the new version excessively slow -particularly when loading messages on atsrtup and deleting. In v4.01, I could select a block of emailas and click DELETE and they'd be gone in a second or 2. Now, it takes approx 1 second per message to delete them ! Clearly, for mailing lists with deverl hundred messages, this can take more than a couple of minutes !! Anyone have any ideas ? As a registered user of Pagasus, I've been tryin got contact their technical support on other issues a...

Setting up Pegasus Mail for Windows for intranet use only
Hello, I am trying to set up Pegasus Mail for Windows on a MS Windows based network. The "server" machine or machine used to store the messages is on a Win98SE box. I am a bit confused in the setup of this system and have the following questions. 1. I have set up the Pegasus Mail on the "server" PC with no problems. It starts asking about SMTP and POP3 server. Do I need these? 2. Do I need Mercury? I am setting up a simply email system inhouse with about 5 or 6 users. There is and should be no connection to the outside Internet world through this email sy...

Pegasus Mail v4.21c, Network Configuration.
Hi to all, I am a newbee. The message below I had posted to the Pegasus Forum which for inexplicable reasons can not access anymore??!! (The website is just not responding). My technical skills are fairly limited and require your kind assistance in enabling the automatic receipt of e-mail messages and the forward/send e-mail message function. System Information:- Platform: OS Microsoft Win32 XPPro Version 5.12600 SP2 Build 2600 Processor: x86 Family 15 Model 3 Stepping 4 GenuineIntel ~2400Mhz, Pentium4 MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00, Total Physical Memory 512MB Microsoft .NET ...

Windows Live SMTP access with Pegasus Mail
As of today, Windows Live Hotmail allows free Hotmail account access via SMTP. The server information is: smtp.live.com:587 The MS clients (Outlook (prior to 2007), Outlook Express, Windows Mail, and Windows Live Mail) reportedly work by setting the client to use SSL. I have tested this with MS Outlook Express 6, and it works. MS Outlook 2007 reportedly works using TLS. I have not tested this, because I don't have a copy of MS Outlook 2007. Mozilla Thunderbird 2.0.0.19, and SeaMonkey 1.1.14 both also work, using TLS. However, setting 'smtp.live.com:587' with START...

Pegasus Mail v4.21a is now officially released
Here is the release announcement from David Harris. +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Pegasus Mail v4.21a is now available from our official download sites. Please go to - http://www.pmail.com/downloads.htm for the site nearest you. An overview of the new features in v4.21a is available at - http://www.pmail.com/v4_release.htm Quite a range of things has been fixed in the period between the release of the v4.21 public beta and this release - my thanks to everyone who took the time to send reports to our beta reporting address. I plan to put...

Web resources about - Pegasus V4.63 - comp.pegasus-mail.windows

Pegasus (rocket) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... Three main stages burning solid propellant provide the thrust. It flies as a rocket-powered aircraft before leaving the atmosphere. The Pegasus ...

Pegasus (@pegasustreet) on Twitter

Pegasus In The Rough - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
The #3 KC-46 out in the fuel dock and receiving more work for the flight test program before she takes flight. ©2014 Paul Carter All Rights Reserved ...

ASUS Pegasus X002 teaser - YouTube
More China phones, tablet and other gadgets news and review, please visit: http://www.gizmochina.com Follow us Facebook: https://www.faceboo ...

Canberra's Pegasus riding school hopes tack sale will help troubled finances
Canberra's much loved disabled riding school is holding its first ever tack and&nbsp;treasure fundraiser as it faces looming financial uncertainties. ...

The Complex Identity of the Archetypal Hero: A Fictional Treatise with Unicorn Pegasus Kittens
... John Scalzi announced a contest for stories describing this image , which shows ex-Star-Trek star Wil Wheaton riding a winged unicorn pegasus ...

ASUS unveils the Pegasus 2 Plus smartphone – 5.5-inch display, 3GB of RAM, 13MP camera
ASUS on Saturday announced a new smartphone called the Pegasus 2 Plus X550, which brings some decent specifications to the table for what will ...

modern combat 2: black pegasus Articles - AppAdvice iPhone/iPad News
Latest modern combat 2: black pegasus Articles - AppAdvice iPhone/iPad News

Free Download Asphalt 6 Adrenaline and Modern Combat 2 Black Pegasus
Free Download Asphalt 6 Adrenaline and Modern Combat 2 Black Pegasus BerryReview Not so much with Robert Scoble in particular, but with Silicon ...

Pegasus Warning releasing EP, playing NYC tonight
by Andrew Sacher Pegasus Warning at Brooklyn Bowl in October (more by Sarah Gainer) Pegasus Warning (aka NYC musician Guillermo E. Brown) is ...