Pegasus won't send mail when I use a lan card

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can shed some light on a problem that I believe is
to do with Pegasus rather than my hardware.

I am using a cable modem which till recently was connected via USB. I
decided to change this to ethernet as I am going to add a router soon.
The problem is that when I use the Lan card (onboard Nvidia)
everything but my outgoing email works. Having searched high a low for
a solution I have to admit I'm stumped by this problem.

Using XPpro's net diagnostics Pop and Smtp passed without problems.

Pegasus gives me the following everytime it attempts to send outgoing
mail:

"Connection timeout (server not responding)"

The following was copied from the dialogue box.

[*] Connection established to 89.101.210.21
>> 0024 220 ESMTP server ready
<< 0020 EHLO [55.129.1.48]
<< 0046 MAIL FROM:<myemail@ntlworld.com> SIZE=2177
<< 0040 RCPT TO:<recp@addonsworld.co.uk>
>> 0049 250 Recipient <recp@addonsworld.co.uk> Ok
<< 0006 DATA
>> 0044 354 Ok Send data ending with <CRLF>.<CRLF>
7: Socket read error 2745.

To me it's not particularly logical why I can't send email out when
everything else works fine.

Needless to say connecting the modem back to USB everything works
fine.

If anyone has any knowledge of this kind of problem or can offer up a
suggestion or two, I'd be grateful.

A man without Lysa is only half a man!

VISTA - Doesn't trust you
http://badvista.fsf.org/
0
Jaws

Jaws wrote:

> I wonder if anyone can shed some light on a problem that I believe
> is to do with Pegasus rather than my hardware.

This is funny, because you change hardware and then discount the
possibility that hardware is the culprit.

> I am using a cable modem which till recently was connected via
> USB. I decided to change this to ethernet as I am going to add a
> router soon. The problem is that when I use the Lan card (onboard
> Nvidia) everything but my outgoing email works. Having searched
> high a low for a solution I have to admit I'm stumped by this
> problem.

Go in the NIC configuration...

Disable "checksum offload" in advanced optimization
(or something similar)

--
            url=http://guysalias.batcave.net/pgpkeys.txt
0

Pegasus Mail or Pegasus Mail as 'Admin'

Pegasus won't send mail
I transferred Pegasus Version 4.21c from a computer running Windows 98 first edition to one running Windows 98 second edition by copying all Pegasus related folders and maintaining the existing directory structure. It works fine except that when I try sending emails I get a message saying that there is a network or protocol error and the trace is "5: Connect failed, 274D." I sent a message similar to this to this news group last week but it seems to have disappeared while I was away for a few days. Don It happens that Don Johnston formulated : > I transferred Pe...

Mail won't send from Mail
I have a bunch of old mail stuck in my outbox. I didn't go out the first time because of a connection problem. Well, now it's been there for three weeks. How the heck do I send it? Maury Maury Markowitz <maury_markowitz@hotmail.com> wrote: > I have a bunch of old mail stuck in my outbox. I didn't go out the first > time because of a connection problem. Well, now it's been there for > three weeks. How the heck do I send it? "A connection problem" is _somewhat_ vague, you know. ;-) You'll have to be a _little_ more specific than that, I think, ...

Pegasus won't send email when my modem is connected via a LAN card but has no problem if via USB!
Hi, I wonder if anyone can shed some light on a problem that I believe is to do with Pegasus rather than my hardware. I am using a cable modem which till recently was connected via USB. I decided to change this to ethernet as I am going to add a router soon. The problem is that when I use the Lan card (onboard Nvidia) everything but my outgoing email works. Having searched high a low for a solution I have to admit I'm stumped by this problem. Using XPpro's net diagnostics Pop and Smtp passed without problems. Pegasus gives me the following everytime it attempts to send...

can't send mail using mail()
hello, i am new to sending mail with php. the first function i tried is the mail(). when i passed the required parameters (to, message,subject), the apache error log said that the parameters are uninitialised. but the parameters already had value. do you know what is wrong? thank you fasisi wrote: > hello, > > i am new to sending mail with php. the first function i tried is the > mail(). when i passed the required parameters (to, message,subject), > the apache error log said that the parameters are uninitialised. but > the parameters already had value. > > do you ...

pegasus mail won't close
The past few days I have been encountering a problem when I try to close PM. It hangs. I have to use task manager to close it after getting the message about the program not responding. I ran ad-aware right before this started and took off a bunch of adware files. I've never had a problem with PM before and I've been using it for years. I ran a system restore and that didn't help. I wonder if I deleted some file needed to close it. Any help would be appreciated! Lesa wrote: > The past few days I have been encountering a problem when I try > to close PM. It hangs. ...

Can't send mail using Mail.app, but can with Thunderbird
Hello, I am having one heck of a time, and it's killing me. I am new to the world of OS X but am adapting well, with one exception - Mail. Here's the deal. Using Thunderbird, I can send mail out with password authentication. I can send it via port 25 normally or via port 465 via SSL. I can also telnet to port 25 and see the standard email connection, and I can even fake it out using the proper sequence of commands. I can telnet to port 465, although since that's SSL I can't easily fake key negotiation or anything like that - but, it does establish a connection. However, Mai...

HTML mail won't display correctly in Pegasus
I've received this HTML mail, but can't see the HTML in Pegasus (4.41), only the picture attachement at the bottom. If I right click the message and select "Open message in web browser" nothing happens. Is it Pegasus, or is the code in the content header(s) wrongly formatted, or what? In case of the latter, I want to notify the sender and tell them what's wrong, as they are writing their own software. The code inside <html></html> displays fine in IE7 btw, if I copy it to a .html file and open it. ----=461A54ACCCBB4CB8856D_45FB_6055_FABE Con...

Pegasus Mail freezes when sending mail
Hello, We have Pegasus Mail version 4.41 set up on a Windows Network. The programs are run in workstation mode so that they are running the executables off the network. We are using a roaming profile. We have one particular computer that intermittently freezes up when sending mail. This workstation is a Windows XP Professional SP2 machine. The program becomes unresponsive (eternal hourglass), and even manually ending the program from task manager won't work. The person using this workstation tells me it seems to happen more when replying to messsages from a user than when ...

HTML mail won't display correctly in Pegasus #3
I've received this HTML mail, but can't see the HTML in Pegasus (4.41), only the picture attachement (see bottom of this post). If I right click the message and select "Open message in web browser" nothing happens. Is it Pegasus, or is the code in the content header(s) wrongly formatted, or what? In case of the latter, I want to notify the sender and tell them what's wrong, as they are writing their own software. The code inside <html></html> displays fine in IE7 btw, if I copy it to a .html file and open it. ----=461A54ACCCBB4CB8856D_45FB_6...

HTML mail won't display correctly in Pegasus #2
I've received this HTML mail, but can't see the HTML in Pegasus (4.41), only the picture attachement at the bottom. If I right click the message and select "Open message in web browser" nothing happens. Is it Pegasus, or is the code in the content header(s) wrongly formatted, or what? In case of the latter, I want to notify the sender and tell them what's wrong, as they are writing their own software. The code inside <html></html> displays fine in IE7 btw, if I copy it to a .html file and open it. ----=461A54ACCCBB4CB8856D_45FB_6055_FABE Con...

Pegasus won't dial on its own now that I am using Windows XP
This topic was discussed, before and the reference is http://groups.google.ie/group/comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows/browse_thread/thread/5366485d91d2cf32/33663d3f6957bea%2333663d3f6957bea I just upgraded my computer from Windows 98SE to Windows XP Home Edition with Service Pack 2. I also upgraded to Pegasus Mail version 4.41 at about the same time. I used to be able to call up Pegasus on Windows 98SE and click on the "send all queued mail" or "check your POP3 host for new mail" icon and the Windows dialer would come up and be ready to dial as soon as I clicke...

Re: HTML mail won't display correctly in Pegasus
I gave the html to Bearhtml to display, and I got a working page displayed, see attached. I suspect that the message structure is corrupted somehow. Please send me (irelam@telus.net) a copy of the original message and I will check it out Martin ============ On 23 Jul 2008 at 20:51, Rado wrote: > > > I've received this HTML mail, but can't see the HTML in Pegasus > (4.41), only the picture attachement (see bottom of this post). If I > right click the message and select "Open message in web browser" > nothing happens. Is it Pegasus, or is t...

Pegasus mail on windows 2000 doesn't start properly after reinstall
Hi there, I run windows 2000. Pegasus Mail was having weird problems with the signatures (They would appear empty in the edit window, and new signatures wouldn't show up under the messages) since an earlyer upgrade. So, I tried reinstalling Pegasus from a fresh download. Since then the program doesn't start up properly. It asks for a username and then starts to load, but after it starts opening the new mail folder it seems to hang. I tried giving it some time but after a few hours it's still not loading. Another thing I did prioor to reinstalling was enabling the spa...

Web resources about - Pegasus won't send mail when I use a lan card - comp.pegasus-mail.windows