Pegasus won't send mail

I transferred Pegasus Version 4.21c from a computer running Windows 98 first
edition to one running Windows 98 second edition by copying all Pegasus
related folders and maintaining the existing directory structure. It works
fine except that when I try sending emails I get a message saying that there
is a network or protocol error and the trace is "5: Connect failed, 274D."

I sent a message similar to this to this news group last week but it seems
to have disappeared  while I was away for a few days.

Don

0
Don

It happens that Don Johnston formulated :
> I transferred Pegasus Version 4.21c from a computer running Windows 98 first
> edition to one running Windows 98 second edition by copying all Pegasus
> related folders and maintaining the existing directory structure. It works
> fine except that when I try sending emails I get a message saying that there
> is a network or protocol error and the trace is "5: Connect failed, 274D."
>
> I sent a message similar to this to this news group last week but it seems
> to have disappeared  while I was away for a few days.
>
> Don
Are you sure that in internet options your smtp server is correctly
configured?

--
Belges</a>

Nu speelt: Rolling Stones - Under My Thumb (AccuRadio presents: BRITISH INVASION -- Songs from the U.K. during the 60s: Beatles, Stones, Hollies, Petula Clark, Zombies, Dave Clark Five)

0
Bernard
10/7/2005 10:46:04 AM
On 07 Oct 2005, "Bernard Mercier" <mercierb@not.yahoo.this.com>
wrote in news:mn.3afe7d5a4f95080d.6359@not.yahoo.this.com:

> Are you sure that in internet options your smtp server is
> correctly configured?

Even if you think they are, try re-doing them.

Now that you have the files moved, try re-installing over the current
installation.

Do you hve all patches installed for Win 98SE? It's been a log time
sinse I used that OS, but I think I recall that there were a couple of
TCP/IP updates.

0
Nil
10/7/2005 1:11:35 PM
"Nil" <rednoise@REMOVETHIScomcast.net> wrote in message
> On 07 Oct 2005, "Bernard Mercier" <mercierb@not.yahoo.this.com>
> wrote in news:mn.3afe7d5a4f95080d.6359@not.yahoo.this.com:
>
> > Are you sure that in internet options your smtp server is
> > correctly configured?
>
> Even if you think they are, try re-doing them.
>
> Now that you have the files moved, try re-installing over the current
> installation.
>
> Do you hve all patches installed for Win 98SE? It's been a log time
> sinse I used that OS, but I think I recall that there were a couple of
> TCP/IP updates.

I  have tried all of these suggestions and I am still having the same
problem. I am not having any problems sending mail with Outlook Express.

0
Don
10/8/2005 11:41:44 PM
On 08 Oct 2005, "Don Johnston" <admin@learnrapidly.com> wrote in

> I  have tried all of these suggestions and I am still having the
> same problem. I am not having any problems sending mail with
> Outlook Express.

I found a few references to "error 274D", such as:

"274D -10061 WSAECONNREFUSED: No connection could be made because the
target machine actively refused it"

"274D (WSAECONNREFUSED) - The attempt to connect was forcefully
rejected. Usually displayed 'Connection refused by host'.

This implies to me that your mail server doesn't like the way you are
logging in. Did you actually remove or disable the old and recreate a
new host connection in Tools > Internet Mail Options > Sending (SMTP)?
Are you sure you have the correct name and password indicated, if
needed? What are the settings on the security tab? Are you sure they
are correct?

Are you using a proxy server or application, such as an email virus
scanner spam filter?
0
Nil
10/9/2005 2:19:32 PM
> On 08 Oct 2005, "Don Johnston" <admin@learnrapidly.com> wrote in
>
> > I  have tried all of these suggestions and I am still having the
> > same problem. I am not having any problems sending mail with
> > Outlook Express.
>
> I found a few references to "error 274D", such as:
>
> "274D -10061 WSAECONNREFUSED: No connection could be made because the
> target machine actively refused it"
>
> "274D (WSAECONNREFUSED) - The attempt to connect was forcefully
> rejected. Usually displayed 'Connection refused by host'.
>
> This implies to me that your mail server doesn't like the way you are
> logging in. Did you actually remove or disable the old and recreate a
> new host connection in Tools > Internet Mail Options > Sending (SMTP)?
> Are you sure you have the correct name and password indicated, if
> needed? What are the settings on the security tab? Are you sure they
> are correct?
>
> Are you using a proxy server or application, such as an email virus
> scanner spam filter?

I managed to fix the problem by shutting down my anti-virus software
(PC-cillin). Just stopping it from scanning outgoing emails wasn't
sufficient. Any idea where the problem might be (PC-cillin or Pegasus)?

Don

0
Don
10/10/2005 7:22:01 AM
Don Johnston wrote on 10 okt 2005 in comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows:

> I managed to fix the problem by shutting down my anti-virus software
> (PC-cillin). Just stopping it from scanning outgoing emails wasn't
> sufficient. Any idea where the problem might be (PC-cillin or Pegasus)?

The second part of the test is shutting down Pegasus
and leaving PC-cillin on.

If the mails are not sent, the problem must be PC-cillin.

;-}

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

Evertjan
10/10/2005 1:19:35 PM
On 10 Oct 2005, "Don Johnston" <admin@learnrapidly.com> wrote in

> I managed to fix the problem by shutting down my anti-virus
> software (PC-cillin). Just stopping it from scanning outgoing
> emails wasn't sufficient. Any idea where the problem might be
> (PC-cillin or Pegasus)?

I don't know PC-cillin, but I'm sure that's where the problem lies.
It's either has some incompatibility with Pegasus, or you have
something set wrong. Unless someone here knows the product well enough
to give you a better answer, you should check around Trend Micro's
knowedge base or ask their support.

Personally, I think scanning outgoing email is a waste of resources.
I'm careful enough about what comes onto my computer that I'm confident
that nothing bad is going out via email. I do run a resident virus
scanner, so that should catch everything that I haven't already. Of
course, there's always the possibility, but in my case, it's very
unlikely.
0
Nil
10/10/2005 2:47:47 PM
On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 20:22:01 +1300, "Don Johnston" <admin@learnrapidly.com>
wrote:

>I managed to fix the problem by shutting down my anti-virus software
>(PC-cillin). Just stopping it from scanning outgoing emails wasn't
>sufficient. Any idea where the problem might be (PC-cillin or Pegasus)?

This has happened with some other antiviruses as well, such as Norton and
McAfee.  As far as I know, the problem was always fixed by either enabling
SSL or disabling scanning of outgoing mail.

mady
0
mady

Pegasus Mail or Pegasus Mail as 'Admin'

Pegasus won't send mail when I use a lan card
Hi, I wonder if anyone can shed some light on a problem that I believe is to do with Pegasus rather than my hardware. I am using a cable modem which till recently was connected via USB. I decided to change this to ethernet as I am going to add a router soon. The problem is that when I use the Lan card (onboard Nvidia) everything but my outgoing email works. Having searched high a low for a solution I have to admit I'm stumped by this problem. Using XPpro's net diagnostics Pop and Smtp passed without problems. Pegasus gives me the following everytime it attempts to send...

Mail won't send from Mail
I have a bunch of old mail stuck in my outbox. I didn't go out the first time because of a connection problem. Well, now it's been there for three weeks. How the heck do I send it? Maury Maury Markowitz <maury_markowitz@hotmail.com> wrote: > I have a bunch of old mail stuck in my outbox. I didn't go out the first > time because of a connection problem. Well, now it's been there for > three weeks. How the heck do I send it? "A connection problem" is _somewhat_ vague, you know. ;-) You'll have to be a _little_ more specific than that, I think, ...

pegasus mail won't close
The past few days I have been encountering a problem when I try to close PM. It hangs. I have to use task manager to close it after getting the message about the program not responding. I ran ad-aware right before this started and took off a bunch of adware files. I've never had a problem with PM before and I've been using it for years. I ran a system restore and that didn't help. I wonder if I deleted some file needed to close it. Any help would be appreciated! Lesa wrote: > The past few days I have been encountering a problem when I try > to close PM. It hangs. ...

HTML mail won't display correctly in Pegasus
I've received this HTML mail, but can't see the HTML in Pegasus (4.41), only the picture attachement at the bottom. If I right click the message and select "Open message in web browser" nothing happens. Is it Pegasus, or is the code in the content header(s) wrongly formatted, or what? In case of the latter, I want to notify the sender and tell them what's wrong, as they are writing their own software. The code inside <html></html> displays fine in IE7 btw, if I copy it to a .html file and open it. ----=461A54ACCCBB4CB8856D_45FB_6055_FABE Con...

Pegasus Mail freezes when sending mail
Hello, We have Pegasus Mail version 4.41 set up on a Windows Network. The programs are run in workstation mode so that they are running the executables off the network. We are using a roaming profile. We have one particular computer that intermittently freezes up when sending mail. This workstation is a Windows XP Professional SP2 machine. The program becomes unresponsive (eternal hourglass), and even manually ending the program from task manager won't work. The person using this workstation tells me it seems to happen more when replying to messsages from a user than when ...

HTML mail won't display correctly in Pegasus #3
I've received this HTML mail, but can't see the HTML in Pegasus (4.41), only the picture attachement (see bottom of this post). If I right click the message and select "Open message in web browser" nothing happens. Is it Pegasus, or is the code in the content header(s) wrongly formatted, or what? In case of the latter, I want to notify the sender and tell them what's wrong, as they are writing their own software. The code inside <html></html> displays fine in IE7 btw, if I copy it to a .html file and open it. ----=461A54ACCCBB4CB8856D_45FB_6...

Re: HTML mail won't display correctly in Pegasus
I gave the html to Bearhtml to display, and I got a working page displayed, see attached. I suspect that the message structure is corrupted somehow. Please send me (irelam@telus.net) a copy of the original message and I will check it out Martin ============ On 23 Jul 2008 at 20:51, Rado wrote: > > > I've received this HTML mail, but can't see the HTML in Pegasus > (4.41), only the picture attachement (see bottom of this post). If I > right click the message and select "Open message in web browser" > nothing happens. Is it Pegasus, or is t...

HTML mail won't display correctly in Pegasus #2
I've received this HTML mail, but can't see the HTML in Pegasus (4.41), only the picture attachement at the bottom. If I right click the message and select "Open message in web browser" nothing happens. Is it Pegasus, or is the code in the content header(s) wrongly formatted, or what? In case of the latter, I want to notify the sender and tell them what's wrong, as they are writing their own software. The code inside <html></html> displays fine in IE7 btw, if I copy it to a .html file and open it. ----=461A54ACCCBB4CB8856D_45FB_6055_FABE Con...

Pegasus won't load
While trying to send a large (2 MB, not huge but larger than I normally send) attachment with Pegasus 421, I got an error message and the system crashed. Now after rebooting, I try to start Pegasus and get the message that the mailbox appears to be locked by another process. I click "continue" since I just rebooted, so I know it's not already running. It gets as far as "opening new mail folder" and stalls there - nothing more happens. The program doesn't load at all. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but no joy. Any assistance would be gr...

Pegasus mail on windows 2000 doesn't start properly after reinstall
Hi there, I run windows 2000. Pegasus Mail was having weird problems with the signatures (They would appear empty in the edit window, and new signatures wouldn't show up under the messages) since an earlyer upgrade. So, I tried reinstalling Pegasus from a fresh download. Since then the program doesn't start up properly. It asks for a username and then starts to load, but after it starts opening the new mail folder it seems to hang. I tried giving it some time but after a few hours it's still not loading. Another thing I did prioor to reinstalling was enabling the spa...

Mail won't check mail
Ihad a difficulty yesterday, and after I recovered, I found that Mail won't check mail. I send an email from my .mac account to my earthlink account and mail will not retreive it. I checked my email using the web-email and found the mail there, and some mail from others. What could cause Mail to stop retreiving mail? How can I fix it? Thanks, AndyD In article <1grf1p0.1m0bixe1503zn4N%andyda@earthlink.net>, Andy Dannelley <andyda@earthlink.net> wrote: > Ihad a difficulty yesterday, and after I recovered, I found that Mail > won't check mail. > > I send ...

can't send mail using mail()
hello, i am new to sending mail with php. the first function i tried is the mail(). when i passed the required parameters (to, message,subject), the apache error log said that the parameters are uninitialised. but the parameters already had value. do you know what is wrong? thank you fasisi wrote: > hello, > > i am new to sending mail with php. the first function i tried is the > mail(). when i passed the required parameters (to, message,subject), > the apache error log said that the parameters are uninitialised. but > the parameters already had value. > > do you ...

Why won't Mail send?
I try sending a message but it goes right into the Outbox...no progress bar in the Activity Monitor, no audible "swish", Connection Doctor shows green dots for all accounts in/out... I quit Mail and re-launch, open the message and click SEND and it goes right away. Happening every time now, with dot.Mac, Yahoo and other POP accounts. Makes me wanna switch to Entourage (ugh). I've deleted my com.mail preferences, rebuilt my mailboxes but still no luck. Anyone had this issue before? In article <170520082231493311%melvin@nospam.net>, melvin <melvin@nospam.net> wrote:...

Web resources about - Pegasus won't send mail - comp.pegasus-mail.windows