Problem running Pegasus mail across a P-2-P network

When I try to launch my Pegasus mail program from my portable, the
splash screen flashes on and then nothing happens.

I have a home network including my desktop under Win2000 running across
a Linksys 54 Mb wireless connection and a portable (Win XP with a
*wired* connection) with my mail storage folder on the desktop and the
Pegasus PMail folders on drive C: on both.

After much fruitless faffing around with pmail.cfg and pmail.ini I
discovered that Pegasus ran OK if I first started Explorer and had
opened the mapped, shared 'Mail' folder.  A late look at the mapped
drive in Explorer showed that the drive was 'disconnected' although
double clicking on it launched the drive anyway!  I tried kick-starting
the connection by running a batch file (cmd dir f:\mail) on startup.  It
couldn't see the mapped drive.  I then tried putting a shortcut in the
portable's startup folder to open Explorer at f:\mail (explorer /n,
f:\mail).  This worked, allowing Pegasus to launch.

But it's a kludge and I would like to do this more elegantly.  Could
anyone tell me if this failure to open is
1.  a Windows quirk (in earlier versions there was a delayed log-on,
wasn't there?),
2.  a result of the wireless aspect of the network,
3.  even a Pegasus problem or
3.  something else.

Can this be fixed?

TIA
--
TestPilot
0

You could try deleting pmail.cfg and then pointing out your maildir in
the format \\machine\share\dir.

--
R.

0
Rein
10/13/2003 5:47:39 PM
testpilot wrote:

> I have a home network including my desktop under Win2000 running
> across a Linksys 54 Mb wireless connection and a portable (Win XP
> with a *wired* connection)
>

> A late look at the mapped drive in Explorer showed that the drive
> was 'disconnected'

See if this helps with the disconnecting drive:

<http://www.winguides.com/registry/display.php/194/>

--
Regards,
Guy

PGP Keys available here: <URL:http://guysalias.batcave.net/pgpkeys.txt>
0
Guy

Web resources about - Problem running Pegasus mail across a P-2-P network - comp.pegasus-mail.windows

LG admits G4 bootloop problem is a hardware fault, will repair affected devices
... a hardware defect and will repair affected devices. According to the numerous posts on various social platforms and YouTube, the bootloop problem ...

Problem
"The governments in Paris, London and Brussels have completely lost control, they are not able to maintain the rule of law and they are miserably ...

Russia says a growing problem in space could be enough to spark a war
... space junk grows so large that a single collision could set off a domino effect of increasingly more collisions. For Kessler, this is a problem ...

The problem with Trump's make-it-in-the-USA push
His calls for bringing factory jobs back and slapping stiff tariffs on foreign-made goods would cost Americans plenty

Cleveland police problem started at the top: Phillip Morris
cleveland.com Cleveland police problem started at the top: Phillip Morris cleveland.com In this file image, a prosecutor points out locations ...

Retail's Amazon.com problem
Amid Amazon's extended love affair with Wall Street, the rest of retail is getting hammered.

Hannity Teams Up With Rumsfeld To Blame Obama For Problems In Iraq
Of all people who should have no credibility on the subject of the Iraq war, it’s “We know where the WMDs in Iraq are” and “I doubt the war will ...

O’Malley Points Out Animals Don’t Have Employment Problems
'We're the only species on the planet without full employment'

Small town of Sebring, Ohio, also facing lead drinking water problems
Located four hours to the southeast of Flint, Michigan, there’s another town facing a potential lead crisis in its drinking water. Sebring, Ohio, ...