Problem with corrupted IMAP mail item

I'm using pmail 4.21c. While I had a particular email open in an IMAP
folder, my PC hung and I was forced to reboot. Upon re-entering pmail
and attaching the IMAP folder, this particular mail item has been
corrupted and I can no longer read it under pmail. However, when I use
a different mail client and open the mail folder, I CAN still read the
mail on the server, so it's not corrupted there.

I don't know how to "un-corrupt" the version of the mail that Pegasus
is looking at. Presumable pmail has something within it that is
preventing me re-reading the mail from the server so I can view it.
Any suggestions for clearing the problem?
0
tim

tim <my-invalid-address@non-existent.domain.invalid> wrote:

> I'm using pmail 4.21c. While I had a particular email open in an
> IMAP folder, my PC hung and I was forced to reboot. Upon
> re-entering pmail and attaching the IMAP folder, this particular
> mail item has been corrupted and I can no longer read it under
> pmail. However, when I use a different mail client and open the
> mail folder, I CAN still read the mail on the server, so it's
> not corrupted there.
>
> I don't know how to "un-corrupt" the version of the mail that
> Pegasus is looking at. Presumable pmail has something within it
> that is preventing me re-reading the mail from the server so I
> can view it. Any suggestions for clearing the problem?

An article at Google Groups about a perhaps similar problem mentions
using the folder options to clear the body cache, if that makes any
sense to you.  You might try it, if you haven't already.

--
Steve

My e-mail address works as is.
0
Stephen
8/8/2004 9:49:59 AM
On 8 Aug 2004 09:49:59 GMT, Stephen Hust wrote:

>An article at Google Groups about a perhaps similar problem mentions=20
>using the folder options to clear the body cache, if that makes any=20
>sense to you.  You might try it, if you haven't already.

It sounds promising. I'm not sure which "folder options". Can you give
me a link to the article?

0
tim
8/8/2004 10:27:36 AM
tim <my-invalid-address@non-existent.domain.invalid> wrote:

> On 8 Aug 2004 09:49:59 GMT, Stephen Hust wrote:

>> An article at Google Groups about a perhaps similar problem
>> mentions using the folder options to clear the body cache, if
>> that makes any sense to you.  You might try it, if you haven't
>> already.

> It sounds promising. I'm not sure which "folder options". Can
> you give me a link to the article?

Sure, though I'm afraid it doesn't go into any more detail than
that - and may not even be related to problem you're having.  I
still use version 3.12c, which doesn't have IMAP caching, so I
can't even try to find the option on my installation.

<http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=MPG.1b322f8183a87bae98991e%40news.lmf.ericsson.se>

or

<http://makeashorterlink.com/?Y34121009>

--
Steve

My e-mail address works as is.
0
Stephen
8/8/2004 12:14:30 PM
tim <my-invalid-address@non-existent.domain.invalid> wrote in

> On 8 Aug 2004 09:49:59 GMT, Stephen Hust wrote:
>
>>An article at Google Groups about a perhaps similar problem mentions
>>using the folder options to clear the body cache, if that makes any
>>sense to you.  You might try it, if you haven't already.
>
> It sounds promising. I'm not sure which "folder options". Can you
> give me a link to the article?

Right-click on the name of the folder in the folder tree list window
and choose "Folder Information" from the popup menu.  In the folder
information dialog box, click on both of the "Clear" buttons in the
"Local cache information section of the dialog box.

Cheers

Greg R. Broderick                 [rot13] terto@oynpxubyvb.qlaqaf.bet
                                  [rot13] tnalzrqr@fcrnxrnfl.arg
A. Top posters.
Greg

Odd problem MAIL and DECW$MAIL (sequential MAIL.MAI)
Alpha VMS 8.3 (ok, in fairness, this is after a disk problem, but bear with me !) My DECW$MAIL profile has 5 drawers. 3 of them point to other user's MAIL.MAI files. This worked fine for some time. Now, one of those user's mail files behaves badly. DOuble clicking on that drawer yields NOTHING. Right Click on the folder followed by "open in new window" crashes DEC$WINDOWS. From character cell mail, I can set file USRDIR:[user]MAIL.MAI and then perform DIR, read, and even delete with success. HOWEVER, DELETE takes a long time to complete but does complete. I can send...

Pegasus Mail or Pegasus Mail as 'Admin'

Mail 2.1, two PBG4s, synchronizing mail and mail problems
Here's the sitch: PBG4 w/broken screen, running an external (duh) Samsung monitor. This is my shop PB, it's currently masquerading as an immobile desktop. PBG4 all fixy-fix. Mostly keep at home, but also on the road. LaCie 320GB external Firewire drive. backup at shop (used Migration Assistant to copy the shop PB's system (10.4.7), apps, and docs to the FireWire drive) Two mail accounts -- one on each PB -- both of which accounts dump into Mail 2.1, on both PBs. With me so far? *I'm* already lost... Problem one: Is there a way -- besides signing up with .Mac -- that I ca...

problem to delete a mail in Mail
Hello i'm using Mail 1.2.5 i have a problem with a mail... when i select it, Mail is searching for something and it never stops... so i have to shut down Mail :( how can i configure Mail so that it won't display the content of the mail ? that way i think i will be able to delete the mail... thanks FabienM ...

Problem with mails from mailing lists
The details: A DMZ server with a real domain name and ip. Distro is Debian unstable, Sendmail version is 8.13.4 and kernel is 2.6.10. Server is also MX for the domain. All mail for the domain goes to 1 user and fetchmail POP3's the mail to the internal Exchange 2003 server. The config files: /etc/mail/sendmail.mc define(`_USE_ETC_MAIL_')dnl include(`/usr/share/sendmail/cf/m4/cf.m4')dnl VERSIONID(`$Id: sendmail.mc, v 8.12.11-5 2004-04-22 15:43:34 cowboy Exp $') OSTYPE(`debian')dnl DOMAIN(`debian-mta')dnl LOCAL_CONFIG FEATURE(`access_db',`hash -T<TMPF> /etc/...

problem to delete a mail in Mail
Hello i'm using Mail 1.2.5 i have a problem with a mail... when i select it, Mail is searching for something and it never stops... so i have to shut down Mail :( how can i configure Mail so that it won't display the content of the mail ? that way i think i will be able to delete the mail... thanks FabienM "FabienM" <FabienM@badadress.fr> writes: > how can i configure Mail so that it won't display the content of the mail ? > that way i think i will be able to delete the mail... double-click on the bar which seperates the list of messages from the body ...

Mail and imported mail in mail app

Mail junk mail filtering problem
I just started emailing photos from my cell phone to my home email address, but I'm finding that they all end up in the Junk folder. I added the email address to my Address Book. I have the preference set to exempt emails with sender from my Address Book. The Trust junk mail headers set by my ISP is off. I even have a rule that changes the color for all people that are in my Address Book. So these emails arrive color coded as being a known address, the from field actually shows my name from my address book, but still they keep showing up in my Junk email box. I've clicked Not J...

Yahoo mail problems
Hi, Noted that others have had problems with Yahoo mail. I sometimes simply do not receive emails - I am told they are sent, but I check my inbox, bulk and trash folder and they are nowhere to be found. This, though rarely, seems to happen with email sent from Latvian addresses - with .lv extension. Perhaps there might be some built in blocking in Yahoo mail? Funny thing is it is not constant - sometimes mail from an address will be delivered, and sometimes it won't. I see nothing in my filters that would cause the messages to fail to be delivered. I am even a paying user (yahoo mail p...

Problem with Mail,mail won�t send
My partner has a G4 with OS X 10.3.9. Recently lots of messages have refused to send from her Mail Outbox,resulting in the App beachballing/having to be ForceQuit. Sometimes she gets the following error message:- �This message could not be delivered and will remain in your Outbox until it can be delivered. Verify that you have addressed the msg correctly.Check smtp settings in Mail preferences and verify any advanced setup with your system administrator�. I�ve tried the following things:- Repair permissions Zap PRAM Rebuild Mailboxes Tried trashing Mail prefs but when she tries to log in agai...

Problem with mail.app not finding mail
I'm using Mail 4.1 on 10.6.1, and my wife is using Mail 2.1.3 on 10.4.11, so there's not an exact convergence. I have mine set up to get mail from our web host, and it works fine. I have Louise's set up to get mail from our Web host, and it doesn't work. My problem is that I have no clue how to diagnose the problem - which end it's on. As far as I can tell, I set both accounts up the same on our Web host (an external service, not run by us), and I've set both mail.app accounts up the same. How do I troubleshoot this? In article <231020091035146216%ralph@whitehous...

Pegasus Mail freezes when sending mail
Hello, We have Pegasus Mail version 4.41 set up on a Windows Network. The programs are run in workstation mode so that they are running the executables off the network. We are using a roaming profile. We have one particular computer that intermittently freezes up when sending mail. This workstation is a Windows XP Professional SP2 machine. The program becomes unresponsive (eternal hourglass), and even manually ending the program from task manager won't work. The person using this workstation tells me it seems to happen more when replying to messsages from a user than when ...

Pegasus Mail Problem
Problem: When I click on OPEN of any email or NEW MESSAGE, it takes over 30 seconds to open the window to view or create an email. I'm using version 4.21c but this problem also occurred with 4.12. Downloading and uploading functions are quick. These functions behave normally. I am using PMail on a new laptop with a wireless connection. One thing that I noticed was that whenever I open or create a new message, there is wireless traffic that is taking place. Once that traffic stops, the window will open for reading or editing. The traffic is definitely related to these...

Web resources about - Problem with corrupted IMAP mail item - comp.pegasus-mail.windows

The Man That Corrupted Hadleyburg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Chapter I Hadleyburg enjoys the reputation of being an “incorruptible” town known for its responsible, honest people that are trained to avoid ...

Corrupted Call - The Demonic Furby - YouTube
So a man named Milton, buys his obsese son a Furby doll. However what he soon finds out is that the Furby is a demon, who uses vulgar language ...

Dangerous liaisons: How George Alex and his gang corrupted the building industry
George Alex's ambition to control building construction in Australia was enabled by the backing of ruthless criminals, big building companies ...

Leaders of national political advisory body discuss expelling corrupted official
Leaders of national political advisory body discuss expelling corrupted official People's Daily Online 19 Chairman and vice chairpersons of ...

Apple is pushing out corrupted apps, remains silent on the matter
As highlighted by Instapaper developer Marco Arment, Apple appears to be pushing out corrupted updates that cause a number of apps to crash immediately ...

Now That Scalia Has Corrupted Kagan, What Progressive Pastime Should Kagan Make Scalia Do?
Scalia now has Kagan hunting defenseless animals. Great. His victory is nearly complete… Continue reading » Follow Above the Law on Twitter ...

Google introduces safety warnings for corrupted and modified Android software
... will be checked every single time the device boots, giving you a specific warning if the phone has been somehow tinkered with, or is corrupted. ...

Apple tells developers fix is coming for corrupted App Store
Developers were notified by Apple on Thursday that a fix is in the works for the corrupted iOS and Mac App Stores, some three days after a possible ...