Reformat (Ctrl-J) converts national characters to "?" on Win 8

Hi,
When I transferred my Pmail 4.41 installation to a Windows 8.1 machine, a f=
unny behaviour kicked in with Ctrl-J (quote reformat when replying). All no=
n-ASCII Polish characters always get converted to question marks. "=C3=B3" =
is left unchanged (as it often is, begin less Polish), but not any of: =C4=
=85=C4=87=C4=99=C5=82=C5=9B=C5=BC=C5=BA.

Here's what I have tried, to no joy:
- upgrading to Pmail 4.7
- fiddling with the display font (Arial, Arial CE, Arial Unicode MS)
- fiddling with the default encoding (normally UTF-8, tried ISO-8859-2 and =
Win-1250)
- removing the (legacy) files wpm-char.r, WPM-CHAR.RSC, wpm-lmtt.r, WPM-LMT=
T.RSC

None of the above seems to make the slightest difference.

I'm running a Polish distribution of Windows 8.1 Pro with English set as th=
e interface language.
In Pegasus, I use the plain text format in email messages with MIME and UTF=
-8 with 8-bit encoding.

Any pointes will be appreciated,

--=20
Robert
0
rlew

Windows 8 -- "disjointed" "schizophrenic"
The conclusion of the article on Windows 8... ~~ There are two franchises about which most folks who have known me for any duration of time will conclude I am a loyal fan, despite all the headaches and the miserable episodes. But between Windows 8 and the 2009 Star Trek movie, it is the latter which displays the greatest continuity with its predecessors. And that is saying something. There is a new, vast, and potentially loyal group of users who are just now being introduced to a higher plane of technology by way of tablets and multitouch PCs. If Microsoft seriously intends to meet the...

"""""""""ADD ME""""""""""

"out" and "in out"

why "::", not "."

"or" and "and"

"/a" is not "/a" ?

about "++" and "--"

"If then; if then;" and "If then; if;"

"my" and "our"

Hello Partners, How are you ? Please find the requirements below. Title: Database/ETL Developer Duration: 6 months Location: NY Exp: 7+ Locals preferred Database/ETL requirements (Mandatory) Candidate must have worked with financial instruments, preferably Mutual Funds but, Equities are also ok. PL/SQL - packages, Stored procs, Functions, Aggregate functions, Pipelined Functions Informatica 8.6 - especially complex mappings, complex maplets, complex workflows, transformations Oracle 10g/11g Unix/Linux shell scripting Database/ETL requirements (Optional) ...

a variable "a" and "window.a" ??
i saw a code refactorying onload event listener window.onloadListeners=new Array(); window.addOnLoadListener=function(listener) { window.onloadListeners[window.onloadListeners.length]=listener; } why declare the onloadListeners, addOnLoadListener below window? i think bare "afunc" and "window.afunc" are same thing and available both way. is there a difference? On Jan 26, 12:51 pm, "gg9h0st" <mn9h...@hotmail.com> wrote: > i saw a code refactorying onload event listener > > window.onloadListeners=new Array(); > window.addOnLoadListener=f...

Web resources about - Reformat (Ctrl-J) converts national characters to "?" on Win 8 - comp.pegasus-mail.windows