Reindex Addressbook

I am trying out Pegasus (under XP) and when having problems importing
address books from SeaMonkey, I have not yet found a way to find out more,
or make changes to, Pegasus addressdbooks.

A link to Reindex addressbook does nothing.   (What is a Reindex
addressbook?)

A link to Addressbook properties shows only a few things that affect
messages, nothing about the address book itself.

Any suggestions?

--
 JohnW-Mpls

0
JohnW

On 07 Jul 2012, JohnW-Mpls <johnwfa@comcast.net> wrote in
comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows:

> I am trying out Pegasus (under XP) and when having problems
> importing address books from SeaMonkey, I have not yet found a way
> to find out more, or make changes to, Pegasus addressdbooks.

What do you want to find out? What kind of "changes" do you want to
make?

Adding, editing, and deleting entries should be obvious, I think.

Importing address books is most reliable using tab-delimited text
format. You can add some test entries in Pegasus, then export as tab-
delimited text to see the exact format.

> A link to Addressbook properties shows only a few things that
> affect messages, nothing about the address book itself.
>
> Any suggestions?

I suggest you refine or narrow your question. It's too vague to answer
as is.
0
Nil
7/7/2012 11:42:44 PM
JohnW-Mpls wrote:

> What is a Reindex addressbook?

Addressbook is sorted by primary key (Name).
Sometimes when editing entries they will not be sorted correctly;
you may desire to force a reindex of the Primary key.

Before and after "Reindex addressbook" function:
http://i.imgur.com/3Dvb0.png

0
Guy
7/8/2012 4:32:27 AM
On Sat, 7 Jul 2012 23:42:44 +0000 (UTC), Nil
<rednoise@REMOVETHIScomcast.net> wrote:

>On 07 Jul 2012, JohnW-Mpls <johnwfa@comcast.net> wrote in
>comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows:
>
>> I am trying out Pegasus (under XP) and when having problems
>> importing address books from SeaMonkey, I have not yet found a way
>> to find out more, or make changes to, Pegasus addressdbooks.
>
>What do you want to find out? What kind of "changes" do you want to
>make?
>
>Adding, editing, and deleting entries should be obvious, I think.
>
>Importing address books is most reliable using tab-delimited text
>format. You can add some test entries in Pegasus, then export as tab-
>delimited text to see the exact format.
>
>> A link to Addressbook properties shows only a few things that
>> affect messages, nothing about the address book itself.
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>
>I suggest you refine or narrow your question. It's too vague to answer
>as is.

Thanks guys, your comments answered my question - Pegasus is not for me.

I'm using Mozilla's SeaMonkey and am spoiled by its address books.  Each
address record has over 10 fields and I can choose to display and sort on
any one field to help in selecting addresses for messages.  Fields include
things like name, email, alt email, dept, nickname, etc.  I'm also used to
having sub groups of addresses within an address book.

Ah well, Pegasus' versatility with messages themselves was attractive.

--
 JohnW-Mpls

0
JohnW

Pegasus Mail or Pegasus Mail as 'Admin'

Pegasus Mail and Windows administrator privileges
Hi Group I have used Pegasus Mail under Win98 since several years and I'm happy with it. Now I have a new WinXP machine and want to reinstall. I have the following problem: I tried Pegasus v421c. It seems it only works if the user has the Windows administrator privileges (XP Home Edition SP2). Is this the normal behavior ? I am quite surprised with this. Thanks a lot. I am running WinPmail 4.21 with restricted user privileges on Windows 2000 and as a main user with Windows XP Pro without having any problems and changing any settings. I think, it would be most important,...

Configuring windows withiin Pegasus Mail
On Pegasus Mail 4.12a (version of Jun 19 2003) on Windows 2000 Pro, I used to get 3 windows: - list of messages in New Mail folder - list of folders - window onto whatever message was selected in first window Now I only get first two windows. If I unselect save desktop in Tools>Options>Basic Settings then I only get the first window (although ctrl-L gets me the second) and if I select it I get the first two (provided they were showing on my last session). How do I get all three and have them show up when I enter Pegasus? On 22 Dec 2003 08:30:49 -0800, ggrothendieck@v...

Set up of Pegasus Mail for Windows-Intranet
Hello, I am trying to set up Pegasus Mail for Windows on a MS Windows based network. The "server" machine or machine used to store the messages is on a Win98SE box. I ama bit confused in the setup of this system and have the following questions. 1. I have set up the Pegasus Mail on the "server" PC with no problems. It starts asking about SMTP and POP3 server. Do I need these? 2. Do I need Mercury? I am setting up a simply email system inhouse with about 5 or 6 users. There is and should be no connection to the outside Internet world through this email sys...

Windows Live SMTP access with Pegasus Mail
As of today, Windows Live Hotmail allows free Hotmail account access via SMTP. The server information is: smtp.live.com:587 The MS clients (Outlook (prior to 2007), Outlook Express, Windows Mail, and Windows Live Mail) reportedly work by setting the client to use SSL. I have tested this with MS Outlook Express 6, and it works. MS Outlook 2007 reportedly works using TLS. I have not tested this, because I don't have a copy of MS Outlook 2007. Mozilla Thunderbird 2.0.0.19, and SeaMonkey 1.1.14 both also work, using TLS. However, setting 'smtp.live.com:587' with START...

Setting up Pegasus Mail for Windows for intranet use only
Hello, I am trying to set up Pegasus Mail for Windows on a MS Windows based network. The "server" machine or machine used to store the messages is on a Win98SE box. I am a bit confused in the setup of this system and have the following questions. 1. I have set up the Pegasus Mail on the "server" PC with no problems. It starts asking about SMTP and POP3 server. Do I need these? 2. Do I need Mercury? I am setting up a simply email system inhouse with about 5 or 6 users. There is and should be no connection to the outside Internet world through this email sy...

How to convert Pegasus mail from Netware to Windows Server 2003?
How to convert Pegasus mail from Netware to Windows Server 2003? We cannot read email by Pegasus in Windows after copy the email folder from Netware Server. Server information: The Mercury (NLM version 1.48) The Mercury (Win32 version 4.01a) ...

PGP Extension for Pegasus Mail 6.2.7.0 [required for Pegasus Mail 4.5] released
Version 6.2.7.0 / 6-2009 (13.06.2009): ATTENTION: This update is required for the extension to work properly = with Pegasus Mail v4.5! The most important change is a new send option ("all in one message") = which may be selected via the entries beginning with "***" in the encryption dialog. Some minor adjustments to PGP 9.7 - 9.10, a new option for displaying the local time on Pegasus Mail's status bar and a way for synchronizing the system time with a timeserver are included as well. Additionally the following bugs have been fixed amongst others: - E...

How to convert Pegasus mail from Netware to Windows Server 2003?
How to convert Pegasus mail from Netware to Windows Server 2003? We cannot read email by Pegasus in Windows after copy the email folder from Netware Server. Server information: The Mercury (NLM version 1.48) The Mercury (Win32 version 4.01a) ...

Setting up Pegasus Mail for Windows for intranet use only #2
Hello, I continue to have difficulties in setting up Pegasus Mail for use on a Microsoft Windows based network. I initially set up the software on a machine running Windows 98SE. The version I'm installing is 4.41a. It was my understanding that I can share the drive where Pegasus Mail (E:\PMAIL) is installed and simply have other workstations run this copy of the software without installing a separate version on any of the workstations. I do not want to have any Internet e-mail addresses (i.e. mike@mgi.com), but simply users like mike, jo, frank, chris, etc. I could not ...

Pegasus Mail for Windows reading PM Dos version mailboxes
Hello, We are considering going from the DOS based Pegasus Mail (we have version 3.4) to the Windows version of PM. Our mailboxes are currently stored on a Netware 3.12 server. There are about 10-15 mailboxes. Are there any issues that might be involved in converting or using both the DOS and Windows versions simultaneously? Two the two versions use the same mailbox format? TIA Mike McWhinney elja, Inc. On 2 Feb 2006 15:41:18 -0800, eljainc@sbcglobal.net <eljainc@sbcglobal.net> wrote: > stored on a Netware 3.12 server. There are about 10-15 mailboxes. Are > t...

How do I import/transfer old mail folders to Pegasus V4 in Windows XP??
All my correspondence is in my mail folders in an old version of Pegasus. I got a new pc running Windows XP and installed the old hard drive containing all my files as a second drive, but I can't find out how to transfer or import my mail folders into Pegasus V4. Suggestions appreciated. I have recently gone thru the same exercise. Though my older version of Pegasus was not markedly older. I would think twice - or more - about doing this starting with a '3' version of Pegasus for example! In my case, I have Pegasus in C:\Prgram Files & the actual mail data on m...

Pegasus mail on windows 2000 doesn't start properly after reinstall
Hi there, I run windows 2000. Pegasus Mail was having weird problems with the signatures (They would appear empty in the edit window, and new signatures wouldn't show up under the messages) since an earlyer upgrade. So, I tried reinstalling Pegasus from a fresh download. Since then the program doesn't start up properly. It asks for a username and then starts to load, but after it starts opening the new mail folder it seems to hang. I tried giving it some time but after a few hours it's still not loading. Another thing I did prioor to reinstalling was enabling the spa...

Pegasus Mail freezes when sending mail
Hello, We have Pegasus Mail version 4.41 set up on a Windows Network. The programs are run in workstation mode so that they are running the executables off the network. We are using a roaming profile. We have one particular computer that intermittently freezes up when sending mail. This workstation is a Windows XP Professional SP2 machine. The program becomes unresponsive (eternal hourglass), and even manually ending the program from task manager won't work. The person using this workstation tells me it seems to happen more when replying to messsages from a user than when ...

Locking up Windows User when accessing outlook exchange server with java mail class / Windows Nutzer gespeert nach dem Versuch auf OutlookExchange Folder zuzugreifen mit der java.mail class
{English} Hello, we have an exchange server here and I am pulling out the messages from the outlook folder to my database. That works fine. But there are some strange things happening. After a couple of times of testing the connection and opening the Store and the Folder, getting the messages, closing the Folder and closing the Store, my windows / outlook user gets locked. And I don't know why!!! Is it possible that i shouldn't have outlook started in the background? Beacause with the java.mail class I open the Folder in READ_WRITE mode that this interfears with outlook? Thx for ...

Web resources about - Reindex Addressbook - comp.pegasus-mail.windows

Smart Merge Pro - Duplicate Contacts Cleanup for addressbook, Facebook & Linkedin on the App Store on ...
Get Smart Merge Pro - Duplicate Contacts Cleanup for addressbook, Facebook & Linkedin on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read ...

Skype on iOS has a big hole that can send your AddressBook to a hacker [video]
Security firm SuperEVR posts a video of their exploit which always makes it more real/scary. I found that Skype also improperly defines the URI ...

As It Tries to Revamp the Mobile Addressbook, Brewster Sees Staff Turnover
Brewster , a small startup that makes a year-old iPhone contacts app , lost a significant portion of its staff this year, as Business Insider ...

Addressbook Articles on Engadget - Page 2
Addressbook articles, stories, news and information.

Tons Of Companies Sued In Class Action Lawsuit Over Uploading Phone Addressbooks
There was some controversy a month or so ago, when it came out that app maker Path was secretly uploading your entire address book to its servers. ...

AddressBook Articles on TUAW - The Unofficial Apple Weblog
AddressBook articles, stories, news and information.

GiPosition
Get GiPosition on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Semantic Web - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
the inventor of the World Wide Web and director of the World Wide Web Consortium (" W3C "), which oversees the development of proposed Semantic ...

Visual Basic, PHP, Rails. Is Node.js next?
I had a nerdy conversation on what might be the next mainstream framework for building web products, and in particular whether the node.js community ...

How to use A/B testing for better product design
There’s more than one way to use this tool A/B testing is a very useful tool that can be used to develop better product designs, rather than ...