Selecting from address based on the address the mail was sent to.

I would like to switch to Pegasus, but there’s one thing I wonder about: I
get mail sent to different addresses. When I reply I would like the
program to use the same from address as the mail was sent to. If the mail
was sent to “primary@mydomain.com” I would like the “primary” identity to
be chosen when I reply and “work@mydomain.com” to be the from address.
Likewise if I reply to mail sent to “alternate@mydomain,com”.  Will this
work in Pegasus? It does in other mailers I have used (Opera M2. Eudora
and The Bat!) in the past, but I am not able to find out if Pegasus can do
this.

TIA for help.

--
//ceed
0

ceed <ceed.nospam01@dysthe.net> wrote:

> I would like to switch to Pegasus, but there's one thing I
> wonder about: I  get mail sent to different addresses. When I
> reply I would like the  program to use the same from address as
> the mail was sent to. If the mail  was sent to
> "primary@mydomain.com" I would like the "primary" identity to
> be chosen when I reply and "work@mydomain.com" to be the from
> address.  Likewise if I reply to mail sent to
> "alternate@mydomain,com".

Create three identities. Make a filter to move the
primary@mydomain.com mail to one folder, the work@mydomain.com to
another, and the alternate@mydomain.com to a third. Then associate
each folder with the correct identity.

| Pegasus Mail allows you to associate a particular identity with
| any of your  folders; then, when you forward or reply to a
| message from that folder, the settings from the associated
| identity will be used for the message instead of the current
| default identity.

See Pegasus Help for more on identities and attaching them to
folders.

There may be problems with associating a folder with the default
identity.  See this thread:

<http://groups.google.com/group/comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows/browse_thread/thread/ae248dd0c1f9eaea/a8b54cf29c73b5bf#a8b54cf29c73b5bf>

or

<http://makeashorterlink.com/?M2D11283C>

--
Steve

My e-mail address works as is.
0
Stephen

Mails sent mail to internal people are sent to their Internet mail address
Hi. When people in our company send mail messages to others in our company's directory Lotus Notes sends directly to the Internet. Since our Domino server is not yet configured as an SMTP relay, our fellows use Notes 6 client to read their Notes mailbox and send mails directly to the Internet. They all have a pop3 account by our ISP that they must read from their Notes client. Our Domino R6 server is installed on a Linux machine on which I have no control. Notes R6 clients use replication to read their mail from their ISP pop3 account. I'd like Lotus Notes R6 clients to...

Mail address only allowed for specific mail addresses
Hi, We have a normal mailgroup with a list of e-mail addresses which is configured with the normal :include:/path/to/textfile statement in the alias file. Now we want to restrict the list to the mailaddresses in the textfile. is this possible and if, are there some example rules for that? Thanks Oli Oliver Rahn wrote: > We have a normal mailgroup with a list of e-mail addresses which is > configured with the normal :include:/path/to/textfile statement in the > alias file. Now we want to restrict the list to the mailaddresses in the > textfile. See http://www.sendmail...

Mailing Addresses: Multiple addresses/address history?
For better or worse, I have chosen to implement mailing addresses in a particular application as a separate table. One Person ==> Many Addresses. It is a database for managing school reunions and people really do have multiple (summer/winter, for instance) mailing addresses. I'd also like to keep track of people's defunct addresses. To that end, "tblAddress". But I'm not sure how to handle address statuses/status dates....and even whether I need some more address-specific fields besides AddressType. Right off the bat, I need to identify addresses as current or...

Need auto-mailer software
OK, here is what I'm looking to do... I have an intranet database and basically I'd like to be able to click on a mailing list I have, and have it send that list of e-mails, along with HTML that will be in the mailer, and a subject, to an address that will process those addresses and send out the mailer automatically. Or if there is some web-based solution that will allow me to submit a form w/ a text file attachment of addresses, the HTML source, and subject, that'll work too... Any thoughts? On 12 Sep 2003 12:38:24 -0700, Andy Milk <amilk@catalyst-i.com> wrote: > &g...

Static IP Address in e-mail sent on dial up (Dynamic IP Address) connection
Hi all, I'm on a ADSL broadband net connection and have a static IP Address. When I connect my Laptop to dialup connection on a different phone line and send e-mail from it the e-mail header contains the static IP Address of my ADSL internet connection. I can see in header AA-XX-YYY...@myisp.com The AA-XX-YYY-ZZ is my static IP Address with . replaced by - (I don't how and why they replace . by - in e-mailheader) on ADSL net connection. I wonder how on the Earth the static IP Address of ADSL Internet connection from different telephone line all together is visible in a dialup inte...

change mail address in mail client
Hi, I try to change my mail address on default mail client on Solaris 8. Is it possible, Rgds, Vincent ...

Mails are not receiving from client mail address
Hi we rae not receiving mails from our client mail address since yesterday only ,let me know where to look into this problem ...

Rejecting mail address to mail gateway
I have a mail gateway that accepts mail for a number of domains. The gateway handles incoming email only. Outgoing mail is delivered via a separate system. I've recently started to receive spam addressed to and in some cases from, users on the gateway. The gateway has no valid users. How can I stop sendmail 8.13 accepting mail addressed to the (non existant) gateway but still allow the gateway to accept mail to the doamin? Regards ER Hi snowyskiesau, I am likewise trying to limit the access to my mail gateway, and have accomplished some results. For your problem, if you are acceptin...

Can Mail Save Addresses To The Address Book ?
I want to transfer 125 email addresses from AOL to the Macintosh Address Book. If I send email from AOL to myself and these 125 email addresses, then open this received email using the Macintosh Mail application, can I save all 125 addresses to the Macintosh Address Book? Thank you. In article <421a495d$1@news.modempool.com>, "Kurt Todoroff" <sharkone@aol.com> wrote: > I want to transfer 125 email addresses from AOL to the Macintosh Address > Book. If I send email from AOL to myself and these 125 email addresses, > then open this received email using the...

Using the address book for more than only e-mail addresses
I would like to use the address book (on an IMAP server) of PINE not only for keeping e-mail adresses but also adresses, phone numbers, etcetera. The problem is that just putting all this information in the "Comments:" field seems too unstructured. Is there a possibility of creating custom fields (in some sense) and of exporting (selected fields from selected entries) to a file? I don't expect this is possible with PINE alone, is there anyone who has experience with this using pipes and scripts? If so, could you give me some pointers? Erik ...

Rejecting mail address to mail gateway #2
I have a mail gateway that accepts mail for a number of domains. The gateway handles incoming email only. Outgoing mail is delivered via a separate system. I've recently started to receive spam addressed to and in some cases from, users on the gateway. The gateway has no valid users. How can I stop sendmail 8.13 accepting mail addressed to the (non existant) gateway users but still allow the gateway to accept and fordward mail to the doamin? Regards ER In article <pan.2005.03.05.07.08.15.489067@yahoo.com> "ER" <snowyskiesau@yahoo.com> writes: >I have a mail ...

Mail: Forwarding each message in $MAIL to another address.
This is a tricky one. I need to forward each message which is contained in my $MAIL file to another address as a message, instead of an attachment. Something that will sift though and send each message. There are 512 of them to be sent. Any thoughts? Michael I really just need something that will choose each message in $MAIL and allow me to forward it using a simple shell script with /usr/bin/mail. Michael "Michael McDowell" <mcdowe@gmail.com> writes: > I really just need something that will choose each message in $MAIL and > allow me to forward i...

Hiding e-mail address or using other address
How do I hide my e-mail address? I tried to use my Yahoo address but I can't send e-mail from Mt-newswatcher. a problem with Yahoo server. -- Uncle Bob,Composer/Artist/ Muller Marine Annapolis MD. U.S.A. http://www.toad.net/~crm/ http://uncle808us.mindsay.com In article <crm-6CE351.09355221042004@news.abs.net>, iBob <crm@toady.net> wrote: > How do I hide my e-mail address? I tried to use my Yahoo address but I > can't send e-mail from Mt-newswatcher. a problem with Yahoo server. Never mind I figured it out.. -- Uncle Bob,Composer/Artist/ Muller Marine A...

Force MAIL FROM address to match AUTH address
Good day everyone. I'm having a problem that I hope someone can help with b= ecause I have been banging my head against a wall for 2 days. I have many e= mail domains on my sendmail server. I'm having a problem with people purcha= sing hosting accounts from me and then using those accounts to send out spa= m from my server. What they are doing is authenticating as their valid emai= l address that they receive with their hosting package, but then they are c= hanging the MAIL FROM address to make it look like the email being sent fro= m a different address. Does anyone know how I ...

Web resources about - Selecting from address based on the address the mail was sent to. - comp.pegasus-mail.windows

Consultation Document on the Methods for Selecting the Chief Executive and for Forming the LegCo in 2012 ...
The " Consultation Document on the Methods for Selecting the Chief Executive and for Forming the LegCo in 2012 " was a document published on ...

Voting Machine Caught on Camera Casting Ballot for Democrat when Selecting Republican - YouTube
**UPDATE.... I've heard many reports that this is "just a calibration issue." I will say this... when I went to page 2 and began voting for city ...

Selecting decor that will move with the times
What colours should I use in my home so that my d&#233;cor is neutral and flexible but not boring?

Clock ticking on selecting successor to Leigh Clifford at Qantas
With Qantas on course to chalk up its largest annual profit since 2008, the question now is whether chairman Leigh Clifford is looking to hang ...

More to selecting political background music than indiscriminate meandering
Gathering a song to use as a protest weapon can backfire.

Jackie French: Why selecting the right place for your plants is important
The secret of growing anything easily is to choose the best spot for what you want to grow.

Liberals begin 'super weekend' of selecting delegates
A race for the top job in the federal Liberal party gained momentum on Friday as rank and file party members began the selection process for ...

Boston Marathon bombing trial: Judge, lawyers face challenges in selecting jurors - CTV News
As the second phase of jury selection began in the federal death penalty trial of Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, it immediately ...

Selecting cabinet one of first orders of business for Trudeau
One of the first orders of business for any new prime minister is picking a cabinet. Who is likely to make the cut?

Agile Analysis, Self-Selecting Teams, TDD & BDD in Methods & Tools Winter 2014 issue
... for software developers, testers and project managers – has just published its Winter 2014 issue that discusses Agile Analysis, Self-Selecting ...