Socket read error 10054

A few my remote users have started to get timeout errors when
connecting over pop3 to my mercury 32 server.  Some use pegasus and
some use outlook.  The error is always the same in the log:

11:23:18.040: Connection from 24.9.77.119, Thu Feb 24 11:23:18 2005<lf>
11:23:18.040: << +OK <-240608256.2409@pos.org>, POP3 server
ready.<cr><lf>
11:43:19.125: 7: Socket read error 10054 (connection aborted by remote
host)
11:43:19.016: --- Connection closed normally at Thu Feb 24 11:43:19
2005. ---
11:43:20.147:

Any ideas how I figure this out?  They can also connect via imap once
the pop3 times out.

0
kimwebb

Error Code :17410 Error State :null Error Message :No more data to read from socket Stack Trace : java.sql.SQLException: No more data to read from socket
Hi, I see the following errors in the logs: Error Code :17410 Error State :null Error Message :No more data to read from socket Stack Trace : java.sql.SQLException: No more data to read from socket at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:114) at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:156) at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.check_error(DBError.java:803) at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.MAREngine.unmarshalUB1(MAREngine.java:731) at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.MAREngine.unmarshalSB1(MAREngine.java:690) at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.Oall7.receive(Oall7.java:372) at oracle.jdbc.ttc7...

Pegasus Mail for Windows reading PM Dos version mailboxes
Hello, We are considering going from the DOS based Pegasus Mail (we have version 3.4) to the Windows version of PM. Our mailboxes are currently stored on a Netware 3.12 server. There are about 10-15 mailboxes. Are there any issues that might be involved in converting or using both the DOS and Windows versions simultaneously? Two the two versions use the same mailbox format? TIA Mike McWhinney elja, Inc. On 2 Feb 2006 15:41:18 -0800, eljainc@sbcglobal.net <eljainc@sbcglobal.net> wrote: > stored on a Netware 3.12 server. There are about 10-15 mailboxes. Are > t...

Looking for a maildir mail reader for locally reading my mails under Windows
Hi, I am now synchronzing my Gmail accounts with offlineimap. All my accounts are saved (~ 40 GB of emails) in the maildir format under a global mail directory. I am now looking for a graphical mail reader that can directly read my maildir directory. If possible, I would like to avoid running an IMAP server for locally reading my emails. - I eliminated Alpine, Cone, Gnus, Mutt, Pine which are text-based readers. - I installed Opera Mail but did find how to tell it to load my local maildir directory. - I installed Novell Evolution but the application seems very complex & heavy (many p...

error reading from socket
I am trying to send an integer from Java Client to C++ server. I figured out how to do the conversion. However, I have a problem reading from the socket. This is my code: int DataInputStream::readInt()//reads one integer from the client { int32_t var1; soc->recv((void*)&var1, 4); var1 = ntohl(var1); return var1; } I am assuming that I need a loop, but I cannot figure out which one. I tried all cases that I could imagine, but none of them worked. I MUST use recv function. Here is how it is defined: int recv(void *buffer, int bufferLen) throw(SocketException) { int rt...

MAIL Socket Error
We use the Telamon MAIL (NMMAIL) utility to send email notifications out from our HP3000. It has been working fine for ages. This morning it started reporting: OpenSocket: IPCDEST: UNKNOWN NODE. (SOCKERR 40) Error appears to be reported for any email address I put in. So far as I know there have been no changes. Nothing else is having problems. I'm not sure where to begin looking. Any suggestions would be appreciated. * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html * ...

reading errors in windows
I have a problem with reading CDs (data and audio) once windows has booted. The CDs will usually read fine for the first minute or so, then I can hear the reading head moving back and forth repeatedly, as if it is trying to acces the data. Sometimes it succeeds a bit, but over time, the reading takes longer and longer, and eventually, it is completely unable to read the CD. If I remove the CD, wait a minute, then try again, I start at the begining of the cycle, and eventually I can't read the cd again. This happens with every CD I have tried (a douzain or so). Removing the CDplaye...

error reading from socket
I am trying to send an integer from Java Client to C++ server. I figured out how to do the conversion. However, I have a problem reading from the socket. This is my code: int DataInputStream::readInt()//reads one integer from the client { int32_t var1; soc->recv((void*)&var1, 4); var1 = ntohl(var1); return var1; } I am assuming that I need a loop, but I cannot figure out which one. I tried all cases that I could imagine, but none of them worked. I MUST use recv function. Here is how it is defined: int recv(void *buffer, int bufferLen) throw(SocketException) { int rt...

Socket read error
When retrieving mail I get a socket read error. What could cause this error How can it be corrected. I use PM 4.3 Following is in the TCP log 19:43:19.109 >> 0018 +OK Mailbox open\0D\0A 19:43:19.109 << 0006 STAT\0D\0A 19:43:21.109 >> 0012 +OK 5 5120\0D\0A 19:43:21.109 << 0006 LIST\0D\0A 19:43:21.609 >> 0026 +OK scan listing follows\0D\0A 19:43:21.609 >> 0008 1 1024\0D\0A 19:43:21.609 >> 0008 2 1024\0D\0A 19:43:21.609 >> 0008 3 1024\0D\0A 19:43:21.609 >> 0008 4 1024\0D\0A 19:43:21.609 >> 0008 5 1024\0D\0A 19:43:21.609 ...

Pegasus Mail or Pegasus Mail as 'Admin'

imap not reading mail which are already read through a mail client

Socket READ error 2746
Hi, I just upgraded from my old computer to a new one and it was working fine till suddenly 2 days, I started have a strange problem with my pegasus mail. I am able to download mail perfectlym no issues. Problem is with sending email. Mails I want to send get queued perfectly, and when i hit send, they get sent and move from queued to the sent folder. However, these emails in actuality are not getting sent [Meaning that the receiver is not getting these emails]. On switching on advanced logging, I get the following error..... 7: Socket READ error 2746. Somebody please he...

Socket read error 2745
I am getting this when trying to send messages. Everything worked fine a couple of weeks ago, but I am now unable to send. Several other workstations here running from the same network version of Pegasus 4.21c are sending fine. Any Ideas? Damian Janzen <info@dndprepress.com> wrote: > I am getting this when trying to send messages. Everything > worked fine a couple of weeks ago, but I am now unable to send. > Several other workstations here running from the same network > version of Pegasus 4.21c are sending fine. Did you change or install anything on your sys...

Web resources about - Socket read error 10054 - comp.pegasus-mail.windows

AC power plugs and sockets - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
AC power plugs and sockets are devices that allow electrically operated equipment to be connected to the primary alternating current (AC) power ...

Ratcheting-Socket-Wrench-22156-480x360 - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Free Photos – 3/8-Inch Ratcheting Socket Wrench / Chrome Socket Wrench /Repair and Fix Tool kits More photos and details about possible copyright ...

Mitch Robinson lied to Carlton about incident that left him with a broken eye socket
Mitch Robinson lied to Carlton officials when asked why he had suffered a broken eye socket during a scuffle in the early hours of Sunday morning. ...

Brisbane Broncos forward Alex Glenn facing six weeks on sideline with fractured eye socket
Wayne Bennett ranks Brisbane fullbacks as Justin Hodges injury leaves Broncos with fifth choice rookie

ConnectSense Smart Outlet lets Siri control two HomeKit Wi-Fi wall sockets, USB charge iPads
... of iPhone , iPad , and IPod Touch . What do you think? Discuss "ConnectSense Smart Outlet lets Siri control two HomeKit Wi-Fi wall sockets, ...

ASRock Rack Announces EP2C612D24 and 4L: Dual Socket Haswell-EP with 24 DDR4 Slots
... 16GB UDIMMs, this allows for a maximum of 384GB, although moving up to RDIMM, LRDIMMs or 64GB NVDIMMs pushes the max to 1.5TB in a dual socket ...

Windows Server 2016 moving to per core, not per socket, licensing
... until the second half of next year, is going to shake up the way Microsoft licenses its server operating system, moving away from per socket ...

Cool Chart of the Week: Solar Socket Parity In California, Australia, Germany, Italy, & Netherlands
I forget now how I ran across this chart, but it’s a nice one. It shows that residential solar PV power hit socket parity (aka grid parity) in ...

Dell Aims Four-Socket Server at Modern Database Hardware Needs
... out a greater percentage of the high-end server market, such as in-memory database hardware requirements, Dell today unveiled a four-socket ...

Video: Socket To Me! Nitwit At ‘Hand To God’ Tries To Charge Phone On Set
... on a performance of Hand To God at Broadway ’s Booth Theatre a few days ago, this patron leapt onstage and tried to plug his phone into a socket ...