Socket READ error 2746

Hi,

I just upgraded from my old computer to a new one and it was working
fine till suddenly 2 days, I started have a strange problem with my
pegasus mail.

I am able to download mail perfectlym no issues. Problem is with
sending email. Mails I want to send get queued perfectly, and when i
hit send, they get sent and move from queued to the sent folder.

However, these emails in actuality are not getting sent [Meaning that
the receiver is not getting these emails]. On switching on advanced
logging, I get the following error.....

7: Socket READ error 2746.

Somebody please help.......................

0
sharad

more details

[*] Connection established to 209.240.144.111
>> 0040 220 mx-out.daemonmail.net ESMTP ready.
<< 0022 EHLO [192.168.1.100]
<< 0037 MAIL FROM:<sharad@123greetings.com>
<< 0032 RCPT TO:<skajaria@hotmail.com>
>> 0035 250 <skajaria@hotmail.com>... Ok.
<< 0006 DATA
>> 0030 354 Please start mail input.
>> 0031 250 Mail queued for delivery.
<< 0006 RSET
7: Socket read error 2746.

0
sharad
8/24/2005 8:54:01 PM
On 24 Aug 2005 13:54:01 -0700, sharad.kajaria@gmail.com wrote:

>more details
>
>[*] Connection established to 209.240.144.111
>>> 0040 220 mx-out.daemonmail.net ESMTP ready.
><< 0022 EHLO [192.168.1.100]
>>> 0073 250-mx-out.daemonmail.net hello 93 [59.93.163.32], pleased to meet you.
>>> 0031 250-AUTH=LOGIN CRAM-MD5 PLAIN
>>> 0031 250 AUTH LOGIN CRAM-MD5 PLAIN
><< 0037 MAIL FROM:<sharad@123greetings.com>
>>> 0038 250 <sharad@123greetings.com>... Ok.
><< 0032 RCPT TO:<skajaria@hotmail.com>
>>> 0035 250 <skajaria@hotmail.com>... Ok.
><< 0006 DATA
>>> 0030 354 Please start mail input.
>>> 0031 250 Mail queued for delivery.
><< 0006 RSET
>7: Socket read error 2746.

  It seems to me that that message should have been sent OK in spite of
the error. The server said "250 Mail queued for delivery", which means
that it accepted the email, so it should then send it along.

  How did you turn on the logging and which version of Pegasus are you
using? I'm just curious. When I do Tools|Internet Options|Create
Internet Session Logs in 4.12c it logs every character sent right down
to the 0D\0A in each line of the Data.

Bakes

0
Bakes
8/24/2005 9:52:20 PM
sharad.kajaria@gmail.com wrote:

> I just upgraded from my old computer to a new one and it was
> working fine till suddenly 2 days, I started have a strange
> problem with my pegasus mail.
>
> I am able to download mail perfectlym no issues. Problem is with
> sending email. [...]
>
> However, these emails in actuality are not getting sent [Meaning
> that the receiver is not getting these emails]. On switching on
> advanced logging, I get the following error.....
>
> 7: Socket READ error 2746.

If it has been working on the new computer, and you haven't changed
anything (no new software or hardware installed, no settings
altered) it could well be a problem at your provider's end.

One thing you can try is to disable any anti-virus or firewall
software you have running temporarily and see if it makes any
difference.

If that doesn't help, and if the problem is indeed at your end, and
not at your provider's, it might have something to do with your
router and packet size (MTU - maximum transmission unit). At least,
this has come up before in old posts.  I've seen 1492 octets given
as a recommended setting, but don't ask me whether you should
change it, or how to do it if you should.

See

<http://www.dslreports.com/faq/tweaks/4.%20MTU>

<http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/M/MTU.html>

--
Steve

My e-mail address works as is.
0
Stephen
8/24/2005 10:01:54 PM
sharad.kajaria@gmail.com wrote:
> more details
>
  > << 0006 RSET
> 7: Socket read error 2746.

As mentioned in other threads, it is often caused by some kind of MTU
packet fragmentation.

However, as I have mentioned in other threads, my case had a slightly
different cause.

I have an AMD Athlon 64 based computer that had a very similar (same?)
problem. In particular, it was an Gigabyte motherboard which used an
NVidia NForce 4 chipset which has a built in NIC (i.e. network interface
card). This particular ethernet card has a series of "advanced"
optimizations which were turned on in the driver by default.

In my case, disabling the advanced optimization capability
called "checksum offload" made all my problems of sending smtp
mail via Pegasus disappear. I can reproduce them at will by
re-enabling this capability.

Others with this chipset and setting have seen the same problem with
Pegasus (and other programs).

Your mileage may vary.

E.
0
eg

Error Code :17410 Error State :null Error Message :No more data to read from socket Stack Trace : java.sql.SQLException: No more data to read from socket
Hi, I see the following errors in the logs: Error Code :17410 Error State :null Error Message :No more data to read from socket Stack Trace : java.sql.SQLException: No more data to read from socket at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:114) at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:156) at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.check_error(DBError.java:803) at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.MAREngine.unmarshalUB1(MAREngine.java:731) at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.MAREngine.unmarshalSB1(MAREngine.java:690) at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.Oall7.receive(Oall7.java:372) at oracle.jdbc.ttc7...

Pegasus Mail for Windows reading PM Dos version mailboxes
Hello, We are considering going from the DOS based Pegasus Mail (we have version 3.4) to the Windows version of PM. Our mailboxes are currently stored on a Netware 3.12 server. There are about 10-15 mailboxes. Are there any issues that might be involved in converting or using both the DOS and Windows versions simultaneously? Two the two versions use the same mailbox format? TIA Mike McWhinney elja, Inc. On 2 Feb 2006 15:41:18 -0800, eljainc@sbcglobal.net <eljainc@sbcglobal.net> wrote: > stored on a Netware 3.12 server. There are about 10-15 mailboxes. Are > t...

2746 read/write errors, can't sent mail
I've been using Pegasus for a number of years now, and I really DON'T want to give it up. I am in the process of migrating to a new computer (ASUS mboard with Athlon 3500+) going through an SMC Barricade Switch. The OS has changed from 2k to XP. I have both computers sitting side by side on my desk, hooked up to the same switch and they have identical PMail settings. With my old machine I can send mail without difficulty. With my new machine it will occasionally successfully send mail, the last time was after a reboot. Most commonly I receive socket 2746 read and ...

Looking for a maildir mail reader for locally reading my mails under Windows
Hi, I am now synchronzing my Gmail accounts with offlineimap. All my accounts are saved (~ 40 GB of emails) in the maildir format under a global mail directory. I am now looking for a graphical mail reader that can directly read my maildir directory. If possible, I would like to avoid running an IMAP server for locally reading my emails. - I eliminated Alpine, Cone, Gnus, Mutt, Pine which are text-based readers. - I installed Opera Mail but did find how to tell it to load my local maildir directory. - I installed Novell Evolution but the application seems very complex & heavy (many p...

error reading from socket
I am trying to send an integer from Java Client to C++ server. I figured out how to do the conversion. However, I have a problem reading from the socket. This is my code: int DataInputStream::readInt()//reads one integer from the client { int32_t var1; soc->recv((void*)&var1, 4); var1 = ntohl(var1); return var1; } I am assuming that I need a loop, but I cannot figure out which one. I tried all cases that I could imagine, but none of them worked. I MUST use recv function. Here is how it is defined: int recv(void *buffer, int bufferLen) throw(SocketException) { int rt...

MAIL Socket Error
We use the Telamon MAIL (NMMAIL) utility to send email notifications out from our HP3000. It has been working fine for ages. This morning it started reporting: OpenSocket: IPCDEST: UNKNOWN NODE. (SOCKERR 40) Error appears to be reported for any email address I put in. So far as I know there have been no changes. Nothing else is having problems. I'm not sure where to begin looking. Any suggestions would be appreciated. * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html * ...

reading errors in windows
I have a problem with reading CDs (data and audio) once windows has booted. The CDs will usually read fine for the first minute or so, then I can hear the reading head moving back and forth repeatedly, as if it is trying to acces the data. Sometimes it succeeds a bit, but over time, the reading takes longer and longer, and eventually, it is completely unable to read the CD. If I remove the CD, wait a minute, then try again, I start at the begining of the cycle, and eventually I can't read the cd again. This happens with every CD I have tried (a douzain or so). Removing the CDplaye...

error reading from socket
I am trying to send an integer from Java Client to C++ server. I figured out how to do the conversion. However, I have a problem reading from the socket. This is my code: int DataInputStream::readInt()//reads one integer from the client { int32_t var1; soc->recv((void*)&var1, 4); var1 = ntohl(var1); return var1; } I am assuming that I need a loop, but I cannot figure out which one. I tried all cases that I could imagine, but none of them worked. I MUST use recv function. Here is how it is defined: int recv(void *buffer, int bufferLen) throw(SocketException) { int rt...

Socket read error
When retrieving mail I get a socket read error. What could cause this error How can it be corrected. I use PM 4.3 Following is in the TCP log 19:43:19.109 >> 0018 +OK Mailbox open\0D\0A 19:43:19.109 << 0006 STAT\0D\0A 19:43:21.109 >> 0012 +OK 5 5120\0D\0A 19:43:21.109 << 0006 LIST\0D\0A 19:43:21.609 >> 0026 +OK scan listing follows\0D\0A 19:43:21.609 >> 0008 1 1024\0D\0A 19:43:21.609 >> 0008 2 1024\0D\0A 19:43:21.609 >> 0008 3 1024\0D\0A 19:43:21.609 >> 0008 4 1024\0D\0A 19:43:21.609 >> 0008 5 1024\0D\0A 19:43:21.609 ...

Pegasus Mail or Pegasus Mail as 'Admin'

imap not reading mail which are already read through a mail client

Re: MAIL Socket Error
Never mind. I found the problem. Out network administrator had added some entries to HOSTS.NET.SYS. Somehow he accidentally deleted the last line and we lost the entry for the mail server. -----Original Message----- From: Atwood, Tim (DVM) [mailto:Tim.Atwood@domtar.com] Sent: Friday, November 07, 2003 10:54 AM To: HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU Subject: MAIL Socket Error We use the Telamon MAIL (NMMAIL) utility to send email notifications out from our HP3000. It has been working fine for ages. This morning it started reporting: OpenSocket: IPCDEST: UNKNOWN NODE. (SOCKERR 40) Err...

Web resources about - Socket READ error 2746 - comp.pegasus-mail.windows

AC power plugs and sockets - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
AC power plugs and sockets are devices that allow electrically operated equipment to be connected to the primary alternating current (AC) power ...

Ratcheting-Socket-Wrench-22156-480x360 - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Free Photos – 3/8-Inch Ratcheting Socket Wrench / Chrome Socket Wrench /Repair and Fix Tool kits More photos and details about possible copyright ...

Mitch Robinson lied to Carlton about incident that left him with a broken eye socket
Mitch Robinson lied to Carlton officials when asked why he had suffered a broken eye socket during a scuffle in the early hours of Sunday morning. ...

Brisbane Broncos forward Alex Glenn facing six weeks on sideline with fractured eye socket
Wayne Bennett ranks Brisbane fullbacks as Justin Hodges injury leaves Broncos with fifth choice rookie

ConnectSense Smart Outlet lets Siri control two HomeKit Wi-Fi wall sockets, USB charge iPads
... of iPhone , iPad , and IPod Touch . What do you think? Discuss "ConnectSense Smart Outlet lets Siri control two HomeKit Wi-Fi wall sockets, ...

ASRock Rack Announces EP2C612D24 and 4L: Dual Socket Haswell-EP with 24 DDR4 Slots
... 16GB UDIMMs, this allows for a maximum of 384GB, although moving up to RDIMM, LRDIMMs or 64GB NVDIMMs pushes the max to 1.5TB in a dual socket ...

Windows Server 2016 moving to per core, not per socket, licensing
... until the second half of next year, is going to shake up the way Microsoft licenses its server operating system, moving away from per socket ...

Cool Chart of the Week: Solar Socket Parity In California, Australia, Germany, Italy, & Netherlands
I forget now how I ran across this chart, but it’s a nice one. It shows that residential solar PV power hit socket parity (aka grid parity) in ...

Dell Aims Four-Socket Server at Modern Database Hardware Needs
... out a greater percentage of the high-end server market, such as in-memory database hardware requirements, Dell today unveiled a four-socket ...

Video: Socket To Me! Nitwit At ‘Hand To God’ Tries To Charge Phone On Set
... on a performance of Hand To God at Broadway ’s Booth Theatre a few days ago, this patron leapt onstage and tried to plug his phone into a socket ...