some messages original text not in reply

V 4.63.

Some replies I send do not have the original text in the reply - I
expect it is a choice of some sort of formatting but can't find which
option I need.

0
Tom

Tom Barkas wrote on 15 dec 2012 in comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows:

> Some replies I send do not have the original text in the reply - I
> expect it is a choice of some sort of formatting but can't find which
> option I need.

If only one space is accidentally selected in the message-to-be-replied,
and if you choose "selected reply", then you get someting like this:

On 15 Dec 2012 at 11:49, Tom Barkas wrote:

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

How to use MIME::Lite to include the original message in the reply when replying to a message?
I am using Activestate perl 5.10.0 on WXP. I now have a script that uses Net::IMAP::Simple to get incoming messages, and Email::Simple to parse the headers easily. Once I have the information I need from the headers, I use MIME::Lite to send a multipart/related message using our MS Exchange server. Once I figured it out, the result seems easy and reliable. The problem is that I have now been asked to include in the automated replies the bodies of the messages the script is replying to, and these too are multipart/related. Is there a relatively painless way to add the body of the old messa...

Archiving mail messages outside Pegasus Mail?
I have a message folder in Pmail 4.31 with around 500 mail messages including file attachmentsrelated to a work project that has finished some weeks ago. What would be the best way to archive the messages in the folder? Schould I leave the folder in the folder tree and hope that the Pmail message hierarchy system will not be corrupted, or is there a way to put all the messages, with attachments included, out from Pmail and store them to a CD-ROM, and they can then be restored, if needed, for some reason later? I don't need the folder in the folder tree any longer, but I have to sav...

Archiving mail messages outside Pegasus Mail?
I have a message folder in Pmail 4.31 with around 500 mail messages including file attachmentsrelated to a work project that has finished some weeks ago. What would be the best way to archive the messages in the folder? Schould I leave the folder in the folder tree and hope that the Pmail message hierarchy system will not be corrupted, or is there a way to put all the messages, with attachments included, out from Pmail and store them to a CD-ROM, and they can then be restored, if needed, for some reason later? I don't need the folder in the folder tree any longer, but I have to sav...

Pegasus Mail Messages being filtered by addresseess Mail Systems
Hello, since a couple of months, and more for some addressees, I have experienced a problem: when I send them a message written with Pegasus Mail it is rejected by the target system... but not when I send it with Outlook Express or Mozilla Thunderbird... that whas happening a few years ago and Pegasus Mail drop during a few months its proudily X-Mailer keyword... would it be possible to do it again???, or is there any "back door option" for instructing Pegasus MAil not to sign its messages with this keyword?? Kind regards, ...

Replying to your own message in Mail
I'm still using Snow Leopard, I wonder if Apple has fixed this in Lion. This is one of the few things I think MS Entourage and Outlook get right. If I reply to a message in my Sent folder, Mail sends the reply to me, CC'ing the original recipients if I do a Reply All. What I really intend when I do this is to add to my earlier reply, sending to the same recipients as previously. I could go back to their message and reply to it, but then my first reply wouldn't be included. Why would I actually want to send the reply to *myself*? -- Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu Arl...

Pegasus Mail or Pegasus Mail as 'Admin'

Quoting original message in reply
Using 4.21c. When I reply and mark the original text with > it looks ok - except when I want to split up the original text and reply to different sections of it. Then the > symbols often appear all over the place (including in the middle of lines), with the original in black instead of red. Any way around this? Thanks! Steve wrote on 10 feb 2005 in comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows: > Using 4.21c. When I reply and mark the original text with > it looks > ok - except when I want to split up the original text and reply to > different sections of it. Then the &g...

Want original message BEFORE reply, not after
Version: Pine 4.64 When I include an original message in a reply, I want the option to have the original message to be the first thing displayed, and the cursor to begin my reply placed after the quoted message. It seem to me there used to be a way to do this. Please advise. Jay On Fri, 07 Dec 2007 00:00:38 -0800, Bluejay Young wrote: > Version: Pine 4.64 > > When I include an original message in a reply, I want the option to have > the original message to be the first thing displayed, and the cursor to > begin my reply placed after the quoted message. It seem to me there us...

Replying & Original Text?
When I press Reply to the Email's text to which I'm replying remains - which is what I want. But it does not put ">" next to it. How do I get this functionality, I once had it? Steve <aberice@gmail.com> wrote: > When I press Reply to the Email's text to which I'm replying > remains - which is what I want. But it does not put ">" next to > it. How do I get this functionality, I once had it? When I press Reply a "Reply Options" window opens. The second box from the top gives you the option of including the "&g...

FCC original message on reply
I would like to be able to reply to a message in my inbox, and when I set the the fcc header have mutt save not only the reply, but also the original message to the the fcc folder. Does this make sense? For some time I used Mulberry, but I like the command line more. However, Mulberry has this capability (to move the original automatically) and it's something I really miss. I used Thunderbird for a while also, and I found this extension to provide this feature: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/762 (Not maintained anymore - unavailable for new TB) I am pre...

message text not appearing in window
I have an issue going on OCCASIONALLY with Eudora, not sure what causes it... I am using V7.1.0.9. I have two windows, one has my mailboxes, and the other has my in-box along with the preview pane. In-box messages are not showing up in the preview pane. However, if I double-click the message in the top part of the in-box, it does show all the contents. Any ideas how to make the message contents show back up in the preview pane? thanks, ga ga nospam@nospam.fmctc.com ...

Mail.app, original and reply
Is there a way of keeping open the original incoming message when I click on reply in Apple's Mail application? At present the click on the reply icon has the double action of closing the original and opening a reply. Of course, all the text of the original is visible as quoted text if I wish it to be. But the attachments aren't, and that at times can be quite a nuisance. Intel MacMini, 10.4.11 -- Hylton In article <1ibpik2.yoeybr10jxlafN%hylton.boothroyd@null.c0m.invalid>, hylton.boothroyd@null.c0m.invalid (Hylton Boothroyd) wrote: > Is there a way of keeping open the...

Interspersed text in replying to messages.
What is the best way to reply to messages using Eudora. I have just started using it because my previous email client would not create a strong visual differentiation between the original text and my "interspersed" reply to text when replying to an email. Does anybody know how to adjust this when replying to emails via Eudora? "George" <george@noemail.com> wrote in news:4217615d_4@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com: > What is the best way to reply to messages using Eudora. I have just > started using it because my previous email client would not...

Replying & Original Text?
When I press Reply to the Email's text to which I'm replying remains - which is what I want. But it does not put ">" next to it. How do I get this functionality, I once had it? Steve <aberice@gmail.com> wrote: > When I press Reply to the Email's text to which I'm replying > remains - which is what I want. But it does not put ">" next to > it. How do I get this functionality, I once had it? When I press Reply a "Reply Options" window opens. The second box from the top gives you the option of including the "&g...

Web resources about - some messages original text not in reply - comp.pegasus-mail.windows

Message - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A message is a discrete unit of communication intended by the source for consumption by some recipient or group of recipients. A message may ...

Malcolm Turnbull has two very different messages on the state of our US alliance
In the republic debate, Australia is not truly debating its independence from Britain. It's not an argument we're having over the influence of ...

New WA road safety message
The WA State Government is using a hashtag as a way of reaching out to a younger demographic, along with a message to stay safe on the road during ...

Apple releases second OS X 10.11.4 beta with Live Photos in Messages, secure Notes, more
The second OS X 10.11.4 beta preview is now available via the Mac App Store for testing. The first version of this El Capitan beta added new ...

Ghostery to Test Ad-Blocker Appeal Messages
Like Luke Skywalker, Forbes has given new hope to publishers staring down the dark side of their particular universe: ad blocking. It did it ...

5 Awesome Direct Messages
Let’s be honest: Direct Messages (DMs) on Twitter are not usually part of a brand’s marketing strategy. At least, not in a successful way. As ...

C.J. Anderson reveals Tom Brady's uplifting message after AFC title game
Tom Brady apparently had nothing but nice things to say to C.J. Anderson, even after the Patriots lost to the Broncos.

Michael Caine’s message to ‘non-white actors’: ‘Be patient, of course it will come’
In the year 2000, Michael Caine won his second Oscar for Best Supporting Actor in Cider House Rules , a role which… if we’re being fair, doesn’t ...

Leilani Münter & Team Light Up State Capital With Powerful Solar Messages
Last week, Leilani Münter took a fast-paced trip through the heart of California to raise awareness of the debate currently underway at the California ...

This chart is sending a scary message
The yield curve is near its flattest level since the financial crisis — a recessionary warning to some.