Spelling check window in wrong place

Just upgraded to 4.71.565 (Win 7 O.S.) and when I run spellcheck the
spellcheck window opens at the extreme left of my screen with almost
half off the screen. I can move it back manually. Is there some
setting that will change this?

0
havant

On article <up48abtob4at0jueiv27fgj9endstjjraf@4ax.com>,
havant@gmail.com wrote:

> Just upgraded to 4.71.565 (Win 7 O.S.) and when I run spellcheck the
> spellcheck window opens at the extreme left of my screen with almost
> half off the screen. I can move it back manually. Is there some
> setting that will change this?

Not that I'm ware off. AFAIK speller window opens besides text
cursor.

--
Kind regards,
Euler German

Please, reply preferably to the list.
Due to spam I'm filtering-out GoogleGroups. Sorry. :(
0
Euler
1/26/2016 12:43:43 AM
On 23 Jan 2016, havant@gmail.com wrote in comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-
windows:

> Just upgraded to 4.71.565 (Win 7 O.S.) and when I run spellcheck the
> spellcheck window opens at the extreme left of my screen with almost
> half off the screen. I can move it back manually. Is there some
> setting that will change this?

If there is, I've never been able to find it. That has happened to me
from time to time with the previous version - it would be like that for
a few days, then go away. Actually, I haven't seen it at all for the
past several months. Weird.
0
Nil

window messages to the wrong window
Hi, I am working with 2 softwares (2 process). Sometimes, when process A pop's up an MDI window, If I will scroll the mouse wheel on it, it will scroll (and send the needed WM) process B. If I will press the left click again on process A it will stop dispatch events to process B. after adding a few logs, apparently process A is the "Foreground Window" when I am scrolling in that specific situation, although the messages gets to another window. does someone ever encountered this kind of issue? Its like I have one window related to one process as Foreground and one windows relat...

Any way to place tk window under all other windows
I'm trying to display a window under all other windows on my X-window display. I've read the wm man page and it concerns itself with keeping the window on top but not on the bottom. Is there a way to do this? Thanks ahead of time, Carl Bezoar <cwjolly@gmail.com> writes: > I'm trying to display a window under all other windows on my X-window > display. I've read the wm man page and it concerns itself with keeping > the window on top but not on the bottom. Is there a way to do this? Not sure exactly what you mean by "under", but maybe just bind $win...

Root Window & Windows within Windows
Even (on 98) if you replace the shell explorer.exe you are left with the root window. Explorer.exe does a good job of adding content to the root window. It places icons on your desktop and gives you a task bar. The only ability I am aware of that programmers have to add content to the root window (aside from replacing explorer.exe), is with Active Desktop. I feel that active desktop should be a program we can write ourselves. We should be able to write our own programs that are drawn directly to the root window, just like active desktop windows are. Even when you replace ...

window-handlers on windows
hi (this is my first post to this ng; so if it is the wrong ng, please direct me to the one i need...) my problem not necessarily bound to C++ (but could also be C), but since my application is in C++, i post it here. i want to draw from application A into a window that has been created by an application B (in my case: i want to render an openGL-scene into a a browser-window) under linux i can get a handle of type "Window" from the Xserver, into which i can draw (assumed that i have permissions) under windows the only such handle i have found is HWND, which is a pointer to a ...

CPU magazine Dream PCs 2010: it's a Windows, Windows, Windows, Windows world
Oct. 2010 issue. 16 systems worth a collective $98000 were delivered by 11 vendors. They fell into 3 price tiers: $0 to $3500 $3501 to $7000 $7001 and up As expected, all 16 systems came with Windows 7. Real power users don't cripple their beautiful, screamin', quad-GPU hardware and sublime computing experience with Linux slop. Can you imagine booting up such awesome hardware, and the first thing you see is a screen full of "verbose" Linux messages, which finally hangs and tells you: (EE) no devices detected Fatal server error: no screens found gi...

in popup window, checking if page in opener window
Hi, I have a little test script in a pop up window. The pop up page refreshes every 2 seconds. I want it to check with every refresh if a certain page (log3.htm) is loaded in the opener window. If that is the case, another page (log4.htm) must be loaded in the opener window. In pop up page: <script> <!-- if (opener.location.href="log3.htm") {opener.location.replace("log4.htm")} //--> </script> But it aint working :( What happens is that the condition doesn't work, because with *any* page in the opener window, it is replaced immediately wi...

windowed sinc
Hi, I came across this the other day, for i=0:1:2*hLen sinc(i-hLen) * pow(cos(PI*(i-hLen)/(2*hLen)),beta); I know it is a windowed sinc, but what is the window function being used? the pow() part. Thanks syl On Nov 7, 9:36 am, SYL <sya...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I came across this the other day, > > for i=0:1:2*hLen > sinc(i-hLen) * pow(cos(PI*(i-hLen)/(2*hLen)),beta); > > I know it is a windowed sinc, but what is the window function being > used? the pow() part. > > Thanks > syl This window sometimes appears in the literature as the 'co...

windows safari and windows
Testing locally on an Win XP box with the safari pop up blocker disabled: window.close(); will close the window without warning even though the window was not opened by javascript. win = window.open("test.htm","foo");//, str); alert(win); does not open a new window and the value displayed by the alert is "undefined" (shouldn't it be "null" if there was a problem???). Also safari's activity window doesn't show any problems encountered. If I put a link on the page <a href="test.htm" target="_blank">click here<...

how to check TCP version on windows XP and windows 7
Hello. I like to know how to check the TCP version on Windows. best regards Wonjun, Choi ...

displaying windows through a window
main.cpp #ifndef main_cpp #define main_cpp #include "wx/wx.h" #include <wx/splash.h> #include "MyFrame.h" class MyApp : public wxApp { public: virtual bool OnInit(); }; IMPLEMENT_APP(MyApp) bool MyApp::OnInit() { wxBitmap bitmap; MyFrame *frame = new MyFrame(_T("Project Mayhem"), wxPoint(150, 150), wxSize(590, 430)); bitmap.LoadFile("C:/Documents and Settings/JAMIE BERNIER/Desktop/images/Intro Image.bmp", wxBITMAP_TYPE_BMP); wxSplashScreen* splash = new wxSplashScreen(bitmap, wxSPLA...

Windows is named Windows : But Why?
http://thehmccompany.com/2015/06/19/windows-is-named-windows-but-why/ Quoting from the URL above: The following was taken from a Microsoft corporate blog designed to document the history of Microsoft. When I joined Microsoft as Vice President of Corporate Communications, I came from the cosmetics / skin care industry where perception (branding) was far more important than reality. The branding strategy for Microsoft Corporation & the specific names for the products (which was part of the company branding strategy) came from the original branding strategy ...

Docking windows... in Windows
I'm using the Windows version in Windows 7. There's an option in each window to "Lock tab to dock", but I don't see anything occurring. They just sit there and float like they were before. What behavior should be occurring, and what if anything am I doing wrong? Also, has anyone used a recent version of Visual Studio? I like how you can drag a window to one of the edges of the screen or leave it floating. The user interface for dragging the windows is also real easy to use and makes everything real obvious and clear to the user. ...

Extra Window under Windows
I am running the Gimp under XP SP2. I have just downloaded 2.2.6, but this behavior occurred during previous versions. When I start up the Gimp I get the toolbox window and another large blank window. This other window has no features except the "File" menu. The file menu has only one item: exit. But that exit does not work. When I exit the Gimp from the toolbox this extra window stays around. I have to use the task manager to kill it. Any idea on how to eliminate this? -- Matt Silberstein All in all, if I could be any animal, I would want to be a duck or a goose. They can fly, ...

Print Window in Windows
How do I print a window in windows like print window in mac os 9. "Lee Blevins" <leeb@digitalgraphics.net> wrote in message news:1g1qy62.1vyo6z2nh5o5cN@[192.168.10.100]... > How do I print a window in windows like print window in mac os 9. PrintScreen is the PrtSc button on my IBM ThinkPad T23. PrintScreen will take a snapshot, and place it in the system's clipboard. Pressing PrintScreen will take a snapshot of the entire screen. Pressing Alt-PrintScreen will take a snapshot of the active window only. Paste the contents of the clipboard into a graphics application t...

Web resources about - Spelling check window in wrong place - comp.pegasus-mail.windows

Spelling - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... phonetic symbols. Without proper rendering support , you may see question marks, boxes, or other symbols instead of Unicode characters. Spelling ...

English-language spelling reform - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For hundreds of years, many groups and individuals have advocated spelling reform for English . Spelling reformers seek to make English spelling ...

faroo_p2p: 1000x Faster Spelling Correction updated: The benchmark is in! http://t.co/oY18ohyd #faroo ...
faroo_p2p: 1000x Faster Spelling Correction updated: The benchmark is in! http://t.

French Word Wizard - French Talking Movable Alphabet and Spelling Tests on the App Store on iTunes
Get French Word Wizard - French Talking Movable Alphabet and Spelling Tests on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer ...

Mum’s outrage at spelling mistakes in son’s homework
A SCHOOLBOY’S spelling homework littered with embarrassing errors made by his teacher has gone viral after his outraged mum posted it online. ...

NSW Spelling Bee goes down to the wire
Knees were weak, palms were sweaty, confused glances darted across the room as hundreds piled in to see children as young as eight spell out ...

Spelling Error On Bronze Plaque Unveiled By Queen Cost Taxpayers $4K To Fix 14
“Why something of this complexity was not ordered months ago is a mystery to me.”

Desert Vista High School seniors in trouble after spelling out racial slur, posting photo
This is the unfortunate story of high school students making a very dumb and ignorant decision.

Photo of Desert Vista High School seniors spelling out racial slur goes viral
Six Desert Vista High School girls are in the spotlight after a photo circulated on social media showing them wearing shirts that spell out a ...