Verizon kills use of P-Mail on the email server

Apparently Verizon pulled a switch last night that is killing P-Mail from
performing POP3 and SMTP.

The settings advised by Verizon and have been used successfully until last
night:

# Incoming mail server (POP3): incoming.verizon.net
# Incoming Server Port Numbers: 995
# Outgoing mail server (SMTP): outgoing.verizon.net
# Outgoing Server Port Numbers: 465
# Your Verizon Online user name
# Your Verizon Online password
# Make sure "This server requires a secure connection (SSL)" is checked.

I reverted to...
incoming.verizon.net:110 using "STLS command"
outgoing.verizon.net:25   using "STARTTLS"

And I am working again.

Apparently the Pegasus Forum has other users in the same boat.  I posted
this AM but I got the dredded "moderator approval" and that post hasn't been
approved yet.  However, I was able to reply to another's post on the same
problem.

--
Dave
http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

0
David

From: "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net>

> Apparently Verizon pulled a switch last night that is killing P-Mail from
> performing POP3 and SMTP.
>
> The settings advised by Verizon and have been used successfully until last
> night:
>
> # Incoming mail server (POP3): incoming.verizon.net
> # Incoming Server Port Numbers: 995
> # Outgoing mail server (SMTP): outgoing.verizon.net
> # Outgoing Server Port Numbers: 465
> # Your Verizon Online user name
> # Your Verizon Online password
> # Make sure "This server requires a secure connection (SSL)" is checked.
>
> I reverted to...
> incoming.verizon.net:110 using "STLS command"
> outgoing.verizon.net:25   using "STARTTLS"
>
> And I am working again.
>
> Apparently the Pegasus Forum has other users in the same boat.  I posted
> this AM but I got the dredded "moderator approval" and that post hasn't
> been approved yet.  However, I was able to reply to another's post on the
> same problem.

This looks to have been rectified.

I got another Vz email about using 995/SSL and 465/SSL so I reapplied the
settings.

I have been sending and receiving email as expected for a couple of days
now.

--
Dave
http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

0
David

Using Pegasus Mail from multiple computers; archiving mail folders
I currently use Pegasus Mail for Windows (XP Professional) from my laptop. I put the mail in a root directory c:\Mail. I am thinking of adding a desktop computer and using my existing laptop much less frequently; I would copy over c:\Mail to a drive on the desktop that could be shared, say d:\Mail, and have a few questions: * I know I'd have to edit pmail.ini to point to d:\Mail . * When I am local and able to access d:\Mail, there should be no problem as long as I have only one client open at a time, I believe. But say that I am remote, perhaps on a trip, and want to use Pegas...

Locking up Windows User when accessing outlook exchange server with java mail class / Windows Nutzer gespeert nach dem Versuch auf OutlookExchange Folder zuzugreifen mit der java.mail class
{English} Hello, we have an exchange server here and I am pulling out the messages from the outlook folder to my database. That works fine. But there are some strange things happening. After a couple of times of testing the connection and opening the Store and the Folder, getting the messages, closing the Folder and closing the Store, my windows / outlook user gets locked. And I don't know why!!! Is it possible that i shouldn't have outlook started in the background? Beacause with the java.mail class I open the Folder in READ_WRITE mode that this interfears with outlook? Thx for ...

MS-Windows mail servers and PHP's mail() function
I have a contact form that uses PHP's mail() function. It recently came to my attention that (some?) MS-Windows mail servers may not properly process data given to the mail() function that's only newline-terminated. The mail() function takes up to five parameters: mail(recipient, subject, message, [headers [,parameters]]) The ones of interest here are the first four. The questions are these: 1. Since recipient and subject are not multi-line, and, from the web form, don't even contain newlines, is it safe to assume they need neither newlines nor carriage-...

Setting up Pegasus Mail for Windows for intranet use only
Hello, I am trying to set up Pegasus Mail for Windows on a MS Windows based network. The "server" machine or machine used to store the messages is on a Win98SE box. I am a bit confused in the setup of this system and have the following questions. 1. I have set up the Pegasus Mail on the "server" PC with no problems. It starts asking about SMTP and POP3 server. Do I need these? 2. Do I need Mercury? I am setting up a simply email system inhouse with about 5 or 6 users. There is and should be no connection to the outside Internet world through this email sy...

Want mercury mail server to send mails using user defined smtp
How do I setup mercury mail server to use some other smtp to deliver mails. Background: My ISPs IP addresses (set of ips) are registered as spam sending and hence all mails sent using this ip bounces back. So I have purchased smtp services and want mercury mail to use that smtp to send mails. Thanks. Samir Cybersurf (India) yaaru wrote: > I have purchased smtp services and want mercury mail to use that > smtp to send mails. > Use the MercuryC SMTP Relay Client Module. -- Regards, Guy <URL:http://guysalias.batcave.net/pgpkeys.txt> [Updated: 4/29...

ESS labels on ESMTP mail: perhaps using Net::Server::Mail::ESMTP
I am searching for a method to generate ESMTP e-mails with ESS labels. The Perl module Net::Server::Mail::ESMTP - "A module to implement the ESMTP protocole", by Olivier Poitrey <rs@rhapsodyk.net> on CPAN, looks like a possibility. However the documentation and source code do not seem to mention ESS labels. Does anyone know whether I can use this or any other library to generate e-mails with ESS labels? Thank-you, Clyde ...

Want mercury mail server to send mails using user defined smtp
How do I setup mercury mail server to use some other smtp to deliver mails. Background: My ISPs IP addresses (set of ips) are registered as spam sending and hence all mails sent using this ip bounces back. So I have purchased smtp services and want mercury mail to use that smtp to send mails. Thanks. Samir Cybersurf (India) [POSTED TO comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE] In <fc389f33.0408060513.55cac989@posting.google.com> on 6 Aug 2004 06:13:37 -0700, samir@cybersurfindia.com (yaaru) wrote: >[SNIP] Per the newsgroup charters, please po...

Pegasus Mail or Pegasus Mail as 'Admin'

Local mail using OS X server with Apple's mail app
I thought everything was running smoothly until today when I tried, for the first time, to send local mail to myself from the Apple mail app. I couldn't make it work. To test further, I tried several mails from the mail app and from the terminal with the following results: From mail app to: rbp goes to terminal rbp@localhost goes to terminal rbp@robert-peirces-computer.local error message received on terminal rbp@local.peirce-family.com goes to terminal From terminal to: rbp goes to mail app rbp@localhost goes to mail app rbp@robert-peirces-comp...

Setting up Pegasus Mail for Windows for intranet use only #2
Hello, I continue to have difficulties in setting up Pegasus Mail for use on a Microsoft Windows based network. I initially set up the software on a machine running Windows 98SE. The version I'm installing is 4.41a. It was my understanding that I can share the drive where Pegasus Mail (E:\PMAIL) is installed and simply have other workstations run this copy of the software without installing a separate version on any of the workstations. I do not want to have any Internet e-mail addresses (i.e. mike@mgi.com), but simply users like mike, jo, frank, chris, etc. I could not ...

How to convert Pegasus mail from Netware to Windows Server 2003?
How to convert Pegasus mail from Netware to Windows Server 2003? We cannot read email by Pegasus in Windows after copy the email folder from Netware Server. Server information: The Mercury (NLM version 1.48) The Mercury (Win32 version 4.01a) ...

How to forward use another mail server to send email
Hello, I have setup sendmail on my cable service connection. I have tried to send an email to a friend at aol.com, but aol.com does not accept emails from servers with dynamic IP. Therefore my questions is: Can sendmail detect an outgoing email that is going to a specified server (i.e. aol.com) from a local user, and try to send it using another server? (I guess if my ISP doesn't allow relaying from local users, can it send using username/password?) Any help is appreciated! Thank you in advance. Gary G T wrote: > Hello, > I have setup sendmail on my cable service connection. I ha...

How to convert Pegasus mail from Netware to Windows Server 2003?
How to convert Pegasus mail from Netware to Windows Server 2003? We cannot read email by Pegasus in Windows after copy the email folder from Netware Server. Server information: The Mercury (NLM version 1.48) The Mercury (Win32 version 4.01a) ...

How to send email using the mail function on Windows XP?
Hi I am using the mail function to send a mail like this: $b = mail("my_real_email_address@gmail.com", "Hello from PHP", "Hi, finally sent an email successfully"); But it failed. Could you guide me to get it work? Regards Warren Warren Tang escribi�: > I am using the mail function to send a mail like this: > > $b = mail("my_real_email_address@gmail.com", "Hello from PHP", > "Hi, finally sent an email successfully"); > > But it failed. Could you guide me to get it work? Find these lines in you...

mail server on windows server 2003
Hi Gurus I would like to run a mail server on 2003 that does the following: 1. collect emails from several other mail servers (e.g. mail.myisp.com) using the pop3 method. 2. allow people connected to the servers domain/network to - send emails from their outlook program - receive emails in their outlook program - send emails locally (without going through our ISP) to other people who are connected to the server (e.g. from Jo to Mike who are both connected to the server domain). My questions are: 1. can MS Windows Server do this, OR 2. would you recommend a program f...

how do backup deliver to smtp server mail or copy all mail forward a mail account?
thanks! a wrote: ISP & MX > thanks! Anytime Wolfgang ...

ASA5510 dmz mail server forwarding to lan mail server
Hello Everyone, I am trying to bring up a new mail server in the dmz. I would like dmz mail server to receive mail for our domain, store messages in users' mailboxes, then forward messages inward to inside mail server. Below is an example of my running-config. I believe i need to include this line: static (inside,dmz) 10.1.1.1 inside_mail netmask 255.255.255.255 However when I do I receive: INFO: Global address overlaps w/ NAT exempt configuration I feel like there may be more ways than one to make this work, but need a little help. Communication is up between internal subnets - my problem...

How to set mail server to pass internet mail to other server for processing?
Dear Guys, My SendMail Server is currently being setup to send & receive mail locally only. How could I set the mail server so that it would pass internet mail to other server for processing. FYI, I am using SendMail v8.12.11 & I am new to SendMail. Thank you very much in advance. Regards, CL "CL" <cl@xtreamys.com> wrote in message news:416b307d$1_1@news.tm.net.my > My SendMail Server is currently being setup to send & receive mail > locally only. How could I set the mail server so that it would pass > internet mail to other server for processing. FYI...

I use Pegasus Mail to filter E-mail and block spam for FREE, all spam.pnp updates posted here!
I was using Pegasus Mail in the 90's and recently decided to look at it again. The author's web site is http://www.pmail.com and he has continued its development into something incredibly useful. Most amazing of all is that he keeps it free by only selling the documentation.. Anyway, in addition to its neat automatic spam content filter, you can create and utilize custom filters which will in fact filter everything and do so on the server side, if you tell it to. I figured it all out in one night using the HELP INDEX included with Pegasus Mail. The filter file I...

Mail and imported mail in mail app

Decode this e-mail header (Apple e-mail server mac.com used to send virus link)
This material originally comes from a post made recently in can.internet.highspeed. Seems that someone was following a link in Craigslist and came across a suspect URL that was communicated via private e-mail: ----------------- Please verify this website - I could not open the "file" on separate windows machines after scanning for virii. The URL was confirmed by email. hxxp://www.multiscan.ca/warehouse_price.exe If there is a price list (as expected), please post the answer here. The original posting appeared on Craigslist under Computers (sale). If you want or need the email of the guy who responded to me, it is warehouse2@mac.com And the message to me was: From: warehouse2@mac.com Greetings, All products are available for pickup! For all details and contacts please check our self executable price list at: hxxp://www.multiscan.ca/warehouse_price.exe We accept payment by COD! DC Warehouse, LLC ------------------ The file warehouse_price.exe is still available for download as I type this. The domain "mac.com" is known as a source of spam. It is now part of a very new malware campaign. The attached e-mail file is detected as MewOrleans-based!Maximus but only by about 25% of the two dozen different AV scanners at VirusTotal. The way I read this: - the 4'th received line contains the source (or sender): 66.111.4.25 (out1.smtp.messagingengine.com) - If that i...

Sending email from Tcl using a local outgoing mail server or MTA
I am able to send email from Tcl using the built in smtp::sendmessage however it requires that I use an existing mail server, for example smtp.gmail.com, and therefore my mail is to: me@gmail.com from: me@gmail.com. This requires users of my application to have a gmail account, and worse, the new mail winds up in the "sent" folder. I would like to be able to send email to: <recipient> from: me@hostname. I don't care about receiving mail, just sending it. My application is just reporting results to the user. I've played with the smtpd package to create a server, and...

Mail.app
I have a strange problem on ONE mail account When I use the mail server name 'mail.ecotic.fr' I cannot connect to it using the IP address, that's fine I checked with my ISP , the mail server address name is fine on their side ... I tried to use telnet same issue with the address name... funny, I gave all account information to one of my colleagues (using mail.app on mac too) and he got the same issue.... and also using the IP address is fine.... is there any 'ghost' effect.. cache issue ? I can handle IP address, but I'd ike to understand what's wrong in my...

Web resources about - Verizon kills use of P-Mail on the email server - comp.pegasus-mail.windows

Verizon FiOS Deals - Get FiOS TV, Internet & Home Phone Deals
Verizon FiOS &#9733; 866-823-6063 &#9733; Get Verizon FiOS TV, internet and home phone service bundle deals. Check Verizon FiOS availability ...

Verizon Popup Verizon - Landing
... Residential TV, Internet and landline phone for your home. Business Services and tools for all your business needs. Corporate: Verizon Verizon ...

Verizon Insider - Your Social Universe Awaits
Verizon Insider gives you the inside scoop on the latest tech from Verizon Wireless, plus cool blogs, local events, exclusive contests, and much ...

Verizon Security & Safety Center
Verizon helps you manage and create the digital experience that's just right for you with tools like Verizon Security Suite, Spam Controls, Security ...

Cell Phones - Smartphones: Cell Phone Service, Accessories - Verizon Wireless
Cell phones, Apple iPhones, 3g smartphones, CPO/refurbished phones and cell phone plans with the best cell phone accessories at Verizon Wireless. ...

Verizon Wireless - Open Developm
ent The Open Development site is currently available on the Internet only. To access the site within the Verizon corporate network, please follow ...

Verizon - MyVerizon 3.0 - Login
My Verizon gives you breaking news, entertainment, videos, local features, sports, community, support, and much more. Sign in to pay your bill, ...

Has Verizon Released the Galaxy Nexus?
Has Verizon Released the Galaxy Nexus?

PolicyBlog-Verizon PolicyBlog
... policies, but today, I wanted to post something written by our intern, Andrew Glass. Andrew visited one of our FiOS research labs and a Verizon ...

Verizon Business Security Blog
It has been an unusually tough week for leaked passwords. LinkedIn , eHarmony , and Last.fm all reported data breaches with users’ passwords ...