3570 Canon Networked Printer won't print

I'm trying to setup a 3570 Canon Printer on my network.   The printer
and workstations are all in the same subnet.  When trying to print a
test page to the printer's ip address I can see that the job goes into
the print queue (from a windows 2000 machine) for a second and has a
job status of "printing".  It then goes out of the queue as if the job
completed and was sent to the printer.  During this time the 3570
Canon Printer makes some noise as if the print job is going to print
(for about 1 to 2 seconds) and then stops.  Nothing comes out of the
printer.  I get no error messages on the workstation.  I can ping the
printer from this workstation.  I can even get into the Remote UI from
the workstation so I know it's unlikely a network related problem.
I'm using the following print driver version which is the latest on
Canon's website: "PCL5e-c6v8.0_v6.0_Setup.exe"  When looking at the
"Print Job" logs on the 3570 I get the following:

Job Number: XXXX
Result: NG
Job Name: Test Page
User: Jdoe
Start time: 04/26/2007 14:18:37
End Time: 04/26/2007 14:18:37
Sheet X Copies: 0X0
End Code: #853

Sometimes I will get the following:

Result: OK
Sheet X Copies: 0X0
End Code: OK

In either of these cases nothing comes out of the printer and I get
the same result as I described above.  I can't seem to find out what
these "end codes" mean.  Any help would be great.  If you need
firmware versions of the 3570 to help resolve this let me know.

0
b33gopher

b33gopher <b33gopher@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to setup a 3570 Canon Printer on my network.   The printer
> and workstations are all in the same subnet.  When trying to print a
> test page to the printer's ip address I can see that the job goes into
> the print queue (from a windows 2000 machine) for a second and has a
> job status of "printing".  It then goes out of the queue as if the job
> completed and was sent to the printer.  During this time the 3570
> Canon Printer makes some noise as if the print job is going to print
> (for about 1 to 2 seconds) and then stops.  Nothing comes out of the
> printer.  I get no error messages on the workstation.

That's a printer/copier, and it may be configured to keep print jobs in
a "mailbox" until the user walks up to it and tells it to print them.
That might be configurable in the driver.

Your supplier or servicing company ought to be happy to help get it
working.

Warren
4/26/2007 7:08:39 PM
On Apr 26, 3:08 pm, Warren Block <wbl...@wonkity.com> wrote:
> b33gopher <b33gop...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm trying to setup a 3570CanonPrinter on my network.   The printer
> > and workstations are all in the same subnet.  When trying to print a
> > test page to the printer's ip address I can see that the job goes into
> > the print queue (from a windows 2000 machine) for a second and has a
> > job status of "printing".  It then goes out of the queue as if the job
> > completed and was sent to the printer.  During this time the 3570
> >CanonPrinter makes some noise as if the print job is going to print
> > (for about 1 to 2 seconds) and then stops.  Nothing comes out of the
> > printer.  I get no error messages on the workstation.
>
> That's a printer/copier, and it may be configured to keep print jobs in
> a "mailbox" until the user walks up to it and tells it to print them.
> That might be configurable in the driver.
>
> Your supplier or servicing company ought to be happy to help get it
> working.
>
> --
> Warren Block * Rapid City, South Dakota * USA

Warren,

I did double check to make sure the printer properties had the "output
method" set to "Print" and not to "Secured Print" or "Store", but did
not include it in my original post.  At this time, we don't want to
get the supplier involved if we can help it.

0
b33gopher
4/30/2007 12:37:54 PM
 At this time, we don't want to
> get the supplier involved if we can help it.

why not?

0
eager
4/30/2007 1:54:35 PM
On Apr 30, 9:54 am, "eager" <e...@beaver.it> wrote:
>  At this time, we don't want to
>
> > get the supplier involved if we can help it.
>
> why not?

I've had issues with getting technical support in the past from this
vendor.  So, if I could solve this issue on my own it would less
hassle.

0
b33gopher
4/30/2007 5:38:53 PM
"b33gopher" <b33gopher@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Apr 30, 9:54 am, "eager" <e...@beaver.it> wrote:
>>  At this time, we don't want to
>>
>> > get the supplier involved if we can help it.
>>
>> why not?
>
> I've had issues with getting technical support in the past from this
> vendor.  So, if I could solve this issue on my own it would less
> hassle.

There should be other canon dealers in your area ....
It's nice to do things on your own and save some money too, but at the end
of the day, is it worth the time and frustration?
What about if your machine needs a firmware upgrade?

0
eager
5/1/2007 1:55:29 PM
On May 1, 8:55 am, "eager" <e...@beaver.it> wrote:
> "b33gopher" <b33gop...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > On Apr 30, 9:54 am, "eager" <e...@beaver.it> wrote:
> >>  At this time, we don't want to

> >> why not?
>
> > I've had issues with getting technical support in the past from this
> > vendor.  So, if I could solve this issue on my own it would less
> > hassle.
>
> There should be other canon dealers in your area ....
> It's nice to do things on your own and save some money too, but at the end
> of the day, is it worth the time and frustration?
> What about if your machine needs a firmware upgrade?

My suggestion would be to find different drivers.  I had the exact
same error on a Canon IR C3220 Multifunction and I got the #853 end
code.  I had set this printer up before and it was successful in the
past, so I couldn't figure out why it wasn't working this time.  Well
after I ran through some troubleshooting steps I realized that instead
of using the bunk driver "Canon iR C3220 PCL5c", I used a variation of
it "Canon iR C3220-C1 PCL5c".  Notice the '-C1' difference.  If you
have a variation of the driver you're trying to use, try these as I'm
guessing you'll get the same results.

0
enigmafyv

Ubuntu Lurid crapware: "hibernate hangs...ethernet disabled...no network...shutdown hangs...CD won't write...printer won't print"
"I wanted to upgrade but couldn't, for reasons not understood having to do with repository stuff. So I installed new ubuntu in dual boot with old ubuntu. Installed OK on my old e-machine. Then I decided to hibernate. Hung. Turned off power. Now the ethernet card is disabled on boot and I cannot get to network. Even if I ifconfig the card. Also, shutdown hangs like hibernate did. I have no clue how to fix this. Fortunately, old ubuntu still comes up and gets to network or I wouldn't be here. Unfortunately, cd rw won't write and printer won't print since ...

Printer won't print, messages won't delete in WindowsXP Pro
I'm running Windows XP Pro with a Lexmark Z22 printer. Often when I try to print, the printing notification widow pops up. As usual, I hear "Printing started," but nothing happens while the seconds are ticking away on the clock. If I try to cancel the job, then check the printing queue, the job is still there, marked "Deleting." The only way to get it to print is to restart, then it works (until the next time). The only way to delete the unsuccessful print job is to go into task manager under Processes and try to guess which process to delete. This works, when I g...

Canon printer won't recognize network
My my Canon MX882 had been connected to my network. The setup was easy after I bought my printer. It displayed the network, I entered the passcode and it work! However, I recently replaced my router and have a new access point code. Desktop, laptop, iPad and e-reader all connected. But the printer doesn't show the network! It shows all the networks in the building, my neighbor's for instance, but not my network. I tried manually entering it, but that doesn't work. I'm at a loss... any ideas? Thanks - From: "dcblogs administrator" <dcblogs@gmail.com>...

Canon i560 printer won't print black
I have an i560 printer. It has suddenly stopped printing black. I have the service manual, but it doesn't give any circuit diagrams. Can anyone help? I looked on the internet, and a number of people have had this problem, but most of the answers tell them to replace the ink cartridge - as if that was not the first thing anyone intelligent would do! I have played around with it, and I find that if I plug it into my laptop it prints a Word text document perfectly - so the black cartidge and printhead must be O.K. When I use my RISC PC it doesn't print, so it would appear that the prin...

Canon S600 printer won't print in black
Hello everyone, I've got a Canon S600 inkjet printer which was working perfectly fine until a couple of days ago in which i was rearranging my computer station to another room. All that was done was that the printer was disconnected and moved temporarily. Upon re-connection, I noticed that anything I try to print in black (ie. Word document or web pages) doesn't print. Other colors including grey print fine. I've checked that all the ink cartridges are full, tried reinstalling/updating the drivers etc. but nothing. If anyone has any insight in what the problem might...

Canon i560 printer won't print black #2
My Canon i560 has suddenly stopped printing black. I've looked on the internet, and quite a few people seem to have had this happen, and the only suggestion is "change the black ink cartridge" - which is what anyone with any intelligence would do anyway! It won't print black text from Impression on my RISC PC, but when I plug the printer into my laptop with the USB it prints out "Word" documents perfectly. I suspect this is because the RISC PC prints documents as graphics, and it has stopped printing graphics. Anyway, it proves that there is no fault with the blac...

Computer won't allow Printer To Be Added... and dies when HP Network Printer Wizard Runss..
One of my WIN98SE networked printers won't add printers. Two other computers on the network nicely added the new printer with no problems. There is a DirectJet 500 printer server on the network which is functional For the troublesome computer, the Printer applet in Control Pannel and in My Computer just won't run. These run on the other networked computers. When I run HP Network Printer Setup Wizard, it dies or claims the printer isn't networked, on this particular computer. The wizard runs fine on the other networked computers. The network protocols active a...

Printer just won't print
I configured my printer with APSFILTER. It usually works very well, but this time I tried to install CUPS before and it might be why I've had problems ever since. When I look at the printer settings in KDE, everything seems fine. When I try to print a document, I receive a message saying that data is sent to the printer, but nothing happens thereafter. I don't even recieve an error message. I can't even print from the command line with lpr /etc/hosts or echo "Hello World" | lpr -PCan300. No error message, no nothing. lpq (ou lpstat) yields: Printer: Can300@here ...

Doesn't print on network printer
After install cups and remove cups, my redhat 7.3 (2.4.20) never print again. The lpq will show: Printer: pr3@dhcp212 Queue: no printable jobs in queue Server: no server active Status: job 'nick@dhcp212+631' removed at 11:32:57.687 Rank Owner/ID Class Job Files Size Time done nick@dhcp210+680 A 680 (STDIN) 191263 20:59:07 But windows machine print well. How to trace this problem? I tried to change to unix print to jetdirect, both doesn't work (it works before). ...

printer won't print straight
At work, we have an HP clolor laserjet 4600. I had a document with a border. When I printed it, the document apparently was not straight, as the margin to the top of the border was slanted. Does it just about every time, although the slant differs from time to time. Is there some calibration I can do? Thanks, Peter This is a common problem with laser printers. As the paper feed rollers wear, paper can slip and slide as it is being pulled through the printer resulting in skewiff borders. You will need to replace the paper feed rollers. James Sodor www.whatcartridge.com ...

Printer won't print black?
Hi, I have an Epson printer. When I changed out the black cartridge this time it wouldn't print. After many hours of frustration - trying a different new cartridge, printing in colors, cleaning printing heads repeatedly, uninstalling and reinstalling driver, and communicating with Epson - I have discovered this morning that it may not be the printer. I installed a different printer, hp officejet 6100 all-in-one, went through all the software installation procedures and finally attempted to print the document from yesterday. Did not print in black ink??? I printed the sa...

Epson printer won't print
A friend of mine with an Epson USB printer a couple years old running under Windows 98 is having a problem not being able to print. She says the printer indicates no paper is present when there is ample paper. When the printer is turned off and then back on it usually prints. Is there a fairly easy solution for this problem? ...

Laser Printer Won't Print
I've owned my Minolta QMS 1200w for five year and the last time I changed the cartridge was four years ago. Today I tried to print a document and keep getting the error message "This document failed to print". I've checked the parallel cable connections and power supply, tried printing from the command prompt without success. I've uninstalled the printer and reinstalled using the "Add Printer" again without success. I've taken the cartridge out of the printer and gently shaken it from side to side. I'm pretty sure that the cartridge is empty e...

Printer won't print any colors!
Canon i850, WinXP, USB. Don't know what's going on here. Printer worked normally a week or 2 ago when I last used it. But now it will only print black--no colors. I've uninstalled/reinstalled it. Updated driver to latest. Cleaned print head by removing it from printer and also from Maintenance tab. Any more ideas? First of all what happens when you do a nozzle test print from th printers maintenance Window....are there any colours showing on th test strip.. Dav "Davy" <no@spam.invalid> wrote in message news:%S83g.193466$iS4.193071...

Web resources about - 3570 Canon Networked Printer won't print - comp.periphs.printers

Networked learning - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
. It has been suggested that networked learning offers educational institutions more functional efficiency, in that the curriculum can be more ...

The Future of Learning, Networked Society - Ericsson - YouTube
Learn more at http://www.ericsson.com/networkedsociety Can ICT redefine the way we learn in the Networked Society? Technology has enabled us ...

MIT panel warns of challenges of hyper-networked world - management, Configuration / maintenance, IDC ...
A panel discussion held at MIT this week hailed major advances in networking technology, but warned that the challenges facing the world's information ...

Liverpool Council creates networked city using e-band microwave
Liverpool's microwave network will provide provide free Wi-Fi, CCTV surveillance, voice and data communications between council networks.

Lone madman or a networked holy warrior?
Following the Sydney siege, we must avoid defaulting to the view that any criminal act that includes a garbled interpretation of the Islamic ...

Eight Questions: Rebecca MacKinnon, "Consent of the Networked"
... bring about the end of Communist Party rule. A decade later, as Ms. MacKinnon documents in her recently released book “Consent of the Networked,” ...

How Novelists Networked
Jason Diamond provides background on the literary clubs of Victorian England: The words “Victorian club scene” might lead you to picture the ...

DOD aims to back up underarmed fighters with networked “arsenal planes”
Converted older planes would carry firepower directed by F-35s and F-22s remotely.

SAE Congress: Chevy Volt OnStar 4G LTE Research Vehicle is networked to the gills
... all sorts of media from the cloud to the back seats: videos, video calls, etc. Via the built-in front screen, the car could also control networked ...