A Virtual Printer That Lets You Print Big Posters With ANY Printer

I want to announce a utility program I've published -- free software,
GPL, this is not a commercial advertisement (and I don't ask for
donations either) -- for the creation of posters .

I think it could make it much easier for all kinds of interest groups
to communicate their message.

Basically, you can create a poster from anything you can print to a
single page on your normal printer.  The poster can be big -- 5 feet,
or more, on a side, if you want.  You can use any application to make
it.  You can grab an image from the internet using your web browser,
for example.  The result is nearly professional quality.  You simply
use clear plastic tape to assemble multiple pages of output into a
poster image.

Currently the OS supported are Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000, Windows
Server 2003, and Windows XP .

Please take a look:
--------------------------------
The "Directory" web site is http://www.geocities.com/poster_printer
The main web site, with screen shots to really show you what it can do,
 is currently  http://www.posterprinter.bravehost.com .

The development web site (this is open source software) is
http://sourceforge.net/projects/posterprinter  BUT this is not yet set
up, I will be getting it online in a few days.

0
poster_printer

poster_printer@yahoo.com wrote:
> I want to announce a utility program I've published -- free software,
> GPL, this is not a commercial advertisement (and I don't ask for
> donations either) -- for the creation of posters .
>
> I think it could make it much easier for all kinds of interest groups
> to communicate their message.
>
> Basically, you can create a poster from anything you can print to a
> single page on your normal printer.  The poster can be big -- 5 feet,
> or more, on a side, if you want.  You can use any application to make
> it.  You can grab an image from the internet using your web browser,
> for example.  The result is nearly professional quality.  You simply
> use clear plastic tape to assemble multiple pages of output into a
> poster image.
>
> Currently the OS supported are Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000, Windows
> Server 2003, and Windows XP .
>
> Please take a look:
> --------------------------------
> The "Directory" web site is http://www.geocities.com/poster_printer
> The main web site, with screen shots to really show you what it can do,
>  is currently  http://www.posterprinter.bravehost.com .
>
> The development web site (this is open source software) is
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/posterprinter  BUT this is not yet set
> up, I will be getting it online in a few days.

I downloaded it and tried it, although I only used it on a mono laser
as that is all I have in this office, it was very easy to use. Prints
came out quite crisp and not "jaggy". I will be trying this on an
inkjet in the next couple of days.

James Sodor
www.whatcartridge.com

0
whatcartridge
7/17/2006 1:26:17 AM
poster_printer@yahoo.com wrote:

> I want to announce a utility program I've published -- free software,
> GPL, this is not a commercial advertisement (and I don't ask for
> donations either) -- for the creation of posters .
>
> I think it could make it much easier for all kinds of interest groups
> to communicate their message.
>
> Basically, you can create a poster from anything you can print to a
> single page on your normal printer.  The poster can be big -- 5 feet,
> or more, on a side, if you want.  You can use any application to make
> it.  You can grab an image from the internet using your web browser,
> for example.  The result is nearly professional quality.  You simply
> use clear plastic tape to assemble multiple pages of output into a
> poster image.
>
> Currently the OS supported are Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000, Windows
> Server 2003, and Windows XP .
>
> Please take a look:
> --------------------------------
> The "Directory" web site is http://www.geocities.com/poster_printer
> The main web site, with screen shots to really show you what it can do,
>  is currently  http://www.posterprinter.bravehost.com .
>
> The development web site (this is open source software) is
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/posterprinter  BUT this is not yet set
> up, I will be getting it online in a few days.

Posted on alt.comp.freeware also?

0
Lou

Printer Ink

!Printers: How do I open Printer:$ ?

Queue of printer cycles, but printer does not print
Hi, we have two printers in our network, both connected to a different computer. When installed, they worked well, but now and then they refuse to print and they show a strange bahaviour. When looking in the Queue (Spooler), the print jobs are cycling. So, the first becomes the last while the second becomes the first, thirt becomes second, etc When we restart the computer, the printer starts printing, just befor shutdown. We Run XP-pro. Any ideas????? Thanks, Ben By the way, it is an old panasonic matrix printer (used for labels) and a HP officejet HP 1170c, bot...

Connecting virtual PS printer to physical printer
I have posted this request several times and never got an answer. Here I am again. RDC requires a PS printer. Apple provides a virtual PS printer which W2K recognizes when connecting with RDC. However, how do you connect the virtual PS printer to the physical printer? -- Robert B. Peirce, Venetia, PA 724-941-6883 rbpeirce@adelphia.net [Mac] rbp@cooksonpeirce.com [Office] I would caution you against using your real e-mail in a post -- it's a "come and get it!" for spam! I don't see that RDC requires a PS printer. But a virtual printer, in any case, is just that....

IE - Print to Default Printer
Hello, I have an .asp page that needs to print multiple, seperate text documents to 1 printer. That one printer could be any printer based on the user. I aldready have the hDC (Device Context) of their desired printer on a previous page. I simply want to do the Window.print or some other method to print these documents without having the Print Dialog box display forceing the user to select the same printer over and over again. This can be in either JavaScript or VBScript for all I care. Heck, even .Net if need-be. I just really need help. TIA, Kevin ...

necessary to install printer driver for shared printer on computer that is not attached to printer?
We have two computers, one has XP OS and the other Win 7 OS. We have an HP Office Jet All in One Color printer attached to the XP computer. In order to access the printer from the Win 7 computer, is it necessary to install the HP drivers on the Win 7 computer in addition to the XP computer? best, Aaron From: <aaronep@pacbell.net> > We have two computers, one has XP OS and the other Win 7 OS. We > have an HP Office Jet All in One Color printer attached to the XP > computer. In order to access the printer from the Win 7 computer, is > it necessary to in...

How can I send a print to a different printer than the default printer?
I want to send my print to a different printer than the default printer. The only argument i have is the 'cDevice'. Is it possible to do that ? Regards George Hi George, try this: FUNCTION SetDefaultPrinter(cPrinter AS STRING) AS LOGIC // Set the given printer to be the default printer // cPrinter: name of printer to be made default // returns: whether successful LOCAL hPrinter AS PTR LOCAL pInfo AS _WinPrinter_Info_2 LOCAL size AS DWORD LOCAL done AS LOGIC IF OpenPrinter(String2Psz(cPrinter), @hPrinter, NULL_PTR) GetPrinter(hPrinter, 2, NULL_PTR, 0, @size)...

A printer attached to Windows report printer faulted printing
Does anybody knows how to solve this error? The output below is from a printer attached to an Windows Server root@sapunx10 # lpstat -p BAPRIP01 printer BAPRIP01 faulted printing BAPRIP01-0. enabled since Dec 28 11:03 2006. available. Windows NT LPD Server Printer BAPRIP01 Owner Status Jobname Job-Id Size Pages Priority ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- root (10.0. Waiting /etc/apache/httpd-s 1326 9402 0 1 cbpadm (10. Waiting /usr/sap/CBP/D01/da 240...

ATTAC "On the Fly printing" printing to default printer regardless of printer choice in dialog box.
Our application has used this PrintersClass module for some time without a problem but some new Toughbooks have caused problems. We use laser printers, usually the default choice, and some label printers. The label printers use the Seagull Scientific print drivers. The new notebooks will not print to the selected label printers even though the default printer for the report comes up in the dialog box as the selected printer. Even if you redundantly select this label printer again, before selecting print, you get the label printed to the user profile's default printer instead of the selecte...

I am told that if you take a piece of paper that you printed on, put it back in the printer, and print on it again, that this will hurt the printer. Is this true?
I am told that if you take a piece of paper that you printed on, put it back in the printer, and print on it again, that this will hurt the printer. Is this true? "Enda80" <fasb80@gmail.com> wrote in message news:a1ec1b40-d0e7-4824-aa7d-c968a5a6a654@z66g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... >I am told that if you take a piece of paper that you printed on, put > it back in the printer, and print on it again, that this will hurt > the > printer. Is this true? I did it once and the printer was so hurt it bawled like a baby for 15 minutes! "Enda80&qu...

printer supplies or new printer
I am running a RiscPC700 (NO strongarm), withComputer Concepts turboprinter feeding a Canon BJC210. I only use it for !HolyBible and !Sibelius6 I need either ink cartidges for the printer, or a new printer that turbo will recognise. Any suggestion? (PS - sorry I use a Windows for internet and everything else.) "Letmesnapu2" <alan.r.archer@btinternet.com> wrote: > I am running a RiscPC700 (NO strongarm), withComputer Concepts turboprinter > feeding a Canon BJC210. > > I only use it for !HolyBible and !Sibelius6 > > I need either ink cartidges for ...

Duplex printers and CD printers
Is Canon still the only manufacturer who sells printers in the USA that can print on both sides of the paper automatically? Is Epson still the only manufacturer who sells printers in the USA that can print on CDs? Thank you in advance for all replies. -- For some strange reason those of us who are owned by cats ascribe motives to the cat that are more benign than the cat's real motives. For example if the cat gets in the way when we are trying to do something we say it is "helping". Daniel Prince wrote: > Is Canon still the only manufacturer who sells printer...

Web resources about - A Virtual Printer That Lets You Print Big Posters With ANY Printer - comp.periphs.printers

Virtual-Strategy Magazine - Your leading source for virtualization news
Virtual Strategy Magazine is an online publication devoted entirely to virtualization technologies.

Connectix Virtual Game Station - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Released at a time when the Sony PlayStation was at its peak of popularity, Virtual Game Station was the first PlayStation emulator, for any ...

Apple now sells virtual reality headset for iPhones
We are now in the early days of the consumer virtual reality market. Few companies have developed headsets so far, and even fewer actually have ...

The evidence is clear: Apple's next big thing will be virtual reality
What's Apple's next big product? A growing amount of evidence indicates that Apple is developing something with virtual reality technology. ...

Google virtual reality should be WAY better than Cardboard
Google is readying a new VR headset, say rumor-mongers. The inevitable “people familiar with its plans” have scurried out the woodwork to spill ...

Google Developing New Smartphone-Based Virtual Reality Headset
The upcoming VR headset will replace Google Cardboard as the company moves to add more features and capabilities for users.

Virtual Reality And Journalism Can They Get Along?
On the face of it - Virtual Reality and Journalism seem like two words that just can’t co-exist. Journalism is about covering real things, and ...

Facebook Execs Say It's Still Early Days For Virtual Reality - Fortune
Sheryl Sandberg tried to temper investor enthusiasm for the new sci-fi technology.

Google pushes further into virtual reality
New product to take on Facebook’s Oculus in Silicon Valley’s latest platform war

Did You Know You Can Play Virtual Chess In Facebook Messenger?
... Instead of just using Messenger to send stickers and chat with friends, you can challenge anyone to a game of chess and threaten their virtual ...