Any *good* printer drivers for the HP Photosmart 7550 photo printer in the MAC format?

I'm not picky,...really!  All I want is a printer driver that will
allow me to print up a standard 8.5"x11" page with 3, 5...however many
pictures at one shot.  I am using a PowerMac G4 (Macintosh).  I have
to print one picture, put it back into the paper tray, and hope that in
the next few attempts I won't print over another picture.  There
should at least be software that will
provide the option to show the last few prints where they were on the
page.

HEY, MAC SOFTWARE PROGRAMERS...here's an overlooked oportunity to make
money...this is definately needed!  Type in the preferred size of a
picture and how many of that picture you want printed.  Select 3, 8,
or
however many different pictures you want printed.  When your batch is
complete, press PRINT.  Walk away.  Come back to find all 32 (or
whatever) pictures printed in the way the computer has chosen as the
most efficient use of space...!  Need to trim an 1/8" off a pic to
make
it fit?  The software will give you the option to change the size if
needed and by how much (measurment and/or percentage reduction.  Tell
me-does that exhist?

Thanks for looking into this stuff for me.

0
Curious

Here's one (convoluted)
way..........http://www.ddisoftware.com/qimage/macinfo.htm

"Curious" <dave_williamson@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> I'm not picky,...really!  All I want is a printer driver that will
> allow me to print up a standard 8.5"x11" page with 3, 5...however many
> pictures at one shot.  I am using a PowerMac G4 (Macintosh).  I have
> to print one picture, put it back into the paper tray, and hope that in
> the next few attempts I won't print over another picture.  There
> should at least be software that will
> provide the option to show the last few prints where they were on the
> page.
>
> HEY, MAC SOFTWARE PROGRAMERS...here's an overlooked oportunity to make
> money...this is definately needed!  Type in the preferred size of a
> picture and how many of that picture you want printed.  Select 3, 8,
> or
> however many different pictures you want printed.  When your batch is
> complete, press PRINT.  Walk away.  Come back to find all 32 (or
> whatever) pictures printed in the way the computer has chosen as the
> most efficient use of space...!  Need to trim an 1/8" off a pic to
> make
> it fit?  The software will give you the option to change the size if
> needed and by how much (measurment and/or percentage reduction.  Tell
> me-does that exhist?
>
> Thanks for looking into this stuff for me.

0
SteveB

Any *good* printer drivers for HP Photosmart 7550 Photo printer?
I'm not picky,...really! All I want is a printer driver that will allow me to print up a standard 8.5"x11" page with 3, 5, however many pictures at one shot. I have to print one picture, put it back into the paper tray, and hope that in the next few attempts I won't print over another picture. There should at least be software that will provide the option to show the last few prints where they were on the page. SOFTWARE PROGRAMERS...here's an overlooked oportunity to make money...this is definately needed. Type in the preferred size of a picture and how many of that picture you want printed. Select 3, 8, or however many different pictures you want printed. When your batch is complete, press PRINT. Walk away. Come back to find all 32 (or whatever) pictures printed in the way the computer has chosen as the most efficient use of space...! Need to trim an 1/8" off a pic to make it fit? The software will give you the option to change the size if needed and by how much (measurment and/or percentage reduction. Tell me-does that exhist? Thanks for looking into this stuff for me. "Curious" <dave_williamson@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1105877233.735476.184530@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > I'm not picky,...really! All I want is a printer driver that will > allow me to print up a standard 8.5"x11" page with 3, 5, however many > pictures at one shot. I have to print on...

Any *good* printer drivers for HP Photosmart 7550 Photo printer? #2
I'm not picky,...really! All I want is a printer driver that will allow me to print up a standard 8.5"x11" page with 3, 5, however many pictures at one shot. I have to print one picture, put it back into the paper tray, and hope that in the next few attempts I won't print over another picture. There should at least be software that will provide the option to show the last few prints where they were on the page. SOFTWARE PROGRAMERS...here's an overlooked opportunity to make money...this is definitely needed. Type in the preferred size of a picture and how many of that picture you want printed. Select 3, 8, or however many different pictures you want printed. When your batch is complete, press PRINT. Walk away. Come back to find all 32 (or whatever) pictures printed in the way the computer has chosen as the most efficient use of space...! Need to trim an 1/8" off a pic to make it fit? The software will give you the option to change the size if needed and by how much (measurement and/or percentage reduction. Tell me-does that exhist? Thanks for looking into this stuff for me. ...

Choosing the Right Photo Printer.(hp photo printer binoculars)
hp photo printer binoculars, The photo printers in the market provide great quality photo printing; they are affordable and easy to use. If you choose the right photo printer, you can easily print great digital photos and be amazed. If you do not feel ready to start using a photo printer yet, you can also find an inkjet printer that produces good quality high resolution pictures. There are also mobile photo printers if you are planning to print on the go. Here are the important points to consider when buying a photo printer: Resolution, Resolution is one of the most important...

Canon Cat printer driver for HP printer

HP 960 C Deskjet printer
A puzzling issue - I have paviliion running win xp sp2 (about 4 years old) and have a minor glitch when I print a document from powerpoint 2003. I was able to find a newer driver (from late 2001) and tried to install it. But the printer driver assistant "wants to close" and send error message to microsoft. I have tried several times to do this update but it fails. I tried uninstalling the software from add/remove programs but nothing happens when I try to do that. HP support had me modify the registry and remove a subfolder relating to this printer, but that also did not hel...

necessary to install printer driver for shared printer on computer that is not attached to printer?
We have two computers, one has XP OS and the other Win 7 OS. We have an HP Office Jet All in One Color printer attached to the XP computer. In order to access the printer from the Win 7 computer, is it necessary to install the HP drivers on the Win 7 computer in addition to the XP computer? best, Aaron From: <aaronep@pacbell.net> > We have two computers, one has XP OS and the other Win 7 OS. We > have an HP Office Jet All in One Color printer attached to the XP > computer. In order to access the printer from the Win 7 computer, is > it necessary to in...

Printer addendum for HP printer

Printer drivers for new printers
I have just bought a couple of printers and I am trying to find drivers for them without any success. The printers I have are a Canon S330 and a Canon i950. Both are connected on a windows printer/home control server. For the S330 I have used the S300 printer driver (qimp-print), the print quality is horrible but at least it prints the correct size, as for the i950, I used the BJC-8200 printer driver and it prints at 1/4 of the size it is supposed to. Canon only supports windows and Mac os, at least that is their official response. Is there anywhere I can find printer driv...

0S 9 drivers/printer description files for HP printer?
Someone I know has an old G4 running OS 9.2.2 They recently replaced an old dead GCC Elite XL 608 printer with a new HP LaserJet 5200 printer. The GCC printer was connected by ethernet. The HP is connected by USB. The CD that came with it has only OS X drivers. The old GCC printer used to show up in chooser under Laserwriter 8 But this printer does not seem to be listed at all in chooser. HP's website does not have any OS 9 drivers for this printer. I don't know anything about setting up printers on OS 9, but I found something called desktop printer utility I think. I ran that and I...

Printer Ink

Command-line/Applescript printer creation
I'm trying to script adding a printer but am have trouble finding the PPD. A sample script references the ppd file as "laserjet.ppd" but it appears that HP's PPDs are all named "printer_model.gz". The script is completing but the new printer doesn't have the correct driver if I use "printer.gz". Any suggestions? Are the .gz files the new format for printer PPDs? Thanks. A bit late... ["Followup-To:" alt.comp.lang.applescript] L wrote at 2005-08-25 in <news:Xns96BCF388362C5lnllnllnllnlorginval@216.196.97.131> > I'm trying t...

HP PHOTOSMART PHOTO PRINTER
Hi, I'm searching the Hp Photosmart Photo printer for win2000 driver. Thank's a lot S�b@ (France...) >On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 10:49:12 +0200, "S�b@" <sebastien.vischer@wanadoo.fr> wrote: >Hi, > > I'm searching the Hp Photosmart Photo printer for win2000 driver. > > Thank's a lot > > S�b@ (France...) It shouldn't be that hard to find but not knowing what model you have start here and work your way around the site. http://www.hp.com/cposupport/prodhome/hpphotosm...

!Printers: How do I open Printer:$ ?

HP Universal printer driver Postscript, old Postscript 2 printer and Acrobat 8
hello, I've installed the Universal printer driver Postscript, downloaded at http://www.hp.com/go/upd I've a problem with Adobe Acrobat 8 and two old printer with Postscript level 2 support (Laserjet 2200 and Color Laserjet 4500). Some document are not printed, and I got only a page which say I had send a postscript level 3 document to the printer. When I use the standard PS driver within Windows (and not the universal HP drivers), and I do File Print... Advanced option in Acrobat 8, I got "level 2 Postscript" in Poscript option. When I use the HP UPD PS driver , and I do...

HP printer vs. Canon printer

I have a Canon PIXMA ip4000 printer attached via USB to my PC. My Mac can see it and add it but it cannot load the right driver. I installed the printer on the Mac as well then re connected it to the PC hoping that after the Mac would be able to locate or display the proper Canon driver. Any idea how to get the correct driver assigned to this shared printer? Thanks, Om Mac- G4/450 w 512MB RAM 10.3.8, Canon driver 2.6.0 PC- Win2K Pro- printer shared Both machines network flawlessly together ...

Printer name = printer driver name ?
Hello, here's something I would like to understand. My new HP 1012 laser printer is connected to a WIN98SE PC. This PC is in a network with two WIN2000 PC's. After installing the drivers on these PC's I notice that the printer does not have the share name I assigned to it at the WIN98SE PC, but rather the name of the driver. Everything works at this moment, but... this looks strange to me. Did I do something wrong ? Any comments ? Thank you -- R-ton ...

Unable to print from old NEC SuperScript 870 printer after installing HP DeskJet 450 mobile printer driver.
Hi. Is there a reason why I cannot have multiple printer drivers set up at the same time? My father's old Toshiba laptop runs Windows 98 SE and has various printer drivers installed. He has an Epson 785EPX, NEC SuperScript 870, HP DeskJet 450 mobile printer, and many others that I cannot remember right now. Both NEC and HP printers use LPT1/parallel port. Epson printer uses USB port through an USB hub. I don't know about the other printers. NEC printer didn't have any problems before installing HP's printer driver and rebooting. HP printer worked. Then, we switc...

HP Photosmart printer/PCL3 driver
Hi, Is there any such thing available? According to HP, this printer only speaks "HP PCL3". Nothing obvious on Hobbes or IBM support which I can find, and it's not listed on os2warp.be's hardware compatibility list... For that matter, can I even get OS/2 to talk to this sucker given that it has a direct ethernet connection, and the only ports which appear to be available to me are LPT and pipes? Thanks, -d. On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 10:14:04 UTC, "dguy" <mostly_harmless@sympatico.ca> wrote: > Hi, > > Is there any such thing...

"Photo" printers cheaper than "non-photo" printers?
I'm looking for a "non-photo" printer and from what I'm seeing, for the most part, non photo printers are more expensive than photo printers. Why? Monica "Monica" <nospam@guess.com> wrote in message news:akiee.15829$yV4.6261@okepread03... > I'm looking for a "non-photo" printer and from what I'm seeing, for the most > part, non photo printers are more expensive than photo printers. Why? I'm doing the same because I already have an Epson 2100 for printing photos. I think the reason for this strange price difference is because they are aimed at office use rather than home use. Check the "duty cycle" figures in the specs. This is the number of pages per month the printer is designed to handle (a measure of how rugged it is). Monica wrote: >I'm looking for a "non-photo" printer and from what I'm seeing, for the most >part, non photo printers are more expensive than photo printers. Why? >Monica > > Because they are usually business printers and made for speed with reasonable quality. The HP 1200 is one of the models out there. > > > There are a few reasons non-photo printers are more costly at original acquisition. 1) as mentioned they are usually designed for more durability, ease of use, etc, because they will be moving a LOT more paper through them. Most of the printing will be text or small gr...

Web resources about - Any *good* printer drivers for the HP Photosmart 7550 photo printer in the MAC format? - comp.periphs.printers

Multi Function Devices - Review - Canon Pixma, HP Photosmart
A multifunction device designed to print, scan, copy and even send faxes could make the perfect addition to your study or home office.

Wireless HP Photosmart reviews and sweepstakes with 8 ways to win!
... find out who won this, and other BlogHer special offers HERE!  HP has asked seven "tethered" BlogHers to try out their new Wireless HP Photosmart ...

HP Photosmart 7510 e-All-in-One review
The Photosmart 7510 is an excellent printer for home offices and families that will take advantage of its wireless printing features like ePrint ...

HP brings AirPrint, ePrint to Photosmart 7520, 6520 printers
HP has introduced two all-in-one printers with remote printing, each aimed at students going back to school or college. Both the Photosmart 7520 ...

HP's Photosmart eStation Android tablet hands-on (update: video!)
So here it is, after months of details coming to light an inkdrop at a time, the HP eStation all-in-one printing solution. But we\'re not gonna ...

HP Photosmart eStation: An Android Tablet and Printer-In-One For $400
... $400 Android tablet—with a docking printer thrown in for good measure—sounds too good to be true, that's because it is, kind of. But HP's Photosmart ...

Hands-On With HP’s Photosmart eStation Printer And Its Detachable Android Tablet (Video)
... Envy brand that’s meant to complement the company’s laptops by the same name. But the one that grabbed our attention was the Photosmart eStation, ...

Review: HP Photosmart 6520 e-All-in-One printer
For a light-volume home or student user, this multifunction printer offers decent speed and features, and average-priced inks.

HP Photosmart Pro B9180 Photo Printer
The HP Photosmart Pro B9180 Photo Printer prints superb photos on your choice of fine-art papers.

HP Photosmart 7520 e-All-in-One Printer review: fast home machine with great output quality
The best features of HP's $200 Photosmart 7520 e-All-in-One multifunction inkjet printer (MFP) may be its output quality and the 4.33-inch LCD ...