Any HP printer with individual colored ink cartridges?

I'm a long time HP printer user, and I'm looking at purchasing a new inkjet
printer. I would like to save money by buying an inkjet that uses individual
colored ink cartridges. Well, at least I think I'll save money. It seems HP
does not make inkjet with individual ink cartridge for each color, is it?

Also among the major printer manufacturer, like HP, Canon, Epson; it seems
only HP build the print head in the ink cartridge. I have been very
satisfied with HP printer, but I would like to try another brand. I have the
impression HP inkjet printers are expensive to operate. Any
ideas/opinions/comments welcomed.

BTW, the Canon Pixma printers look interesting, especially the double-sided
print feature.

0
Buyer

In message <bNXpd.194224$df2.13748@edtnps89>, Buyer <buyer@printer.com>
writes
>I'm a long time HP printer user, and I'm looking at purchasing a new inkjet
>printer. I would like to save money by buying an inkjet that uses individual
>colored ink cartridges. Well, at least I think I'll save money. It seems HP
>does not make inkjet with individual ink cartridge for each color, is it?
>
>Also among the major printer manufacturer, like HP, Canon, Epson; it seems
>only HP build the print head in the ink cartridge. I have been very
>satisfied with HP printer, but I would like to try another brand. I have the
>impression HP inkjet printers are expensive to operate. Any
>ideas/opinions/comments welcomed.

CP1700 is a nice HP machine.  Separate ink carts, but also separate
print heads.

Carts are expensive but contain a lot of ink so last a long time.  Pigs
to refill though.  I have managed to source appropriate ink, but not to
get it into the cart without trashing it !

Cheers, J/.
--
John Beardmore
0
Buyer wrote:

>I'm a long time HP printer user, and I'm looking at purchasing a new inkjet
>printer. I would like to save money by buying an inkjet that uses individual
>colored ink cartridges. Well, at least I think I'll save money.

That's the key issue...do you really save money with individual ink
cartridges?

If you use only original cartridges, you won't save much money, if any.
The typical user prints fairly equal amounts of colours. It's only an
advantage if you're a non-typical user and you require prints that use a
lot of one specific colour, such as photos that are all blue sky. I'm a
typical user and ink waste is not really an issue for me.

If you think you're saving money buying just one ink tank at $11
compared to HP's cartridge at $33, think again. The cost of all three
ink tanks is the same price. It only SEEMS like you're spending more
because of the checkout price, but generally you're not.

I've been an HP fan too, and last year I wanted to upgrade to a better
printer with good photo output. Everyone was raving about the Canon
i-series, so I decided to try a Canon i850 with individual ink tanks. It
printed very well, as good or better than the competition, and I was
very impressed. But the printhead (which Canon claimed lasted the life
of the printer) failed after some 4000 sheets and only 16 months. A
friend's i550 also had a printhead fail after only 2500 sheets. I was
very disappointed when I found the cost of a new printhead was %95 of
the cost of a whole new printer.

So I dumped the Canon and went back to HP because the printheads are
never an issue.

When I shopped around for a new printer, I compared page yields with
various brands and models and found that the HP models that used the new
94/96 and 95/97 cartridges have some of the lowest costs per page. I
have little need for direct photo printing, so the model I bought is the
HP Deskjet 6540. It uses the identical cartridges as their Photosmart
8450 and prints just as good. The only differences seem to be related to
direct photo printing features and conveniences. I didn't need any of
those so I was able to save some money on the Deskjet series.

> It seems HP
>does not make inkjet with individual ink cartridge for each color, is it?

Actually they do for their business models. Costs per page are no better
than some of their home printers, but you do get individual ink tanks if
you have non-typical printing needs.

>Also among the major printer manufacturer, like HP, Canon, Epson; it seems
>only HP build the print head in the ink cartridge. I have been very
>satisfied with HP printer, but I would like to try another brand. I have the
>impression HP inkjet printers are expensive to operate.

Many years ago, HP had higher costs per page than the competition, but
they had the advantage of better quality. HP has long since lowered
their costs per page, and it's not really an issue today.

For speed, Canon currently holds the photo print speed records. But HP
and Epson are only seconds behind. For home and office users, the print
speeds are merely bragging rights..."my printer is faster than yours".
Having said that, my new HP printer is only a few seconds slower than my
now defunct Canon, but it prints slightly better.

>BTW, the Canon Pixma printers look interesting, especially the double-sided
>print feature.

Many printers from all of the big names offer duplex printing, either as
a standard feature or an optional component. Only you can determine if
automatic duplex printing is a valid reason to choose one model over
another.

For me, automatic duplex printing doesn't matter - I'm not too lazy to
reach over and flip a few pages if needed. :)
0
Bill
11/27/2004 5:15:51 PM
In message <NJSdnYjIlcjaKzXcRVn-sA@golden.net>, Bill <bill@c.a> writes

>>I'm a long time HP printer user, and I'm looking at purchasing a new inkjet
>>printer. I would like to save money by buying an inkjet that uses individual
>>colored ink cartridges. Well, at least I think I'll save money.
>
>That's the key issue...do you really save money with individual ink
>cartridges?
>
>If you use only original cartridges, you won't save much money, if any.
>The typical user prints fairly equal amounts of colours. It's only an
>advantage if you're a non-typical user and you require prints that use a
>lot of one specific colour, such as photos that are all blue sky. I'm a
>typical user and ink waste is not really an issue for me.

I may not be a typical user (whatever one of those is), but I've
certainly had projects where the CD cover and disk we were working on
were largely blue, and subsequently worked for a company where the
corporate colour is orange.  Both of these hit some of the tanks
noticeably more than others.

>For me, automatic duplex printing doesn't matter - I'm not too lazy to
>reach over and flip a few pages if needed. :)

It's OK for a few sheets, but it's a PITA if you do a lot of copies of
short documents or even occasional large documents.

J/.
--
John Beardmore
0
"Buyer" <buyer@printer.com> wrote in message
> I'm a long time HP printer user, and I'm looking at purchasing a new inkjet
> printer. I would like to save money by buying an inkjet that uses individual
> colored ink cartridges. Well, at least I think I'll save money. It seems HP
> does not make inkjet with individual ink cartridge for each color, is it?

HP has a number of printers that have individual ink tanks, typically designed
for the office environments.  The Business Inkjet 1200 series is an example.
It has very large individual ink tanks and lists for $199 for the base model.
See: http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/sm/WF02a/18972-236251-236261.html for
links to the 1200 and other models.

Regards,

Bob
11/28/2004 9:34:07 PM
Bill wrote:

> That's the key issue...do you really save money with individual ink
> cartridges?
>
> If you use only original cartridges, you won't save much money, if any.
> The typical user prints fairly equal amounts of colours. It's only an
> advantage if you're a non-typical user and you require prints that use a
> lot of one specific colour, such as photos that are all blue sky. I'm a
> typical user and ink waste is not really an issue for me.
>
> If you think you're saving money buying just one ink tank at $11
> compared to HP's cartridge at $33, think again. The cost of all three
> ink tanks is the same price. It only SEEMS like you're spending more
> because of the checkout price, but generally you're not.

I'm on my first non-HP printer and I can't agree with your cost
figures.  My last HP printer used #78 cart and cost very close to $55
and held the same amount of ink in the Canon I now have, and 3x $11 is
a lot lower cost than $55.  The newer carts hold less ink so the lower
cost can't be compared.

If you want to consider refilling, qlty 3rd party ink for my Canon
cost $1 a color to refill and are so much easier than any HP cart to
refill.

> I've been an HP fan too, and last year I wanted to upgrade to a better
> printer with good photo output. Everyone was raving about the Canon
> i-series, so I decided to try a Canon i850 with individual ink tanks. It
> printed very well, as good or better than the competition, and I was
> very impressed. But the printhead (which Canon claimed lasted the life
> of the printer) failed after some 4000 sheets and only 16 months. A
> friend's i550 also had a printhead fail after only 2500 sheets. I was
> very disappointed when I found the cost of a new printhead was %95 of
> the cost of a whole new printer.

Haven't had the Canon long enough to know about long term printhead
reliability but don't recall that has been an often discussed issue in
this forum.

> So I dumped the Canon and went back to HP because the printheads are
> never an issue.
>
> When I shopped around for a new printer, I compared page yields with
> various brands and models and found that the HP models that used the new
> 94/96 and 95/97 cartridges have some of the lowest costs per page. I
> have little need for direct photo printing, so the model I bought is the
> HP Deskjet 6540. It uses the identical cartridges as their Photosmart
> 8450 and prints just as good. The only differences seem to be related to
> direct photo printing features and conveniences. I didn't need any of
> those so I was able to save some money on the Deskjet series.
>
> Many years ago, HP had higher costs per page than the competition, but
> they had the advantage of better quality. HP has long since lowered
> their costs per page, and it's not really an issue today.

Recently read an article (Tom's hardware if I remember correctly) on
some of the newest printer offerings and the HP printer came out on
top of the cost/pg chart.  For full page color photo when paper cost
was taken out of the figure, the HP cost was a full 50 cents higher
per sheet than the Canon.  That adds up to a lot in a short order if
you print color at all, photos or plain paper printing.

> For speed, Canon currently holds the photo print speed records. But HP
> and Epson are only seconds behind. For home and office users, the print
> speeds are merely bragging rights..."my printer is faster than yours".
> Having said that, my new HP printer is only a few seconds slower than my
> now defunct Canon, but it prints slightly better.

Am I biased against HP printers, you decide but I will say Bill & Dave
provided me with a good living for 25+ yrs.  When Bill and Dave were
running the show the "me to" products you see coming from HP would get
you fired for thinking me to was good enough.

Mickey
0
Mickey
11/29/2004 6:44:35 PM
Yes there are.  See www.hp.com for their latest selection.

Anyways, individual ink cartridges make sense when you're printing
pictures or graphics with a certain color in use the most -- when that
color goes, you don't throw away the rest of the inks for no reason at
all.  This occurs quite frequently at work in the all-in-one color
cartridge printers, and which is why the switch to individual/lasers was
done.  Too expensive to operate an all-in-one system when you run out of
only one or two of the 4-6 inks and have to throw away good ink.

Lasers are the better way to go if photo printing isn't the major
concern.  Most are going for <$500 today, and they go thousands of pages
on a cartridge.

For inkjets, refill or use the continuous bottle ink feed system such as
the CIS system at www.inkjetmall.com.  (see Yahoo Groups Epson Inkjet
forum for lots of talk on these systems)  The CIS system will definitely
save you $$$ because you buy in bulk (think 100s of ml of ink rather
than a puny <50ml cartridge which only goes ~50 letter prints).  You can
easily go 1000+ prints w/o stopping for a refill with these bottle ink
feed systems, and are the way to go if you're running hundreds/thousands
of inkjet prints a month.

---

Anyways, keep in mind that all of these consumables are marked up $$$$$
from the plant (think usually foreign - eg. Mexico, China, etc. where
labor and materials are cheap), then marked up again $$ to the
warehouse, then the stores, then mark it up again for everyone's profit
(easily 20-40%+ for inks sold at stores! see CRN - Computer Reseller
News magazine for the various ads on "YOU as a reseller GET $$$%%%%
profit when you sell our products").

Don't believe ink cartridges actually are worth the $$$$ -- you can
easily save $$$$ on refills and CIS systems -- otherwise, you're just
feeding the packaging & reseller chain with your money.

And when you think about it -- there's NO REASON at all makers can't
simply ship a printer pre-filled with ink cartridges the size of a 1
litre bottle and simply let you print thousands of pages w/o having to
go to the store at all for years.  (this is what they do for those
super-wide $$$ inkjets for the pro-graphics market -- HUGE ink tanks)

After all, all of that hassle to change tiny cartidges frequently is
just silly!
0
David
11/29/2004 9:29:17 PM
HP 1200 series
HP cp1700 series
HP 2300 series
HP 2600 series
HP 3000 series

0
David
11/29/2004 9:31:18 PM
Mickey wrote:

>> If you think you're saving money buying just one ink tank at $11
>> compared to HP's cartridge at $33, think again. The cost of all three
>> ink tanks is the same price. It only SEEMS like you're spending more
>> because of the checkout price, but generally you're not.
>>
>I'm on my first non-HP printer and I can't agree with your cost
>figures.  My last HP printer used #78 cart and cost very close to $55
>and held the same amount of ink in the Canon I now have, and 3x $11 is
>a lot lower cost than $55.  The newer carts hold less ink so the lower
>cost can't be compared.

As I've mentioned here in this forum several times before, ink volume
does NOT equate to page yield. It doesn't matter if one vendor has twice
the volume of the other, it's the page yield that you need to compare.
As a prime example, the Canon BCI-6 series has a total ink volume of
(3x14.5)=43.5ml, compared to HP 97 at 14ml, yet page yields are similar
instead of three times as much.

As for page yield numbers, if you compare the HP tri-colour 97 with the
Canon CMY ink tanks, you'll find HP costs a few bucks more, but has
slightly better page yields. The net result is similar costs per page.

>Haven't had the Canon long enough to know about long term printhead
>reliability but don't recall that has been an often discussed issue in
>this forum.

Where have you been...?

It's been mentioned here several times recently. It wasn't talked about
when the printers were new for obvious reasons, but as the i-series
aged, failures started to surface.

>Recently read an article (Tom's hardware if I remember correctly) on
>some of the newest printer offerings and the HP printer came out on
>top of the cost/pg chart.  For full page color photo when paper cost
>was taken out of the figure, the HP cost was a full 50 cents higher
>per sheet than the Canon.  That adds up to a lot in a short order if
>you print color at all, photos or plain paper printing.

I can point you to other magazine reviews that say differently, this one
at PCMag for example:

Check the performance tests and you'll find a link to the costs per page
of four colour printers.

Which do you want to believe?

Personally, I don't fully trust any of them, so I tend to do my own
investigating and make my own conclusions. That's why I had no problem
buying certain HP printers. Granted, I wouldn't buy any of their low-end
models, but that's true for any brand. :)
0
Bill
11/29/2004 11:26:36 PM
>After all, all of that hassle to change tiny cartidges frequently is
>just silly!

Amen!!
0
me
11/30/2004 12:25:44 AM
me@privacy.net wrote:
>>After all, all of that hassle to change tiny cartidges frequently is
>>just silly!
>

> Amen!!

Canon currently has ads in Canada promoting their individual color
cartridge "Think Tank system": "When you need more yellow, just add
yellow."

Funny thing, that's exactly what I've been doing for a couple of
years now... When the yellow cartridge showed low ink, I took it out
and added more yellow - with a syringe! ;-)

Finally, Canon's acknowledged that refilling is the most economical
route to follow.  Nice work, Canon!  Now when are the other
manufacturers going to wake up? ;-)

-Taliesyn
0
Taliesyn
11/30/2004 1:00:56 AM

Mickey wrote:

> Am I biased against HP printers, you decide but I will say Bill & Dave
> provided me with a good living for 25+ yrs.  When Bill and Dave were
> running the show the "me to" products you see coming from HP would get
> you fired for thinking me to was good enough.
>
> Mickey

I have a feeling your somewhat obscure reference will go over many a
head here.

However, I suspect what HP today will tell you is they make most of
their $$ from selling ink and paper.  It's a very different company.

I too am saddened that the H and P families no longer run much, if any,
of the show.  Bill and Dave had some very strong ethics behind their
beliefs that being a good corporate citizen was part of being in business.

Art

0
Arthur
11/30/2004 1:19:03 PM
Arthur Entlich wrote:

> However, I suspect what HP today will tell you is they make most of
> their $$ from selling ink and paper.  It's a very different company.

That was the case when I retired but since C.F. took over, it IS a
very different company and not for the better IMO.

> I too am saddened that the H and P families no longer run much, if any,
> of the show.  Bill and Dave had some very strong ethics behind their
> beliefs that being a good corporate citizen was part of being in business.
>
> Art

My son works for the Printer div and I still have some friends that
work there as well as in Corvallis (ink div) and I've not heard a good
word from any in a long time.  How sad.  Back when I was working HP
always was battling for top position as best Co to work for.  Co
hasn't been anywhere near the top and some yrs.  Son told me about
posting a few of the "HP way" principles on the wall some time back
and they were pulled within a few hrs.

Mickey
0
Mickey
12/1/2004 5:24:39 PM
> My son works for the Printer div and I still have some friends that work
> there as well as in Corvallis (ink div) and I've not heard a good word

   forget that!  as a customer, there used to be a time when you called
HP for a printer problem, and could actually get the designers involved
to help you fix the problem.  Nowadays?  Better learn Hindi!
0
David
12/2/2004 1:36:24 AM
"David Chien" <chiendh@uci.edu> wrote in message
>> My son works for the Printer div and I still have some friends that work
>> there as well as in Corvallis (ink div) and I've not heard a good word
>
>   forget that!  as a customer, there used to be a time when you called HP
> for a printer problem, and could actually get the designers involved to
> help you fix the problem.  Nowadays?  Better learn Hindi!

Amen to that.

I called today and when I gave the serial number using "B-as in Bob" & "T as
in Toy" he got three of the four letters wrong.

They said their computers were down (ha!) so I have to give my  complete
information twice when I was transferred. The language gap is wider than
Grand Canyon. I finally gave up and told them I would figure the problem out
myself.

I loved HP but now service is non-existent.

Joan

0
Joan
12/2/2004 3:01:02 AM
HP's print header create too many E-Waste.
Try Epson's printers.

Individual Cartridges printer like R200, R300, RX500, RX600, R800 ....
you can try out bulk ink system for them:

http://www.inkrepublic.com

0
trendyinc
12/16/2004 7:56:57 PM
Bob Headrick wrote:
> "Buyer" <buyer@printer.com> wrote in message
> > I'm a long time HP printer user, and I'm looking at purchasing a
new inkjet
> > printer. I would like to save money by buying an inkjet that uses
individual
> > colored ink cartridges. Well, at least I think I'll save money. It
seems HP
> > does not make inkjet with individual ink cartridge for each color,
is it?

> HP has a number of printers that have individual ink tanks, typically
designed
> for the office environments.  The Business Inkjet 1200 series is an
example.
> It has very large individual ink tanks and lists for $199 for the
base model.
> See:
http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/sm/WF02a/18972-236251-236261.html
for
> links to the 1200 and other models.

The new issue of Popular Photography has a review of a HP printer
made for photo printing.  It has individual cartridges.   Review
summary: good printer, but one can get other (mfgr) ones that are
a bit better and for less money.  That one was about $700 street
price I recall it saying.

Mike

0
Anoni

Printer Ink

HP Photosmart 8450 printer lost the fairly new HP Tri-Color Print Cartridge 97 cartridge...
Hello. Tonight, my very old HP Photosmart 8450 printer lost the fairly new HP Tri-Color Print Cartridge 97 cartridge (2014/08/24 Z; 1782606105249600) after I printed out a three/3 pages of B&W PDF application form after turning on the printer for a few minutes. The printer showed a blinking red print button border and its screen says "Color cartridge failed. Replace it, or ... remove it to print using ink-backup printing mode." I tried removing and reinserting the cartridge, turning off and on including unplugging its power cable, cleaning cartridge and print...

Is it necessary for both black & color cartridges to have ink with HP 1400 Printer/Scanner
I am a user of HP 1400 Printer cum Scanner which provides two slots for one black and one color cartridge. If the color cartridge has dried up and I am urgently in need of printing out a document in black, can I print in black keeping the exhasted color cartridge in the cradle? Have I to press the Black button on the Printer for starting the print operation? Similarly if the black cartridge has dried up, can I print in color, keeping the exhausted black cartridge in the cradle as a dummy? Have I to press the Color Button on the Printer to start operation? Why doesn't HP provide ...

get HP color printer print black&white if some color cartridge is used up
the printer (HP Color LaserJet 3500) refuses to print anything until the supply is replaced. Isn't it really possible to print monochrome documents if one of the color (eg, cyan) cartridges ends? "A" <kkadrese@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:179c645b.0503230653.20e2c086@posting.google.com... > the printer (HP Color LaserJet 3500) refuses to print anything until > the supply is replaced. Isn't it really possible to print monochrome > documents if one of the color (eg, cyan) cartridges ends? > No. It uses the color inks to make the black look 'blacker'. No colors... no black. Not specific to HP... most other manufacturers do exactly the same thing. If you want grayscale it's best to use a laser printer. -- Cari (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging) ...

Epson Stylus Color 900 - took out a full color cartridge to test in another printer
I downloaded and installed sscserve.exe from http://ssclg.com/epsone.shtml but I can't get that program to work or I still can't get the printer to print - not sure which (but there is NO ink printing from the printer now). Anyone use that app on this printer successfully? OR is there another app that will work? OR a hardware fix? Thanks! Brad ...

HP 855C printer
The last package of black ink I looked at shows the cart #`s for the 855. The black cart has a # but under color, a blank. Has this printer been orphaned by HP? Regards Buddy B <buddyb@yippy.ti.ye> wrote in message news:oiqekv4u93i3anbjfhun2ieg1ro19dpnqb@4ax.com... > The last package of black ink I looked at shows the cart #`s for the > 855. The black cart has a # but under color, a blank. > Has this printer been orphaned by HP? No, the DeskJet 855 printer uses the HP #41 color cartridge which is still being produced. Regards, Bob Headrick, not sp...

HP Printers returning waste ink to cartridge
I have been told that the HP PSC 3310 & 3110 return waste ink to the cartridge. Does this happen with any other HP printers? Thanks Mike On Fri, 05 May 2006 21:56:20 GMT, MikeM <mmo45018@bigpond.net.au> wrote: >I have been told that the HP PSC 3310 & 3110 return waste ink to the >cartridge. Does this happen with any other HP printers? > >Thanks >Mike I believe some of the newer smaller cartridges, such as the 21/22 supposedly do this as well. However, since the older, bigger carts haven't been phased out, it's not much of a cost saver si...

how to change Ink Cartridge hp 5510 printer
how to change Ink Cartridge hp 5510 printer i dont see any buttom to do so please help <yuvalbra@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1157781523.618243.133470@i3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > how to change Ink Cartridge hp 5510 printer > i dont see any buttom to do so Is this the Officejet 5510? If so, see: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=311255&lang=en&docname=c00033420#N508. If not the Officejet please advise which model. Regards, Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging ...

Printer addendum for HP printer

HP OJ d145 color ink out error replace color ink cartridge message
Does anyone know what the HP OfficeJet D145 message means "Color ink out. Replace color ink cartridge." The ink level is fine (always was) and I've turned off the ink level checking for the color ink long ago (by pressing the double-arrow 456 key sequence). Since this HP message isn't about the color ink being out.... Can this message be an HP ink cartridge expiry message disguised? Does HP count the many times I've removed the the ink cartridge to refill? Problem is the Hewlett Packard OfficeJet printer is dead until I figure this out. It isn't what it appears to...

HP Photosmart 8450 printer, volume of the ink in cartridge
In one of the HP Photosmart 8450 reviews, i have found information on ink volume in each cartridge: "HP No. 344 Tri-Colour Inkjet Print Cartridge, 14 ml ink volume, C8766E HP No. 348 Photo Inkjet Print Cartridge, 13 ml ink volume, C9369E HP No. 100 Grey Photo Inkjet Print Cartridge, 15 ml, C9368W" I understand, that these volumes refer to each part of the three colour ink cartridge! meaning 14ml cyan + 14 ml magenta + 14 ml yellow, and so on. Are my expectations correct? Regards Tadeusz "Tadeusz Jerzy Korsak" <tkorsak@polbox.com> wrote in...

HP 842C Deskjet printer color cartridge refill problem
Dear Anyone Who Might Know: I just refilled the yellow reservoir of my #17 cartridge after it went dry a week ago with about 10m. of ink. It printed yellow for a short period of time but soon faded and now will not print yellow AT ALL. Aligning and cleaning the cartridge does no good. However, when I remove the cartridge from the carriage & dab the print head on tissue paper, some yellow bleeds through. Why does it not print yellow any longer and how can I get the cartridge to work so I haven't wasted the replacement ink I've just put in??? Thanks. printerguy &l...

HP printer for home use that does not need a color cartridge installed??
Does anyoneone know of an HP inkjet printer for home use that works with just a black ink cartridge installed?? I just want a plain inkjet printer for home use to print things such as genealogy reports, e-mail, ETC. I do not print pics, graphics, etc. The few web pages I do print I do not care about the color pics. They can be in black. I can not see paying for color cartridges when I do not need them!! I know there may be other brands out there that fix what I want but I am looking for an HP inkjet - NOT OTHER TYPES!! Thanks in advance for any help! "krazy&qu...

Are both color and black cartridges necessary for HP 1400 Printer Scanner?
I am a user of HP 1400 Printer cum Scanner which provides two slots for one black and one color cartridge. If the color cartridge has dried up and I am urgently in need of printing out a document in black, can I print in black keeping the exhasted color cartridge in the cradle? Have I to press the Black button on the Printer for starting the print operation? Similarly if the black cartridge has dried up, can I print in color, keeping the exhausted black cartridge in the cradle as a dummy? Have I to press the Color Button on the Printer to start operation? Why doesn't HP provide a Manual of...

Online store for Printer Ink Cartridge,Laser Toner,Solid Ink,Refill Kits,Ribbon Cartridge
Abcink.com (http://www.abcink.com/) is a online store for Printer Ink Cartridge,Laser Toner,Solid Ink,Refill Kits,Ribbon Cartridge,printer paper and other printer supplies. Our ink and toner cartridge include canon ink, epson ink, hp ink, lexmark ink, dell ink, brother ink, okidata ink, sharp ink, xerox ink. canon toner, hp toner, lexmark toner, apple toner, dell toner, samsung toner, toshiba toner, ricoh toner, etc. Welcome to Abcink.com In addition to the fact that you are spamming, the prices I saw on the web site are nothing to write home about. I also noticed that the refill kits you offer at inflated prices are universal inks instead of specific inks for a particular printer. Would I ever purchase from this spamming operation? Answer: Not a chance. Also note that the IP address from which this spam originated is in China, but the email address is obviously phony since it is for a well know supplier of media supplies. -- Ron "kathy tian" <kathy@comptree.net> wrote in message news:1131604315.391900.54280@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Abcink.com (http://www.abcink.com/) is a online store for Printer Ink > Cartridge,Laser Toner,Solid Ink,Refill Kits,Ribbon Cartridge,printer > paper and other printer supplies. > > Our ink and toner cartridge include canon ink, epson ink, hp ink, > lexmark ink, dell ink, brother ink, okidata ink, sharp ink, xerox ink. > canon toner, hp toner, lexmark toner, ...

Are both color and black cartridges necessary for HP 1400 Printer Scanner? #2
I am a user of HP 1400 Printer cum Scanner which provides two slots for one black and one color cartridge. If the color cartridge has dried up and I am urgently in need of printing out a document in black, can I print in black keeping the exhasted color cartridge in the cradle? Have I to press the Black button on the Printer for starting the print operation? Similarly if the black cartridge has dried up, can I print in color, keeping the exhausted black cartridge in the cradle as a dummy? Have I to press the Color Button on the Printer to start operation? Why doesn't HP provide a Manual of...

HP Photo Printers and HP 7410 Cartridges
Was wondering if anyone has really seen an appreciable difference between the HP 7410 regular tri-color cartridge and the photo tri-cartridge? Yes You get far more natural colors skin tones the #58 is well worth it "Mark Rosenbaum" <mhrose8989@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:zj7rd.76310$jE2.7685@bignews4.bellsouth.net... > Was wondering if anyone has really seen an appreciable difference between > the HP 7410 regular tri-color cartridge and the photo tri-cartridge? > "John" <john.boyzo@gmail.com> wrote in message news:cojvlf$o5f$1@possum.melbpc.org.au... > "Mark Rosenbaum" <mhrose8989@bellsouth.net> wrote in message > news:zj7rd.76310$jE2.7685@bignews4.bellsouth.net... >> Was wondering if anyone has really seen an appreciable difference between >> the HP 7410 regular tri-color cartridge and the photo tri-cartridge? > Yes > You get far more natural colors skin tones > the #58 is well worth it The Officejet 7410 uses a new series of cartridges. In the US the photo cartridge is a #99, and it replaces the black cartridge and works with the color cartridge. The #58 cartridge is not compatible with the Officejet 7410. The photo cartridge gives somewhat better graduations of tones, especially in light areas such as sky or faces. Regards, Bob Headrick, not speaking for my employer HP ...

Any local retail stores selling ink cartridges for an old Epson Color Stylus 880 printer?
I seem to have troubles finding new ink cartridges from local retail stores for this old Epson Color Stylus 880 printer these days. I am in Los Angeles area. According to Epson's Web site, Office Max and CompUSA stores have them, but they don't appear to. Is anyone else having this problem? Thank you in advance. :) -- "Don't be no Ant-Man. An Ant-Man has very low horizons." --unknown /\___/\ / /\ /\ \ Phillip (Ant) @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site) | |o o| | Ant's Quality Fo...

Using Costco's ink cartridge refills for my very old HP PhotoSmart 8450 printer?
Hello. Has anyone used Costco's ink cartridge refill service for the old HP PhotoPrinter 8450? My tricolor cartridge is running low, and I need to get more colors soon. I was wondering if Costco's refills are worth it. Thank you in advance. :) -- Quote of the Week: "Now I have you where I want you... where is my jar of Bull ants?" --unknown Note: A fixed width font (Courier, Monospace, etc.) is required to see this signature correctly. /\___/\ Ant(Dude) @ http://antfarm.home.dhs.org (Personal Web Site) / /\ /\ \ Ant's Quality Foraged L...

HP printer vs. Canon printer

How can I reset the ink cartridge/ink level so the printer............
Hello, I own a HP PSC 1610 All-in-One Printer-Scanner-Copier which uses HP94 & HP95. I'm using generic brand cartridges and knew how to reset the cartridges, but I can't find the web sight that had pictures. In short, after the process, the printer's ink level checker will show full. All I remember is some tape, taped over one of the connections on the cartridge, but that's all I can remember. Please help. TIA. Billy Smitty wrote: > Hello, I own a HP PSC 1610 All-in-One Printer-Scanner-Copier which uses HP94 > & HP95. I'm using generic brand...

How can I reset the ink cartridge/ink level so the printer............
Hello, I own a HP PSC 1610 All-in-One Printer-Scanner-Copier which uses HP94 & HP95. I'm using generic brand cartridges and knew how to reset the cartridges, but I can't find the web sight that had pictures. In short, after the process, the printer's ink level checker will show full. All I remember is some tape, taped over one of the connections on the cartridge, but that's all I can remember. Please help. TIA. On Apr 16, 4:00=A0pm, billy smith <billy.sm...@Yenc.com> wrote: > Hello, I own a HP PSC 1610 All-in-One Printer-Scanner-Copier which > uses HP94 &g...

HP Printer Cartridges
I have an HP 750XI and the cartridges just ran out. My old 932C has the same colour cartridge which is full so I was able to swap them. The black cartridge in the 932C is #45 and is also almost full and the cartridge in the 750 is #15. They look identical but the 750 won't accept the #45. Is there anyway to fool the 750 into accepting the #45? tia -- Cheers! Jan ...