Any reason my Canon can't make a Printer with A3 and Cd/dvd printing ??

I know the have one but that 9990 or whatever is way to expensive and
thats the BEST phoprinter you can get.

I just want one like the i6500 or somthing with A3 and DVD/cd printing
?????

Any idea why. I think Epson have some. Though i could be wrong.

Thanks.

0
On

On Holidays wrote:

>I know the have one but that 9990 or whatever is way to expensive and
>thats the BEST phoprinter you can get.

It is under $400.

>I just want one like the i6500 or somthing with A3 and DVD/cd printing
>?????
>
>Any idea why. I think Epson have some. Though i could be wrong.
>
>Thanks.

0
measekite
5/29/2005 8:50:24 PM
On Holidays wrote:
> I know the have one but that 9990 or whatever is way to expensive and
> thats the BEST phoprinter you can get.
>
> I just want one like the i6500 or somthing with A3 and DVD/cd printing
> ?????
>
> Any idea why. I think Epson have some. Though i could be wrong.
>
> Thanks.

They can - and have. I have one sitting on the cabinet across from my desk
(i9950). Unfortunately, it's only available in Europe (and Commonwealth
countries).

--
In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol:  http://www.dts-l.org/

0
Miss
5/29/2005 9:26:07 PM

Miss Perspicacia Tick wrote:

>On Holidays wrote:
>

>>I know the have one but that 9990 or whatever is way to expensive and
>>thats the BEST phoprinter you can get.
>>
>>I just want one like the i6500 or somthing with A3 and DVD/cd printing
>>?????
>>
>>Any idea why. I think Epson have some. Though i could be wrong.
>>
>>Thanks.
>>

>They can - and have. I have one sitting on the cabinet across from my desk
>(i9950). Unfortunately, it's only available in Europe (and Commonwealth
>countries).

That is effectively inaccurate.  The i9900 and the i9950 are the same
printer sold in different parts of the world.
0
measekite
5/29/2005 9:35:08 PM

Well the i9950 is the only one with Cd/dvd printing and A3 in my
country Australia.

On Sun, 29 May 2005 21:35:08 GMT, measekite <measekite@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Miss Perspicacia Tick wrote:
>
>>On Holidays wrote:
>>

>>>I know the have one but that 9990 or whatever is way to expensive and
>>>thats the BEST phoprinter you can get.
>>>
>>>I just want one like the i6500 or somthing with A3 and DVD/cd printing
>>>?????
>>>
>>>Any idea why. I think Epson have some. Though i could be wrong.
>>>
>>>Thanks.
>>>

>>They can - and have. I have one sitting on the cabinet across from my desk
>>(i9950). Unfortunately, it's only available in Europe (and Commonwealth
>>countries).
>>

>That is effectively inaccurate.  The i9900 and the i9950 are the same
>printer sold in different parts of the world.

0
On
5/29/2005 9:45:04 PM
measekite wrote:

> Miss Perspicacia Tick wrote:
>
>> On Holidays wrote:
>>

>>> I know the have one but that 9990 or whatever is way to expensive and
>>> thats the BEST phoprinter you can get.
>>>
>>> I just want one like the i6500 or somthing with A3 and DVD/cd printing
>>> ?????
>>>
>>> Any idea why. I think Epson have some. Though i could be wrong.
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>

>> They can - and have. I have one sitting on the cabinet across from my
>> desk (i9950). Unfortunately, it's only available in Europe (and
>> Commonwealth countries).
>>

> That is effectively inaccurate.  The i9900 and the i9950 are the same
> printer sold in different parts of the world.

In the context of the OP's question, it is accurate.  The i9950
available outside of North America prints CDs and DVDs.

If the OP wants to print CDs and high quality photos, lives in the USA,
but doesn't want to pay the premium for an A3+ size printer, then the
Epson R800 may fit the bill.

IIRC, lack of CD printing on printer models sold in the US has something
to do with license fees.  Epson seem to have bitten the bullet - but I
have no idea whether they told the license holders where to stick their
demands, or whether the economics of producing two models for different
markets exceeded the cost of paying the fee.

If paying a fee to license holders for the ability to print on CDs is
reasonable, then why don't you pay a license fee when you buy a CD
marking pen?
0
Frederick
5/29/2005 9:58:09 PM
"Frederick" <nomailplease@nomail.com> wrote in message
> measekite wrote:
>

>> Miss Perspicacia Tick wrote:

>>> They can - and have. I have one sitting on the cabinet across from my
>>> desk (i9950). Unfortunately, it's only available in Europe (and
>>> Commonwealth countries).
>>>

>> That is effectively inaccurate.  The i9900 and the i9950 are the same
>> printer sold in different parts of the world.
>
> In the context of the OP's question, it is accurate.  The i9950 available
> outside of North America prints CDs and DVDs.
>
> If the OP wants to print CDs and high quality photos, lives in the USA,
> but doesn't want to pay the premium for an A3+ size printer, then the
> Epson R800 may fit the bill.
>
> IIRC, lack of CD printing on printer models sold in the US has something
> to do with license fees.  Epson seem to have bitten the bullet - but I
> have no idea whether they told the license holders where to stick their
> demands, or whether the economics of producing two models for different
> markets exceeded the cost of paying the fee.
>
> If paying a fee to license holders for the ability to print on CDs is
> reasonable, then why don't you pay a license fee when you buy a CD marking
> pen?

I was told (from a friend of a friend type of thing) - that Epson
*themseleves* hold the patent (U.S only?) for printing on CD/DVDs.

0
Ivor
5/29/2005 10:10:23 PM
Ivor Floppy wrote:

> "Frederick" <nomailplease@nomail.com> wrote in message
>
>>measekite wrote:

>>>That is effectively inaccurate.  The i9900 and the i9950 are the same
>>>printer sold in different parts of the world.
>>
>>In the context of the OP's question, it is accurate.  The i9950 available
>>outside of North America prints CDs and DVDs.
>>
>>If the OP wants to print CDs and high quality photos, lives in the USA,
>>but doesn't want to pay the premium for an A3+ size printer, then the
>>Epson R800 may fit the bill.
>>
>>IIRC, lack of CD printing on printer models sold in the US has something
>>to do with license fees.  Epson seem to have bitten the bullet - but I
>>have no idea whether they told the license holders where to stick their
>>demands, or whether the economics of producing two models for different
>>markets exceeded the cost of paying the fee.
>>
>>If paying a fee to license holders for the ability to print on CDs is
>>reasonable, then why don't you pay a license fee when you buy a CD marking
>>pen?
>

> I was told (from a friend of a friend type of thing) - that Epson
> *themseleves* hold the patent (U.S only?) for printing on CD/DVDs.

Lol - that might explain it...
Although even Epson has made "US" versions of their printers, sans CD
printing (2100 vs 2200).
We surely do live in interesting times.
Is being a lawyer a respected and well paid job in the US?
0
Frederick
5/29/2005 10:36:59 PM
>Lol - that might explain it...
>Although even Epson has made "US" versions of their printers, sans CD
>printing (2100 vs 2200).
>We surely do live in interesting times.
>Is being a lawyer a respected and well paid job in the US?

Well it's one of those but not necessarily both <g>.
Tony

0
Tony
5/30/2005 12:45:33 AM

Frederick wrote:

> Ivor Floppy wrote:
>
>> "Frederick" <nomailplease@nomail.com> wrote in message

>>> In the context of the OP's question, it is accurate.  The i9950
>>> available outside of North America prints CDs and DVDs.
>>>
>>> If the OP wants to print CDs and high quality photos, lives in the
>>> USA, but doesn't want to pay the premium for an A3+ size printer,
>>> then the Epson R800 may fit the bill.
>>>
>>> IIRC, lack of CD printing on printer models sold in the US has
>>> something to do with license fees.  Epson seem to have bitten the
>>> bullet - but I have no idea whether they told the license holders
>>> where to stick their demands, or whether the economics of producing
>>> two models for different markets exceeded the cost of paying the fee.
>>>
>>> If paying a fee to license holders for the ability to print on CDs
>>> is reasonable, then why don't you pay a license fee when you buy a
>>> CD marking pen?
>>

>> I was told (from a friend of a friend type of thing) - that Epson
>> *themseleves* hold the patent (U.S only?) for printing on CD/DVDs.
>>
> Lol - that might explain it...
> Although even Epson has made "US" versions of their printers, sans CD
> printing (2100 vs 2200).
> We surely do live in interesting times.
> Is being a lawyer a respected and well paid job in the US?

It is well paid.
0
measekite
5/30/2005 12:55:13 AM
measekite wrote:
> Miss Perspicacia Tick wrote:
>
>> On Holidays wrote:
>>

>>> I know the have one but that 9990 or whatever is way to expensive
>>> and thats the BEST phoprinter you can get.
>>>
>>> I just want one like the i6500 or somthing with A3 and DVD/cd
>>> printing ?????
>>>
>>> Any idea why. I think Epson have some. Though i could be wrong.
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>

>> They can - and have. I have one sitting on the cabinet across from
>> my desk (i9950). Unfortunately, it's only available in Europe (and
>> Commonwealth countries).
>>

> That is effectively inaccurate.  The i9900 and the i9950 are the same
> printer sold in different parts of the world.

I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, but you really *ARE* an
idiot, aren't you? They are *NOT* the same - the i9900 does *NOT* have
optical media printing capabilities. How can they be the same?

--
In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol:  http://www.dts-l.org/

0
Miss
5/30/2005 6:08:12 PM

Miss Perspicacia Tick wrote:

>measekite wrote:
>

>>Miss Perspicacia Tick wrote:

>>>They can - and have. I have one sitting on the cabinet across from
>>>my desk (i9950). Unfortunately, it's only available in Europe (and
>>>Commonwealth countries).
>>>

>>That is effectively inaccurate.  The i9900 and the i9950 are the same
>>printer sold in different parts of the world.
>>

>I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, but you really *ARE* an
>idiot, aren't you? They are *NOT* the same - the i9900 does *NOT* have
>optical media printing capabilities. How can they be the same?

Are you on the rag again.
0
measekite
5/30/2005 6:18:48 PM
Miss Perspicacia Tick wrote:
> measekite wrote:
>
>>Miss Perspicacia Tick wrote:

>>>They can - and have. I have one sitting on the cabinet across from
>>>my desk (i9950). Unfortunately, it's only available in Europe (and
>>>Commonwealth countries).
>>>

>>That is effectively inaccurate.  The i9900 and the i9950 are the same
>>printer sold in different parts of the world.
>

> I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, but you really *ARE* an
> idiot, aren't you? They are *NOT* the same - the i9900 does *NOT* have
> optical media printing capabilities. How can they be the same?

There not (I've got one) and you're right, he's and idiot!
Frank
0
Frank
5/30/2005 6:25:01 PM

Frank wrote:

> Miss Perspicacia Tick wrote:
>
>> measekite wrote:

>>> That is effectively inaccurate.  The i9900 and the i9950 are the same
>>> printer sold in different parts of the world.
>>

>> I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, but you really
>> *ARE* an idiot, aren't you? They are *NOT* the same - the i9900 does
>> *NOT* have optical media printing capabilities. How can they be the
>> same?
>>
> There not (I've got one) and you're right, he's and idiot!
> Frank

FRANKIE DA JERKIE CRANKIE DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO COUNT TO ONE.
0
measekite
5/30/2005 6:51:20 PM
The wags say that it will be a day of rejoicing when the last lawyer is
strangled with the entrails of the last priest...

Toby

> Ivor Floppy wrote:
>
>> "Frederick" <nomailplease@nomail.com> wrote in message

>>>In the context of the OP's question, it is accurate.  The i9950 available
>>>outside of North America prints CDs and DVDs.
>>>
>>>If the OP wants to print CDs and high quality photos, lives in the USA,
>>>but doesn't want to pay the premium for an A3+ size printer, then the
>>>Epson R800 may fit the bill.
>>>
>>>IIRC, lack of CD printing on printer models sold in the US has something
>>>to do with license fees.  Epson seem to have bitten the bullet - but I
>>>have no idea whether they told the license holders where to stick their
>>>demands, or whether the economics of producing two models for different
>>>markets exceeded the cost of paying the fee.
>>>
>>>If paying a fee to license holders for the ability to print on CDs is
>>>reasonable, then why don't you pay a license fee when you buy a CD
>>>marking pen?
>>

>> I was told (from a friend of a friend type of thing) - that Epson
>> *themseleves* hold the patent (U.S only?) for printing on CD/DVDs.
>>
> Lol - that might explain it...
> Although even Epson has made "US" versions of their printers, sans CD
> printing (2100 vs 2200).
> We surely do live in interesting times.
> Is being a lawyer a respected and well paid job in the US?

0
Toby
5/31/2005 12:07:04 AM
You could try joining the discussion here: http://snipurl.com/f90t

With a little perseverence and luck, you could get a 9900 for under
400, and might end up with a really nice DVD/CD printer too.

Just don't expect to get it figured out overnight, if at all.  It's
taken months to have arrived at a workaround solution to getting US
ip3/4/5000's to print on recordable media.  Still, I'd love to see the
same sort of solution work for my soon to arrive Canon mp760, and
believe that if it can be done for one type of Canon, it can be done
for others.

Michael

0
mstpc

Corel still hasn't fixed bug in XI which can't print to more than default printer
I think Corel is criminal by not fixing the bug in XI, which refuses to print to more than the default printer. In the Corel newsgroups, everyone seems to defend Corel on this. Come on guys, when other software firms find such bugs, they fix them and make the patch available. Corel XI came out after Vista was released- to now say that it's tough luck, I'll have to buy XII is absurd. Even the most Mickey Mouse $10 utility program you download is able to print to other printers. This bug is not some obscure item, it's essential. Sure, I should have asked if the program was ...

Corel still hasn't fixed bug in XI which can't print to more than default printer
I think Corel is criminal by not fixing the bug in XI, which refuses to print to more than the default printer. In the Corel newsgroups, everyone seems to defend Corel on this. Come on guys, when other software firms find such bugs, they fix them and make the patch available. Corel XI came out after Vista was released- to now say that it's tough luck, I'll have to buy XII is absurd. Even the most Mickey Mouse $10 utility program you download is able to print to other printers. This bug is not some obscure item, it's essential. Sure, I should have asked if the program was ...

Aftermarket Trays Available for Direct Printing on CD/DVD's with Canon Printers
The lack of trays for Canon printers has been a big problem. Take a look at www.cd-trays.com nosuchaddress@email.com wrote: > The lack of trays for Canon printers has been a big problem. Take a look at > www.cd-trays.com I just did a search of e-bay and there seems to be no shortage of tray type B, C, and D, the offical canon one with the handy dandy center hub. Between $20 and $30 shipped in most cases. http://pixma.allhyper.com/ contains all the info one needs for all models except the new ip4300 which has yet to hit stores. Don't get me wrong, i'm all for...

can't make DVD/CD device open to 'wheel' permanently
I'm having lots of 'fun' trying to get MPlayer to work (generally) and with playing DVDs. I am using a T22 Thinkpad I installed FreeBSD 6 on, and generally, I've been able to muddle through getting all the various devices to work (sound, graphics, etc.) but have been stymied by the DVD/CD aspect, namely: 1) during install, it created acd0 (cd rom) and ad0 (dvd) devices. When i'm using my regular user account, though, i keep getting permissions issues with using them. If I go to a command prompt or use Konqueror as root, I can assign these devices to the user gr...

Ubuntu Lurid crapware: "hibernate hangs...ethernet disabled...no network...shutdown hangs...CD won't write...printer won't print"
"I wanted to upgrade but couldn't, for reasons not understood having to do with repository stuff. So I installed new ubuntu in dual boot with old ubuntu. Installed OK on my old e-machine. Then I decided to hibernate. Hung. Turned off power. Now the ethernet card is disabled on boot and I cannot get to network. Even if I ifconfig the card. Also, shutdown hangs like hibernate did. I have no clue how to fix this. Fortunately, old ubuntu still comes up and gets to network or I wouldn't be here. Unfortunately, cd rw won't write and printer won't print since ...

Questions about printers that print on to CD's/DVD's
Hi Been looking around on line at printers that print on to C.D's and it seems that Canon and Epson are the two main players at the moment and i would value this groups opinion on them I am deciding between the canon i865 and Epsons R200 and R300 ,my reasons for the canon our Had canon in the past and no real problems (have S820D at moment) and the ink cartridges will fit the i825 But the canon is slighty more expensive than the Epson The Epson's are both slighty cheaper than the canon but replacement cartridges are slighty more expensive ( I use generic cartridges with ...

Can't print to HP LaserJet printer via Windows Printing
I can print to one of the HP LaserJet 2100tn printers via AppleTalk. But when I try to add the printer (via the Printer Setup Utility), I can't see it. 1. I click the Add button 2. I select Windows Printing from the drop-down list 3. I select a workgroup from the lower drop-down list No printers show up in the list. There are 2 HP LJ printers on the net, but none of them show up under Windows Printing. Am I doing something wrong? Also, I tried adding a printer via IP Printing. But when I try to print, I get no indication that the printer has received the job; no output. Maybe...

Can't delete printer from Printers Folder
When I open my Start/Settings/Printer folder and select the printer I need to delete, I get a Spool error and the computer freezes. This happens as soon as I click on the printer icon. I have other printers installed that work fine. But any time I change printers in a program like Word and I scroll past the bad printer I get the spool error and have to restart. Thanks, Patrick Les Moore wrote: > When I open my Start/Settings/Printer folder and select the printer I > need to delete, I get a Spool error and the computer freezes. This > happens as soon as I click on the...

Why can't I print my own =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=A3=A3=A3=A3=A3=A3=A3?=
Yeh, I really am going to put the Bank Of England out of business with my new �30 Lexmark. We all do it for a laugh or just because we can and had no probs before, just happened to try it on my new machine and I get a warning about new software to stop forgeries. Thanks Lexmark, but as you didn't stick a warning on the box saying what I can and can't print, I'd like to be the one who decides. What next, no cartoons of G.W.B. or Tony Blair. Anyone overcome this blight on our freedom ? > We all do it for a laugh or just because we can and had no probs > bef...

2000 client can install but can't print to a shared printer on XP workstation
I see that a lot of post for similar problems but no answers that I have not tried. Problem. HP 982C printer installed on LPT 1 Windows XP home computer and is shared as deskjet. Windows 2000 laptop can see the printer and install it and file sharing works fine. When going to print a test page it immidatley fails. When printing from notepad error message 'invalid handle', word reports print job failed. From the 2000 machine I can see the xp computers print jobs enter and exit. Tried. Reinstalling the drivers on the XP machine. and I have installed the drivers on the 2000 machi...

2000 client can install but can't print to a shared printer on XP workstation
I see that a lot of post for similar problems but no answers that I have not tried. Problem. HP 982C printer installed on LPT 1 Windows XP home computer and is shared as deskjet. Windows 2000 laptop can see the printer and install it and file sharing works fine. When going to print a test page it immidatley fails. When printing from notepad error message 'invalid handle', word reports print job failed. From the 2000 machine I can see the xp computers print jobs enter and exit. Tried. Reinstalling the drivers on the XP machine. and I have installed the drivers on the 2000 machi...

looking for good quality A3+ inkjet that can also print on CD's/DVD's
Hi I'm looking for a good quality A3+ inkjet that can also print on CD's/DVD's. Any suggestions? I have been seriously considering the Epson R800 as the reports Ive read say it gives outstanding print quality. The only drawback is its A4. Does anyone know if Epson are likely to do an A3 version? Thanks for any info. Ian "Ian Roberts" <sorry@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message news:caunhd$5in$1@ngspool-d02.news.aol.com... > Hi > > I'm looking for a good quality A3+ inkjet that can also print on CD's/DVD's. > > A...

Any of the latest Canon printers print to CD/DVD ?
Was looking to buy rhe i6100 but it does not do it :( Is this just the American version. Or do other versions print to CD/DVD ? Thanks. "Plasma BOY" <PlasmaBoy@1.com.uk> wrote in message news:o8hs21lfsdjtak3t4qcch2ompoo2ajcnmr@4ax.com... > > Was looking to buy rhe i6100 but it does not do it :( Is this just the > American version. Or do other versions print to CD/DVD ? > None of the Canon printers released in the US print to CD/DVD On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 03:18:02 -0800, Caitlin wrote (in article <422edb93$0$27872$61c65585@un-2park-reader-01.sydney.pipenetworks.com.au>): > None of the Canon printers released in the US print to CD/DVD Some people who must have CD/DVD direct print capability and Canon brand are buying Euro/Austrailan/NZ models of Canon's printers and having them shipped here. Voltage differences are resolved by swapping out a relatively cheap power supply module (US$20 for the iP3000's module, and you don't have to open up the printer to replace it). The down side is that the iP3000, with shipping, costs upwards of $200, while the US (non-disc printing) model can be bought here for as little as $45. Good luck, -- Please, no "Go Google this" replies. I wouldn't ask a question here if I hadn't done that already. DaveC me@privacy.net This is an invalid return address Please reply in the news group And, imported "gray market"...

Can't Print To AD Printers
Once we bind a Mac to our Active Directory domain, we are able to see printer objects. But if we try to print to any of them, we get the error message: Unable to connect to SAMBA host, will retry in 60 seconds...ERROR: Connection failed with error NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED The printer objects are set that "everyone" can print, so there shouldn't be any access issue. Thanks for any thoughts on this issue, -Kurt ...

Can't pause printer in Mac OS X's print queue list with a non-administrator account?
When I try to pause, it asked me to enter an administrator account name and its password. Why? I could cancel without any problems. It doesn't make any sense. Thank you in advance. :) -- "This isn't a war. It never was a war, any more than there's war between man and ants." --artilleryman from H.G. Wells' The War of the Worlds /\___/\ Ant(Dude) @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site) / /\ /\ \ Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net | |o o| | \ _ / If crediting, then use Ant nickname and AQFL UR...

Can't see print preview and can't print under Lexmark Z32!
Hi, I face a problem that my customer using lexmark z32 USB prot printer, clarion 5.5 can't generate print preview and can't to printer also. Does anybody face this problem before? How to solve this problem? TQ. Best Regards, Nelson ...

Printer sharing over wireless using Printopia
We are trying to share a printer for use by iPad users. The printer is dire= ctly connected to a Mac running Printopia. Both the Mac and all of the iPad= s are connected to the same WLAN. It's working fine at one location, but no= t at all at another location (iPads cannot see the printer). The location i= t works at has standalone APs (mostly 1131AGs). The site it does not work a= t has lightweight APs (4402 WLC running 6.0.199.4, also with 1131AGs). The = controller has multicast enabled, has multicast mode set to 'multicast', an= d has a multicast address set to 239.21.0....

Tiger Can't Print to Windows Printer
I've been trying to print to any of several printers attached to a server running Windows Server 2003. I started by downloading the latest Mac drivers for the printers from the manufacturer web sites (Xerox 460ST and HP 4100dtn). Then from either the Print dialog or the printer setup utility I can add a printer, select More Printers, then select the Windows workgroup. I see all the servers, and when I select the proper server I am asked for my Windows ID and password. I can then see the attached printers, select one, and choose the proper driver. Everything seems to be just perfect...

After edits, can't print at a commercial printer?
I recently took some pictures that I edited a bit (adjusted contrast, cropped) and took to Walmart for printing. They printed without a problem. I decided I wanted black and white versions so I changed it over (simply changed to greyscale) and saved it as a jpg. The black and white versions just don't seem to want to print. I've tried two places and, in both cases, the prints are grainy, inverted and look like they are offset. When I got them back from Walmart, they noted that they must be either photoshop files or from a CDRW. I'm confused: Color picture->adjust contr...

can't print from usb epson printer

After edits, can't print at a commercial printer?
I recently took some pictures that I edited a bit (adjusted contrast, cropped) and took to Walmart for printing. They printed without a problem. I decided I wanted black and white versions so I changed it over (simply changed to greyscale) and saved it as a jpg. The black and white versions just don't seem to want to print. I've tried two places and, in both cases, the prints are grainy, inverted and look like they are offset. When I got them back from Walmart, they noted that they must be either photoshop files or from a CDRW. I'm confused: Color picture->adjust contr...

Why can't I print =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=A3=A3=A3=A3?=
Yeh, I really am going to put the Bank Of England out of business with my new �30 Lexmark. We all do it for a laugh or just because we can and had no probs before, just happened to try it on my new machine and I get a warning about new software to stop forgeries. Thanks Lexmark, but as you didn't stick a warning on the box saying what I can and can't print, I'd like to be the one who decides. What next, no cartoons of G.W.B. or Tony Blair. Anyone overcome this blight on our freedom ? ...

Can't set up the HP Printer on DSL Box on the Shared Printer port...
Hi Group, Maybe wrong group, but there seems to be a wealth of knowledge here. I feel a bit of a berk that I can't repeat on my own machine but I did on the girlfriends! We have a Draytek Wireless G router and it's got a USB port on the back to enable 'network printing'. We've both got Windows XP and I'm going bonkers. The driver is installed on my machine, and the IP of the router is 192.168.1.1 (which is the printer). I've added a TCP\IP port in the Ports Tab, and ticked it. When I unplug the printer locally from the USB and plonk it in the router, the pri...

Can't Print, Can't Forward
Dear LN Experts, I have a simple Lotus Notes database containing a form with several fields but no subforms. In production, the application does not allow anyone to print documents created with the main form or to forward them via email. I have checked each field individually and confirmed that the form security setting allows printing and forwarding and I am at a loss to resolve the problem. Although I am a manager in the db, I myself am not allowed to print a document. The print option is grey in the file menu. If I create a new document, enter some data and save it,...

Web resources about - Any reason my Canon can't make a Printer with A3 and Cd/dvd printing ?? - comp.periphs.printers