BCI -6 ink in Canon ip4200 printer

Is it possible to use the Canon ip4000 ink (BCI-6Y, C, M) in the Canon
IP4200 printer? The numbers are different and the ip4200 cartridges
are chipped, but if I could transfer the chip to the BCI-6 ink would
it work?

0
dc

On Feb 3, 4:54 pm, "dc" <darri...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is it possible to use the Canon ip4000 ink (BCI-6Y, C, M) in the Canon
> IP4200 printer? The numbers are different and the ip4200 cartridges
> are chipped, but if I could transfer the chip to the BCI-6 ink would
> it work?

For those who are interested the CLI cartridges will work in place of
the BCI-6, but to put BCI-6 cartridges into an IP4200 requires
modification of the printer for them to physically fit.  The CLI
cartridges have notches in the bottom.

0
dc
2/3/2007 10:00:58 PM
The ink is the same, the tanks are different.

"dc" <darrickc@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to use the Canon ip4000 ink (BCI-6Y, C, M) in the Canon
> IP4200 printer? The numbers are different and the ip4200 cartridges
> are chipped, but if I could transfer the chip to the BCI-6 ink would
> it work?

0
Dan
2/4/2007 5:37:00 AM
Why don't you want to take advantage of the improved ink?

dc wrote:
> Is it possible to use the Canon ip4000 ink (BCI-6Y, C, M) in the Canon
> IP4200 printer? The numbers are different and the ip4200 cartridges
> are chipped, but if I could transfer the chip to the BCI-6 ink would
> it work?

0
measekite
2/4/2007 5:07:31 PM
I know someone who did that but he had a frontal lobotomy.

dc wrote:
> On Feb 3, 4:54 pm, "dc" <darri...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to use the Canon ip4000 ink (BCI-6Y, C, M) in the Canon
>> IP4200 printer? The numbers are different and the ip4200 cartridges
>> are chipped, but if I could transfer the chip to the BCI-6 ink would
>> it work?
>>

> For those who are interested the CLI cartridges will work in place of
> the BCI-6, but to put BCI-6 cartridges into an IP4200 requires
> modification of the printer for them to physically fit.  The CLI
> cartridges have notches in the bottom.

0
measekite
2/4/2007 5:08:43 PM
Incorrect.  The inks are totally different.

Dan G wrote:
> The ink is the same, the tanks are different.
>

> "dc" <darrickc@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
>> Is it possible to use the Canon ip4000 ink (BCI-6Y, C, M) in the Canon
>> IP4200 printer? The numbers are different and the ip4200 cartridges
>> are chipped, but if I could transfer the chip to the BCI-6 ink would
>> it work?

0
measekite
2/4/2007 5:11:00 PM
I don't really care about the improved ink. I don't want re-spend the
cost of the printer every time I change ink carts. It's more cost
effective to use generic ink and buy a new printer every year.

On Feb 4, 12:07 pm, measekite <inkysti...@oem.com> wrote:
> Why don't you want to take advantage of the improved ink?
>
> dc wrote:
> > Is it possible to use the Canon ip4000 ink (BCI-6Y, C, M) in the Canon
> > IP4200 printer? The numbers are different and the ip4200 cartridges
> > are chipped, but if I could transfer the chip to the BCI-6 ink would
> > it work?

0
dc
2/4/2007 9:55:55 PM
>I don't really care about the improved ink. I don't want re-spend the
> cost of the printer every time I change ink carts. It's more cost
> effective to use generic ink and buy a new printer every year.
>
> On Feb 4, 12:07 pm, measekite <inkysti...@oem.com> wrote:
>> Why don't you want to take advantage of the improved ink?
>>
>> dc wrote:
>> > Is it possible to use the Canon ip4000 ink (BCI-6Y, C, M) in the Canon
>> > IP4200 printer? The numbers are different and the ip4200 cartridges
>> > are chipped, but if I could transfer the chip to the BCI-6 ink would
>> > it work?

DC - you can't use the bci-6 carts in the ip4200 as there are some notches
at the bottom of the cart that fit with some little bumps in the printhead.
Also, you have to have each color chip in its correct place, even if it is
refilled.

From what I've read, the ink colors are the same except for the magenta.
unless you have lots of ink left from refilling bci-6 carts you may as well
purchase the ink formulated for the ip4200. refilling is the best way to go
and the best carts to refill are the Canon OEM carts.

0
Burt
2/5/2007 4:27:26 AM
On 3 Feb 2007 13:54:25 -0800, dc wrote:
>  Is it possible to use the Canon ip4000 ink (BCI-6Y, C, M) in the Canon
>  IP4200 printer?

ink: yes
cartridge: no

>  The numbers are different and the ip4200 cartridges
>  are chipped, but if I could transfer the chip to the BCI-6 ink would
>  it work?

no
0
Martin
2/5/2007 10:41:05 AM

dc wrote:
> I don't really care about the improved ink. I don't want re-spend the
> cost of the printer every time I change ink carts. It's more cost
> effective to use generic ink and buy a new printer every year.

O Yeah if you want to accept lower quality results and higher risk to
fading.
> On Feb 4, 12:07 pm, measekite <inkysti...@oem.com> wrote:
>
>> Why don't you want to take advantage of the improved ink?
>>
>> dc wrote:
>>
>>> Is it possible to use the Canon ip4000 ink (BCI-6Y, C, M) in the Canon
>>> IP4200 printer? The numbers are different and the ip4200 cartridges
>>> are chipped, but if I could transfer the chip to the BCI-6 ink would
>>> it work?

0
measekite

Printer Ink

FS: CANON (GENUINE, NEW/not used)

Canon Pixma IP4000, when does printer use BCI-3EBK cart ink
As subject Is it only when plain paper is selected? Only when greyscale is selected? Only when draft is selected? Thanks in advance tHatDudeUK wrote: > As subject > > Is it only when plain paper is selected? Only when greyscale is > selected? Only when draft is selected? > > Thanks in advance Normally it uses BCI3e all the time except when printing photos, so when photo or glossy paper is selected. When you print text and business documents with graphics. tHatDudeUK wrote: >As subject > >Is it only when plain paper is selected...

HP printer vs. Canon printer

Question about the waste ink tank in Canon IP5000 (and other Canon printers)
I've read this 'tank' contains ink from the cleaning cycles of the printer, and a cleaning happens automatically every time ink cartridges are replaced. So my question is how many times do I have to replace the cartridges with new ones before an error message appears saying the tank is full? Anyone taken a printer to Canon to have the tank emptied? How much did they charge? The amount of ink consumed in the cleaning cycles when replacing tanks is minimal, but cleaning cycles also occur based upon printer usage, time intervals and when requested by the user. The deep...

Canon Cat printer driver for HP printer

Canon printer ink usage
Strange problem! I purchased a new computer a little more than a year ago. Along with it I got a Canon Pixma MP520 printer. As all new printers, it had four new ink cartridges in it. I set up the software so it only printed black and grey. There were no colors involved. The other day it complained (slightly over a year's use) that it was running out of Cyan. I replaced the Cyan cartridge and it began working again. Bit I noticed the cartridge I removed was 40-50% full of ink. Two things occur to me: (1) Why would it be reported as empty? (2) Why would it be emp...

Canon Pixma Printer Ink
5-Pack Non-OEM Ink w/ Chip for Canon PGI-5BK CLI-8 Pixma MP500 MP530 MP600 MP800 iP4200 iP4300 iP4500 iP5200 iP5200 Price:$8.91 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B001IO6DEY Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B001IO6DEY Canon Pixma Pro9000 Professional Large Format Inkjet Printer (9995A001) Price:$499.99 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B000J1HPK8 Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B000J1HPK8 6 Pack (3xBlack + 1 of Each Color) Compatible Ink w/ Chip for Canon Pixma iP3300 iP3500 MP510 MX700 PGI-5BK CLI-8 Price:$21.45 Image: http://bestdea...

Your Ink for Espon Canon printer
special offer suitable for all Epson Canon inkjet printer , welcom to visit http://xibase.net/products.php or tel 2683 2829 , free delivery. ...

Generic inks for CANON printers?
I just ordered a canon ip3000 after my 6th and last epson C82 warranty replacement broke. I was wondering if use of generic inks from ebay will be a problem with the canon printer. I know that epson uses durabrite which the generics can't duplicate, but canon doesn't use this feature so would generics be ok? On the bright side genuine canon inks are alot cheaper than epson so thats a plus, but for the price of a set of genuines I can get 3-4 sets on ebay for half the price. It's tempting! Can anyone say anything positive about generic inks in the canon printers? ...

Replacement Ink for Canon printer
I have the Canon MP 780 all in one and it uses the number 6 black 3e black and 6 yellow 6 magenta and 6 Cyan where can I purchase replacements or should use refills if refills our available for a good price? "Kenneth Maultsby" <kmaultsby@verizon.net> wrote in message news:UogEe.426$Eo3.416@trnddc08... >I have the Canon MP 780 all in one and it uses the number 6 black 3e black >and 6 yellow 6 magenta and 6 Cyan where can I purchase replacements or >should use refills if refills our available for a good price? > Country? Region? For bulk...

Web resources about - BCI -6 ink in Canon ip4200 printer - comp.periphs.printers

App Store - EPSON Printer Finder

The 3D printer carving out a new curriculum
With Australia's technical expertise slowly whittling away, the team behind this gadget wants to take schools back to the basics of manufacturing ...

ASIC investigating company after inventor of world's largest 3D printer left out of pocket
... Australian Securities and Investments Commission investigates the administration of a company that tried to sell the world's largest 3D printer. ...

9to5Toys Lunch Break: Brother Laser Printer $45, 9′ MFi Lightning Cable $6, iPhone 6/s Plus Leather Folio ...
... Twitter , RSS Feed , Facebook , Google+ and Safari push notifications . TODAY’S CAN’T MISS DEALS: Daily Deals: Brother Monochrome Laser Printer ...

Doro PDF printer adds color conversion, page rotation controls
Lightweight virtual PDF printer Doro has been updated with new color conversion and page rotation settings. If the default "UseDeviceIndependentColor" ...