Best black and white photo printer with no or very little color casting? Any ideas? b&w bw

EOM

0
tealeafyREMOVEME

best printer for B&W photos
i'm beginning to experiment with digital B&W. which printer would you recommend for this? I know that certain companies make special inks just for this purpose, but i think they only work in epson printers. is epson the way to go or can the the new canon's 850i/950i handle this job as well? thanks for your opinions. peter "PrincePete01" <princepete01@cs.comnospam> wrote in message news:20030813181208.05032.00001337@mb-m26.news.cs.com... > i'm beginning to experiment with digital B&W. which printer would you recommend > for this? I know that certain companies make special inks just for this > purpose, but i think they only work in epson printers. is epson the way to go > or can the the new canon's 850i/950i handle this job as well? thanks for your > opinions. The new line of HP Photosmart printers may meet your needs. The Photosmart 7960 has 8 ink printing including a grayscale cartridge. The Photosmart 7660, 7760 and 245 printers also support the gray cartridge for nice grayscale printing. See the following for details and comparisons: http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/ho/WF02a/18972-236251-64340.html Regards, Bob Headrick, not speaking for my employer HP ...

Trouble installing Panther in a B/W B&W Blue and White Blue&White Blue & White G3
I have been trying desperately to get Panther installed on a B&W G3 and have had limited success. The config of the G3 is this: -Firmware updated to latest (v1.1) -256 RAM -Adaptec 2940U2B SCSI card with ONE 20GB SCSI Hard Drive -OS 9.2.2 installed on existing SCSI HD I added an 80GB ATA133 Hard Drive to the empty ATA chain with an 80-wire cable and the drive is set for Cable Select. This is what Panther was SUPPOSED to be installed on. I usually recommend that people buy an ADDITIONAL hard drive to install OS X on because if anything goes wrong with either individual OS (9 or X) you ...

get HP color printer print black&white if some color cartridge is used up
the printer (HP Color LaserJet 3500) refuses to print anything until the supply is replaced. Isn't it really possible to print monochrome documents if one of the color (eg, cyan) cartridges ends? "A" <kkadrese@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:179c645b.0503230653.20e2c086@posting.google.com... > the printer (HP Color LaserJet 3500) refuses to print anything until > the supply is replaced. Isn't it really possible to print monochrome > documents if one of the color (eg, cyan) cartridges ends? > No. It uses the color inks to make the black look 'blacker'. No colors... no black. Not specific to HP... most other manufacturers do exactly the same thing. If you want grayscale it's best to use a laser printer. -- Cari (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging) ...

B&W Photo Printer
Hello- I'm just bought & returned an HP 7960 PhotoSmart Printer soley because of the way it guzzled ink. Unfortunately, it produced excellent black & white photos, as well as color. I was about to purchase the Canon i900D, until I read about how a professional photographer said in a review that you have to adjust the B&W prints of the i900D by adding a little green to take away the other color that shows up. So, it looks as though I'm just going to have to wait until Canon comes out with perhaps additional inks like shades of gray, etc. Anyway, I've thought about just using a dedicated B&W Printer, but don't know which one to look at - if there is one that's not over $250.00. I've got a lot of old family photos that I'm scanning into Adobe Photo Elements - fixing & enlarging. The few I did on the 7960 were really good, but I'm not going to be forced by HP to buy new ink cartridges when all of the colors have not been used up yet. It's just the principle of the thing! I'd appreciate any suggestions that anyone might have. Thanks. On 30 Dec 2003 17:53:04 -0800, lesthurmond@msn.com (Burtron) wrote: >Hello- >I'm just bought & returned an HP 7960 PhotoSmart Printer soley because >of the way it guzzled ink. Unfortunately, it produced excellent black >& white photos, as well as color. I was about to purchase the Canon >i900D, until I read about how a professional photograph...

photo B&W printer
Dear all, I'm looking for a "top quality" photo B&W printer. The only solution seems to use an standard Epson "photo" printer with MIS B&W quadricrome ink This is a special cartridges filled with 4 different gray ink. (25%, 50%, 75%, 100% black). Any other solution? Many years ago, I used a similar solution, but the printer used a solid ink (similar to a 'soap') but I'm not able to find a similar printer in the market. Thanks Luca Moreschi P.S: sorry for my bad English On 4 May 2006 03:14:36 -0700, luca.moreschi@siemens.com wrote: ...

Best printer for B&W
I want to purchase an "affordable" printer strictly for B&W photo printing and am not certain whether pigment-based printers such at Epson's C84 or dye-based printers such as Canon's i860 would be best for that purpose. I like the concept of pigment inks because of their stability, but have heard they have terrible problems with metamerism. I usually print in tritones on my HP P1000 which I have found to be less prone to metamerism than prints made just from black ink. Has anyone had any experience with these printers in B&W? Thanks, JackM I ran some tests about 10 months ago using the Epson C80 (pigmented) an 895 (Dye) and the Canon S-820 for comparison. These were actually done to test JetTec inks and paper and then with Epson inks and equivalent Gloss Epson stock. The C80 produced a definately better B/W true tone but as you've mentioned the metamerism was there in colder tube lighting - not so much with Tungsten. Viewed from the side the photo's gave a distinct Panda B/W contrast effect. This was of course somewhat better on the Jettec Satin and semigloss paper types. Although good the 895 produced a B/W with overtones of usually blue to purple. The Canon was the most inaccurate and a near disaster as all B/W prints at several resolutions had a distinct purple blue tinge. Pigmented on Satin got the closest to true B/W - but of course you may have to search for the correct polymer balance of paper to ink ... ...

Printing in B&W on a color laser printer
I recently purchased a Brother MFC-9420CN, running on Win XP. I'd like to be be able to print certain web pages that use colored text in black-and-white. But when I try changing the print settings, the closest I get is grayscale text. Is there any way to print those colors as pure -black-and-white? If not, does anyone know of a utility that would convert the page to b&w before sending it to the printer? thanks! "cityboy" <cityboy3@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:18950c78-61bd-4357-90f8-ce7a80a1fc75@a35g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > I recently purchased...

Firefox prints b&w to a color printer
firefox is printing our in black and white to our phaser 780. However, other browsers and apps are printing in color from the same machine to the same printer... Any one have an idea as to what is wrong? ...

Firefox prints b&w to a color printer #2
firefox is printing our in black and white to our phaser 780. However, other browsers and apps are printing in color from the same machine to the same printer... Any one have an idea as to what is wrong? ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =---- ...

My Canon printer is always out of colored ink and I only print B&W
I have a Canon MP 780 and it is always asking for one of the color cartridges to be replaced. I am thinking of changing all of them to black. (last resort as I do use color rarely) The black seems to last longer than the color, but I have bought so many color ones that I really can't keep up. On Nov 18, 7:18 pm, metspitzer <kilow...@charter.net> wrote: > I have a Canon MP 780 and it is always asking for one of the color > cartridges to be replaced. I am thinking of changing all of them to > black. (last resort as I do use color rarely) > > The black ...

Best Cheap B&W laser printer a4 for office documents?
Dear All, My boyfriend and I are both researchers, work at home a good part of the week, and need to print huge quantities of B&W A4 true type articles and documents. (for the occasional colour print we use a HP 880C). So, the printer has to - print double-side to save space, - be low cost in toner, drum kit and other supplies - print on overhead sheets (transparencies) - be very fast - rather sturdy than fancy, though weight and dimensions might matter. I prefer spending more and getting a machine that has a long life. We have 4 computers, with Windows XP, Windows ME, Windows 98 and Windows 95, and I am considering setting up a LAN. We had experiences only with HP 500 and 520 inkjet and I do not want an inkjet anymore in my life. Any advice? Thank you very much in advance. Arianna Betti (remove NOSPAM if replying by email) "arib�" <a.NOSPAMbetti@unict.it> ha scritto nel messaggio news:41174480$0$62381$5fc3050@dreader2.news.tiscali.nl... > Dear All, > > My boyfriend and I are both researchers, work at home a good part of the .....cut ......fs 1020D Kyocera ......every one kyocera have a Lowest consumables cost . http://www.kyoceramita.co.uk/pages/products/products.asp > ....cut > .....fs 1020D Kyocera > .....every one kyocera have a Lowest consumables cost . > http://www.kyoceramita.co.uk/pages/products/products.asp Thanks! Arianna In article <nKPRc.92595$OR2.49198...

Canon printer IRC2550i Black&White and Color how to restrict a domain user
Hi I have installed a new canon printer irc2550i on a 2003 server (AD environment) twice and I named it as : CanonIRC2550BW and CanonIRC2550Colour _*For__the_black_and_White*_ http://i55.tinypic.com/332qcll.jpg For the Security tab I have got this : Group �Everyone� only first option (print) is ticked http://i56.tinypic.com/vsgxs3.png *_For_the_Color_one_* http://i56.tinypic.com/28l6fkl.png For Security tab I have got this I removed the group �Everyone� and I am looking to add proper users http://i55.tinypic.com/dffsp0.png Problem domain user s...

Which printer is the best/cheapest for me? (2000 b&w pages for two year operation)
Hello, What is a good, easy-to-refill, CHEAP but decent-quality-output printer that'll answer my needs, which are: 1. Don't care about speed 2. Will print about 1000 pages per year 3. I want it to last two years (I'll probably trash it and buy a decent personal color laser printer then). 4. Wanna spend max $150 total for printer and ink for 2-years (paper is free) I notice there are a lot of cheapo printers on "special deals" all over, all the time. It's probably wise to ask you guys which printers are a no-no and which have proved to play nice. For example: http://www.salescircular.com/fl/computer/prntrp.shtml I see five printers for ~$80 and three for ~$100. Any of them any good? Any other decent model at similar pricepoint? Thanx Gabriel On 12 Sep 2004 23:01:27 -0700, ohgreat1@hotmail.com (Gabriel Oran Devine) wrote: | What is a good, easy-to-refill, CHEAP but decent-quality-output | printer that'll answer my needs, which are: | | 1. Don't care about speed | 2. Will print about 1000 pages per year | 3. I want it to last two years (I'll probably trash it and buy a | decent personal color laser printer then). | 4. Wanna spend max $150 total for printer and ink for 2-years (paper | is free) | | I notice there are a lot of cheapo printers on "special deals" all | over, all the time. It's probably wise to ask you guys which printers | are a no-no and which have prove...

Good color/composite doc Printing AND Cost-Effective B&W Printing in ONE Printer?
Hi Folks! Is there a printer which prints GOOD QUALITY color images and composite docs AND also offers cost-effective, speedy B&W printing? I ask as I need to be able to print brochures and photos in color with GOOD quality but still need to be able to print B&W docs at economical cost and speedily. Normally, I specify a good (inkjet, usually a Canon) color printer for the color print/composite doc work and a cheap laser (ilke the Samsung 1710 or Brother HL-1440) for fast, cheap B&W printing jobs. I am wondering if these days there is now an (most likely still inkjet) printer which can perform BOTH tasks admirably? TIA for any pointers. -- /g ...

Black & White & Color Blank Photo Cards to buy
http://www.zazzle.com/contributors/home/default.asp?cid=238205541313640257 ...

B&W only printers
Girlfriend's father is about to splurge on a laser jet. We're trying to get him to chill. His need is to print statements and records (banking, investments, etc) from web pages, e-mailed statements. He is determined not to have color. So, what represents the best value in the low price range of printers? --sharp text/lines --long lasting inks (7 years or more). --reasonable speed (a few pages per minute) Thanks, Alan. -- -- rec.photo.equipment.35mm user resource: -- http://www.aliasimages.com/rpe35mmur.htm -- e-meil: there's no such thing as a FreeLunch.-- On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 17:44:18 -0400, Alan Browne <alan.browne@FreeLunchVideotron.ca> wrote: > >Girlfriend's father is about to splurge on a laser jet. We're trying to get him >to chill. > >His need is to print statements and records (banking, investments, etc) from web >pages, e-mailed statements. > >He is determined not to have color. > >So, what represents the best value in the low price range of printers? > >--sharp text/lines >--long lasting inks (7 years or more). >--reasonable speed (a few pages per minute) > > >Thanks, >Alan. Look for a rebuilt/refurbed HPIII Laser printer. Bullet Proof. I have documents printed on my old HPIII from 1990 and they are still clear & black. I had to scrap it last year after it had produced in excess of 400,000 printed pages in 13 years...

B&W neg-as-pos scan on Minolta, use color or B&W? (ping Bart)
Well, I'm no closer to fathoming the definitive negative-to-positive color workflow, but in the meantime here's a question regarding B&W negatives. The SE5400 seems to clip these just as heavily as color negs. When scanning B&W negatives as positives, does it make sense to stay in B&W to keep file size down and simplify post-processing? Or is it better to scan in RGB like a color negative, with per-channel exposure adjustments, and adjust to neutral afterward? My one thought was that the Minolta software might make invisible per-channel exposure adjustments in B&W mode that would be fine for a B&W slide but throw a negative further out of balance. As usual, I don't know how all of this would have played out in the darkroom. And as usual, thanks for any advice. Off-topic, has anyone here tried ICE when scanning B&W in color? Has it ever had a useful effect? The film I was looking at was labeled Ilford HP5 Plus, if that matters. false_dmitrii <false_dmitrii@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1147932794.627772.308580@y43g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Well, I'm no closer to fathoming the definitive negative-to-positive > color workflow, but in the meantime here's a question regarding > B&W negatives. The SE5400 seems to clip these just as heavily > as color negs. The Minolta software does so on all negatives, color or B&W. So the only real option with the Minolta so...

True black/white photo printer
Anyone know of an HP late model inkjet printer that can print true b/w and color photos on the same sheet of paper? My aging HP Photosmart 7960 can do this but it is getting long in the tooth. Thanks. On Fri, 8 Apr 2011 20:19:04 -0400, "Horace Hagen" <hghagen@verizon.net> wrote: >Anyone know of an HP late model inkjet printer >that can print true b/w and color photos >on the same sheet of paper? My aging HP Photosmart >7960 can do this but it is getting long in the tooth. It probably has gingivitis. A good dentist can fix it up. >Thanks....

Black & White photo from color
I have a Seiko Label Pro where I can put a graphic on my labels. I'd like to use a photograph - but it must be in Black & White - 200 dpi according to Seiko. The size of the finished photo on the label would be approximately 0.6" x 0.6". I converted a color photograph to B&W (don't know if I used the proper technique). The printer came with a sample label which has a photo on it. The photo looks like a photo you would see in the Wall Street Journal - sort of all dots. This is fine but I can't seem to get that result. Sure could use some help here with vario...

Which B&W laser printer?
Hello everyone, Currently I am looking to upgrade from my current machine (see .sig) to a Sawtooth or Mystic G4 and at the same time to replace my Epson Stylus Photo 700 with a black-and-white laser printer. The laser has to have the following: - min. 600 * 600 (dpi), - support for/by MacOS 8.1 to 10.5 and - Ethernet connection (preferably UTP). Laser all-in-ones with flat-bed fax (min. speed 14k4) would also be considered. I look forward to hearing of your experience -- the good, the bad and the ugly -- directly or (preferably) on this NG :-). Yours sincerely, -- ...

Color pictures from b/w printer
Hi, I have an idea of preparing color printouts on a black-and-white printer. The idea is similar to the one used in LCD screens. A special filter with RGB stripes is placed on a b/w printout, which has RGB components printed (in b/w) exactly under appropriate filter. The printout (without any filters) would look like a normal b/w picture with reduced resolution, but with the filter - like a color printout. There may be some problem with the size of stripes, brightness of the picture, interference between the raster and stripes etc. Did anyone hear of such a method? I could...

Colorization of B & W Photo?
People, (Running v6.0) I have an old B & W photo that a family member wants colorized. Is this accomplished manually (meaning...vs. a plug-in)? Any good tutorials around? Thanks very much, mark4man "mark4man" <sonic.max@verizon.net> wrote in message news:ff9e6d84.0402280751.1716e683@posting.google.com... > People, > > (Running v6.0) I have an old B & W photo that a family member wants colorized. > > Is this accomplished manually (meaning...vs. a plug-in)? > > Any good tutorials around? > > Thanks very much, > > > mark4man h...

Reliable b&w laser printer
I am looking for a *RELIABLE* personal monochrome laser printer. Usage will only be an average of a few pages per day. A low profile would be a bonus, as space (height) is limited. Also, any "stay away from" caveats for so called "All-In-One" printers? Thanks. ...

Colorize B&W class photo
I would appreciate some guidance on how to colorize a class photo. Is there a tutorial that could give me some clues? I have a B&W class photo with 35 kids in it. They're all white, and their uniform is white(ish). I've tried Black Magic, but it seems hopeless. I need a tool that I can tell where the faces, arms, shirts, etc are. I really need a way of detecting all the edges, and then I can color the shapes. From my short play with it, it seems GIMP can do everything. Can someone give me some hints? (Delete REMOVE from my email to reply direct) ____________________________...

Web resources about - Best black and white photo printer with no or very little color casting? Any ideas? b&w bw - comp.periphs.printers

Casting (fishing) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Casting techniques vary with the type of fishing involved. Fly fishermen use artificial flies as a lure and use lighter rods and lines. They ...

Casting Crowns - Chronik-Fotos - Facebook
Hey Casting Crowns Family, I would appreciate your prayers. Doctors found a solid mass in my right kidney about a week ago. They are 90% sure ...

bubblegum casting (@bgumcasting) on Twitter

Casting - Quora
Quora is your best source for knowledge.

3d-printer chocolate casting - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
i scanned myself with: www.123dapp.com/catch cleaned and fixed the mesh with: www.netfabb.com/basic.php then subtracted my face from a cube to ...

Voting Machine Caught on Camera Casting Ballot for Democrat when Selecting Republican - YouTube
**UPDATE.... I've heard many reports that this is "just a calibration issue." I will say this... when I went to page 2 and began voting for city ...

'Once Upon a Time' Season 5 spoilers: New casting call hints at flashback scenes
“Once Upon a Time” Season 5 will show two witches while they were still young and innocent. A new casting call for “Once Upon a Time” Season ...

Ridley Scott casting 'tall and agile' Prometheus giants for Alien: Covenant shoot in Sydney
Ridley Scott is on the hunt for tall people to play Engineers and Xenomorphs in his next big-budget science-fiction film, Alien: Covenant. Casting ...

Global Industrial Casting Market Growth of 7.88% - Key Vendors are Alcoa, Dynacast International, Hitachi ...
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/39p8x8/global_industrial) has announced the addition of the &quot;Global Industrial ...

Joseph Fiennes on Michael Jackson casting controversy
Joseph Fiennes is responding to controversy over the news that he will play Michael Jackson