f



Best printer that can use OEM ink?

My beloved EPSON Color Stylus won't print yellow any more. It has served me
well in the past 10 years. It is time for me to buy a new color printer. My
only requirement is that I can refill with OEM ink. I know that many new
printers use computer chip to prevent people from doing that. Any
suggestion?


0
Ar
4/29/2005 6:58:29 PM
comp.periphs.printers 18139 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

13 Replies
581 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 47

I think you mean NON-OEM! OEM is Original Equipment Manufacturer.In other 
words if you have an Epson printer,you use Epson brand cartridges.
"Ar Q" <ArthurQ283@hottmail.com> wrote in message 
news:ptvce.1655$7F4.91@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net...
> My beloved EPSON Color Stylus won't print yellow any more. It has served 
> me
> well in the past 10 years. It is time for me to buy a new color printer. 
> My
> only requirement is that I can refill with OEM ink. I know that many new
> printers use computer chip to prevent people from doing that. Any
> suggestion?
>
> 


0
Douglas
4/29/2005 7:06:20 PM
A bit of confusion - OEM inks are original manufacturer - Epson in your 
case.  Before you give up on your printer send an email to Arthur Entlich at 
artistic@telus.net and ask him to send you his instructions on cleaning 
Epson print heads.  If you want to spend a few hours and try to fix it you 
may be able to bring it back to life.  I had a similar problem with my Epson 
printer and Arthur's instructions, and a bit of work restored it to 
excellent condition.  I don't know the sources, but there are good 
aftermarket ink cartridges for Epson printers.  Be sure to inquired on this 
NG about which ones people have had success with as there are also junk inks 
out there as well.  I use a Canon i960 printer with aftermarket inks with 
which I refill cartridges and the prints are just as good as with OEM inks.

"Ar Q" <ArthurQ283@hottmail.com> wrote in message 
news:ptvce.1655$7F4.91@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net...
> My beloved EPSON Color Stylus won't print yellow any more. It has served 
> me
> well in the past 10 years. It is time for me to buy a new color printer. 
> My
> only requirement is that I can refill with OEM ink. I know that many new
> printers use computer chip to prevent people from doing that. Any
> suggestion?
>
> 


0
Burt
4/29/2005 8:25:17 PM
I use the Epson C84 to print a lot    does a great job on handout papers.
I use www.printpal.com
their carts are very good.
and cheap
also see
http://www.ssclg.com/epsone.shtml


"Ar Q" <ArthurQ283@hottmail.com> wrote in message 
news:ptvce.1655$7F4.91@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net...
> My beloved EPSON Color Stylus won't print yellow any more. It has served 
> me
> well in the past 10 years. It is time for me to buy a new color printer. 
> My
> only requirement is that I can refill with OEM ink. I know that many new
> printers use computer chip to prevent people from doing that. Any
> suggestion?
>
> 


0
retsoppot
4/29/2005 9:05:07 PM
If you want to refill, Canon is the way to go. It's WAY simple and no
resetting required.
The PIXMA printers are all outstanding values for features and operating
costs. I refill my Canon tanks for less than $1 each.


"Ar Q" <ArthurQ283@hottmail.com> wrote in message
news:ptvce.1655$7F4.91@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net...
> My beloved EPSON Color Stylus won't print yellow any more. It has served
me
> well in the past 10 years. It is time for me to buy a new color printer.
My
> only requirement is that I can refill with OEM ink. I know that many new
> printers use computer chip to prevent people from doing that. Any
> suggestion?
>
>


0
Dan
4/29/2005 10:10:02 PM
I did make an effort to refill epson carts for my Epson Stylus 900, but it 
was more difficult than the Canon carts to refill, even with no chip in the 
cart, and the colors just didn't come out well.  Might have been my poor 
technique.  Refilling the carts for my canon i960 is easy, quick, and almost 
no mess at all.  Dan's right - for refilling Canon is the way to go.

"Dan G" <Dan@xxxx.com> wrote in message 
news:FI2dnUs2C4JlMu_fRVn-iQ@comcast.com...
> If you want to refill, Canon is the way to go. It's WAY simple and no
> resetting required.
> The PIXMA printers are all outstanding values for features and operating
> costs. I refill my Canon tanks for less than $1 each.
>
>
> "Ar Q" <ArthurQ283@hottmail.com> wrote in message
> news:ptvce.1655$7F4.91@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net...
>> My beloved EPSON Color Stylus won't print yellow any more. It has served
> me
>> well in the past 10 years. It is time for me to buy a new color printer.
> My
>> only requirement is that I can refill with OEM ink. I know that many new
>> printers use computer chip to prevent people from doing that. Any
>> suggestion?
>>
>>
>
> 


0
Burt
4/29/2005 10:47:09 PM

Douglas wrote:

>I think you mean NON-OEM! OEM is Original Equipment Manufacturer.In other 
>words if you have an Epson printer,you use Epson brand cartridges.
>  
>

That sounds like sense.

>"Ar Q" <ArthurQ283@hottmail.com> wrote in message 
>news:ptvce.1655$7F4.91@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net...
>  
>
>>My beloved EPSON Color Stylus won't print yellow any more. It has served 
>>me
>>well in the past 10 years. It is time for me to buy a new color printer. 
>>My
>>only requirement is that I can refill with OEM ink. I know that many new
>>printers use computer chip to prevent people from doing that. Any
>>suggestion?
>>
>>
>>    
>>
>
>
>  
>
0
measekite
4/29/2005 11:50:48 PM

retsoppot wrote:

>I use the Epson C84 to print a lot    does a great job on handout papers.
>I use www.printpal.com
>their carts are very good.
>and cheap
>  
>

And they do not tell you what you are buying.

>also see
>http://www.ssclg.com/epsone.shtml
>
>
>"Ar Q" <ArthurQ283@hottmail.com> wrote in message 
>news:ptvce.1655$7F4.91@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net...
>  
>
>>My beloved EPSON Color Stylus won't print yellow any more. It has served 
>>me
>>well in the past 10 years. It is time for me to buy a new color printer. 
>>My
>>only requirement is that I can refill with OEM ink. I know that many new
>>printers use computer chip to prevent people from doing that. Any
>>suggestion?
>>
>>
>>    
>>
>
>
>  
>
0
measekite
4/30/2005 12:01:03 AM

Burt wrote:

>I did make an effort to refill epson carts for my Epson Stylus 900, but it 
>was more difficult than the Canon carts to refill, even with no chip in the 
>cart, and the colors just didn't come out well.  Might have been my poor 
>technique.  
>

It is because Epson ink is made for the printer.

>Refilling the carts for my canon i960 is easy, quick, and almost 
>no mess at all.  Dan's right - for refilling Canon is the way to go.
>
>"Dan G" <Dan@xxxx.com> wrote in message 
>news:FI2dnUs2C4JlMu_fRVn-iQ@comcast.com...
>  
>
>>If you want to refill, Canon is the way to go. It's WAY simple and no
>>resetting required.
>>The PIXMA printers are all outstanding values for features and operating
>>costs. I refill my Canon tanks for less than $1 each.
>>
>>
>>"Ar Q" <ArthurQ283@hottmail.com> wrote in message
>>news:ptvce.1655$7F4.91@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net...
>>    
>>
>>>My beloved EPSON Color Stylus won't print yellow any more. It has served
>>>      
>>>
>>me
>>    
>>
>>>well in the past 10 years. It is time for me to buy a new color printer.
>>>      
>>>
>>My
>>    
>>
>>>only requirement is that I can refill with OEM ink. I know that many new
>>>printers use computer chip to prevent people from doing that. Any
>>>suggestion?
>>>
>>>
>>>      
>>>
>>    
>>
>
>
>  
>
0
measekite
4/30/2005 12:05:17 AM
Hi Ar,

I assume you mean non-OEM or 3rd party inks.  OEM means "Original 
Equipment Manufacturer" which would be Epson in this case.

Unfortunately, in the Epson line up, there aren't any printers made 
today that do not use a chipped cartridge.  If you want to keep with 
Epson, and want to use 3rd party inks, you will need to either buy the 
cartridges prefilled, get them refilled by someone, or buy a chip 
resetter to refill them yourself.  The newer individual color Epson 
cartridges are more involved to refill than the old several color types.

There are several websites that discuss this.

Chip resetters can be purchased for s few bucks on eBay these days.

In other brands, the easiest to refill is Canon.  In fact, 3rd party 
inks may provide more longevity against fading than Canon's own inks at 
this time.

Don't expect the Canon heads to last anything like 10 years without 
replacement.  Although Canon is suggesting the heads are longer lasting 
than other thermal type (and probably are considerably so) they won't 
have the lifespan of a piezo head as used in Epson printers.

Lastly, your Color STylus, although long in the tooth, and slow, may 
still be repairable.  Please email me using the address in the header 
and request the Epson Cleaning Manual.  I will email you a copy for 
free, and it may allow you to revive the yellow head.  The original 
Epson Stylus Color was a well built and rugged machine, and may give you 
more years of service if the head can ge dealt with.


Art

Ar Q wrote:

> My beloved EPSON Color Stylus won't print yellow any more. It has served me
> well in the past 10 years. It is time for me to buy a new color printer. My
> only requirement is that I can refill with OEM ink. I know that many new
> printers use computer chip to prevent people from doing that. Any
> suggestion?
> 
> 
0
Arthur
5/2/2005 11:56:19 AM

Arthur Entlich wrote:

> Hi Ar,
>
> I assume you mean non-OEM or 3rd party inks.  OEM means "Original 
> Equipment Manufacturer" which would be Epson in this case.
>
> Unfortunately, in the Epson line up, there aren't any printers made 
> today that do not use a chipped cartridge.  If you want to keep with 
> Epson, and want to use 3rd party inks, you will need to either buy the 
> cartridges prefilled, get them refilled by someone, or buy a chip 
> resetter to refill them yourself.  The newer individual color Epson 
> cartridges are more involved to refill than the old several color types.
>
> There are several websites that discuss this.
>
> Chip resetters can be purchased for s few bucks on eBay these days.
>
> In other brands, the easiest to refill is Canon.  In fact, 3rd party 
> inks may provide more longevity against fading than Canon's own inks 
> at this time.
>
> Don't expect the Canon heads to last anything like 10 years without 
> replacement.  



Who Cares.  Would you want to use an inkjet printer that was designed, 
engineered and built in 1995 today.  Of course not.  So why do you think 
you would want to use an inkjet purchased today in 2015.  Going even 
further, there are computers today that only have USB ports so printers 
that old cannot even be connected unless you get a special card.

> Although Canon is suggesting the heads are longer lasting than other 
> thermal type (and probably are considerably so) they won't have the 
> lifespan of a piezo head as used in Epson printers.


But they hopefully will last the economic life of the printer.

>
> Lastly, your Color STylus, although long in the tooth, and slow, may 
> still be repairable.  


That is not economically justifiable.

> Please email me using the address in the header and request the Epson 
> Cleaning Manual.  I will email you a copy for free, and it may allow 
> you to revive the yellow head.  


However, doing it yourself might be the only option that makes any sense.

> The original Epson Stylus Color was a well built and rugged machine, 
> and may give you more years of service if the head can ge dealt with.
>
>
> Art
>
> Ar Q wrote:
>
>> My beloved EPSON Color Stylus won't print yellow any more. It has 
>> served me
>> well in the past 10 years. It is time for me to buy a new color 
>> printer. My
>> only requirement is that I can refill with OEM ink. I know that many new
>> printers use computer chip to prevent people from doing that. Any
>> suggestion?
>>
>>
0
measekite
5/2/2005 3:39:43 PM
Menacetyke - Please pay attention and try to remember what you read - Ar 
probably has a head clog and Art Entlich, on request, freely distributes a 
guide to clearing Epson head clogs with pennies worth of household materials 
and in the privacy of your own home.  If Ar likes his printer and an hour of 
his time might restore it to near-new function I don't understand why you 
waste the time to criticize either Art or Ar.  I don't know Art Entlich, but 
I did restore an Epson Stylus 900 printer, a real work horse of a printer, 
with his head clog information.  Why continually diss the guy when he is 
extremely knowledgeable and spends lots of time helping people on this NG.

"measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message 
news:3Rrde.357$5o2.90@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com...
>
>
> Arthur Entlich wrote:
>
>> Hi Ar,
>>
>> I assume you mean non-OEM or 3rd party inks.  OEM means "Original 
>> Equipment Manufacturer" which would be Epson in this case.
>>
>> Unfortunately, in the Epson line up, there aren't any printers made today 
>> that do not use a chipped cartridge.  If you want to keep with Epson, and 
>> want to use 3rd party inks, you will need to either buy the cartridges 
>> prefilled, get them refilled by someone, or buy a chip resetter to refill 
>> them yourself.  The newer individual color Epson cartridges are more 
>> involved to refill than the old several color types.
>>
>> There are several websites that discuss this.
>>
>> Chip resetters can be purchased for s few bucks on eBay these days.
>>
>> In other brands, the easiest to refill is Canon.  In fact, 3rd party inks 
>> may provide more longevity against fading than Canon's own inks at this 
>> time.
>>
>> Don't expect the Canon heads to last anything like 10 years without 
>> replacement.
>
>
>
> Who Cares.  Would you want to use an inkjet printer that was designed, 
> engineered and built in 1995 today.  Of course not.  So why do you think 
> you would want to use an inkjet purchased today in 2015.  Going even 
> further, there are computers today that only have USB ports so printers 
> that old cannot even be connected unless you get a special card.
>
>> Although Canon is suggesting the heads are longer lasting than other 
>> thermal type (and probably are considerably so) they won't have the 
>> lifespan of a piezo head as used in Epson printers.
>
>
> But they hopefully will last the economic life of the printer.
>
>>
>> Lastly, your Color STylus, although long in the tooth, and slow, may 
>> still be repairable.
>
>
> That is not economically justifiable.
>
>> Please email me using the address in the header and request the Epson 
>> Cleaning Manual.  I will email you a copy for free, and it may allow you 
>> to revive the yellow head.
>
>
> However, doing it yourself might be the only option that makes any sense.
>
>> The original Epson Stylus Color was a well built and rugged machine, and 
>> may give you more years of service if the head can ge dealt with.
>>
>>
>> Art
>>
>> Ar Q wrote:
>>
>>> My beloved EPSON Color Stylus won't print yellow any more. It has served 
>>> me
>>> well in the past 10 years. It is time for me to buy a new color printer. 
>>> My
>>> only requirement is that I can refill with OEM ink. I know that many new
>>> printers use computer chip to prevent people from doing that. Any
>>> suggestion?
>>>
>>> 


0
Burt
5/2/2005 4:34:17 PM

Burt wrote:

>Menacetyke - Please pay attention and try to remember what you read - Ar 
>probably has a head clog and Art Entlich, on request, freely distributes a 
>guide to clearing Epson head clogs with pennies worth of household materials 
>and in the privacy of your own home.  If Ar likes his printer and an hour of 
>his time might restore it to near-new function I don't understand why you 
>waste the time to criticize either Art or Ar.  I don't know Art Entlich, but 
>I did restore an Epson Stylus 900 printer, a real work horse of a printer, 
>with his head clog information.  
>

Then you should ride the horse instead of buying a Canon.

>Why continually diss the guy when he is 
>extremely knowledgeable and spends lots of time helping people on this NG.
>
>"measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message 
>news:3Rrde.357$5o2.90@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com...
>  
>
>>Arthur Entlich wrote:
>>
>>    
>>
>>>Hi Ar,
>>>
>>>I assume you mean non-OEM or 3rd party inks.  OEM means "Original 
>>>Equipment Manufacturer" which would be Epson in this case.
>>>
>>>Unfortunately, in the Epson line up, there aren't any printers made today 
>>>that do not use a chipped cartridge.  If you want to keep with Epson, and 
>>>want to use 3rd party inks, you will need to either buy the cartridges 
>>>prefilled, get them refilled by someone, or buy a chip resetter to refill 
>>>them yourself.  The newer individual color Epson cartridges are more 
>>>involved to refill than the old several color types.
>>>
>>>There are several websites that discuss this.
>>>
>>>Chip resetters can be purchased for s few bucks on eBay these days.
>>>
>>>In other brands, the easiest to refill is Canon.  In fact, 3rd party inks 
>>>may provide more longevity against fading than Canon's own inks at this 
>>>time.
>>>
>>>Don't expect the Canon heads to last anything like 10 years without 
>>>replacement.
>>>      
>>>
>>
>>Who Cares.  Would you want to use an inkjet printer that was designed, 
>>engineered and built in 1995 today.  Of course not.  So why do you think 
>>you would want to use an inkjet purchased today in 2015.  Going even 
>>further, there are computers today that only have USB ports so printers 
>>that old cannot even be connected unless you get a special card.
>>
>>    
>>
>>>Although Canon is suggesting the heads are longer lasting than other 
>>>thermal type (and probably are considerably so) they won't have the 
>>>lifespan of a piezo head as used in Epson printers.
>>>      
>>>
>>But they hopefully will last the economic life of the printer.
>>
>>    
>>
>>>Lastly, your Color STylus, although long in the tooth, and slow, may 
>>>still be repairable.
>>>      
>>>
>>That is not economically justifiable.
>>
>>    
>>
>>>Please email me using the address in the header and request the Epson 
>>>Cleaning Manual.  I will email you a copy for free, and it may allow you 
>>>to revive the yellow head.
>>>      
>>>
>>However, doing it yourself might be the only option that makes any sense.
>>
>>    
>>
>>>The original Epson Stylus Color was a well built and rugged machine, and 
>>>may give you more years of service if the head can ge dealt with.
>>>
>>>
>>>Art
>>>
>>>Ar Q wrote:
>>>
>>>      
>>>
>>>>My beloved EPSON Color Stylus won't print yellow any more. It has served 
>>>>me
>>>>well in the past 10 years. It is time for me to buy a new color printer. 
>>>>My
>>>>only requirement is that I can refill with OEM ink. I know that many new
>>>>printers use computer chip to prevent people from doing that. Any
>>>>suggestion?
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>        
>>>>
>
>
>  
>
0
measekite
5/2/2005 5:37:31 PM
"measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message 
news:vztde.385$5o2.358@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com...
>
>
> Burt wrote:
>
>>Menacetyke - Please pay attention and try to remember what you read - Ar 
>>probably has a head clog and Art Entlich, on request, freely distributes a 
>>guide to clearing Epson head clogs with pennies worth of household 
>>materials and in the privacy of your own home.  If Ar likes his printer 
>>and an hour of his time might restore it to near-new function I don't 
>>understand why you waste the time to criticize either Art or Ar.  I don't 
>>know Art Entlich, but I did restore an Epson Stylus 900 printer, a real 
>>work horse of a printer, with his head clog information.
>
> Then you should ride the horse instead of buying a Canon.

(snip)

Thanks for the suggestion - I still use it in addition to my Canon.  No 
problems.  I also use HP printers currently as well. 


0
Burt
5/2/2005 9:24:33 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Printer Ink
Printer Ink - Pictures and Diagrams of Printer Ink, Printer Ink Cartridge, and Printer Ink Refill - Hi, I am working on a new Website, www.Printer-Ink.biz, for information on Printer Ink, Printer Ink Cartridge, and Printer Ink Refill. I already have some information about Printer Ink on the website - www.Printer-Ink.biz; what I am looking for is pictures and diagrams of how printer ink, printer ink cartridge and printer ink refill work for the www.Printer-ink.biz website. Specifically, I am looking for good pictures of printer ink, printer ink cartridge, or printer refi...

Printer sharing over wireless using Printopia
We are trying to share a printer for use by iPad users. The printer is dire= ctly connected to a Mac running Printopia. Both the Mac and all of the iPad= s are connected to the same WLAN. It's working fine at one location, but no= t at all at another location (iPads cannot see the printer). The location i= t works at has standalone APs (mostly 1131AGs). The site it does not work a= t has lightweight APs (4402 WLC running 6.0.199.4, also with 1131AGs). The = controller has multicast enabled, has multicast mode set to 'multicast', an= d has a multicast address set to 239.21.0....

Can I use Lexmark ink in a HP C4280 Photosmart printer?
I just bought an HP C4280 and I plan to re-fill the cartridges when they get low. I have a refill kit that I bought for a Lexmark X125 which works great in the Lexmark. I would like to know if this ink will work in the HP printer or could it damage the printer? thanks, G.M. Durrence (To reply remove -nospam) ...

Canon printer, can I reduce the amount of black ink being used?
I couldn't find the paper I used to buy for making flyers and brochures. So, I got another paper that is very nice, but isn't quite as compatible with my printer. It is a glossy flyer type paper. It prints fine except for black, which pools since it isn't being absorbed well enough. I managed to solve the problem with photos by reducing the opacity of the photo to 75%. Then it prints fine. What I need to figure out is how to adjust text in a word processor file. I managed to fix today's problem by changing the black text to dark blue. That comes out fine. But I w...

How can I reset the ink cartridge/ink level so the printer............
Hello, I own a HP PSC 1610 All-in-One Printer-Scanner-Copier which uses HP94 & HP95. I'm using generic brand cartridges and knew how to reset the cartridges, but I can't find the web sight that had pictures. In short, after the process, the printer's ink level checker will show full. All I remember is some tape, taped over one of the connections on the cartridge, but that's all I can remember. Please help. TIA. Billy Smitty wrote: > Hello, I own a HP PSC 1610 All-in-One Printer-Scanner-Copier which uses HP94 > & HP95. I'm using generic brand...

Can a USB port used by a printer be used for a scanner?
I've tried installing a scanner by connecting it to a USB port normally used for a printer. Can I do this? Like, when I want to use the printer or scanner i just connect then to the same port when needed? I would have thought so, but for some reason I can't see the scanner after installing the software In principle, yes, you can do that. However, some devices will only work with root ports (motherboard ports) and won't work on a hub port. And a particular product's drivers might behave in an unconventional way that, for that device, prohibited a mode of operation t...

How can I reset the ink cartridge/ink level so the printer............
Hello, I own a HP PSC 1610 All-in-One Printer-Scanner-Copier which uses HP94 & HP95. I'm using generic brand cartridges and knew how to reset the cartridges, but I can't find the web sight that had pictures. In short, after the process, the printer's ink level checker will show full. All I remember is some tape, taped over one of the connections on the cartridge, but that's all I can remember. Please help. TIA. On Apr 16, 4:00=A0pm, billy smith <billy.sm...@Yenc.com> wrote: > Hello, I own a HP PSC 1610 All-in-One Printer-Scanner-Copier which > uses HP94 &g...

FS: CANON (GENUINE, NEW/not used)
Posted on Ebay, item# 330331170291. Goto www.ebay.com & enter this item# 330331170291 into search window (or item# window); BUY NOW OPTION is AVAILABLE, i.e. NO need to wait for Auction ending. Do NOT reply on Newsgroups (I just posted here, but may not read) - instead contact via Ebay (best) or Email; if you insist on emailing and see "NOJUNK" strings in my address (or something to that effect) - REMOVE THEM before hitting send! (these are sometimes added to prevent SPAM, i.e. people who "harvest" addresses off Newsgroups). My Ebay feedback is 100% positive...

FS: PORTABLE CANON (GENUINE, NEW/not used)
Posted on Ebay, item# 330331170291. Goto www.ebay.com & enter this item# 330331170291 into search window (or item# window); BUY NOW OPTION is AVAILABLE, i.e. NO need to wait for Auction ending. Do NOT reply on Newsgroups (I just posted here, but will NOT read) - instead contact via Ebay (best) or Email. My Ebay feedback is 100% positive, not to mention 13 YEARS of Newsgroups trading without complains, and it's best to deal via Ebay though will respond to regular email also. Please read description there, but a few facts are copied here: 1) NEW (sealed) Canon cartridges for their p...

using the printer object, how do I tell what my default printer is
I want to set the margins on a report to specific settings so I'm thinking this will set the prt object to my default printer Dim prt As Printer Set prt = Application.Printers(0) but it doesn't and application.printers.count correct shows that I have eight possible printers so I could cycle through them if there was a prt property for 'default printer' but I can't find one is there a way to do this ? On Nov 9, 5:19=A0pm, Roger <lesperan...@natpro.com> wrote: > I want to set the margins on a report to specific settings > so I'm thinking this will...

Can I use postscript or PCL to tell the printer which paper bin to use?
I'm looking for an automated way to print out PDF files from a server that will also tell my HP LJ5500 printer which paper bin to use for printing. Is this possible? Any pointer is appreciated. Thanks in advance. pnlam wrote: > I'm looking for an automated way to print out PDF files from a server > that will also tell my HP LJ5500 printer which paper bin to use for > printing. Is this possible? Yes. Open the PPD for the printer in question and search for the keyword "InputSlot". You'll have to insert the specific PS calls, eg. <</ManualFeed fals...

How can I send a print to a different printer than the default printer?
I want to send my print to a different printer than the default printer. The only argument i have is the 'cDevice'. Is it possible to do that ? Regards George Hi George, try this: FUNCTION SetDefaultPrinter(cPrinter AS STRING) AS LOGIC // Set the given printer to be the default printer // cPrinter: name of printer to be made default // returns: whether successful LOCAL hPrinter AS PTR LOCAL pInfo AS _WinPrinter_Info_2 LOCAL size AS DWORD LOCAL done AS LOGIC IF OpenPrinter(String2Psz(cPrinter), @hPrinter, NULL_PTR) GetPrinter(hPrinter, 2, NULL_PTR, 0, @size)...

Can't delete printer from Printers Folder
When I open my Start/Settings/Printer folder and select the printer I need to delete, I get a Spool error and the computer freezes. This happens as soon as I click on the printer icon. I have other printers installed that work fine. But any time I change printers in a program like Word and I scroll past the bad printer I get the spool error and have to restart. Thanks, Patrick Les Moore wrote: > When I open my Start/Settings/Printer folder and select the printer I > need to delete, I get a Spool error and the computer freezes. This > happens as soon as I click on the...

how to distinguish between printer and printer
I would like to know how to distinguish between a Program Printer such as 'Acrobat PDFWriter' and a Hardware Printer such as HP's one and a Network Printer. Would it be possible to distiguish each of 'Acrobat PDFWriter', 'HP desKjet', shared printer(which the port is started with '\\'), and a printer(using tcp/ip port) through printer server, if they are installed on a PC. Now I'm trying to get the printer information with "EnumPrinter()", but it's not easy to get known how different. ...

Can a printer+airport be a "network" printer?
Situation: We have an Airport Extreme, and plugged into it is an HP LaserJet 1300 printer. When we first got it, we had two Mac Powerbooks, and I set up the printer from PB1. With only a bit of twiddling, we got PB2 to use it. So far, so good. But then, one day, it refused to work from PB2. Huh? With a bit more experimenting, we discovered that when we opened the lid of PB1, PB2 could use the printer. When we closed PB1's lid, PB2 lost contact with the printer. Recently, I upgraded a nearby linux box to the latest rev (of knoppix, FWIW). When I started up the CUPS stuff, it discover...

Best Ink Printer for Photos
I have purchased two different Epson printers (most recent a R340). Both of them produced excellent results until they experienced nozzle plugging/failure in about 18/months. I have a color laser and a monochrome laser that I use for the majority of my printing so the ink jet is only used for photo printing. The R340 cyan nozzle plugged/failed today so I will have to purchase another printer. Before I do that, I am seeking advice from the group as to their experience with printers. I want one that will last more then Epson's limited life span. Thanks, Dennis "Denni...

!Printers: How do I open Printer:$ ?
Hi, A long time ago (RO 3.1), I sometimes used the printer:$ window (IIRC) to directly send a specific sequence of bytes to a printer. Lately, I wanted to do the same thing under RISC OS 3.7 and printers 1.53. However *filer_opendir printer:$ gives: ��#:devices#buffer3:$.Parallel$ - the name was not recognised The error is also displayed when I click CTRL-Print in Zap *Show print* gives: PrintDefs$Dir : ADFS::HardDisc4.$.Apps.Printers16.!Boot.Resources.!PrintDefs PrintDefs$Path : ADFS::HardDisc4.$.Apps.Printers16.!Boot.Resources.!PrintDefs.Printers. Printer$ : PoScript2 Printer$Path : AD...

Address-Printer (?retrofit) (direct-printers) (marking printers)
Any clues on printers that print addresses directly on brochures? Also seek possible retrofit of existing dot-matrix printers to handle "flats" (no more than 20pg glossy brochures). where to buy refurbished? pls cc email - = - Vasos-Peter John Panagiotopoulos II, Columbia'81+, Bio$trategist http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/vjp2/vasos.htm ---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}--- ...

Best Printer for Occasional Use
Are there some models of printers that can clean the printheads better than others? I have a Canon i350 and have used up almost all of my ink in the process of cleaning the printheads and with wasted printouts from clogged heads. I print about once a week and the air is dry in the winter. Is any inkjet better, or is it just the nature of them? Are higher DPI printers more prone to clogging? Do any of them have the option to just clean the black printhead? TIA! On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 21:56:24 GMT, Al@nospam.net (Al) wrote: >Are there some models of printers that can clean the printheads better >than others? I have a Canon i350 and have used up almost all of my ink >in the process of cleaning the printheads and with wasted printouts >from clogged heads. I print about once a week and the air is dry in >the winter. > >Is any inkjet better, or is it just the nature of them? Are higher DPI >printers more prone to clogging? Do any of them have the option to >just clean the black printhead? This is something I am trying to pin down recently. I have had HPDJ printers since the 500c and apart from when I have let the cart run empty, can't remember them ever having trouble printing even after a prelonged idle period (like a month?). I am getting close to getting the Canon ip4000 but every time I hear stories of blocked print heads on Epson and Canon printers (unless you print something every day etc) I wonder if I'm d...

Network Printer help: Use a Shared Printer on a WinXP machine
Hello, I am new to Linux. I have the Slackware flavor installed, version 9.1. I am trying to use a shared printer on a Windows XP machine. I have verified that I can access the machine (ADDIE) through the network with: smb://Addie in Konqueror (Note: THis requires a USername/Password). I do have CUPS installed. I tried adding the printer with the CUPS "Add Printer" method. Below is the infomation I added: <First Page> Name: Addie's Printer Location: //Addie Description: Addie's Printer <Second Page> Device: Unknown Network Device(smb) ...

Printers: current "best" inkjet printer for FreeBSD?
As my current printer (an old Lexmark Z32) is starting to get old (it is ok, it has served my needs well for over five years now), I'm slowly and carefully looking for a new inkjet printer. Of course I wonder what is currently the "best" inkjet printer for FreeBSD. For my definition of "best" see below. "Best" (in this relation) means: - it must be cheap (not necessarily the cheapest) - ink cartridges must be (reatively) cheap - it must be possible to connect it directly to a FreeBSD machine and use a driver that works under FreeBSD (ghostscri...

Best A3 printer with archival ink
Does anybody have any suggestions or opinions about this subject? "news reader" <newsreader@bigpond.com> wrote in message news:qBSvm.43578$ze1.2111@news-server.bigpond.net.au... > Does anybody have any suggestions or opinions about this subject? For long-term legibility (after centuries, not just decades) surely archival-quality paper is more important than any variety of ink? -- Don Phillipson Carlsbad Springs (Ottawa, Canada) The Epson Ultrachrome ink printers have good longevity and pretty good color gamut. If you just need A3, consider the ...

Best Epson Printer Ink Sources?
Awhile ago I was considering buying bottled after-market ink formulated for Epson printers, but a very experienced friend whose judgement I trust told me he ruined a printer using ink which had been formulated for his brand of printer--NOT the garbagey universal kind which gunks up everything. I did notice some places online do sell the official cartridges for less than retail store prices. But which offer the best prices and reliability? I'd appreciate feedback on the best discount places to obtain Epson printer ink. Thanks for any and all advice and help. Cori <c...

Best printer to refill ink cartridges?
Buying a new printer, I want to be able to refill the cartridges. Currently using a Canon S520, which has 4 easily refilled tanks. Any advice from experienced refiller? The new Canon's have the same tank, ( #8) but with a chip. Easy to refill but you have to get around the low ink warnings. "Bill Bunn" <bbunn@cablespeed.com> wrote in message news:iomdnSJSOpIHJs3YnZ2dnUVZ_vCdnZ2d@cablespeedmd.com... > Buying a new printer, I want to be able to refill the cartridges. Currently > using a Canon S520, which has 4 easily refilled tanks. > Any advice ...

Web resources about - Best printer that can use OEM ink? - comp.periphs.printers

Game Boy Printer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Game Boy Printer is compatible with all the Game Boy systems except the Game Boy Micro , and is designed to be used in conjunction with the ...

Loving the new job. Fleet master for 30 printers(strong possib... - Facebook
Facebook is a social utility that connects people with friends and others who work, study and live around them. People use Facebook to keep ...

IC3D Printers (@IC3D_Printers) on Twitter
Sign in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here IC3D Printers @ IC3D_Printers ...

Thread: Are there any wireless laser printers that work?
I got a Brother printer a few years back on the recommendation of a friend, and it's been a wonderful printer. Fast and trouble-free. As someone ...

App Store - ACTPrinter - Virtual Printer for iPhone / iPad
Read reviews, get customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about ACTPrinter - Virtual Printer for iPhone / iPad on the App Store. Download ...

3D Printer - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore Oliver Quinlan's photos on Flickr. Oliver Quinlan has uploaded 1006 photos to Flickr.


Can you really get a solid all-in-one printer, copier and scanner for just $90?
... Deals team's advice. And in this case, we're going to help you upgrade to the Epson WorkForce WF-3620 WiFi Direct All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer, ...

Engineering students invented a 'pancake printer' that takes breakfast to the next level
It's Pancake Day! And what better way to celebrate than with the modern marvel that is this machine that will create pancakes in any shape you ...

How 3D printers are changing plastic surgery
The new technology is allowing patients to see a preview of their new faces before going under the knife

Resources last updated: 2/20/2016 2:03:10 AM