brother printer - full ink cartridge but does not print

Good morning,

I have a "brother DCP -115C" printer.
So far I was happy with it.
Now, I'm getting really upset with it:
Althought the ink cartridge for black is full I cannot
print a simple black and white document.
Its display is showing "Ink Empty Yellow" and "Replace Ink".

I do not want to buy new yellow ink because I simply
do not use colours. It really annoys me that brother tries
to make me wasting money and ink.

Does anyone know how to make the printer print WITHOUT
replacing the empty yellow ink cartridge (it is actually
not empty, maybe 1/5 left)?

Thank you very much,
Anna
0
ISO

"Anna L�ck" <anna_lueck@web.de> wrote in message
> Good morning,
>
> I have a "brother DCP -115C" printer.
> So far I was happy with it.
> Now, I'm getting really upset with it:
> Althought the ink cartridge for black is full I cannot
> print a simple black and white document.
> Its display is showing "Ink Empty Yellow" and "Replace Ink".
>
> I do not want to buy new yellow ink because I simply
> do not use colours. It really annoys me that brother tries
> to make me wasting money and ink.
>
> Does anyone know how to make the printer print WITHOUT
> replacing the empty yellow ink cartridge (it is actually
> not empty, maybe 1/5 left)?
>
> Thank you very much,
> Anna

I've had a Canon IP4000 for two years. It has 3 colours and two black
cartridges, and if any of the colours run out, it won't work at all. I can't
print black by itself. I think most newer printers are like that as far as I
know,though there may be some which allow you to print black only. I find it
annoying too, as lots of times I might still want to print black only. Its a
way for the manufacturer to get you to buy cartridges as far as I can see. I
also have a Canon IP 1500 which has one black and one tri colour cartridge,
and when the tri colour cartridge runs out, you can still print with black.
So sometimes I use it if I have a lot of black to print.  I don't know about
your yellow cartridges having 1/5 left though. My printer gives a warning
first like "ink is low" when you can still print a couple more printings,
then  shows "ink is out" and the printer is disabled..

Mary

0
Mary
12/31/2008 4:44:35 AM
On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 18:17:56 -0800, Anna Lück wrote:

> Good morning,
>
> I have a "brother DCP -115C" printer.
> So far I was happy with it.
> Now, I'm getting really upset with it:
> Althought the ink cartridge for black is full I cannot
> print a simple black and white document.
> Its display is showing "Ink Empty Yellow" and "Replace Ink".

When you buy trash is does not take long to be unhappy with it.  It looks
like you found that out.

> I do not want to buy new yellow ink because I simply do not use colours.
> It really annoys me that brother tries to make me wasting money and ink.

Go get a BW Laser.  I hear Brother does not make a real bad one of those.

> Does anyone know how to make the printer print WITHOUT replacing the
> empty yellow ink cartridge (it is actually not empty, maybe 1/5 left)?
>
> Thank you very much,
> Anna
0
measekite
12/31/2008 5:13:33 AM
On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 23:44:35 -0500, Mary wrote:

> "Anna Lück" <anna_lueck@web.de> wrote in message
>> Good morning,
>>
>> I have a "brother DCP -115C" printer.
>> So far I was happy with it.
>> Now, I'm getting really upset with it:
>> Althought the ink cartridge for black is full I cannot
>> print a simple black and white document.
>> Its display is showing "Ink Empty Yellow" and "Replace Ink".
>>
>> I do not want to buy new yellow ink because I simply
>> do not use colours. It really annoys me that brother tries
>> to make me wasting money and ink.
>>
>> Does anyone know how to make the printer print WITHOUT
>> replacing the empty yellow ink cartridge (it is actually
>> not empty, maybe 1/5 left)?
>>
>> Thank you very much,
>> Anna
>
> I've had a Canon IP4000 for two years. It has 3 colours and two black
> cartridges, and if any of the colours run out, it won't work at all. I
> can
That information is simply INCORRECT.  I have an IP4000 and it does print
when a color runs out.  But you can burn out your printhead.  Be sure to
check your color monitor and use Canon OEM ink for best results.

't print black by itself. I think most newer printers are like that
> as far as I know,though there may be some which allow you to print black
> only. I find it annoying too, as lots of times I might still want to
> print black only. Its a way for the manufacturer to get you to buy
> cartridges as far as I can see. I also have a Canon IP 1500 which has

That is not true.  The Canon IP1500 is such junk that I think one should
put tape over the Canon name if they want to use it.

> one black and one
tri colour cartridge, and when the tri colour

Tri color carts are a waste.  Just like in the Kodak printers when one
color runs out you need to throw the rest of the ink away.

> cartridge runs out, you can still print with black. So sometimes I use
> it if I have a lot of black to print.  I don't know about your yellow
> cartridges having 1/5 left though. My printer gives a warning first like
> "ink is low" when you can still print a couple more printings, then
> shows "ink is out" and the printer is disabled..

Only if you use Canon Oem ink.

> Mary
0
measekite
12/31/2008 5:17:32 AM
"measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message
> On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 23:44:35 -0500, Mary wrote:
>
> > "Anna Lück" <anna_lueck@web.de> wrote in message

> >> Good morning,
> >>
> >> I have a "brother DCP -115C" printer.
> >> So far I was happy with it.
> >> Now, I'm getting really upset with it:
> >> Althought the ink cartridge for black is full I cannot
> >> print a simple black and white document.
> >> Its display is showing "Ink Empty Yellow" and "Replace Ink".
> >>
> >> I do not want to buy new yellow ink because I simply
> >> do not use colours. It really annoys me that brother tries
> >> to make me wasting money and ink.
> >>
> >> Does anyone know how to make the printer print WITHOUT
> >> replacing the empty yellow ink cartridge (it is actually
> >> not empty, maybe 1/5 left)?
> >>
> >> Thank you very much,
> >> Anna
> >
> > I've had a Canon IP4000 for two years. It has 3 colours and two black
> > cartridges, and if any of the colours run out, it won't work at all. I
> > can
> That information is simply INCORRECT.  I have an IP4000 and it does print
> when a color runs out.  But you can burn out your printhead.  Be sure to
> check your color monitor and use Canon OEM ink for best results.

Well, I've never been able to get it to run when it says any of the
cartridges are "out of ink" and I've used OEM cartridges a lot of the time.
So I don't know how you can get it to work and I can't. The printer is not
burned out. Once that sign appears on the status detector, the printer won't
run at all.

> 't print black by itself. I think most newer printers are like that
> > as far as I know,though there may be some which allow you to print black
> > only. I find it annoying too, as lots of times I might still want to
> > print black only. Its a way for the manufacturer to get you to buy
> > cartridges as far as I can see. I also have a Canon IP 1500 which has
>
> That is not true.  The Canon IP1500 is such junk that I think one should
> put tape over the Canon name if they want to use it.

The Canon IP1500 is a great printer. put tape over yourself.

> > one black and one
> tri colour cartridge, and when the tri colour
>
> Tri color carts are a waste.  Just like in the Kodak printers when one
> color runs out you need to throw the rest of the ink away.

Tri color works fine. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion, the same
as you like to give yours.

> > cartridge runs out, you can still print with black. So sometimes I use
> > it if I have a lot of black to print.  I don't know about your yellow
> > cartridges having 1/5 left though. My printer gives a warning first like
> > "ink is low" when you can still print a couple more printings, then
> > shows "ink is out" and the printer is disabled..
>
> Only if you use Canon Oem ink.

Of course. >:p

0
Mary
12/31/2008 6:13:18 AM
On 31 Dec, 07:13, "Mary" <nos...@invalid.swl> wrote:
> "measekite" <inkysti...@oem.com> wrote in message
>
> news:MfD6l.11805$YU2.11242@nlpi066.nbdc.sbc.com...> On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 2=
3:44:35 -0500, Mary wrote:

> > > "Anna L=FCck" <anna_lu...@web.de> wrote in message

> > > I've had a Canon IP4000 for two years. It has 3 colours and two black
> > > cartridges, and if any of the colours run out, it won't work at all. =
> > > can
> > That information is simply INCORRECT. =A0I have an IP4000 and it does p=
rint
> > when a color runs out. =A0But you can burn out your printhead. =A0Be su=
re to
> > check your color monitor and use Canon OEM ink for best results.
>
> Well, I've never been able to get it to run when it says any of the
> cartridges are "out of ink" and I've used OEM cartridges a lot of the tim=
e.
> So I don't know how you can get it to work and I can't. The printer is no=
> burned out. Once that sign appears on the status detector, the printer wo=
n't
> run at all.
>
> > 't print black by itself. I think most newer printers are like that
> > > as far as I know,though there may be some which allow you to print bl=
ack
> > > only. I find it annoying too, as lots of times I might still want to
> > > print black only. Its a way for the manufacturer to get you to buy
> > > cartridges as far as I can see. I also have a Canon IP 1500 which has
>
> > That is not true. =A0The Canon IP1500 is such junk that I think one sho=
uld
> > put tape over the Canon name if they want to use it.
>
> The Canon IP1500 is a great printer. put tape over yourself.
>
> > > one black and one
> > tri colour cartridge, and when the tri colour
>
> > Tri color carts are a waste. =A0Just like in the Kodak printers when on=
> > color runs out you need to throw the rest of the ink away.
>
> Tri color works fine. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion, the sam=
> as you like to give yours.
>
> > > cartridge runs out, you can still print with black. So sometimes I us=
> > > it if I have a lot of black to print. =A0I don't know about your yell=
ow
> > > cartridges having 1/5 left though. My printer gives a warning first l=
ike
> > > "ink is low" when you can still print a couple more printings, then
> > > shows "ink is out" and the printer is disabled..
>
> > Only if you use Canon Oem ink.
>
> Of course. >:p

Thank you for your answers.

Is there a way of getting my current brother printer to print rather
than
considering buying other printers? I don't want to spend money on a
new resp. other printer.

I would like to know of how to get my brother printer print.
0
ISO
12/31/2008 10:01:56 AM

> . . .
> Is there a way of getting my current brother printer to print rather
> than considering buying other printers? I don't want to spend money on a
> new resp. other printer.

It would be cheaper to replace the colour cartridge(s).
Brother DCPs appear to accept unbranded replacement
cartridges (at least my DCP 330C and DCP 540CN do.)
Many brands of printer will not function with a single
empty ink cartridge.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

0
Don
12/31/2008 2:07:30 PM
On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 01:13:18 -0500, Mary wrote:

> "measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 23:44:35 -0500, Mary wrote:
>>
>> > "Anna Lück" <anna_lueck@web.de> wrote in message

>> > I've had a Canon IP4000 for two years. It has 3 colours and two black
>> > cartridges, and if any of the colours run out, it won't work at all. I
>> > can
>> That information is simply INCORRECT.  I have an IP4000 and it does print
>> when a color runs out.  But you can burn out your printhead.  Be sure to
>> check your color monitor and use Canon OEM ink for best results.
>
> Well, I've never been able to get it to run when it says any of the
> cartridges are "out of ink" and I've used OEM cartridges a lot of the time.
> So I don't know how you can get it to work and I can't. The printer is not
> burned out. Once that sign appears on the status detector, the printer won't
> run at all.

That is because you do not ask the right questions.

An Example:

What operating system are you using?

What driver are you using?

These are just two questions.

>> 't print black by itself. I think most newer printers are like that
>> > as far as I know,though there may be some which allow you to print black
>> > only. I find it annoying too, as lots of times I might still want to
>> > print black only. Its a way for the manufacturer to get you to buy
>> > cartridges as far as I can see. I also have a Canon IP 1500 which has
>>
>> That is not true.  The Canon IP1500 is such junk that I think one should
>> put tape over the Canon name if they want to use it.
>
> The Canon IP1500 is a great printer. put tape over yourself.
>
>> > one black and one
>> tri colour cartridge, and when the tri colour
>>
>> Tri color carts are a waste.  Just like in the Kodak printers when one
>> color runs out you need to throw the rest of the ink away.
>
> Tri color works fine. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion, the same
> as you like to give yours.
>
>> > cartridge runs out, you can still print with black. So sometimes I use
>> > it if I have a lot of black to print.  I don't know about your yellow
>> > cartridges having 1/5 left though. My printer gives a warning first like
>> > "ink is low" when you can still print a couple more printings, then
>> > shows "ink is out" and the printer is disabled..
>>
>> Only if you use Canon Oem ink.
>
> Of course. >:p
0
measekite
12/31/2008 3:54:54 PM
On 31 Dec, 16:54, measekite <inkysti...@oem.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 01:13:18 -0500, Mary wrote:
> > "measekite" <inkysti...@oem.com> wrote in message

..

> >> That information is simply INCORRECT. =A0I have an IP4000 and it does =
print
> >> when a color runs out. =A0But you can burn out your printhead. =A0Be s=
ure to
> >> check your color monitor and use Canon OEM ink for best results.
>
> > Well, I've never been able to get it to run when it says any of the
> > cartridges are "out of ink" and I've used OEM cartridges a lot of the t=
ime.
> > So I don't know how you can get it to work and I can't. The printer is =
not
> > burned out. Once that sign appears on the status detector, the printer =
won't
> > run at all.
>
> That is because you do not ask the right questions.
>
> An Example:
>
> What operating system are you using?
>
> What driver are you using?
>
> These are just two questions.

Well, I'm just a silly Windows XP user.
The driver is the standard one which was also delivered with the
printer:
It's version 5.01 for Windows2000/XP, date: 28 April 2005.

Shall I update it?

Please let me know what other information you need.

0
ISO
12/31/2008 5:43:07 PM
On Dec 30, 10:13 pm, measekite <inkysti...@oem.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 18:17:56 -0800, Anna L=FCck wrote:
> > Good morning,
>
> > I have a "brother DCP -115C" printer.
> > So far I was happy with it.
> > Now, I'm getting really upset with it:
> > Althought the ink cartridge for black is full I cannot
> > print a simple black and white document.
> > Its display is showing "Ink Empty Yellow" and "Replace Ink".
>
> When you buy trash is does not take long to be unhappy with it.  It looks
> like you found that out.
>

> > I do not want to buy new yellow ink because I simply do not use colours=
..
> > It really annoys me that brother tries to make me wasting money and ink=
..

> Go get a BW Laser.  I hear Brother does not make a real bad one of those.
>

> > Does anyone know how to make the printer print WITHOUT replacing the
> > empty yellow ink cartridge (it is actually not empty, maybe 1/5 left)?
>
> > Thank you very much,
> > Anna

You probably already know this, but I think all inkjet printers are
set up to print black, using all colors. I don't believe there is any
inkjet printer that will print if one of the colors is determined by
the driver to be lacking. In other words, you cannot select a
particular color for your printer to print, including black. You
cannot say, "I want this image/document to be in magenta" & expect the
printer to just use that cartridge. If you want a document/image to be
printed in magenta, you have to use the app plus the printer driver to
do that.

You have to select the color, including black, in your app and/or the
printer driver. Inkjet printers are designed to produce black, gray,
etc., USING ALL FOUR CMYK COLORS. There's no way to get around it. If
you want a black "color," you tell the app and/or the printer driver
that's the color you want. It will adjust for that, but the printer
needs to have all colors ready to go, as far as available ink supply.
Whether or not you still have enough yellow is your judgment call, but
your printer utility is what you have to go by. If it says you don't
have enough yellow, you'll have to buy a new color cartridge. That's
just the way it is.

BTW, you might ask yourself, "Why am I using so much yellow?" If most
of your printing is B/W, it's odd that the yellow would be drawn down
more than the other colors.
0
Empedocles
12/31/2008 5:46:03 PM
> On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 01:13:18 -0500, Mary wrote:
>
> > "measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message

> >> That information is simply INCORRECT.  I have an IP4000 and it does
print
> >> when a color runs out.  But you can burn out your printhead.  Be sure
> >> check your color monitor and use Canon OEM ink for best results.
> >
> > Well, I've never been able to get it to run when it says any of the
> > cartridges are "out of ink" and I've used OEM cartridges a lot of the
time.
> > So I don't know how you can get it to work and I can't. The printer is
not
> > burned out. Once that sign appears on the status detector, the printer
won't
> > run at all.
>

> That is because you do not ask the right questions.
>
> An Example:
>
> What operating system are you using?
>
> What driver are you using?
>
> These are just two questions.

In my case, are you saying that if I used a particular operating system
and/or a particular driver, I could get my printer to print black text only
even if one of my colors say the status detector says I have to replace
yellow cartridge as it is out of ink. Not just low on ink but out of ink.

Just for information, I use Win XP and drivers that came with the printer.

Mary

> >> 't print black by itself. I think most newer printers are like that
> >>
> >> That is not true.  The Canon IP1500 is such junk that I think one
should
> >> put tape over the Canon name if they want to use it.
> >
> > The Canon IP1500 is a great printer. put tape over yourself.

> >> tri colour cartridge, and when the tri colour
> >>
> >> Tri color carts are a waste.  Just like in the Kodak printers when one
> >> color runs out you need to throw the rest of the ink away.
> >
> > Tri color works fine. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion, the
same
> > as you like to give yours.

> >> Only if you use Canon Oem ink.
> >
> > Of course. >:p

0
Mary
12/31/2008 7:10:32 PM
"Anna L�ck" <anna_lueck@web.de> wrote in message
On 31 Dec, 07:13, "Mary" <nos...@invalid.swl> wrote:
> "measekite" <inkysti...@oem.com> wrote in message
>
> news:MfD6l.11805$YU2.11242@nlpi066.nbdc.sbc.com...> On Tue, 30 Dec 2008
23:44:35 -0500, Mary wrote:

> > > "Anna L�ck" <anna_lu...@web.de> wrote in message

> > > I've had a Canon IP4000 for two years. It has 3 colours and two black
> > > cartridges, and if any of the colours run out, it won't work at all. I
> > > can
> > That information is simply INCORRECT. I have an IP4000 and it does print
> > when a color runs out. But you can burn out your printhead. Be sure to
> > check your color monitor and use Canon OEM ink for best results.
>
> Well, I've never been able to get it to run when it says any of the
> cartridges are "out of ink" and I've used OEM cartridges a lot of the
time.
> So I don't know how you can get it to work and I can't. The printer is not
> burned out. Once that sign appears on the status detector, the printer
won't
> run at all.
>
> > 't print black by itself. I think most newer printers are like that
> > > as far as I know,though there may be some which allow you to print
black
> > > only. I find it annoying too, as lots of times I might still want to
> > > print black only. Its a way for the manufacturer to get you to buy
> > > cartridges as far as I can see. I also have a Canon IP 1500 which has
>
> > That is not true. The Canon IP1500 is such junk that I think one should
> > put tape over the Canon name if they want to use it.
>
> The Canon IP1500 is a great printer. put tape over yourself.
>
> > > one black and one
> > tri colour cartridge, and when the tri colour
>
> > Tri color carts are a waste. Just like in the Kodak printers when one
> > color runs out you need to throw the rest of the ink away.
>
> Tri color works fine. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion, the same
> as you like to give yours.
>
> > > cartridge runs out, you can still print with black. So sometimes I use
> > > it if I have a lot of black to print. I don't know about your yellow
> > > cartridges having 1/5 left though. My printer gives a warning first
like
> > > "ink is low" when you can still print a couple more printings, then
> > > shows "ink is out" and the printer is disabled..
>
> > Only if you use Canon Oem ink.
>
> Of course. >:p

Thank you for your answers.

Is there a way of getting my current brother printer to print rather
than
considering buying other printers? I don't want to spend money on a
new resp. other printer.

I would like to know of how to get my brother printer print.

Some of the others here might be able to give you the answer to what you are
asking. There are some pretty experienced and helpful people here who have
helped me in the past. If most of your printing is black text only and you
do very little color printing, you might be better off with a black only
laser printer. If it was me, I would look into the cost of the maintaining
it.  I don't know how expensive cartridges (or toner) is for a laser
printer. I think its a good idea to look into the maintenance cost of
different printers before buying one. Its not something I thought about too
much myself, but I would now. I used to use Staples compatible ink
cartridges and they were ok, but now they are not much cheaper than brand
name.

Mary

0
Mary
12/31/2008 8:01:23 PM
> I would like to know of how to get my brother printer print.

As you don't seem to be worried about the yellow section of
the head, bearing in mind that without the cooling effect
of the ink it could burn out, I'd buy the cheapest yellow
cartridge you can find, probably on eBay.
Seeing a new cartridge should persuade it to print
black (and send Meakshite back to his medication).
That way you should be able to print black, preserve
the head in case you ever need colour, and who
knows the cheapo cartridge mught give a decent colour
performance.
Cheaper than a new printer that further down the line
may stop printing because it thinks one colour is empty.
Mine's an Epson, 3 colours in one cartridge, and guess
what? When it thinks one colour is empty, it does the
same.
0
Ato_Zee
12/31/2008 8:20:23 PM
"Mary" <nospam@invalid.swl> wrote:
snip

>> That is because you do not ask the right questions.
>>
>> An Example:
>>
>> What operating system are you using?
>>
>> What driver are you using?
>>
>> These are just two questions.
>
>In my case, are you saying that if I used a particular operating system
>and/or a particular driver, I could get my printer to print black text only
>even if one of my colors say the status detector says I have to replace
>yellow cartridge as it is out of ink. Not just low on ink but out of ink.
>
>Just for information, I use Win XP and drivers that came with the printer.
>
>Mary

Mary
If that is what he is saying then he is wrong.
The status of the ink cartridge in an ip4000 is determined solely by the
printer, it has nothing to do with the driver or the operating system. If the
printer determines that a cartridge is empty it will refuse to print and will
report that to the driver.
With this printer I know of no way to make it print without installing a
cartridge that has ink in it. If there was a way to do it you would be putting
your printhead at risk.
I believe the person to whom you responded is being deliberately mischievous or
worse. He has never got his ip4000 to print with a truly empty cartridge unless
his printer is faulty or modified.
Tony

snip
0
Tony
12/31/2008 8:57:29 PM
"Tony" <tonythebengaltiger@gmail.com> wrote in message
> "Mary" <nospam@invalid.swl> wrote:
> snip
> >>

> >> That is because you do not ask the right questions.
> >>
> >> An Example:
> >>
> >> What operating system are you using?
> >>
> >> What driver are you using?
> >>
> >> These are just two questions.
> >
> >In my case, are you saying that if I used a particular operating system
> >and/or a particular driver, I could get my printer to print black text
only
> >even if one of my colors say the status detector says I have to replace
> >yellow cartridge as it is out of ink. Not just low on ink but out of ink.
> >
> >Just for information, I use Win XP and drivers that came with the
printer.

> >Mary
> >
> Mary
> If that is what he is saying then he is wrong.
> The status of the ink cartridge in an ip4000 is determined solely by the
> printer, it has nothing to do with the driver or the operating system. If
the
> printer determines that a cartridge is empty it will refuse to print and
will
> report that to the driver.
> With this printer I know of no way to make it print without installing a
> cartridge that has ink in it. If there was a way to do it you would be
putting
> your printhead at risk.
> I believe the person to whom you responded is being deliberately
mischievous or
> worse. He has never got his ip4000 to print with a truly empty cartridge
unless
> his printer is faulty or modified.
> Tony

So I guess there is no way to get my IP 4000 printer to print black only
when any other cartridge is empty and reports it is empty, right? I didn't
think so because when my printer says its out of ink, it  becomes disabled
and won't print at all. I was just making sure. Even though I know measekite
from the past, very occasionally he says something correct, but doesn't last
till he rambles again. Deliberately mischievous is right. I hate having to
replace color carts as I could still use black only till I can get the
needed cartridge. I sometimes go back to my old IP1500 which WILL work with
black only. Too bad the new printers weren't like that, but then the
manufacturers are hoping you will buy more carts. Argghhhhh.  Thanks Tony.
You are always helpful. Nice talking to you again. Happy new year.

Mary

0
Mary
1/1/2009 12:16:39 AM
On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 14:10:32 -0500, Mary wrote:

> "measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message
>> On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 01:13:18 -0500, Mary wrote:
>>
>> > "measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message

> print
>> >
>> > Well, I've never been able to get it to run when it says any of the
>> > cartridges are "out of ink" and I've used OEM cartridges a lot of the
> time.
>> > So I don't know how you can get it to work and I can't. The printer is
> not
>> > burned out. Once that sign appears on the status detector, the printer
> won't
>> > run at all.
>>

>> That is because you do not ask the right questions.
>>
>> An Example:
>>
>> What operating system are you using?
>>
>> What driver are you using?
>>
>> These are just two questions.
>
> In my case, are you saying that if I used a particular operating system
> and/or a particular driver, I could get my printer to print black text only
> even if one of my colors say the status detector says I have to replace
> yellow cartridge as it is out of ink. Not just low on ink but out of ink.
>
> Just for information, I use Win XP and drivers that came with the printer.
>
> Mary

> black

> should
>> >
>> > The Canon IP1500 is a great printer. put tape over yourself.

>> > Tri color works fine. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion, the
> same
>> > as you like to give yours.

> use
> like

>> > Of course. >:p

Yes

The status detector is part of the driver.  The driver tells the printer
what to do.  I have to watch by ink supply since I am using a Japanese
driver that does not support an ink detector under Linux and my IP4000
will print even thought a color is out.  That could burn the printhead if
I was not careful.
0
measekite
1/1/2009 7:15:18 AM
On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 14:57:29 -0600, Tony wrote:

> "Mary" <nospam@invalid.swl> wrote:
> snip
>>>

>>> That is because you do not ask the right questions.
>>>
>>> An Example:
>>>
>>> What operating system are you using?
>>>
>>> What driver are you using?
>>>
>>> These are just two questions.
>>
>>In my case, are you saying that if I used a particular operating system
>>and/or a particular driver, I could get my printer to print black text only
>>even if one of my colors say the status detector says I have to replace
>>yellow cartridge as it is out of ink. Not just low on ink but out of ink.
>>
>>Just for information, I use Win XP and drivers that came with the printer.
>>
>>Mary
>>
> Mary
> If that is what he is saying then he is wrong.
> The status of the ink cartridge in an ip4000 is determined solely by the
> printer, it has nothing to do with the driver or the operating system. If the
> printer determines that a cartridge is empty it will refuse to print and will
> report that to the driver.

That is what you think.

> With this printer I know of no way to make it print without installing a
> cartridge that has ink in it. If there was a way to do it you would be putting
> your printhead at risk.

I NEED TO WATCH MY INK SUPPLY TO ENSURE THAT IT DOES NOT RUN DRY AND BURN
THE HEAD.

> I believe the person to whom you responded is being
deliberately
> mischievous or worse. He has never got his ip4000 to print with a truly

YOU ARE FULL OF CRAP.

I will bet you know nothing about Linux and foreign drivers.

> empty cartridge unless his printer is faulty or modified. Tony
>>
> snip
0
measekite
1/1/2009 7:17:30 AM
"Mary" <nospam@invalid.swl> wrote:
>"measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message
>> On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 01:13:18 -0500, Mary wrote:
>>
>> > "measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message

>print
>> >
>> > Well, I've never been able to get it to run when it says any of the
>> > cartridges are "out of ink" and I've used OEM cartridges a lot of the
>time.
>> > So I don't know how you can get it to work and I can't. The printer is
>not
>> > burned out. Once that sign appears on the status detector, the printer
>won't
>> > run at all.
>>

>> That is because you do not ask the right questions.
>>
>> An Example:
>>
>> What operating system are you using?
>>
>> What driver are you using?
>>
>> These are just two questions.
>
>In my case, are you saying that if I used a particular operating system
>and/or a particular driver, I could get my printer to print black text only
>even if one of my colors say the status detector says I have to replace
>yellow cartridge as it is out of ink. Not just low on ink but out of ink.
>
>Just for information, I use Win XP and drivers that came with the printer.
>
>Mary

>black

>should
>> >
>> > The Canon IP1500 is a great printer. put tape over yourself.

>> > Tri color works fine. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion, the
>same
>> > as you like to give yours.

>use
>like

>> > Of course. >:p

Mary
Be very careful. This man is deliberately trying to mislead you. The printer
will indicate ink out even if it has never been connected to a computer. Any
driver, Japanese or otherwise, cannot possibly overide the printer; that is
simply not possible. This is deliberate design by the manufacturer to prevent
damage to the printhead if one of the cartridges is dry.
I think you would be wise to ignore this person, his history in this and many
other newsgroups is one of deliberately doing harm. A weasel of a man and
unfortunately clever enough to mislead 0.0001% of the people who read his posts.
I wish you a happy and fulfilled year and lots of great prints.
Tony
Tony
MS MVP Printing Image

0
Tony
1/1/2009 8:30:56 AM
Although I do not know the specifics, many inkjet printers with
permanent heads require all the ink cartridges be installed and contain
enough ink or they will not print.  The reason is because the heads can
clog if left without ink in them, and with some semi-permanent thermal
heads, the head can burn out if run without ink.

I think Brother inkjet printers use piezo printheads, meaning the head
isn't likely to burn out if run without ink, but it very well might clog
the head quite badly.

Art

If you are interested in issues surrounding e-waste,
   I invite you to enter the discussion at my blog:

       http://e-trashtalk.spaces.live.com/

Anna L�ck wrote:
> Good morning,
>
> I have a "brother DCP -115C" printer.
> So far I was happy with it.
> Now, I'm getting really upset with it:
> Althought the ink cartridge for black is full I cannot
> print a simple black and white document.
> Its display is showing "Ink Empty Yellow" and "Replace Ink".
>
> I do not want to buy new yellow ink because I simply
> do not use colours. It really annoys me that brother tries
> to make me wasting money and ink.
>
> Does anyone know how to make the printer print WITHOUT
> replacing the empty yellow ink cartridge (it is actually
> not empty, maybe 1/5 left)?
>
> Thank you very much,
> Anna
0
Arthur
1/1/2009 9:37:17 AM
The Canon printer you mentioned uses semi-permanent heads and it can
indeed be damaged by running the printer with no ink running through one
or more colors.

To protect the head from damage, it simply won;t print without all inks
in place.

Mary wrote:
> "Anna L�ck" <anna_lueck@web.de> wrote in message
>> Good morning,
>>
>> I have a "brother DCP -115C" printer.
>> So far I was happy with it.
>> Now, I'm getting really upset with it:
>> Althought the ink cartridge for black is full I cannot
>> print a simple black and white document.
>> Its display is showing "Ink Empty Yellow" and "Replace Ink".
>>
>> I do not want to buy new yellow ink because I simply
>> do not use colours. It really annoys me that brother tries
>> to make me wasting money and ink.
>>
>> Does anyone know how to make the printer print WITHOUT
>> replacing the empty yellow ink cartridge (it is actually
>> not empty, maybe 1/5 left)?
>>
>> Thank you very much,
>> Anna
>
> I've had a Canon IP4000 for two years. It has 3 colours and two black
> cartridges, and if any of the colours run out, it won't work at all. I can't
> print black by itself. I think most newer printers are like that as far as I
> know,though there may be some which allow you to print black only. I find it
> annoying too, as lots of times I might still want to print black only. Its a
> way for the manufacturer to get you to buy cartridges as far as I can see. I
> also have a Canon IP 1500 which has one black and one tri colour cartridge,
> and when the tri colour cartridge runs out, you can still print with black.
> So sometimes I use it if I have a lot of black to print.  I don't know about
> your yellow cartridges having 1/5 left though. My printer gives a warning
> first like "ink is low" when you can still print a couple more printings,
> then  shows "ink is out" and the printer is disabled..
>
> Mary

0
Arthur
1/1/2009 9:39:17 AM
A few considerations:

A number of inkjet printers are capable of printing black and white, or
even greyscale documents with just the black ink (some Epson printers
offer this option, as do some HP).  Some Canon printers use a pigment
ink black cartridge just for use with text or black and white only
documents.

I believe some models of HP printers can continue printing in black only
even if the color cartridge is run out or removed from the printer.
These printers have "disposable" cartridges with the head incorporated.
Some older Canon can do the same. I don;t know about other thermal
products like Lexmark.

Empedocles wrote:
> On Dec 30, 10:13 pm, measekite <inkysti...@oem.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 18:17:56 -0800, Anna L�ck wrote:
>>> Good morning,
>>> I have a "brother DCP -115C" printer.
>>> So far I was happy with it.
>>> Now, I'm getting really upset with it:
>>> Althought the ink cartridge for black is full I cannot
>>> print a simple black and white document.
>>> Its display is showing "Ink Empty Yellow" and "Replace Ink".
>> When you buy trash is does not take long to be unhappy with it.  It looks
>> like you found that out.
>>

>>> I do not want to buy new yellow ink because I simply do not use colours.
>>> It really annoys me that brother tries to make me wasting money and ink.
>> Go get a BW Laser.  I hear Brother does not make a real bad one of those.
>>

>>> Does anyone know how to make the printer print WITHOUT replacing the
>>> empty yellow ink cartridge (it is actually not empty, maybe 1/5 left)?
>>> Thank you very much,
>>> Anna
>
> You probably already know this, but I think all inkjet printers are
> set up to print black, using all colors. I don't believe there is any
> inkjet printer that will print if one of the colors is determined by
> the driver to be lacking. In other words, you cannot select a
> particular color for your printer to print, including black. You
> cannot say, "I want this image/document to be in magenta" & expect the
> printer to just use that cartridge. If you want a document/image to be
> printed in magenta, you have to use the app plus the printer driver to
> do that.
>
> You have to select the color, including black, in your app and/or the
> printer driver. Inkjet printers are designed to produce black, gray,
> etc., USING ALL FOUR CMYK COLORS. There's no way to get around it. If
> you want a black "color," you tell the app and/or the printer driver
> that's the color you want. It will adjust for that, but the printer
> needs to have all colors ready to go, as far as available ink supply.
> Whether or not you still have enough yellow is your judgment call, but
> your printer utility is what you have to go by. If it says you don't
> have enough yellow, you'll have to buy a new color cartridge. That's
> just the way it is.
>
> BTW, you might ask yourself, "Why am I using so much yellow?" If most
> of your printing is B/W, it's odd that the yellow would be drawn down
> more than the other colors.
0
Arthur
1/1/2009 9:54:06 AM
> "Mary" <nospam@invalid.swl> wrote:
> >"measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message

> >print

> >time.
> >not
> >won't
> >>

> >> That is because you do not ask the right questions.
> >>
> >> An Example:
> >>
> >> What operating system are you using?
> >>
> >> What driver are you using?
> >>
> >> These are just two questions.
> >
> >In my case, are you saying that if I used a particular operating system
> >and/or a particular driver, I could get my printer to print black text
only
> >even if one of my colors say the status detector says I have to replace
> >yellow cartridge as it is out of ink. Not just low on ink but out of ink.
> >
> >Just for information, I use Win XP and drivers that came with the
printer.

> >Mary

> >black

> >should

> >same

> >use
> >like

> Mary
> Be very careful. This man is deliberately trying to mislead you. The
printer
> will indicate ink out even if it has never been connected to a computer.
Any
> driver, Japanese or otherwise, cannot possibly overide the printer; that
is
> simply not possible. This is deliberate design by the manufacturer to
prevent
> damage to the printhead if one of the cartridges is dry.
> I think you would be wise to ignore this person, his history in this and
many
> other newsgroups is one of deliberately doing harm. A weasel of a man and
> unfortunately clever enough to mislead 0.0001% of the people who read his
posts.
> I wish you a happy and fulfilled year and lots of great prints.

Tony, don't worry. I know him from the times I've been around here before.
He's got nothing better to do. I know his reputation. I don't always
download this group, but sometimes I check here. I would like a printer
which would let me print back only like the original OP, as I use black more
than color, but I sometimes print photos so want color as well,
but besides possible damage to the printhead, I think manufacturers want you
to buy lots of ink carts where they make their profit. I always hoped they
would make printers which cost more to buy but have cartridges much cheaper
than now. A lot of people buy new printers rather than pay for cartridges
for old printer, but when you think of it, if you do that, you are back to
the same position once the new printer is out of ink. Also, its very bad for
environment to throw so many printers. I ordered compatible cartridges from
Abacus which Lou from this group told me about a while back. They seem to be
OK for now. I've been thinking about those 4 in 1 printers, but wouldn't a
multifunction printer take even more ink cartridges for printing,
photocopying, faxing,scanning than a regular printer. I wouldn't use a fax
or copy much anyway, and I have a scanner, but those multifunction printers
have come down a lot in price. Its just a thought.

Mary

0
Mary
1/1/2009 5:55:09 PM
"Arthur Entlich" <e-printerhelp@mvps.org> wrote in message
> The Canon printer you mentioned uses semi-permanent heads and it can
> indeed be damaged by running the printer with no ink running through one
> or more colors.
>
> To protect the head from damage, it simply won;t print without all inks
> in place.

Yes, you can't run my printer without all cartridges in place even if you
wanted to. It becomes disabled if not all inks are in place and refuses to
budge.

Mary

> Art
>
> If you are interested in issues surrounding e-waste,
>    I invite you to enter the discussion at my blog:
>
>        http://e-trashtalk.spaces.live.com/
>
> Mary wrote:
> > "Anna L�ck" <anna_lueck@web.de> wrote in message

> >> Good morning,
> >>
> >> I have a "brother DCP -115C" printer.
> >> So far I was happy with it.
> >> Now, I'm getting really upset with it:
> >> Althought the ink cartridge for black is full I cannot
> >> print a simple black and white document.
> >> Its display is showing "Ink Empty Yellow" and "Replace Ink".
> >>
> >> I do not want to buy new yellow ink because I simply
> >> do not use colours. It really annoys me that brother tries
> >> to make me wasting money and ink.
> >>
> >> Does anyone know how to make the printer print WITHOUT
> >> replacing the empty yellow ink cartridge (it is actually
> >> not empty, maybe 1/5 left)?
> >>
> >> Thank you very much,
> >> Anna
> >
> > I've had a Canon IP4000 for two years. It has 3 colours and two black
> > cartridges, and if any of the colours run out, it won't work at all. I
can't
> > print black by itself. I think most newer printers are like that as far
as I
> > know,though there may be some which allow you to print black only. I
find it
> > annoying too, as lots of times I might still want to print black only.
Its a
> > way for the manufacturer to get you to buy cartridges as far as I can se
e. I
> > also have a Canon IP 1500 which has one black and one tri colour
cartridge,
> > and when the tri colour cartridge runs out, you can still print with
black.
> > So sometimes I use it if I have a lot of black to print.  I don't know
about
> > your yellow cartridges having 1/5 left though. My printer gives a
warning
> > first like "ink is low" when you can still print a couple more
printings,
> > then  shows "ink is out" and the printer is disabled..
> >
> > Mary

0
Mary
1/1/2009 5:57:45 PM
On Thu, 01 Jan 2009 02:30:56 -0600, Tony wrote:

> "Mary" <nospam@invalid.swl> wrote:
>>"measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message

>>print

>>time.
>>not
>>won't
>>>

>>> That is because you do not ask the right questions.
>>>
>>> An Example:
>>>
>>> What operating system are you using?
>>>
>>> What driver are you using?
>>>
>>> These are just two questions.
>>
>>In my case, are you saying that if I used a particular operating system
>>and/or a particular driver, I could get my printer to print black text only
>>even if one of my colors say the status detector says I have to replace
>>yellow cartridge as it is out of ink. Not just low on ink but out of ink.
>>
>>Just for information, I use Win XP and drivers that came with the printer.
>>
>>Mary

>>black

>>should

>>same

>>use
>>like

> Mary
> Be very careful. This man is deliberately trying to mislead you. The printer
> will indicate ink out even if it has never been connected to a computer. Any
> driver, Japanese or otherwise, cannot possibly overide the printer; that is
> simply not possible. This is deliberate design by the manufacturer to prevent
> damage to the printhead if one of the cartridges is dry.
> I think you would be wise to ignore this person, his history in this and many
> other newsgroups is one of deliberately doing harm. A weasel of a man and
> unfortunately clever enough to mislead 0.0001% of the people who read his posts.
> I wish you a happy and fulfilled year and lots of great prints.
> Tony
> Tony
> MS MVP Printing Image

All I can say is that I ran out of yellow.  The tank was empty and bone
dry.  I still was able to print.  Fortunately I did notice it as I check
the tanks on a schedule and change the yellow tank.  I am still printing
and did not burn the head.

I do not know about other models that have chips.
0
measekite
1/1/2009 8:08:52 PM
On Thu, 01 Jan 2009 12:55:09 -0500, Mary wrote:

> "Tony" <tonythebengaltiger@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> "Mary" <nospam@invalid.swl> wrote:
>> >"measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message

> black
> all.
>> >print
> sure

>> >time.
> is
>> >not
> printer
>> >won't

>> >In my case, are you saying that if I used a particular operating system
>> >and/or a particular driver, I could get my printer to print black text
> only
>> >even if one of my colors say the status detector says I have to replace
>> >yellow cartridge as it is out of ink. Not just low on ink but out of ink.
>> >
>> >Just for information, I use Win XP and drivers that came with the
> printer.
>> >
>> >Mary

>> >black
> has

>> >should

> one

>> >same

>> >use
> yellow
> first
>> >like
> then

>> Mary
>> Be very careful. This man is deliberately trying to mislead you. The
> printer
>> will indicate ink out even if it has never been connected to a computer.
> Any
>> driver, Japanese or otherwise, cannot possibly overide the printer; that
> is
>> simply not possible. This is deliberate design by the manufacturer to
> prevent
>> damage to the printhead if one of the cartridges is dry.
>> I think you would be wise to ignore this person, his history in this and
> many
>> other newsgroups is one of deliberately doing harm. A weasel of a man and
>> unfortunately clever enough to mislead 0.0001% of the people who read his
> posts.
>> I wish you a happy and fulfilled year and lots of great prints.
>
> Tony, don't worry. I know him from the times I've been around here before.
> He's got nothing better to do. I know his reputation. I don't always
> download this group, but sometimes I check here. I would like a printer
> which would let me print back only like the original OP, as I use black
> mo

Now that is a no brainer.  There are a host of BW laser printers.  No you
will have to give up printing white since the Black and White lasers only
print black but you only want to print black anyhoo.

re than color, but I sometimes print photos so
want color as well, but
> besides possible damage to the printhead, I think manufacturers want you
> to buy lots of ink carts where they make their profit. I always hoped

Now that statement is very bright since the standard format printers are
cheap and the ink is expensive and the mfg are still in business.

The wide format printers are not cheap.

> they
would make printers which cost more to buy but have cartridges much
> cheaper than now. A lot of people buy new printers rather than pay for
> cartridges for old printer, but when you think of it, if you do that,
> you are back to the same position once the new printer is out of ink.
> Also, its very bad for environment to throw so many printers. I ordered
> compatible cartridges from Abacus which Lou from this group told me
> about a while back. They seem to be OK for now. I've been thinking about
> those 4 in 1 printers, but wouldn't a multifunction printer take even
> more ink cartridges for printing, photocopying, faxing,scanning than a
> regular printer. I wouldn't use a fax or copy much anyway, and I have a
> scanner, but those multifunction printers have come down a lot in price.
> Its just a thought.
>
> Mary
0
measekite
1/1/2009 8:12:25 PM

> The status detector is part of the driver.  The driver tells the
> printer what to do.  I have to watch by ink supply since I am using a
> Japanese driver that does not support an ink detector under Linux and
> my IP4000 will print even thought a color is out.  That could burn the
> printhead if I was not careful.

If you're not using a Canon driver then it's no longer a Canon printer!

A pox on you for not using Canon OEM recommended and included products!!!

(you teach me well, Measekite....)

-Taliesyn

0
Taliesyn
1/1/2009 9:57:07 PM
Taliesyn <taliesyn@invalidmail.net> was inspired to say
>measekite <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in
>

>> The status detector is part of the driver.  The driver tells the
>> printer what to do.  I have to watch by ink supply since I am using a
>> Japanese driver that does not support an ink detector under Linux and
>> my IP4000 will print even thought a color is out.  That could burn the
>> printhead if I was not careful.
>>

>If you're not using a Canon driver then it's no longer a Canon printer!

And, of course, it won't be covered by the warranty.

>A pox on you for not using Canon OEM recommended and included products!!!

Ah, so it's "do as I say, don't do as I do!" from M, is it?

Mike

--
Michael J Davis
<Please note that the Reply-To: address will remain in use for at least 30
On Thu, 01 Jan 2009 21:57:07 +0000, Taliesyn wrote:

> measekite <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in
>

>> The status detector is part of the driver.  The driver tells the
>> printer what to do.  I have to watch by ink supply since I am using a
>> Japanese driver that does not support an ink detector under Linux and
>> my IP4000 will print even thought a color is out.  That could burn the
>> printhead if I was not careful.
>>

> If you're not using a Canon driver then it's no longer a Canon printer!
>
> A pox on you for not using Canon OEM recommended and included products!!!
>
> (you teach me well, Measekite....)
>
> -Taliesyn

Apparently they never taught you to reason and understand in high school.
I am using a drive developed by Canon but not Canonusa
0
measekite
1/2/2009 4:40:08 PM
Hi all,
There is a way to print with Brother Deskjets with just a filled black
cartridge. See 'Trick your Brother inkjet into working when an ink
cartridge runs dry | Gibberish Is My Native Language'
(http://tinyurl.com/5kuhjn) for more details. Mind you, I do not
recommend this. It might be a fix when you have to print something
urgently and color cartridges are empty.

Grtz,
sando

0
sando35
1/21/2009 4:37:10 PM
easiest fix ever , _put_electrical_tape_over_the_cartridge_sensor_, it
will trick the printer to believe it's a new cartridge, i get over
100-200 more pages before the color actually runs out. Proceed with care
thou as it may damage your printer if you try to print without ink, as
soon as you see that the colors are fading on your print , stop printing
and buy a **** cartridge. I've used this only with Brother printers and
never had any problems but it might be worth a try on other printers as
well.

Hope this helps:)

0
codrutmail2001
3/25/2009 8:49:19 PM
Sando's way should work. I also did it for my Brother DCP-540CN.

It is the same trick I referred from 'this page'
(http://tinyurl.com/5kuhjn).

One point to note is it seems that only *black color *tape can trick
the printer.

Before I applied the 'fix' , the printer complained about empty color
cartridges (There are three separate color cartridges , namely, yellow ,
cyan and magenta.) after I printed like 20 black and white documents in
a few months.

This strategy to force the users to pay $ to Brother is quite
disgusting.

0
gdpdpg
6/7/2009 7:45:12 AM
"gdpdpg" <gdpdpg.3tewee@no.email.invalid> wrote in message

> Sando's way should work. I also did it for my Brother DCP-540CN.
> . . .
> Before I applied the 'fix' , the printer complained about empty color
> cartridges (There are three separate color cartridges , namely, yellow ,
> cyan and magenta.) after I printed like 20 black and white documents in
> a few months.

Brother inkjet printers execute cleaning routines automatically
(apparently about once a week.)  This is supposed to keep inkjet
nozzles unclogged and ready for use.  You might disable automatic
cleaning by tinkering with or disabling the date setting in the printer's
memory:  I have not attempted this.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

0
Don
6/8/2009 3:06:02 PM
If the the printer is left plugged in the automatic cleaning gradually
empties all the cartridges,so either put a switch in the line or fill
the empty cartridge with anything coloured (preferrably ink)from a
syringe , My local 99cent store
was selling refill kits with all colours 25ml each, supposed to be for
LEXmark which worked just fine for my Brother printer ,If you leave the
printer unplugged for more than a week or so, you nhave to run the
cleaning cycle befor e printing, you CAN do the cleaning  just for
black, but the when yuo wnt to use colour prblems may occur after an
extended period .

0
peter
12/1/2010 10:06:57 PM
Unplug the power cord, then plug back in WHILE holding 'menu' key, to
get into maintenance mode. Type 76. Then type 4. Press the black start
button.  Sit back and wait ... it may take a while.  This cleans the
black printer head.  Good luck to you.

0
castout

Printer Ink

FS: CANON (GENUINE, NEW/not used)

Brother Printer MFC-495CW after market ink cartridges
I am using AAAToner.com LC61 after market cartridges (China) for this printer and so far with success. Has anyone used these in particular with any problems or successes? Does anyone have experiences or recommendations with other after market LC61 cartridges with this printer? Any problems? Any success? Interesting the Staples Stationary charges about $13 for one OEM cartridge and AAAToner charges $2.30 each ($19.80 for a pack of 10). Dave "Dave C." <cardarelli@c4.net> wrote in message news:535b3536-b355-4788-b0c8-ae89652c6847@i31g2000yqm.googlegroups.com......

Brother Printer Ink Cartridge Nearly Empty --- After Only 2 Weeks!!!
I have a Gateway computer with the following: 1) a 1400-MHz Pentium 4 processor, 2) 256 MB of RAM, and 3) 40 GB of hard-drive space. The computer is running Windows Millennium Edition (ME). Two and a half weeks ago, I bought a Brother MFC-240C printer. This is a multifunction device: printer, copier, fax, and scanner. ---------- When I installed the ink cartridges, the machine cleaned the ink tube system. Then I pressed "Color Start" to test the four colors corresponding to the cartridges (black, yellow, cyan, and magenta). The machine printed out the Print Quality...

Online store for Printer Ink Cartridge,Laser Toner,Solid Ink,Refill Kits,Ribbon Cartridge
Abcink.com (http://www.abcink.com/) is a online store for Printer Ink Cartridge,Laser Toner,Solid Ink,Refill Kits,Ribbon Cartridge,printer paper and other printer supplies. Our ink and toner cartridge include canon ink, epson ink, hp ink, lexmark ink, dell ink, brother ink, okidata ink, sharp ink, xerox ink. canon toner, hp toner, lexmark toner, apple toner, dell toner, samsung toner, toshiba toner, ricoh toner, etc. Welcome to Abcink.com In addition to the fact that you are spamming, the prices I saw on the web site are nothing to write home about. I also noticed that the ref...

Canon Pixma printers: ink cartridges, print-head cleaners
I've just bought a Canon Pixma iP3000 printer and would like advice ink cartidges and print-head care. Considering costs for genuine Canon cartridges vs. generic it seems to me that the latter would be more cost effective - providing they don't ruin the printheads. And what about the print-head cleaning cartridges I've seen advertised. Do they work? If so, occasional use of these cleaning cartridges might make up for whatever risks using generic cartridges might entail. Or so I have been figuring. I'd appreciate advice from someone who has had experience with thes...

Queue of printer cycles, but printer does not print
Hi, we have two printers in our network, both connected to a different computer. When installed, they worked well, but now and then they refuse to print and they show a strange bahaviour. When looking in the Queue (Spooler), the print jobs are cycling. So, the first becomes the last while the second becomes the first, thirt becomes second, etc When we restart the computer, the printer starts printing, just befor shutdown. We Run XP-pro. Any ideas????? Thanks, Ben By the way, it is an old panasonic matrix printer (used for labels) and a HP officejet HP 1170c, bot...

How can I reset the ink cartridge/ink level so the printer............
Hello, I own a HP PSC 1610 All-in-One Printer-Scanner-Copier which uses HP94 & HP95. I'm using generic brand cartridges and knew how to reset the cartridges, but I can't find the web sight that had pictures. In short, after the process, the printer's ink level checker will show full. All I remember is some tape, taped over one of the connections on the cartridge, but that's all I can remember. Please help. TIA. Billy Smitty wrote: > Hello, I own a HP PSC 1610 All-in-One Printer-Scanner-Copier which uses HP94 > & HP95. I'm using generic brand...

How can I reset the ink cartridge/ink level so the printer............
Hello, I own a HP PSC 1610 All-in-One Printer-Scanner-Copier which uses HP94 & HP95. I'm using generic brand cartridges and knew how to reset the cartridges, but I can't find the web sight that had pictures. In short, after the process, the printer's ink level checker will show full. All I remember is some tape, taped over one of the connections on the cartridge, but that's all I can remember. Please help. TIA. On Apr 16, 4:00=A0pm, billy smith <billy.sm...@Yenc.com> wrote: > Hello, I own a HP PSC 1610 All-in-One Printer-Scanner-Copier which > uses HP94 &g...

Printer ink cartridges
Hi there, I was looking around the NSW Uni Computer Fair the other day for a couple of new printer cartridges for my HP 3325 printer. The best price I could find for the replacements (1 black + 1 tri-colour) was $85. Wow! I only paid $70 for this printer in the first place. So I shopped around a bit more and found a newer model HP printer, with the same cartridges included for only $55! What tha... I can save $30 by buying the complete printer (including cartridges), compared to buying the cartridges on their own! So my question is this... Are the HP cartridges that come with a new...

I am told that if you take a piece of paper that you printed on, put it back in the printer, and print on it again, that this will hurt the printer. Is this true?
I am told that if you take a piece of paper that you printed on, put it back in the printer, and print on it again, that this will hurt the printer. Is this true? "Enda80" <fasb80@gmail.com> wrote in message news:a1ec1b40-d0e7-4824-aa7d-c968a5a6a654@z66g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... >I am told that if you take a piece of paper that you printed on, put > it back in the printer, and print on it again, that this will hurt > the > printer. Is this true? I did it once and the printer was so hurt it bawled like a baby for 15 minutes! "Enda80&qu...

ATTAC "On the Fly printing" printing to default printer regardless of printer choice in dialog box.
Our application has used this PrintersClass module for some time without a problem but some new Toughbooks have caused problems. We use laser printers, usually the default choice, and some label printers. The label printers use the Seagull Scientific print drivers. The new notebooks will not print to the selected label printers even though the default printer for the report comes up in the dialog box as the selected printer. Even if you redundantly select this label printer again, before selecting print, you get the label printed to the user profile's default printer instead of the selecte...

IE - Print to Default Printer
Hello, I have an .asp page that needs to print multiple, seperate text documents to 1 printer. That one printer could be any printer based on the user. I aldready have the hDC (Device Context) of their desired printer on a previous page. I simply want to do the Window.print or some other method to print these documents without having the Print Dialog box display forceing the user to select the same printer over and over again. This can be in either JavaScript or VBScript for all I care. Heck, even .Net if need-be. I just really need help. TIA, Kevin ...

Web resources about - brother printer - full ink cartridge but does not print - comp.periphs.printers

Cartridge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

TI-99/4A Pitfall cartridge demo - YouTube
Retrocloud's adaptation of the classic Pitfall game - for the TI-99/4A. Filip has remade the classic game, and it works in a 32K EPROM! (Sorry ...

Customers misled by 'remanufactured' printer cartridges
Customers misled by 'remanufactured' printer cartridges

Atari's E.T. The Extraterrestrial cartridges found in landfill
A documentary film production company has found buried in a New Mexico landfill hundreds of the Atari E.T. The Extraterrestrial game cartridges ...

Diggers find hundreds of Atari 'E.T.' and other game cartridges in New Mexico landfill - CTV News
A documentary film production company has found buried in a New Mexico landfill hundreds of the Atari "E.T." game cartridges that some call the ...

Dollar Shave Club Claims to Top Schick As No. 2 Razor Cartridge
Dollar Shave Club claims it passed Schick to become the No. 2 razor cartridge brand by volume in July, a little more than three years after the ...

Rocker Releases Album on Nintendo Gaming Cartridges
Rocker Jon Black, who performs as Fort Atlantic, decided to offer his latest album on original Nintendo cartridges. As the music industry's brick-and-mortar ...

“Empty” Epson ink cartridges are still 20 percent full
The high-end Epson 9900 printer, which retails for around £3,000 ($5,000), reports that ink cartridges are empty even when they are still about ...

This is why our brains lied to us about blowing into Nintendo cartridges
Before they were the basis of hip soaps or remade as even hipper clocks, Nintendo’s cartridge games were a source of delight and vexation for ...