Brother Printer Ink Cartridge Nearly Empty --- After Only 2 Weeks!!!

I have a Gateway computer with the following: 1) a 1400-MHz Pentium 4
processor, 2) 256 MB of RAM, and 3) 40 GB of hard-drive space.

The computer is running Windows Millennium Edition (ME).

Two and a half weeks ago, I bought a Brother MFC-240C printer. This is
a multifunction device: printer, copier, fax, and scanner.

----------

When I installed the ink cartridges, the machine cleaned the ink tube
system. Then I pressed "Color Start" to test the four colors
corresponding to the cartridges (black, yellow, cyan, and magenta).

The machine printed out the Print Quality Check Sheet. This sheet
showed a square pattern in each color. If all small lines were clear
and visible, I had to press 1 for Yes, and the quality check would be
done. If there were missing small lines, I had to press 2 for No, and
the colors would be cleaned. Then the Check Sheet would be printed
again.

When the Check Sheet was printed the first time, there were no missing
lines, but (in my opinion) some lines were not clear, especially the
yellow lines. So, I pressed 2 for No, and the colors were cleaned, and
the Check Sheet was printed out again. The colors were cleaned four
times before I was satisfied that the small lines were clear and
visible.

After the color test, the rest of the installation was done.

----------

In my regular usage, the first thing I printed out was an HTML page (2
sheets). Since the HTML page was in color, the printed pages were in
color as well. After that, during the next 2 weeks or so, I printed
out or copied about 20 - 25 pages in black and white. Today, I printed
out 4 pages in black and white, and then the printer showed the
following message: "Near Empty Yellow", meaning that the Yellow ink
cartridge was nearly empty.

Now, I will admit that I keep the printer unplugged (from the AC power
supply and from the wall phone jack) if I am not using the printer. I
plug in the printer ONLY if I have to print and/or copy something.
However, the printer is ALWAYS connected to the computer via USB
cable.

Also, sometimes when I printed something, the machine cleaned the
print head before the printing occurred. Page 99 of the user's guide
states the following: "To ensure good print quality, the machine will
regularly clean the print head." The user's guide then explains that,
in addition to the automatic cleaning of the print head, the user can
clean the print head manually (by pressing some buttons). The user's
guide then states the following: "Cleaning the print head consumes
ink. Cleaning too often uses ink unnecessarily."

----------

So, here are my questions:

1) How can the yellow cartridge be nearly empty after only 2.5 weeks?
The colors were cleaned 4 times during the color test, and the print
head was cleaned a few times, but I have printed only 2 color pages.

2) If cleaning the print head consumes ink and if the machine cleans
the print head whenever the machine wants to, then how can I stop the
machine from cleaning itself too much? Is this some scam on the part
of Brother to get me to buy more ink cartridges? Can Brother be sued
for this? Do printers from other brands also clean their print heads
whenever they want to?

3) Do I have a defective printer? Should I get a refund? I bought this
particular printer (Brother MFC-240C) because it was the only printer
a) that was compatible with Windows ME, b) that was relatively
lightweight, and c) that was relatively cheap. So, should I try to
find a different printer? Unfortunately, upgrading my computer to
Windows XP would be too much trouble.

----------

Thanks for any information.

0
midwest_46

I have an Epson combined Printer/Scanner and when bought new I was warned
that the cartridges installed would be used for the initial loading of
colour and black and the cartridges would not last as long as  new
cartridges and I was advised to buy a new set at the same time as buying the
Printer/Scanner
It may be similar in the case of Brother
There was also a warning that carrying out cleaning too often will use a
disproportionate  amount of ink.
Hope this helps
Blair

<midwest_46@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> [...]
> The colors were cleaned 4 times during the color test, and the print
> head was cleaned a few times, but I have printed only 2 color pages.
>
> 2) If cleaning the print head consumes ink and if the machine cleans
> the print head whenever the machine wants to, then how can I stop the
> machine from cleaning itself too much? Is this some scam on the part
> of Brother to get me to buy more ink cartridges? Can Brother be sued
> for this? Do printers from other brands also clean their print heads
> whenever they want to?
>
> 3) Do I have a defective printer? Should I get a refund? I bought this
> particular printer (Brother MFC-240C) because it was the only printer
> a) that was compatible with Windows ME, b) that was relatively
> lightweight, and c) that was relatively cheap. So, should I try to
> find a different printer? Unfortunately, upgrading my computer to

0
bm
6/23/2008 7:27:41 AM
New print heads have to be primed and flushed and it is this wha
possibly wasted the ink, you will probably find from now on that th
tanks will last a bit longer, it's the same on many inkjets, some brand
using more ink than others.

dav

0
davy
6/23/2008 8:53:29 AM
First - realize the printer companies are selling INK at an exorbitant
price, that's the business model.

Second - new printers often have a less than full ink load in the
cartridges.

Third - cleaning consumes ink.

Fourth - for black and white/text output etc. consider getting a laser,
magnitude less cost involved with consumables.

Fifth - inkjets tend to be "use it or loss it" regarding ink, e.g. unused
and ink dries forcing cleaning

Sixth - buy the cheapest inkjet and when ink runs out buy another over
buying just the ink

> [...]
> The colors were cleaned 4 times during the color test, and the print
> head was cleaned a few times, but I have printed only 2 color pages.
>
> 2) If cleaning the print head consumes ink and if the machine cleans
> the print head whenever the machine wants to, then how can I stop the
> machine from cleaning itself too much? Is this some scam on the part
> of Brother to get me to buy more ink cartridges? Can Brother be sued
> for this? Do printers from other brands also clean their print heads
> whenever they want to?
>
> 3) Do I have a defective printer? Should I get a refund? I bought this
> particular printer (Brother MFC-240C) because it was the only printer
> a) that was compatible with Windows ME, b) that was relatively
> lightweight, and c) that was relatively cheap. So, should I try to
> find a different printer? Unfortunately, upgrading my computer to

0
pjp
6/23/2008 10:36:43 AM
On Jun 23, 1:18 am, midwest...@yahoo.com wrote:
> I have a Gateway computer with the following: 1) a 1400-MHz Pentium 4
> processor, 2) 256 MB of RAM, and 3) 40 GB of hard-drive space.
>
> The computer is running Windows Millennium Edition (ME).
>
> Two and a half weeks ago, I bought a Brother MFC-240C printer. This is
> a multifunction device: printer, copier, fax, and scanner.
>
> ----------

What were you using for a printer before this?
Old printers are available from thrift shops, garage sales, the
Salvation Army, and church rummage sales.
You could buy the XP upgrade for $87 or so. It should run fine on your
system and be easy to install.
0
Al

------=_NextPart_000_00F6_01C8D50B.1C348660

new printers come with a "STARTER" cartridge.
meant to last for just a few pages.
that way the manufacturer can soak you $ for a new FULL cartridge.

mikeyhsd@sprintpcs.com

[...]

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>new printers come with a "STARTER"=20
cartridge.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>meant to last for just a few =
pages.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>that way the manufacturer can soak you =
$ for a new=20
FULL cartridge.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P><FONT color=3D#ff0000>
<MARQUEE scrollAmount=3D2 scrollDelay=3D9 behavior=3Dalternate =
width=3D"35%"=20
bgColor=3D#ffff00 height=3D22><A=20
href=3D"mailto:mikeyhsd@sprintpcs.com">mikeyhsd@sprintpcs.com</A></MARQUE=
E></FONT></P>
<P>&nbsp;</P></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>&lt;<A =
href=3D"mailto:midwest_46@yahoo.com">midwest_46@yahoo.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:ce99764b-172e-4d95-8cad-f59ddc2fdfcb@r66g2000hsg.googlegroup=
s.com">news:ce99764b-172e-4d95-8cad-f59ddc2fdfcb@r66g2000hsg.googlegroups=
..com</A>...</DIV>I=20
  have a Gateway computer with the following: 1) a 1400-MHz Pentium=20
  4<BR>processor, 2) 256 MB of RAM, and 3) 40 GB of hard-drive =
space.<BR><BR>The=20
  computer is running Windows Millennium Edition (ME).<BR><BR>Two and a =
half=20
  weeks ago, I bought a Brother MFC-240C printer. This is<BR>a =
multifunction=20
  device: printer, copier, fax, and =
scanner.<BR><BR>----------<BR><BR>When I=20
  installed the ink cartridges, the machine cleaned the ink =
tube<BR>system. Then=20
  I pressed "Color Start" to test the four colors<BR>corresponding to =
the=20
  cartridges (black, yellow, cyan, and magenta).<BR><BR>The machine =
printed out=20
  the Print Quality Check Sheet. This sheet<BR>showed a square pattern =
in each=20
  color. If all small lines were clear<BR>and visible, I had to press 1 =
for Yes,=20
  and the quality check would be<BR>done. If there were missing small =
lines, I=20
  had to press 2 for No, and<BR>the colors would be cleaned. Then the =
Check=20
  Sheet would be printed<BR>again.<BR><BR>When the Check Sheet was =
printed the=20
  first time, there were no missing<BR>lines, but (in my opinion) some =
lines=20
  were not clear, especially the<BR>yellow lines. So, I pressed 2 for =
No, and=20
  the colors were cleaned, and<BR>the Check Sheet was printed out again. =
The=20
  colors were cleaned four<BR>times before I was satisfied that the =
small lines=20
  were clear and<BR>visible.<BR><BR>After the color test, the rest of =
the=20
  installation was done.<BR><BR>----------<BR><BR>In my regular usage, =
the first=20
  thing I printed out was an HTML page (2<BR>sheets). Since the HTML =
page was in=20
  color, the printed pages were in<BR>color as well. After that, during =
the next=20
  2 weeks or so, I printed<BR>out or copied about 20 - 25 pages in black =
and=20
  white. Today, I printed<BR>out 4 pages in black and white, and then =
the=20
  printer showed the<BR>following message: "Near Empty Yellow", meaning =
that the=20
  Yellow ink<BR>cartridge was nearly empty.<BR><BR>Now, I will admit =
that I keep=20
  the printer unplugged (from the AC power<BR>supply and from the wall =
phone=20
  jack) if I am not using the printer. I<BR>plug in the printer ONLY if =
I have=20
  to print and/or copy something.<BR>However, the printer is ALWAYS =
connected to=20
  the computer via USB<BR>cable.<BR><BR>Also, sometimes when I printed=20
  something, the machine cleaned the<BR>print head before the printing =
occurred.=20
  Page 99 of the user's guide<BR>states the following: "To ensure good =
print=20
  quality, the machine will<BR>regularly clean the print head." The =
user's guide=20
  then explains that,<BR>in addition to the automatic cleaning of the =
print=20
  head, the user can<BR>clean the print head manually (by pressing some=20
  buttons). The user's<BR>guide then states the following: "Cleaning the =
print=20
  head consumes<BR>ink. Cleaning too often uses ink=20
  unnecessarily."<BR><BR>----------<BR><BR>So, here are my =
questions:<BR><BR>1)=20
  How can the yellow cartridge be nearly empty after only 2.5 =
weeks?<BR>The=20
  colors were cleaned 4 times during the color test, and the =
print<BR>head was=20
  cleaned a few times, but I have printed only 2 color pages.<BR><BR>2) =
If=20
  cleaning the print head consumes ink and if the machine cleans<BR>the =
print=20
  head whenever the machine wants to, then how can I stop the<BR>machine =
from=20
  cleaning itself too much? Is this some scam on the part<BR>of Brother =
to get=20
  me to buy more ink cartridges? Can Brother be sued<BR>for this? Do =
printers=20
  from other brands also clean their print heads<BR>whenever they want=20
  to?<BR><BR>3) Do I have a defective printer? Should I get a refund? I =
bought=20
  this<BR>particular printer (Brother MFC-240C) because it was the only=20
  printer<BR>a) that was compatible with Windows ME, b) that was=20
  relatively<BR>lightweight, and c) that was relatively cheap. So, =
should I try=20
  to<BR>find a different printer? Unfortunately, upgrading my computer=20
  to<BR>Windows XP would be too much =
trouble.<BR><BR>----------<BR><BR>Thanks=20
  for any information.<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00F6_01C8D50B.1C348660--

0
mikeyhsd
6/23/2008 1:28:27 PM
The answer to that is never buy another Brother printer. I know because I
have an MFC-5100c at home and another at my small business office. Both have
the same problem with ink cartridges. I've learned I have to use the "ink"
button every few days or the problem starts happening again.

In other words, Brothers is JUNK.

Frank

> [...]
> The colors were cleaned 4 times during the color test, and the print
> head was cleaned a few times, but I have printed only 2 color pages.
>
> 2) If cleaning the print head consumes ink and if the machine cleans
> the print head whenever the machine wants to, then how can I stop the
> machine from cleaning itself too much? Is this some scam on the part
> of Brother to get me to buy more ink cartridges? Can Brother be sued
> for this? Do printers from other brands also clean their print heads
> whenever they want to?
>
> 3) Do I have a defective printer? Should I get a refund? I bought this
> particular printer (Brother MFC-240C) because it was the only printer
> a) that was compatible with Windows ME, b) that was relatively
> lightweight, and c) that was relatively cheap. So, should I try to
> find a different printer? Unfortunately, upgrading my computer to

0
FrankV
6/23/2008 2:41:33 PM
What in the world does this have to do with Windows Update, WinXP OS, and/or
WinXP Set-up and Deployment?

midwest_46@yahoo.com wrote:
> [...]
> The colors were cleaned 4 times during the color test, and the print
> head was cleaned a few times, but I have printed only 2 color pages.
>
> 2) If cleaning the print head consumes ink and if the machine cleans
> the print head whenever the machine wants to, then how can I stop the
> machine from cleaning itself too much? Is this some scam on the part
> of Brother to get me to buy more ink cartridges? Can Brother be sued
> for this? Do printers from other brands also clean their print heads
> whenever they want to?
>
> 3) Do I have a defective printer? Should I get a refund? I bought this
> particular printer (Brother MFC-240C) because it was the only printer
> a) that was compatible with Windows ME, b) that was relatively
> lightweight, and c) that was relatively cheap. So, should I try to
> find a different printer? Unfortunately, upgrading my computer to

0
PA
6/23/2008 3:07:00 PM
I would upgrade the OS to at least W2k if the hardware allows.

Since a set of ink costs almost as much as a printer I would trash the
Brother and buy a Canon on sale.  You problems with the system you have
will never cease.

midwest_46@yahoo.com wrote:
> I have a Gateway computer with the following: 1) a 1400-MHz Pentium 4
> processor, 2) 256 MB of RAM, and 3) 40 GB of hard-drive space.
>
> The computer is running Windows Millennium Edition (ME).

A horrible OS
> Two and a half weeks ago, I bought a Brother MFC-240C printer. This is
> a multifunction device: printer, copier, fax, and scanner.

Not the greatest MFP
> [...]
> The colors were cleaned 4 times during the color test, and the print
> head was cleaned a few times, but I have printed only 2 color pages.
>
> 2) If cleaning the print head consumes ink and if the machine cleans
> the print head whenever the machine wants to, then how can I stop the
> machine from cleaning itself too much? Is this some scam on the part
> of Brother to get me to buy more ink cartridges? Can Brother be sued
> for this? Do printers from other brands also clean their print heads
> whenever they want to?
>
> 3) Do I have a defective printer? Should I get a refund? I bought this
> particular printer (Brother MFC-240C) because it was the only printer
> a) that was compatible with Windows ME, b) that was relatively
> lightweight, and c) that was relatively cheap. So, should I try to
> find a different printer? Unfortunately, upgrading my computer to

0
measekite
<head>
</head>
pjp wrote:
  <pre wrap="">First - realize the printer companies are selling INK at an exorbitant
price, that's the business model.

Second - new printers often have a less than full ink load in the
cartridges.
  </pre>
Not Canon<br>
  <pre wrap="">
Third - cleaning consumes ink.
  </pre>
Never cleaned my Canon IP4000 in 4 years<br>
  <pre wrap="">
Fourth - for black and white/text output etc. consider getting a laser,
magnitude less cost involved with consumables.
  </pre>
True<br>
  <pre wrap="">
Fifth - inkjets tend to be "use it or loss it" regarding ink, e.g. unused
and ink dries forcing cleaning
  </pre>
Not the case with my Canon IP4000<br>
  <pre wrap="">
Sixth - buy the cheapest inkjet and when ink runs out buy another over
buying just the ink
  </pre>
Poor advice.&nbsp; Buy the best standard format printer and use OEM ink at
Costco.&nbsp; The better printer usually will print photos better and faster
than the cheapest.<br>
  <pre wrap="">
<a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:midwest_46@yahoo.com">&lt;midwest_46@yahoo.com&gt;</a> wrote in message
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="news:ce99764b-172e-4d95-8cad-f59ddc2fdfcb@r66g2000hsg.googlegroups.com">news:ce99764b-172e-4d95-8cad-f59ddc2fdfcb@r66g2000hsg.googlegroups.com</a>...
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">I have a Gateway computer with the following: 1) a 1400-MHz Pentium 4
[...]

mikeyhsd wrote:
cartridge.</font></div>
you $ for a new FULL cartridge.</font></div>
  <marquee scrollamount="2" scrolldelay="9" behavior="alternate"
 width="35%" bgcolor="#ffff00" height="22"><a moz-do-not-send="true"
 href="mailto:mikeyhsd@sprintpcs.com">mikeyhsd@sprintpcs.com</a></marquee>
 style="border-left: 2px solid rgb(0, 0, 0); padding-right: 0px; padding-left: 5px; margin-left: 5px; margin-right: 0px;">
 href="mailto:midwest_46@yahoo.com">midwest_46@yahoo.com</a>&gt; wrote
in message <a moz-do-not-send="true"
 href="news:ce99764b-172e-4d95-8cad-f59ddc2fdfcb@r66g2000hsg.googlegroups.com">news:ce99764b-172e-4d95-8cad-f59ddc2fdfcb@r66g2000hsg.googlegroups.com</a>...</div>
I have a Gateway computer with the following: 1) a 1400-MHz Pentium 4<br>
processor, 2) 256 MB of RAM, and 3) 40 GB of hard-drive space.<br>
The computer is running Windows Millennium Edition (ME).<br>
Two and a half weeks ago, I bought a Brother MFC-240C printer. This is<br>
a multifunction device: printer, copier, fax, and scanner.<br>
----------<br>
When I installed the ink cartridges, the machine cleaned the ink tube<br>
system. Then I pressed "Color Start" to test the four colors<br>
corresponding to the cartridges (black, yellow, cyan, and magenta).<br>
The machine printed out the Print Quality Check Sheet. This sheet<br>
showed a square pattern in each color. If all small lines were clear<br>
and visible, I had to press 1 for Yes, and the quality check would be<br>
done. If there were missing small lines, I had to press 2 for No, and<br>
the colors would be cleaned. Then the Check Sheet would be printed<br>
again.<br>
When the Check Sheet was printed the first time, there were no missing<br>
lines, but (in my opinion) some lines were not clear, especially the<br>
yellow lines. So, I pressed 2 for No, and the colors were cleaned, and<br>
the Check Sheet was printed out again. The colors were cleaned four<br>
times before I was satisfied that the small lines were clear and<br>
visible.<br>
After the color test, the rest of the installation was done.<br>
----------<br>
In my regular usage, the first thing I printed out was an HTML page (2<br>
sheets). Since the HTML page was in color, the printed pages were in<br>
color as well. After that, during the next 2 weeks or so, I printed<br>
out or copied about 20 - 25 pages in black and white. Today, I printed<br>
out 4 pages in black and white, and then the printer showed the<br>
following message: "Near Empty Yellow", meaning that the Yellow ink<br>
cartridge was nearly empty.<br>
Now, I will admit that I keep the printer unplugged (from the AC power<br>
supply and from the wall phone jack) if I am not using the printer. I<br>
plug in the printer ONLY if I have to print and/or copy something.<br>
However, the printer is ALWAYS connected to the computer via USB<br>
cable.<br>
Also, sometimes when I printed something, the machine cleaned the<br>
print head before the printing occurred. Page 99 of the user's guide<br>
states the following: "To ensure good print quality, the machine will<br>
regularly clean the print head." The user's guide then explains that,<br>
in addition to the automatic cleaning of the print head, the user can<br>
clean the print head manually (by pressing some buttons). The user's<br>
guide then states the following: "Cleaning the print head consumes<br>
ink. Cleaning too often uses ink unnecessarily."<br>
----------<br>
So, here are my questions:<br>
1) How can the yellow cartridge be nearly empty after only 2.5 weeks?<br>
The colors were cleaned 4 times during the color test, and the print<br>
head was cleaned a few times, but I have printed only 2 color pages.<br>
2) If cleaning the print head consumes ink and if the machine cleans<br>
the print head whenever the machine wants to, then how can I stop the<br>
machine from cleaning itself too much? Is this some scam on the part<br>
of Brother to get me to buy more ink cartridges? Can Brother be sued<br>
for this? Do printers from other brands also clean their print heads<br>
whenever they want to?<br>
3) Do I have a defective printer? Should I get a refund? I bought this<br>
particular printer (Brother MFC-240C) because it was the only printer<br>
a) that was compatible with Windows ME, b) that was relatively<br>
lightweight, and c) that was relatively cheap. So, should I try to<br>
find a different printer? Unfortunately, upgrading my computer to<br>
Windows XP would be too much trouble.<br>
----------<br>
Thanks for any information.<br>
0
measekite
6/23/2008 3:39:31 PM
measekite wrote:

> [...]
>>> The colors were cleaned 4 times during the color test, and the print
>>> head was cleaned a few times, but I have printed only 2 color pages.
>>>
>>> 2) If cleaning the print head consumes ink and if the machine cleans
>>> the print head whenever the machine wants to, then how can I stop the
>>> machine from cleaning itself too much? Is this some scam on the part
>>> of Brother to get me to buy more ink cartridges? Can Brother be sued
>>> for this? Do printers from other brands also clean their print heads
>>> whenever they want to?
>>>
>>> 3) Do I have a defective printer? Should I get a refund? I bought this
>>> particular printer (Brother MFC-240C) because it was the only printer
>>> a) that was compatible with Windows ME, b) that was relatively
>>> lightweight, and c) that was relatively cheap. So, should I try to
>>> find a different printer? Unfortunately, upgrading my computer to

I have a canon IP4000 and love it.   Doesn't use ink that much and you
can buy 3rd party cartridges for about $4 per rather than the typical
$12 at Costco.
0
Big_Al
6/23/2008 3:48:43 PM
meashershithead, the oem ink drinking idiot moron loser wrote:

Aren't you the same fruitcake loser who was changing everyone's post who
disagreed with you over at the printer ng? That was you wasn't it, remember?
We all complained to your ISP and you eventually stopped doing it!

Also are you the stupid idiot piece of shit who capitalized each and
every word in ever post over at the printer ng until we all complained
once again to your ISP?
Remember?

Also are you not the dumb fukkin son of a bitch piece of shit who
continues to post in HTML even thought everyone in all of the ng's
you're in has complained about it and told you to stop doing it?
Remember

Are you not the asshole who did all of that? You were weren't you!

Would you like your ISP to get so many abuse complaints about you once
again that they think they're getting DDOS, huh?

Are you really as dense and as stupid and ignorant and as fukkin dumb as
you seem to be?
Are you?
You are aren't you!

And aren't you a declared austrian fascist, an atheist and a bigot?
You did proclaim to be all of those didn't you.

Take my advice meashershithead, get fukkin lost you idiot moron piece of
shit loser!
Frank

want to know more about this asshole loser?
Go here:

http://groups.google.com/groups/profile?hl=en&enc_user=yvREpBIAAADEx8x8Ar5cT9MycNaTjCAv8rhlH0Pnl47z4AZhN98BFg
0
Frank
6/23/2008 3:56:41 PM
[...]

6/23/2008 3:56:53 PM
[...]

6/23/2008 3:57:10 PM

Big_Al wrote:
> measekite wrote:
>>

>> pjp wrote:
>>> First - realize the printer companies are selling INK at an exorbitant
>>> price, that's the business model.
>>>
>>> Second - new printers often have a less than full ink load in the
>>> cartridges.
>>>
>> Not Canon
>>> Third - cleaning consumes ink.
>>>
>> Never cleaned my Canon IP4000 in 4 years
>>> Fourth - for black and white/text output etc. consider getting a laser,
>>> magnitude less cost involved with consumables.
>>>
>> True
>>> Fifth - inkjets tend to be "use it or loss it" regarding ink, e.g.
>>> unused
>>> and ink dries forcing cleaning
>>>
>> Not the case with my Canon IP4000
>>> Sixth - buy the cheapest inkjet and when ink runs out buy another over
>>> buying just the ink
>>>
>> Poor advice.  Buy the best standard format printer and use OEM ink at
>> Costco.  The better printer usually will print photos better and
>> faster than the cheapest.
>>> <midwest_46@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> I have a canon IP4000 and love it.   Doesn't use ink that much and you
> can buy 3rd party cartridges for about $4 per rather than the typical
> $12 at Costco.
Poor advice.  You get poorer quality results, increased risk of fading,
never know what you are buying cause the vendor will not tell you,
increased risk of printhead failure, and more.
0
measekite
6/23/2008 6:39:27 PM
measekite wrote:

> Big_Al wrote:
>> measekite wrote:

>>> Not Canon
>>>>
>>> Never cleaned my Canon IP4000 in 4 years
>>>>
>>> True
>>>>
>>> Not the case with my Canon IP4000
>>>>
>>> Poor advice.  Buy the best standard format printer and use OEM ink at
>>> Costco.  The better printer usually will print photos better and
>>> faster than the cheapest.

>> I have a canon IP4000 and love it.   Doesn't use ink that much and you
>> can buy 3rd party cartridges for about $4 per rather than the typical
>> $12 at Costco.
> Poor advice.  You get poorer quality results, increased risk of fading,
> never know what you are buying cause the vendor will not tell you,
> increased risk of printhead failure, and more.
Been working for years, guess I got the right vendor.
Granted I send my photos to Walmart to print and rarely print photos at
home.  For color text printing the ink works fine.   Even prints CD's
fine too.
0
Big_Al
6/23/2008 6:44:14 PM
>> The computer is running Windows Millennium Edition (ME).

Or XP in general.  He is running ME.

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP/DTS&XP)

Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

SupportSpace
www.supportspace.com/pages?aiu=kellyskorner

> [...]
>> The colors were cleaned 4 times during the color test, and the print
>> head was cleaned a few times, but I have printed only 2 color pages.
>>
>> 2) If cleaning the print head consumes ink and if the machine cleans
>> the print head whenever the machine wants to, then how can I stop the
>> machine from cleaning itself too much? Is this some scam on the part
>> of Brother to get me to buy more ink cartridges? Can Brother be sued
>> for this? Do printers from other brands also clean their print heads
>> whenever they want to?
>>
>> 3) Do I have a defective printer? Should I get a refund? I bought this
>> particular printer (Brother MFC-240C) because it was the only printer
>> a) that was compatible with Windows ME, b) that was relatively
>> lightweight, and c) that was relatively cheap. So, should I try to
>> find a different printer? Unfortunately, upgrading my computer to

0
Kelly
6/23/2008 8:20:51 PM
midwest_46@yahoo.com wrote:
> I have a Gateway computer with the following: 1) a 1400-MHz Pentium 4
> processor, 2) 256 MB of RAM, and 3) 40 GB of hard-drive space.
>
> The computer is running Windows Millennium Edition (ME).
>
> Two and a half weeks ago, I bought a Brother MFC-240C printer. This is
> a multifunction device: printer, copier, fax, and scanner.

Ah, the old Gillette business model: give away the razor and sell the
blades.

You can refill the cartridges and/or get a cartridge chip resetter.

0
HeyBub
6/23/2008 11:51:05 PM
I was answering questions 1) and 2).

> [...]
>> The colors were cleaned 4 times during the color test, and the print
>> head was cleaned a few times, but I have printed only 2 color pages.
>>
>> 2) If cleaning the print head consumes ink and if the machine cleans
>> the print head whenever the machine wants to, then how can I stop the
>> machine from cleaning itself too much? Is this some scam on the part
>> of Brother to get me to buy more ink cartridges? Can Brother be sued
>> for this? Do printers from other brands also clean their print heads
>> whenever they want to?
>>
>> 3) Do I have a defective printer? Should I get a refund? I bought this
>> particular printer (Brother MFC-240C) because it was the only printer
>> a) that was compatible with Windows ME, b) that was relatively
>> lightweight, and c) that was relatively cheap. So, should I try to
>> find a different printer? Unfortunately, upgrading my computer to

0
FrankV
6/24/2008 12:15:06 AM
On Jun 23, 10:34=EF=BF=BDam, measekite <inkysti...@oem.com> wrote:
> I would upgrade the OS to at least W2k if the hardware allows.

In a previous thread, I asked whether I should upgrade to Win XP or to
another Win OS. It was determined that my hardware (RAM, hard-drive
space) was insufficient and that upgrading the hardware would be too
much trouble.

> Since a set of ink costs almost as much as a printer I would trash the
> Brother and buy a Canon on sale. =EF=BF=BDYou problems with the system yo=
u have
> will never cease.

Which problems with the system I have will never cease? Are you saying
that Brother ink cartridges will always be used up quickly?

Some of the other posters have said that only the ink cartridges that
come with the printer are low. So, if I buy new cartridges, these
cartridges should last a long time. Correct?

Also, do I have to buy all 4 Brother cartridges at once? Or can I buy
only the yellow, since that cartridge is the one that is almost empty?

0
midwest_46
6/24/2008 6:27:42 AM
On Jun 23, 1:44=EF=BF=BDpm, Big_Al <Bi...@md.com> wrote:

> Been working for years, guess I got the right vendor.
> Granted I send my photos to Walmart to print and rarely print photos at
> home. =EF=BF=BDFor color text printing the ink works fine. =EF=BF=BD Even=
 prints CD's
> fine too.

Why would I buy a printer that could print photos, and then send the
photos to Wal-Mart for printing?

0
midwest_46
6/24/2008 6:30:47 AM
On Jun 23, 9:41=EF=BF=BDam, "FrankV" <Fra...@noaddress.com> wrote:
> The answer to that is never buy another Brother printer. I know because I
> have an MFC-5100c at home and another at my small business office. Both h=
ave
> the same problem with ink cartridges. I've learned I have to use the "ink=
"
> button every few days or the problem starts happening again.
>
> In other words, Brothers is JUNK.

How does using the "Ink" button help? And what problem does this
button solve?

0
midwest_46
6/24/2008 6:34:10 AM
On Jun 23, 10:34?am, measekite <inkysti...@oem.com> wrote:
> I would upgrade the OS to at least W2k if the hardware allows.

In a previous thread, I asked whether I should upgrade to Win XP or to
another Win OS. It was determined that my hardware (RAM, hard-drive
space) was insufficient and that upgrading the hardware would be too
much trouble.

> Since a set of ink costs almost as much as a printer I would trash the
> Brother and buy a Canon on sale. ?You problems with the system you have
> will never cease.

Which problems with the system I have will never cease? Are you saying
that Brother ink cartridges will always be used up quickly?

Some of the other posters have said that only the ink cartridges that
come with the printer are low. So, if I buy new cartridges, these
cartridges should last a long time. Correct?

Also, do I have to buy all 4 Brother cartridges at once? Or can I buy
only the yellow, since that cartridge is the one that is almost empty?

Correct. The new ones will last longer
You can buy the colour cartridges seperately
Blair

0
bm
6/24/2008 6:59:21 AM
> [...]
> The colors were cleaned 4 times during the color test, and the print
> head was cleaned a few times, but I have printed only 2 color pages.
>
> 2) If cleaning the print head consumes ink and if the machine cleans
> the print head whenever the machine wants to, then how can I stop the
> machine from cleaning itself too much? Is this some scam on the part
> of Brother to get me to buy more ink cartridges? Can Brother be sued
> for this? Do printers from other brands also clean their print heads
> whenever they want to?
>
> 3) Do I have a defective printer? Should I get a refund? I bought this
> particular printer (Brother MFC-240C) because it was the only printer
> a) that was compatible with Windows ME, b) that was relatively
> lightweight, and c) that was relatively cheap. So, should I try to
> find a different printer? Unfortunately, upgrading my computer to

You should be aware that the ink cartridges supplied with the most printers
contain a very minimal amount of ink.  This is because the printer is sold
with virtually no profit.  All the money is made selling the ink cartridges
which are vastly over priced for what the are.  The minimal ink filling of
the supplied cartridges gets you buying the full price cartridges as soon as
possible.

Many printer buyers have found that a set of replacement cartridges can
actually cost more than the printer did, partiularly at the budget end of
the market.

The problem is areas of the paper using color become fuzzy.  I have no idea
what the "ink" button does other than the printer then works good for
another few days. It's like taking the cartridge(s) out and shaking them a
few times. New cartridges do exactly the same thing. The office printer has
been used for a few years and may need some type of cleaning but the home
computer is only a few months old with minimum usage. They both act the same
way.

Frank

On Jun 23, 9:41?am, "FrankV" <Fra...@noaddress.com> wrote:
> The answer to that is never buy another Brother printer. I know because I
> have an MFC-5100c at home and another at my small business office. Both
> have
> the same problem with ink cartridges. I've learned I have to use the "ink"
> button every few days or the problem starts happening again.
>
> In other words, Brothers is JUNK.

How does using the "Ink" button help? And what problem does this
button solve?

0
FrankV
6/24/2008 12:47:56 PM
On Jun 23, 11:27 pm, midwest...@yahoo.com wrote:
> On Jun 23, 10:34=EF=BF=BDam, measekite <inkysti...@oem.com> wrote:
>
> > I would upgrade the OS to at least W2k if the hardware allows.
>
> In a previous thread, I asked whether I should upgrade to Win XP or to
> another Win OS. It was determined that my hardware (RAM, hard-drive
> space) was insufficient and that upgrading the hardware would be too
> much trouble.
>
> > Since a set of ink costs almost as much as a printer I would trash the
> > Brother and buy a Canon on sale. =EF=BF=BDYou problems with the system y=
ou have
> > will never cease.
>
> Which problems with the system I have will never cease? Are you saying
> that Brother ink cartridges will always be used up quickly?
>
> Some of the other posters have said that only the ink cartridges that
> come with the printer are low. So, if I buy new cartridges, these
> cartridges should last a long time. Correct?
>
> Also, do I have to buy all 4 Brother cartridges at once? Or can I buy
> only the yellow, since that cartridge is the one that is almost empty?

I bought a Brother MFC 665CW multi-function wireless and it is true
that they, like many other printer manufacturers, provide STARTER
cartridges.
I don't do a large volume of printing but I was amazed that I got a
year out of the starter cartridges. Makes me wonder if your's is just
a lemon.
You will need to buy the whole set of four replacement cartridges if
you have run out of just one color per the low ink warning on the one
color. If you don't, then you will just have to make extra trips to
your office supplies store.
I have found my model to be very reliable and trouble free and I love
everything wireless.
I use it with a Dell Inspiron E-1505 laptop, 80 GB HD and 1 GB RAM and
XP Home Edition. I have a Linksys WRT54G Wireless-G Router.
0
apistomaster
6/24/2008 2:30:05 PM
midwest_46@yahoo.com wrote:

> Why would I buy a printer that could print photos, and then send the
> photos to Wal-Mart for printing?

At the rate you're using ink, Wal-Mart might be cheaper...

Bill
0
Bill
6/24/2008 6:18:47 PM

Big_Al wrote:
> measekite wrote:
>>

>> Big_Al wrote:

>>> I have a canon IP4000 and love it.   Doesn't use ink that much and
>>> you can buy 3rd party cartridges for about $4 per rather than the
>>> typical $12 at Costco.
>> Poor advice.  You get poorer quality results, increased risk of
>> fading, never know what you are buying cause the vendor will not tell
>> you, increased risk of printhead failure, and more.
> Been working for years, guess I got the right vendor.
> Granted I send my photos to Walmart to print and rarely print photos
> at home.  For color text printing the ink works fine.   Even prints
> CD's fine too.
If you had a Canon and used OEM ink you could print them at home with
your choice of high grade paper.
0
measekite
<head>
</head>
HeyBub wrote:
  <pre wrap=""><a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:midwest_46@yahoo.com">midwest_46@yahoo.com</a> wrote:
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">I have a Gateway computer with the following: 1) a 1400-MHz Pentium 4
processor, 2) 256 MB of RAM, and 3) 40 GB of hard-drive space.

The computer is running Windows Millennium Edition (ME).

Two and a half weeks ago, I bought a Brother MFC-240C printer. This is
a multifunction device: printer, copier, fax, and scanner.

    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
Ah, the old Gillette business model: give away the razor and sell the
blades.

You can refill the cartridges and/or get a cartridge chip resetter.
  </pre>
unless you want quality and your printer warranty.<br>
  <pre wrap="">

  </pre>
0
measekite
<head>
</head>
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:midwest_46@yahoo.com">midwest_46@yahoo.com</a> wrote:
 cite="mid:86130b22-a8bc-4744-9ff1-7d0c22057a15@26g2000hsk.googlegroups.com"
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">On Jun 23, 10:34&iuml;&iquest;&frac12;am, measekite <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:inkysti...@oem.com">&lt;inkysti...@oem.com&gt;</a> wrote:
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">I would upgrade the OS to at least W2k if the hardware allows.

    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
In a previous thread, I asked whether I should upgrade to Win XP or to
another Win OS. It was determined that my hardware (RAM, hard-drive
space) was insufficient and that upgrading the hardware would be too
much trouble.
  </pre>
If your hardware cannot run at least XP then you should replace your
computer.&nbsp; Dell has a bunch of them at reduced prices now.<br>
 cite="mid:86130b22-a8bc-4744-9ff1-7d0c22057a15@26g2000hsk.googlegroups.com"
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">Since a set of ink costs almost as much as a printer I would trash the
Brother and buy a Canon on sale. &iuml;&iquest;&frac12;You problems with the system you have
will never cease.

    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
Which problems with the system I have will never cease? Are you saying
that Brother ink cartridges will always be used up quickly?

Some of the other posters have said that only the ink cartridges that
come with the printer are low. So, if I buy new cartridges, these
cartridges should last a long time. Correct?

Also, do I have to buy all 4 Brother cartridges at once? Or can I buy
only the yellow, since that cartridge is the one that is almost empty?
  </pre>
What does the manual say?<br>
0
measekite
<head>
</head>
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:midwest_46@yahoo.com">midwest_46@yahoo.com</a> wrote:
 cite="mid:66308d56-b047-488d-8482-4ac8233052be@f63g2000hsf.googlegroups.com"
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">On Jun 23, 1:44&iuml;&iquest;&frac12;pm, Big_Al <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:Bi...@md.com">&lt;Bi...@md.com&gt;</a> wrote:

  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">Been working for years, guess I got the right vendor.
Granted I send my photos to Walmart to print and rarely print photos at
home. &iuml;&iquest;&frac12;For color text printing the ink works fine. &iuml;&iquest;&frac12; Even prints CD's
fine too.
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
Why would I buy a printer that could print photos, and then send the
photos to Wal-Mart for printing?
  </pre>
Stop sending them to walmart unless all you take are snapshots and in
that case it does not make a difference.<br>

M.I.5&frac34; wrote:
[...]

  <pre wrap=""><!---->You should be aware that the ink cartridges supplied with the most printers
contain a very minimal amount of ink. </pre>
except Canon.<br>
  <pre wrap=""> This is because the printer is sold
with virtually no profit.  All the money is made selling the ink cartridges
which are vastly over priced for what the are.  The minimal ink filling of
the supplied cartridges gets you buying the full price cartridges as soon as
possible.

Many printer buyers have found that a set of replacement cartridges can
actually cost more than the printer did, partiularly at the budget end of
the market.

  </pre>
0
measekite
6/24/2008 7:31:23 PM
On Jun 23, 10:48=A0am, Big_Al <Bi...@md.com> wrote:

> I have a canon IP4000 and love it. =A0 Doesn't use ink that much and you
> can buy 3rd party cartridges for about $4 per rather than the typical
> $12 at Costco.

I went to the Canon website, and I searched for the IP4000.

I found the following links:

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=3DModelInfoAct&fcategoryid=
=3D184&modelid=3D10239

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=3DModelInfoAct&fcategoryid=
=3D184&modelid=3D10438

When you guys talk about the Canon IP4000, do you have these two
printers in mind?

These two printers seem to be photo printers. Do they also print paper
documents? They are, however, compatible with Windows ME.

Furthermore, will these two Canon printers also have starter
cartridges? If yes, then is there any point in getting a refund on the
Brother printer and getting a Canon printer?

0
midwest_46
<head>
</head>
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:midwest_46@yahoo.com">midwest_46@yahoo.com</a> wrote:
 cite="mid:9fa0d469-8489-4ffb-8024-915bfdb51ca3@p25g2000hsf.googlegroups.com"
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">On Jun 23, 10:48&nbsp;am, Big_Al <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:Bi...@md.com">&lt;Bi...@md.com&gt;</a> wrote:

  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">I have a canon IP4000 and love it. &nbsp; Doesn't use ink that much and you

<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&fcategoryid=184&modelid=10239">http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&amp;fcategoryid=184&amp;modelid=10239</a>

<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&fcategoryid=184&modelid=10438">http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&amp;fcategoryid=184&amp;modelid=10438</a>

When you guys talk about the Canon IP4000, do you have these two
printers in mind?

These two printers seem to be photo printers. Do they also print paper
documents? They are, however, compatible with Windows ME.

Furthermore, will these two Canon printers also have starter
cartridges? If yes, then is there any point in getting a refund on the
Brother printer and getting a Canon printer?
  </pre>
They only use starter carts for those in the midwest who have inferior
printers...Oh Brother<br>
0
measekite

Printer Ink

Ink cartridges
Ink cartridges - for various printers: Hewlett-Packard Black Ink Cartridge, Part #514645A Brand new, unopened, unused, for use in these printers:H.P Deskjet 710, 712, 720, 722, 820, 830, 832, 850, 855, 870, 880, 882, 885, 887, 890, 895, 930, 932, 935, 950, 952, 960, 970, 990, 1000, 1120, 1220, 1600.Also for us in H.P. Designjets: Model 700, 750, 750C, 755CM. Also for us in H.P. Color Copiers, Model: 110, 120, 140, 145, 150, 155, 160, 170, 180, 190, 210, 21olx, 260, 270, 280, 290. Also fo use in H.P Officejets: Model r40, r60, r80, f45, f65, g55, g85, g95, k60, k80, 1150c, 1170c, 1...

Ink cartridges
Ink cartridges - for various printers: Hewlett-Packard Black Ink Cartridge, Part #514645A Brand new, unopened, unused, for use in these printers:H.P Deskjet 710, 712, 720, 722, 820, 830, 832, 850, 855, 870, 880, 882, 885, 887, 890, 895, 930, 932, 935, 950, 952, 960, 970, 990, 1000, 1120, 1220, 1600.Also for us in H.P. Designjets: Model 700, 750, 750C, 755CM. Also for us in H.P. Color Copiers, Model: 110, 120, 140, 145, 150, 155, 160, 170, 180, 190, 210, 21olx, 260, 270, 280, 290. Also fo use in H.P Officejets: Model r40, r60, r80, f45, f65, g55, g85, g95, k60, k80, 1150c, 1170c, 1...

brother printer
Good morning, I have a "brother DCP -115C" printer. So far I was happy with it. Now, I'm getting really upset with it: Althought the ink cartridge for black is full I cannot print a simple black and white document. Its display is showing "Ink Empty Yellow" and "Replace Ink". I do not want to buy new yellow ink because I simply do not use colours. It really annoys me that brother tries to make me wasting money and ink. Does anyone know how to make the printer print WITHOUT replacing the empty yellow ink cartridge (it is actually not empty, may...

Refillable Ink Cartridge for Epson Printer #2
MassInk Refillable Ink Cartridge for Epson Printer How to control the flow of ink without foam? Refillable Ink Cartridge. Big Savings on Inkjet Printing Costs! High Quality Ink! Fast Delivery! The regular cartridge have smog cases, our refillable cartridge have see through window. So you will never have to figure out how much ink you filled.Our Refillable Cartridge has a totally different structure and meterial used from a regular cartridge! The advantage of our new products is that it can hold large quantity of ink, and the printing will be in a fluent way, no leak as inside the...

Brother Printer MFC-495CW after market ink cartridges
I am using AAAToner.com LC61 after market cartridges (China) for this printer and so far with success. Has anyone used these in particular with any problems or successes? Does anyone have experiences or recommendations with other after market LC61 cartridges with this printer? Any problems? Any success? Interesting the Staples Stationary charges about $13 for one OEM cartridge and AAAToner charges $2.30 each ($19.80 for a pack of 10). Dave "Dave C." <cardarelli@c4.net> wrote in message news:535b3536-b355-4788-b0c8-ae89652c6847@i31g2000yqm.googlegroups.com......

UK Compatible Epson Printer Ink Cartridges
Find high quality, low cost compatible ink cartridges for your Epson printer. We deliver only UK. You will not find any cheaper. Also, buy in bulk. ...

Online store for Printer Ink Cartridge,Laser Toner,Solid Ink,Refill Kits,Ribbon Cartridge
Abcink.com (http://www.abcink.com/) is a online store for Printer Ink Cartridge,Laser Toner,Solid Ink,Refill Kits,Ribbon Cartridge,printer paper and other printer supplies. Our ink and toner cartridge include canon ink, epson ink, hp ink, lexmark ink, dell ink, brother ink, okidata ink, sharp ink, xerox ink. canon toner, hp toner, lexmark toner, apple toner, dell toner, samsung toner, toshiba toner, ricoh toner, etc. Welcome to Abcink.com In addition to the fact that you are spamming, the prices I saw on the web site are nothing to write home about. I also noticed that the ref...

How can I reset the ink cartridge/ink level so the printer............
Hello, I own a HP PSC 1610 All-in-One Printer-Scanner-Copier which uses HP94 & HP95. I'm using generic brand cartridges and knew how to reset the cartridges, but I can't find the web sight that had pictures. In short, after the process, the printer's ink level checker will show full. All I remember is some tape, taped over one of the connections on the cartridge, but that's all I can remember. Please help. TIA. Billy Smitty wrote: > Hello, I own a HP PSC 1610 All-in-One Printer-Scanner-Copier which uses HP94 > & HP95. I'm using generic brand...

How can I reset the ink cartridge/ink level so the printer............
Hello, I own a HP PSC 1610 All-in-One Printer-Scanner-Copier which uses HP94 & HP95. I'm using generic brand cartridges and knew how to reset the cartridges, but I can't find the web sight that had pictures. In short, after the process, the printer's ink level checker will show full. All I remember is some tape, taped over one of the connections on the cartridge, but that's all I can remember. Please help. TIA. On Apr 16, 4:00=A0pm, billy smith <billy.sm...@Yenc.com> wrote: > Hello, I own a HP PSC 1610 All-in-One Printer-Scanner-Copier which > uses HP94 &g...

Printer ink cartridges
Hi there, I was looking around the NSW Uni Computer Fair the other day for a couple of new printer cartridges for my HP 3325 printer. The best price I could find for the replacements (1 black + 1 tri-colour) was $85. Wow! I only paid $70 for this printer in the first place. So I shopped around a bit more and found a newer model HP printer, with the same cartridges included for only $55! What tha... I can save $30 by buying the complete printer (including cartridges), compared to buying the cartridges on their own! So my question is this... Are the HP cartridges that come with a new...

Empty Printer Cartridges
http://www.emptysolution.com I don't know if everyone here knows that there are companies that need empty printer cartridges in order to remanufacture them. Regardless of your opinion of remanufactured cartridges, OEM empties can be worth a lot of money. If you use a large number of cartridges, it could be pretty lucrative for you to recycle them rather than send them back to the OEM for nothing. Check out http://www.emptysolution.com to see how much empties are worth. Epson = 0.00 "James" <info@emptysolution.com> wrote in message news:d331aa47.0411130...

Printer Cartridges #2
I'm eyeing the Canon i470D, i450 and the i850. I noticed why the cartridges are so cheap. The printer heads are not built on the cartridge but in the printer unlike other companies. This is why cartridges are dirt cheap for Canon. Am I wrong or am I way off? Also, pcworld rates the i450 a better printer then the i850 quality wise. Wondering why this is so especially with the price difference. M P wrote: > I'm eyeing the Canon i470D, i450 and the i850. > > I noticed why the cartridges are so cheap. The printer heads are not built > on the cartridg...

Empty Printer Cartridges
http://www.emptysolution.com I don't know if everyone here knows that there are companies that need empty printer cartridges in order to remanufacture them. Regardless of your opinion of remanufactured cartridges, OEM empties can be worth a lot of money. If you use a large number of cartridges, it could be pretty lucrative for you to recycle them rather than send them back to the OEM for nothing. Check out http://www.emptysolution.com to see how much empties are worth. ...

Web resources about - Brother Printer Ink Cartridge Nearly Empty --- After Only 2 Weeks!!! - comp.periphs.printers

Cartridge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

TI-99/4A Pitfall cartridge demo - YouTube
Retrocloud's adaptation of the classic Pitfall game - for the TI-99/4A. Filip has remade the classic game, and it works in a 32K EPROM! (Sorry ...

Customers misled by 'remanufactured' printer cartridges
Customers misled by 'remanufactured' printer cartridges

Atari's E.T. The Extraterrestrial cartridges found in landfill
A documentary film production company has found buried in a New Mexico landfill hundreds of the Atari E.T. The Extraterrestrial game cartridges ...

Diggers find hundreds of Atari 'E.T.' and other game cartridges in New Mexico landfill - CTV News
A documentary film production company has found buried in a New Mexico landfill hundreds of the Atari "E.T." game cartridges that some call the ...

Dollar Shave Club Claims to Top Schick As No. 2 Cartridge - CMO Strategy - Advertising Age
Dollar Shave Club claims it passed Schick to become the No. 2 razor cartridge brand by volume in July, a little more than three years after the ...

Rocker Releases Album on Nintendo Gaming Cartridges
Rocker Jon Black, who performs as Fort Atlantic, decided to offer his latest album on original Nintendo cartridges. As the music industry's brick-and-mortar ...

City of Alamogordo votes to auction off 800 Atari cartridges
Megan Geuss The city of Alamogordo, NM voted late Tuesday night to auction off 800 of the 1,300 Atari cartridges that were dug up during an ...

This is why our brains lied to us about blowing into Nintendo cartridges
Before they were the basis of hip soaps or remade as even hipper clocks, Nintendo’s cartridge games were a source of delight and vexation for ...