Business card printer hardware

I'm looking for a printer which will print on small cards the same
size as business cards.

The cards are pre-printed with a colour design. I just need to print a
small amount of black text on them.

Does anyone know of such a beast??
0
Sprout

You would be much better advised to use A4 (or Letter) size laser cut
Business Card stock in a regular printer. This stock can also be
purchased preprinted with custom designs.

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 15:52:50 +0000, Sprout <rinkydinky@btconnect.com>
wrote:

>I'm looking for a printer which will print on small cards the same
>size as business cards.
>
>The cards are pre-printed with a colour design. I just need to print a
>small amount of black text on them.
>
>Does anyone know of such a beast??

Peter
1/15/2004 9:31:41 AM
On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 15:52:50 +0000, Sprout
<rinkydinky@btconnect.com> wrote:

>I'm looking for a printer which will print on small cards the same
>size as business cards.
There were thousands of them about years ago, but they have
been superceded by litho, lasers and inkjets.
They were called Letterpress printers and they used little
lead letters that you had to arrange in the correct order
........... etc ........etc.

Sorry but it is extremely unlikely that modern computer
printers will print on card that small. Sticking/fixing them
somehow to a larger sheet may work.

Suggest you look for somebody who does Letterpress Printing
( they are about in the UK, try the British Printing
Society) there may even be a newsgroup for letterpress,
or look for a small screen printer

--
Maurice
remove the DOT's for email

Any Business card printers here?
I need some business cards printed. 2 color front (Cyan & Black) no backside. I work at a flexo shop and used to have the guys print them at night on the side. Our presses are not set up in a way that is easy to tear down just to print business cards anymore. Anyway, I can get 1000 online for around 35.99. I'll send the art (Illustrator file converted to paths or pdf whatever you prefer). Someone should me a quote. Uncoated is fine. Just want the cheapest possible. They are for a friends roofing business. Thanks! On 2/7/08 3:21 PM, "Prepress Film" wrote: > I need some ...

Printer Ink

!Printers: How do I open Printer:$ ?

necessary to install printer driver for shared printer on computer that is not attached to printer?
We have two computers, one has XP OS and the other Win 7 OS. We have an HP Office Jet All in One Color printer attached to the XP computer. In order to access the printer from the Win 7 computer, is it necessary to install the HP drivers on the Win 7 computer in addition to the XP computer? best, Aaron From: <aaronep@pacbell.net> > We have two computers, one has XP OS and the other Win 7 OS. We > have an HP Office Jet All in One Color printer attached to the XP > computer. In order to access the printer from the Win 7 computer, is > it necessary to in...

Please recommend a printer and printer type for everyday office use as well as heavy card
Searching reveals this is talked about a lot here. So much discussion is a little confusing so I'd be grateful for some up-to-the-minute advice and recommendations from people who've tried a few printers and are happy with what they now use. Also for a little laser vs inkjet vs anything else instruction. We need to be able to print everyday stuff as well as, frequently, onto heavier card (usually recycled matt finish) at 300 g/sm or heavier. If things go well we'll be printing medium to large quantiies onto card. We use Macintosh computers. My guess is that we should c...

Card Printer
Hi all, I'm looking for a card printer, and have no idea where to start. I was hoping to find a reasonably priced card printer (Business card sized). Your bog standard card printer would do, but the following options, if possible would be desired: Print on both paper and plastic. Print on coloured material (Planning on printing on red sometimes) Potentially print double sided, though I'm sure you can just flip the card and put it back into the printer. Any help would be great! -- *This e-mail may contain confidential material. If you are not an intended recipi...

tPrinter.printers not showing a printer?
A client is using one of my programs on several computers (Win 2000). On one (and only one) of them, when I get the tPrinter.printers list of printers, it shows no printers. The user says that there is a printer installed. If the printer is properly installed in Windows, it must show up in tPrinter.printers, right? --- Replace you know what by j to email ...

Printer drivers for new printers
I have just bought a couple of printers and I am trying to find drivers for them without any success. The printers I have are a Canon S330 and a Canon i950. Both are connected on a windows printer/home control server. For the S330 I have used the S300 printer driver (qimp-print), the print quality is horrible but at least it prints the correct size, as for the i950, I used the BJC-8200 printer driver and it prints at 1/4 of the size it is supposed to. Canon only supports windows and Mac os, at least that is their official response. Is there anywhere I can find printer driv...

printer supplies or new printer
I am running a RiscPC700 (NO strongarm), withComputer Concepts turboprinter feeding a Canon BJC210. I only use it for !HolyBible and !Sibelius6 I need either ink cartidges for the printer, or a new printer that turbo will recognise. Any suggestion? (PS - sorry I use a Windows for internet and everything else.) "Letmesnapu2" <alan.r.archer@btinternet.com> wrote: > I am running a RiscPC700 (NO strongarm), withComputer Concepts turboprinter > feeding a Canon BJC210. > > I only use it for !HolyBible and !Sibelius6 > > I need either ink cartidges for ...

Installed Printers
Hi, We want to make it possible for our Users to link a printer to a document type. Doing that we need to know how we can load the installed printers on the client system and how we can autoselect an printer using JavaScript Thanks in advice Jo Jo Claes wrote: > Hi, > > We want to make it possible for our Users to link a printer to a document > type. > Doing that we need to know how we can load the installed printers on the > client system and how we can autoselect an printer using JavaScript > > Thanks in advice > > Jo Client-side JavaScript does not have...

Printer cards
Can anyone identfy the two cards that ive uploaded photos of to my website. I guess that as they are marked Epson, they are some kind of printer interface cards. http://www.thetaylorfamily.demon.co.uk/apple/ Thanks for looking, Andy On Oct 13, 12:46 pm, "Andy Taylor" <andy...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Can anyone identfy the two cards that ive uploaded photos of to my website. Epson APL and wizard both parallel interface cards, work with printers and plotters. will ?probably? be compatible with grappler driver? Rich <aiiadict@gmail.com> wrote in message news...

Printer trays.....network printers
Still having a problem here... If I define a Xerox printer with two Ldev nos, with data_intray=1 on one ldev, and data_intray = 4 on the other, I can send interleaved spool files to them and it works beautifully. If I remove data_intray = 4, and try to use setup_file=x.hpenv where x contains <Esc>&l4H (PCL for use lower tray), nothing works, it doesnt even rotate to landscape (understand that part). If I embed the esc sequence in the data at start it works, but thats not a viable solution. In fact if I send the tray value anything from 2 to 5, it uses bottom tray. I want t...

Printer addendum for HP printer

Printer vs printer vs ...
I have an old HP. If I load a graphic into Mozilla it will print to the HP. If I load a graphic into PMView it will not print. Why? Jim L -- If you think people are out to get you you're paranoid. If you think people are out to get anybody they can what are you? Sir: inkleputDEL@ETEisp.com wrote: > I have an old HP. If I load a graphic into Mozilla it will print to the > HP. If I load a graphic into PMView it will not print. Why? > PMview has a size limitation. Look in the re-size option to see the largest size to which it will convert a picture. In ...

Phaser printers and LED printers
I have need to purchase, for a small office environment, a printer for color brochures. It needs to handle speeds in the 10-20 pages per minute range and mainly for letter size paper. Target price is $1000-1200. I prefer something other than inkjet printers for this application, and recent color laser printer output I've seen is quite good. There seem to be several models from the major manufacturers available for under a grand, but they seem to cluster around 4 pages per minute in color, which is too slow. We will be printing runs of a few hundred pages at a time, probably...

Duplex printers and CD printers
Is Canon still the only manufacturer who sells printers in the USA that can print on both sides of the paper automatically? Is Epson still the only manufacturer who sells printers in the USA that can print on CDs? Thank you in advance for all replies. -- For some strange reason those of us who are owned by cats ascribe motives to the cat that are more benign than the cat's real motives. For example if the cat gets in the way when we are trying to do something we say it is "helping". Daniel Prince wrote: > Is Canon still the only manufacturer who sells printer...

Printer
The printer I currently have SUCKS for graphics. Can anyone reccomend a good graphics printer? I want to be able to do colour separation, and be able to print it out. I really need a better printer so I can get the most out of my PhotoShop. -- Check us out at missmaryjane.bravepages.com For Cannabis Movies and Seed Feminizing Needs http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/WideFormat/WideFormatDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVC ookie=yes&infoType=Overview&oid=-9866&category=Wide+Format+Printers n8 > The printer I currently have SUCKS for graphics. Can anyone reccomend a good > graphics p...

printer
Printer light is on but not responding. Can't print anything. ----- Posted via NewsOne.Net: Free (anonymous) Usenet News via the Web ----- http://newsone.net/ -- Free reading and anonymous posting to 60,000+ groups NewsOne.Net prohibits users from posting spam. If this or other posts made through NewsOne.Net violate posting guidelines, email abuse@newsone.net ...

Printer
Good day, I have installed Mandrake 9.1, dual booting with Windows 2000. Linux installed on hdb. System: 512K 1.2 Mhz AMD processor CD Drive Two HD. Motherboard : K7S5A Here's what's going on. Linux does not see the printer. I don't know if the parallel is undetected therefore linux would not see the printer. Windows has no problem finding the printer. Any ideas about fixing this problem? Thanks, Ross Ross Himes wrote: First of all : 1).- Which kind of printer are you using ? May it be a winprinter ? 2).- Are all the m...

PRINTER
WANTED- AN ATARI PRINTER (CHEAP) COMPATIBLE WITH AN ATARI 65XE AND AN ATARI 1050 DISK DRIVE. I`M RETIRED AND ON FIXED INCOME , NEED SOMETHING GOOD AND RELIABLE . THANK YOU. REPLY TO- LARRY5@WEBTV.NET ...

Printer
... we had a similar experience with THP of conyers ga. lousy service and careless reproduction. -- Posted via http://dbforums.com ...

Printer
how do i setup a printer in free BSD? "Andrew Doades" <ard@gpdnet.co.uk> writes: > how do i setup a printer in free BSD? The official Handbook has extensive documentation: http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/printing.html There are some ports that can help out a lot: I use both print/apsfilter and print/cups, depending on the environment. Andrew Doades wrote: > how do i setup a printer in free BSD? You have two options. 1. CUPS -- a network print server, which works fine for a stand-alone setup, but is a little complicated. ...

Web resources about - Business card printer hardware - comp.periphs.printers

Business - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Businesses are prevalent in capitalist economies , where most of them are privately owned and provide goods and services to customers for profit. ...

Business BMX DVD premieres Friday
Byron Kutchera and Ian Fleming (my daughter’s longtime boyfriend) are premiering their DVD this Friday. They are having a Facebook event as well. ...

Business Finance News – Business Stock Quotes, Stock Market Today
Business Finance News bringing you ground-breaking stock market quotes and business news related to stock market today.

Business Insider
What You Need To Know

US Business Magazine - Stock Market and Finance News - USA Business Information - Business Review USA ...
x JOIN THE NETWORK Business Leaders Money Matters Technology Apps Cloud Gadget Software Marketing 2.0 Mobile Marketing Social Media Viral Web ...

Business Standard :: Business News,Finance News, World Business, India Stock News, Indian stock market ...
Business Standard, Indias leading business newspaper, provides latest news on stock markets, investing, companies, industry, banking, finance, ...

Fox Business - Business News & Stock Quotes - Saving & Investing
Business news, small business news, business financial news,personal finance, finance trends, finance news, stock market index, stock data, stock ...

Idaho Business Review
The Idaho Business Review is your trusted newspaper for Idaho business news and information. Subscribers enjoy an online database of leads, local ...

Small Business Search Marketing by Matt McGee - SEO Tips & Help for Small Businesses : Small Business ...
SEO and web marketing tips and conversation for the small business owner and webmaster. Matt McGee writes about small business online marketing ...

The Drinks Business
The leading European drinks trade publication; at the forefront of what is happening in the drinks industry, focusing on wine, spirits and beer. ...