Can Canon i860 use both black inks in same print?

Having separate black ink tanks optimized for both text and photos
seems like a great idea, but can the i860 use them both in the same
print?

I have in mind a document with imbedded photos such as a family
newsletter, a tri-fold sales brochure, etc.  Have any of you new i860
owners tried this?

Thanks,
GS
0
gary_b_stuart

Canon printer, can I reduce the amount of black ink being used?
I couldn't find the paper I used to buy for making flyers and brochures. So, I got another paper that is very nice, but isn't quite as compatible with my printer. It is a glossy flyer type paper. It prints fine except for black, which pools since it isn't being absorbed well enough. I managed to solve the problem with photos by reducing the opacity of the photo to 75%. Then it prints fine. What I need to figure out is how to adjust text in a word processor file. I managed to fix today's problem by changing the black text to dark blue. That comes out fine. But I w...

FS: CANON (GENUINE, NEW/not used)

When does Canon I860 use the black pigment inks
I know that the Canon I850 is equipped with black pigmented inks for the purpose of printing fade/water resistant text documents. But when does the printer use this ink?, how does it know when it is printing text. Doesn't the printer just receive a bunch of 1's and 0's at the end of the cable no matter if it's printing a photo or text? Does this printer determine which black cartridge to use based on the Paper Type selection. Perhaps if I select plain paper it will use the pigmented cartridge and if I choose any of the other paper types it will use the dye cartridge. Or perhaps I have to open the printer options and select the gray scale option to force it to use the pigmented ink. What if I chose Photo Paper as the paper type , and then selected gray scale printing. I would think that in this case it would still use the photo black (ie dye) cartridge. Or perhaps the driver looks at the entire print job, and if it only detects black, then it tells the printer to use the pigment cartridge. But what if I have a text document that is all black except for the title being underlined in a thin red line. Will that be enough to trigger the printer into using the dye based black cartridge. I have read the Canon documents and also searched Google, but I can't find the answer to this one. Any help with this would be appreciated. To reply by email, please remove the first "R" in my return address Rick wrote: >I ...

Can I Use Black Ink In a Colour Print Cartridge?
Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question, but can I use a black ink refill in my coulour cartridge? I have an HP deskjet 3520, and only received a colour ink cartridge (even though there is space for a seperate al black cartridge) with the purchase. I have a home ink refilling kit, and would like to use that instead of paying ~$33US for a new cartridge. Thanks for the help. sjmcarter@gmail.com wrote: > Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question, but can I use a black ink > refill in my coulour cartridge? I have an HP deskjet 3520, and only > received a colour ink cartridge (even though there is space for a > seperate al black cartridge) with the purchase. I have a home ink > refilling kit, and would like to use that instead of paying ~$33US for > a new cartridge. Thanks for the help. you must buy one anyway. If you refill color one with black, then you'll get some strange greyish color... also color one doesn't go into black one, since color cart has 3 heads while black one have only one. Try to get some third party cart, comes cheaper and then refill. First, most HP blacks are pigment based, and so they could quickly clog a cartridge designed for dye based inks. Assuming you have a dye based photo black, there still might be some chemical reaction between the color and black inks. But if you got an empty color cartridge, the most you can lose is the cost of the refill. Even if it works (which is ...

How do I print black using only black ink
I'm trying to print high resolution black images on transparency, and wish only to use black ink. I've tried a Cannon S330, and i550. Both force the use of mixed colored inks when black images, except when print media mode is set to "plain paper". Does anyone know of an inkjet than can print high resolutions using only the black ink (just one ink) ? Whats the purpose of mixing colors with black ?, Does it suppose to make black just a that little bit blacker ? Adam Hi In the UK is a company Marruts at Marrut.com. They sell Lyson products that for some printers allow you to change the bank of colours for a bank of blacks. Also HP do a printer that gives first rate blacks at the right money! Staples have them on offer. I cannot remember the number other than it starts with 8........... Cheers On 14/10/05 12:54 am, in article 434ef3bf$0$4749$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au, "Adam S" <no@body.home.com> wrote: > I'm trying to print high resolution black images on transparency, and > wish only to use black ink. I've tried a Cannon S330, and i550. Both > force the use of mixed colored inks when black images, except when print > media mode is set to "plain paper". > > Does anyone know of an inkjet than can print high resolutions using > only the black ink (just one ink) ? > > Whats the purpose of mixing colors with black ?, Does it suppose to make > black jus...

Canon MP780 is using color ink and I only print in black and white
I never print in color. The machine has to have color cartridges even when I am printing in black and white. I replaced the original empty color cartridges with Staple's brand. After about 3 months I started getting a message that one color was getting empty. The other two colors were still showing full. After about month one of the other colors is showing almost empty. I took the cartridges out and looked at them. Yellow still has a noticeable amount of color left but the other two do look empty. I printed a maintenance page and it prints fine, although the color look...

Are there color printers nowadays that only use black when printing black?
The Epson 830 uses both black and colored ink to print make black printouts even if I click on the "black ink only" option. Are all color printers nowadays do this or is it just this one? <chromallly@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1121832510.336459.7380@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > The Epson 830 uses both black and colored ink to print make black > printouts even if I click on the "black ink only" option. Are all > color printers nowadays do this or is it just this one? Although I am not certain that printing in black uses absolutely no color inks, I believe that all of the inkjet printers do cleaning routines that draw ink from all the cartridges (and all compartments of multicolored cartridges). Thus, it appears that printing routinely with black only selected uses considerable amounts of colored ink as well. <chromallly@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1121832510.336459.7380@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > The Epson 830 uses both black and colored ink to print make black > printouts even if I click on the "black ink only" option. Are all > color printers nowadays do this or is it just this one? It may depend on the paper type and print mode selected. For example, most recent DeskJet printers will use colored ink to make black on glossy photo paper, and some may under black text when printing in "Best" mode on plain paper. Most of the recent D...

How to use black ink instead of color, for black print
Do I understand the quoted text below correctly: Does Brother make me change the preference every time I switch from a color to a black&white original, and vice versa, if I want it to use only black ink for black? Do all printer makes work like this? If it can tell which color ink to use, I figured the printer software could tell the original was all black and then use nothing but black ink. Is that too much to ask? http://support.brother.com/g/b/faqend.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=mfcj625dw_all&ftype3=1977&faqid=faq00000038_008 For my all-in-one inkjec...

Can I use Canon 610 inkjet ink in a Canon 3000??
Do you think I can use refill ink for a Canon 610 in a Canon 3000? Black and colors. I have a lot of left over ink from the 610. I don't want to spend the 40 or 50 dollars a new set of ink cartridges will cost. I don't want to buy a whole new printer because then I'll have to decide which is the best one to buy, and that will take me forever and wear me out. Thanks a lot. Meirman -- If emailing, please let me know whether or not you are posting the same letter. Change domain to erols.com, if necessary. "meirman" <meirman@invalid.com> wrote in message news:td8431hfumc3aa8oc30mfqpj1ao9tbam4m@4ax.com... > > Do you think I can use refill ink for a Canon 610 in a Canon 3000? > > Black and colors. > > I have a lot of left over ink from the 610. > > I don't want to spend the 40 or 50 dollars a new set of ink cartridges > will cost. I don't want to buy a whole new printer because then I'll > have to decide which is the best one to buy, and that will take me > forever and wear me out. > Due to the different density (vibrance) of the inks and drop size being applied to the paper, this would not be recommended. You would most likely see a color shift in images and possibly frequent clogging of the pigmented black as formulation has improved on the newer inks to reduce clogging of the smaller nozzles on newer printheads. ...

How does the printer choose which black ink to use when it has pigment and dye based black ??
I just ordered a Canon iP4500, which has two black cartridges, a dye based one and a larger pigment based one, for text. When you print out a page that is mostly text, but has colour on it as well, does it still use the pigment based ink? What about if you print out a colour map from Google Maps, for example? What about a PDF file of a magazine page, which is text, but with a light coloured background (maybe with a pattern)? Would it just use the dye based ink for these types of page, or does it somehow know what is type or not? I could imagine that being easy with a Po...

Printer Ink

Canon printer print only yellow blacK?
my color printer canon s200spx print only yellow and black after I replace my color cartridge. I have do deep cleaning, head alignment, test it with another computer,check the positions, reload the driver. any suggestion? wtbwts typed: > my color printer canon s200spx print only > yellow and black after I replace my color > cartridge. > I have do deep cleaning, head alignment, > test it with another computer,check the > positions, reload the driver. > > any suggestion? Did you buy refilled cartridge? They are sometimes bad. My friend once bought totally dry color cart. In any case, take it back and ask for a replacement, because it's almost certainly cart problem, not printer or system one. you can also check this if you take it out and check each color with a sponge - if sponge on blue and magenta doesn't get wet, it's dry. USed sponge to check, the color cart is not dry, thee is ink inside. > Did you buy refilled cartridge? They are sometimes bad. My friend once > bought totally dry color cart. > In any case, take it back and ask for a replacement, because it's almost > certainly cart problem, not printer or system one. > you can also check this if you take it out and check each color with a > sponge - if sponge on blue and magenta doesn't get wet, it's dry. wtbwts typed: > USed sponge to check, > the color cart is not dry, thee is ink inside. &...

Printing using black ink cartridge only?
I have a HP 920c printer. I noticed that when I try to print using just the black ink cartridge only, that it still uses the color cartridge. Simply taking the color cartridge out doesn't seem to work. I've tried changing the "printing preferences" to use the black ink only but nothing works. I haven't printed anything in color since inserting the brand new color cartridge and yet it's down to 20% ink left. Can anyone tell me what's going on? Is there a way to fix this problem so the printer only uses the black ink cartridge? <littleboyblu87@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1119429911.082239.71130@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I have a HP 920c printer. I noticed that when I try to print using just > the black ink cartridge only, that it still uses the color cartridge. > Simply taking the color cartridge out doesn't seem to work. I've tried > changing the "printing preferences" to use the black ink only but > nothing works. I haven't printed anything in color since inserting the > brand new color cartridge and yet it's down to 20% ink left. > > Can anyone tell me what's going on? Is there a way to fix this problem > so the printer only uses the black ink cartridge? > In the advanced section of printing preferences, change the default to ' print in grayscale'. That should do the trick. Franko. "Franko" <noone@btopenworld...

Using up colour ink when printing black
I am using an Epson R300 and have mainly been printing CDs/DVDs with black text only, but.., i have noticed that the colour inks seem to be going down too. I have been selecting the grayscale option too. Surely it should not be doing this??, any ideas?? Many thanks, "howie" <m.hopkins11REMOVETHIS@btinternet.com> wrote in news:c15joa$k7f$1 @hercules.btinternet.com: > I have been selecting the grayscale option too. > > Surely it should not be doing this??, any ideas?? > Maybe it's mixing color into give you different shades of grey? -- Lucas Tam (REMOVEnntp@rogers.com) Please delete "REMOVE" from the e-mail address when replying. http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/coolspot18/ "howie" <m.hopkins11REMOVETHIS@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:c15joa$k7f$1@hercules.btinternet.com... > I am using an Epson R300 and have mainly been printing CDs/DVDs with black > text only, but.., i have noticed that the colour inks seem to be going down > too. I have been selecting the grayscale option too. > > Surely it should not be doing this??, any ideas?? > > Many thanks, In last months PC-Pro review of some 12 leading printers Epson and others admitted to using underprinting - this is printing black over a base colour. Canon declined to comment. So maybe everything is not quite Black and hite - just like life. Tony> -- Inkylink JetTec UK Quality - Wot oth...

I'm trying to decide between a Canon i860 and a Canon MP360. The MP360 is a printer/scanner/copier while the i860 is a Photo Printer. I've compared the two units closely and can't see many differences, except the i850 uses 4 cartridges instead of the usual 2 and is a bit faster. They both can print borderless photos, can print on photo paper, and print 4800x1200 dpi. Plus they are about the same price on newegg.com. Are there any features that the i860 has that the MP360 doesn't? Otherwise why not get the MP360 and get a scanner too. any info would be appreciated. Canon i860 http://www.usa.canon.com/html/conCprProductDetail.jsp?modelid=9387&item=9442&section=10214 Canon MP360 http://www.usa.canon.com/html/conCprProductDetail.jsp?modelid=9527&item=9632&section=10223 Most people BUY a product based on how THEY will use the product. Maybe the first think you need to do sort out is your own imaging needs. "sydemon" <sydegun@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:49cf01cc.0405051118.15975f6@posting.google.com... : I'm trying to decide between a Canon i860 and a Canon MP360. The : MP360 is a printer/scanner/copier while the i860 is a Photo Printer. : I've compared the two units closely and can't see many differences, : except the i850 uses 4 cartridges instead of the usual 2 and is a bit : faster. They both can print borderless photos, can print on photo : paper, and print 4800x1200 dpi...

Can I use other bluetooth adapter for canon printer.
Hi, I just recieve canon aii in one. I bought it through online with macbook pro for $100 rebate. I know, It is my mistake didn't make sure my printer not built in bluetooth. I try to buy the bluetooth adapter and turns out it's about $75. I'm paying $25 for my printer and paying $75 for adapter is kind of crazy, I found some of other manufactur's bluetooth adapter and it's cheep. so, I wander if i use other adapter can I use wireless way, or only canon adapter will work? anyone tried it? Thank you. ...

inks for Canon I860 Color Inkjet Printer
I have the Canon I860 printer. The original Canon Inks that came with the printer produced excellent color prints. When the cartridges were depleted , I replaced them with generic cartridges from China that cost between $2 & $3. each. The results were TERRIBLE. Not knowing the problem was the ink or the printer, I tossed out all of the generics & inserted genuine Canon brand that cost approx 4 times as much. The results with the Canon were excellent and as good as the original prints made when the printer was first installed. NOW, I am prepared to purchase only Canon inks. However, if there is anyone reading this that does use third party inks for their Canon I860, with results as good as the original Canon inks, please advise! I'd be interested in knowing. All replies welcomed that pertain to use in Canon printers only.! best, Aaron in N. Hollywood Aaron Epstein wrote: > I have the Canon I860 printer. The original Canon Inks that came with > the printer produced excellent color prints. When the cartridges were > depleted , I replaced them with generic cartridges from China that > cost between $2 & $3. each. The > results were TERRIBLE. Not knowing the problem was the ink or the > printer, I tossed out all of the generics & inserted genuine Canon > brand that cost approx 4 times as much. The results with the Canon > were excellent and as good as the original prints made when the > prin...

Best printer that can use OEM ink?
My beloved EPSON Color Stylus won't print yellow any more. It has served me well in the past 10 years. It is time for me to buy a new color printer. My only requirement is that I can refill with OEM ink. I know that many new printers use computer chip to prevent people from doing that. Any suggestion? I think you mean NON-OEM! OEM is Original Equipment Manufacturer.In other words if you have an Epson printer,you use Epson brand cartridges. "Ar Q" <ArthurQ283@hottmail.com> wrote in message news:ptvce.1655$7F4.91@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net... > My beloved EPSON Color Stylus won't print yellow any more. It has served > me > well in the past 10 years. It is time for me to buy a new color printer. > My > only requirement is that I can refill with OEM ink. I know that many new > printers use computer chip to prevent people from doing that. Any > suggestion? > > A bit of confusion - OEM inks are original manufacturer - Epson in your case. Before you give up on your printer send an email to Arthur Entlich at artistic@telus.net and ask him to send you his instructions on cleaning Epson print heads. If you want to spend a few hours and try to fix it you may be able to bring it back to life. I had a similar problem with my Epson printer and Arthur's instructions, and a bit of work restored it to excellent condition. I don't know the sources, but there are good aftermarket ...

Laser printer prints lots of black ink
X-No-Archive: yes I have a 10 year old Brother laser printer. When printing out it prints lots of black ink over the pages and looks a mess - but if you print multiple times it clears up and can look normal. Anyone know whats causing this ? I changed the toner but it still happens. Laser printer and ink can not go together. Besides I knew one M.D.,Ph. D physician that thinks how these things are the same. So he tried to refill a laser toner with some ink. Good luck -- Adriatix http://adriatix.hr/ "127.0.0.1@hotmail.com" <127.0.0.1@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:c70f3u$gu83d$1@ID-9141.news.uni-berlin.de... > X-No-Archive: yes > > > I have a 10 year old Brother laser printer. > > When printing out it prints lots of black ink over the pages and looks a > mess > - but if you print multiple times it clears up and can look normal. > > Anyone know whats causing this ? > > I changed the toner but it still happens. > > ...

Canon i860 2 Black ink question
I'm refilling the ink in my i860 and I was wondering what black ink to use in their 2 black ink system. One tank (3E) is large...I assume this is used for black text and the smaller black (6E) is the photo black? Where do you find 2 different black inks? Most suppliers I have seen only have one black ink not two...will I see good results if I just fill both tanks with the same ink? Thanks for anyone who can answer this question. Doug On Fri, 09 Jan 2004 13:49:48 GMT, DF wrote: >I'm refilling the ink in my i860 and I was wondering what black ink to use >in their 2 black ink system. One tank (3E) is large...I assume this is used >for black text and the smaller black (6E) is the photo black? Where do you >find 2 different black inks? Most suppliers I have seen only have one black >ink not two...will I see good results if I just fill both tanks with the >same ink? Thanks for anyone who can answer this question. Doug > > No, you will get bad results. The large tank (3e) is a pigment based ink for text printing as you assumed. The smaller tank (6e) is a dye based ink for photo printing. The other color inks are also dye based. Pigment ink doesn't mix with dye ink. So you need to find out what type of ink is in the refill kit, dye or pigment. I'm willing to bet it's pigment. Unless it is called "photo black", then it is likely dye based. But make sure first or you will end up wasting i...

i960 Canon printer...what other brands can I use for photos
Just curious because Costco sells other photo paper here but not the canon brand. I think they sell the Kodak and Epson photo paper there. TIA >Just curious because Costco sells other photo paper here but not the canon >brand. >I think they sell the Kodak and Epson photo paper there. I use Epson papers with my i960 with great success. My favorite among the Epson varieties is ColorLife. I am partial to semi gloss or lustre papers. YMMV John On 27 Apr 2004 23:53:40 GMT, jmoorets@aol.com (JMooreTS) wrote: >>Just curious because Costco sells other photo paper here but not the canon >>brand. >>I think they sell the Kodak and Epson photo paper there. > >I use Epson papers with my i960 with great success. My favorite among the >Epson varieties is ColorLife. I am partial to semi gloss or lustre papers. >YMMV > >John > I use Epson from Costco and have very nice results with my i960. I use the highest paper quality setting. John H On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay! The Costco Epson glossy prints great on the 960 using the Canon Photopaper Plus Glossy setting. Thanks guys. With the ink from Atlantic inkjets coming and the paper from Costco, it will really make for low cost photos!!! "bmoag" <aetoo@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Ochkc.57883$%c5.47071@newssvr25.news.prodigy.com... > The Costco Epson glos...

OK to use Canon black ink in HP cartridge?
I've got a Dataproducts black refill kit for my old Canon 200ex printer, and wonder if it's safe to use the ink in the black cartridge of my HP DeskJet 612C. Or, is this a bad idea? ...

Which Canon printers can print on CDs & CDRs?
Can any of the Canon printers print on CDs & CDRs, or do I have to go Epson? I'm not that fond of Epson. Penny Pentangle PennyP <PennyP@crossroad99.net> wrote: >Can any of the Canon printers print on CDs & CDRs, or do I have to go >Epson? I'm not that fond of Epson. Depends on what country you want to purchase the printer in. CDR print is covered by a patent that Canon has chosen not to license in the US for most (all?) of its printers. That said, some Canon printers (like the MP500) can be modified to enable this function, but it requires purchasi...

Web resources about - Can Canon i860 use both black inks in same print? - comp.periphs.printers

Print - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old master print , a product of printmaking, such as an engraving , etching or woodcut , in the European tradition, instead of others (e.g., ...

Print Wikipedia
From Aaaaa! to ZZZap! an exhibition by Michael Mandiberg at Denny Gallery, 261 Broome St. featuring work from the Print Wikipedia series June ...

Old master print - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
An old master print is a work of art produced by a printing process within the Western tradition (European or New World). A date of about 1830 ...

Facebook Users Lean Toward Broadcast Media Over Print
Facebook Users Lean Toward Broadcast Media Over Print

READ, WEEP, PRINT... - Facebook
The Blacksphere hat geschrieben: READ, WEEP, PRINT AND KEEP! This... Tritt Facebook bei, um dich mit The Blacksphere und anderen Nutzern, die ...

Print Facebook Photos at Target Through Kodak Picture Kiosks — But at What Resolution?
Users looking to make physical copies of their Facebook photos can now print them at Kodak Picture Kiosks at Target retail stores. The kiosks ...

Mediaite.com - News & Opinion - Media: TV, Print, Online, Jobs, Ranking
Mediaite is a news and opinion blog and aggregator for the media industry. Coverage includes newspapers, magazines, online, and television. The ...

Broken bone? Soon you will be able to 3D print a new one
US scientists have created a prototype 3D bioprinter capable of creating human-scale, structurally stable tissues in any shape.

Broken bone? Soon you will be able to 3D print a new one
US scientists have created a prototype 3D bioprinter capable of creating human-scale, structurally stable tissues in any shape.

Hywood speaks frankly on the future of print
Fairfax Media chief executive Greg Hywood says it is "honest and realistic" for publishers to consider the financial viability of their printed ...