Can HP27 Cartridges Be Used In Hp21 Printer ?

I have an HP Deskjet which uses HP27 and HP28 ink cartridges.

I am thinking of purchasing a more recent deskjet which is of a similar
design but uses HP21 and HP22 ink.

I read on a website that the only difference between HP21/HP27 and HP22/HP28
is that HP reduced the amount of ink in the latest cartridges and that
physically the cartridges are the same size etc.

Assuming this information is correct would I be able to use my old
cartridges in the newer machine  ?

Mike.

0
Martin

"Martin" <no_spamming_@.com> wrote in message
>I have an HP Deskjet which uses HP27 and HP28 ink cartridges.
>
> I am thinking of purchasing a more recent deskjet which is of a
> similar
> design but uses HP21 and HP22 ink.
>
> I read on a website that the only difference between HP21/HP27 and
> HP22/HP28
> is that HP reduced the amount of ink in the latest cartridges and that
> physically the cartridges are the same size etc.
>
> Assuming this information is correct would I be able to use my old
> cartridges in the newer machine  ?

It depends on the printer, but the answer is generally "no".  Most of
the printers that are designed for the 21/22 will not accept the 27/28.
They are physically similar but are somewhat different electrically.
Check the spec's for the printer you are interested in to see if it will
take the larger 27/28 cartridges.

Regards,
Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging

0
Bob
9/16/2006 5:06:55 AM
Wih HP there is allway one  rule of a tumb. You can use cartriges with a
lover capacity  in printes with higher capacity but not vice versa.

That rule is solid as First God Commandment.

--
Pozdrav

adriatic
http://adriatix.hr/Blog/Index.htm
"Bob Headrick" <bobh@proaxis.com> wrote in message

> "Martin" <no_spamming_@.com> wrote in message
> >I have an HP Deskjet which uses HP27 and HP28 ink cartridges.
> >
> > I am thinking of purchasing a more recent deskjet which is of a
> > similar
> > design but uses HP21 and HP22 ink.
> >
> > I read on a website that the only difference between HP21/HP27 and
> > HP22/HP28
> > is that HP reduced the amount of ink in the latest cartridges and that
> > physically the cartridges are the same size etc.
> >
> > Assuming this information is correct would I be able to use my old
> > cartridges in the newer machine  ?
>
> It depends on the printer, but the answer is generally "no".  Most of
> the printers that are designed for the 21/22 will not accept the 27/28.
> They are physically similar but are somewhat different electrically.
> Check the spec's for the printer you are interested in to see if it will
> take the larger 27/28 cartridges.
>
> Regards,
> Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging

0
Adriatic

Printer Ink

Printer sharing over wireless using Printopia
We are trying to share a printer for use by iPad users. The printer is dire= ctly connected to a Mac running Printopia. Both the Mac and all of the iPad= s are connected to the same WLAN. It's working fine at one location, but no= t at all at another location (iPads cannot see the printer). The location i= t works at has standalone APs (mostly 1131AGs). The site it does not work a= t has lightweight APs (4402 WLC running 6.0.199.4, also with 1131AGs). The = controller has multicast enabled, has multicast mode set to 'multicast', an= d has a multicast address set to 239.21.0....

Can a laser printer cartridge with an expired datecode be safely used?
I bought a laser printer cartridge from the web the other day, and found out that it had a date of manufacture of four years ago. Can this cartridge damage my printer? "Peter Olcott" <NoSpam@SeeScreen.com> wrote in message news:Xrednfw1XuTJNhDUnZ2dnUVZ_tHinZ2d@giganews.com... >I bought a laser printer cartridge from the web the other day, and found >out that it had a date of manufacture of four years ago. Can this cartridge >damage my printer? > No. And if the cartridge was in a sealed bag, it should be good for another 2 - 3 years. I'...

Can You Use those 7-Series Canon Cartridges in Printers Sold in the US?
In Japan, Canon sells the "Pixus" line of inkjets that looks the same on the outside as their American versions. For instance, the Pixus iP3100 looks like the iP3000, while the iP4100 looks like the iP4000. Of course, the 7-series ink is not even available here, but I was just wondering anyway. Are the cartridges interchangeable between the siblings? Thanks. ...

Can a USB port used by a printer be used for a scanner?
I've tried installing a scanner by connecting it to a USB port normally used for a printer. Can I do this? Like, when I want to use the printer or scanner i just connect then to the same port when needed? I would have thought so, but for some reason I can't see the scanner after installing the software In principle, yes, you can do that. However, some devices will only work with root ports (motherboard ports) and won't work on a hub port. And a particular product's drivers might behave in an unconventional way that, for that device, prohibited a mode of operation t...

FS: CANON (GENUINE, NEW/not used)

using the printer object, how do I tell what my default printer is
I want to set the margins on a report to specific settings so I'm thinking this will set the prt object to my default printer Dim prt As Printer Set prt = Application.Printers(0) but it doesn't and application.printers.count correct shows that I have eight possible printers so I could cycle through them if there was a prt property for 'default printer' but I can't find one is there a way to do this ? On Nov 9, 5:19=A0pm, Roger <lesperan...@natpro.com> wrote: > I want to set the margins on a report to specific settings > so I'm thinking this will...

Can I use postscript or PCL to tell the printer which paper bin to use?
I'm looking for an automated way to print out PDF files from a server that will also tell my HP LJ5500 printer which paper bin to use for printing. Is this possible? Any pointer is appreciated. Thanks in advance. pnlam wrote: > I'm looking for an automated way to print out PDF files from a server > that will also tell my HP LJ5500 printer which paper bin to use for > printing. Is this possible? Yes. Open the PPD for the printer in question and search for the keyword "InputSlot". You'll have to insert the specific PS calls, eg. <</ManualFeed fals...

Can Printer Cartridges Die??
I have a 3 yr. old Canon BJC 2100; very basic. I use an all black ink cartridge in it, as well as the one that came with it, the cartridge holder which holds a replaceable black tank, and a color tank, which contains all three colors in one tank. Was going to print a photo. Opened up the printer, exchanged all-black cartridge for the color/black one. Once closed up the printer's sposed to do a head cleaning and then it's all set. Well with that color/black cartridge in there...NOTHING happens. I put the black ...

Can a printer+airport be a "network" printer?
Situation: We have an Airport Extreme, and plugged into it is an HP LaserJet 1300 printer. When we first got it, we had two Mac Powerbooks, and I set up the printer from PB1. With only a bit of twiddling, we got PB2 to use it. So far, so good. But then, one day, it refused to work from PB2. Huh? With a bit more experimenting, we discovered that when we opened the lid of PB1, PB2 could use the printer. When we closed PB1's lid, PB2 lost contact with the printer. Recently, I upgraded a nearby linux box to the latest rev (of knoppix, FWIW). When I started up the CUPS stuff, it discover...

Can't delete printer from Printers Folder
When I open my Start/Settings/Printer folder and select the printer I need to delete, I get a Spool error and the computer freezes. This happens as soon as I click on the printer icon. I have other printers installed that work fine. But any time I change printers in a program like Word and I scroll past the bad printer I get the spool error and have to restart. Thanks, Patrick Les Moore wrote: > When I open my Start/Settings/Printer folder and select the printer I > need to delete, I get a Spool error and the computer freezes. This > happens as soon as I click on the...

Selling used printer cartridges?
Hello. I know Staples will buy back printer cartridges (two bucks for each one), but they require me to apply for an account which I don't want to do. I just want to sell and buy something without registrations, etc. like recyling bottles, cans, etc. in person. Are there are other local companies/stores that will buy them back for money? Thank you in advance. :) -- Quote of the Week: "Where there is sugar, there are bound to be ants." --Malay Proverb /\___/\ Ant @ http://antfarm.home.dhs.org (Personal Web Site) / /\ /\ \ Ant's Qua...

How can I send a print to a different printer than the default printer?
I want to send my print to a different printer than the default printer. The only argument i have is the 'cDevice'. Is it possible to do that ? Regards George Hi George, try this: FUNCTION SetDefaultPrinter(cPrinter AS STRING) AS LOGIC // Set the given printer to be the default printer // cPrinter: name of printer to be made default // returns: whether successful LOCAL hPrinter AS PTR LOCAL pInfo AS _WinPrinter_Info_2 LOCAL size AS DWORD LOCAL done AS LOGIC IF OpenPrinter(String2Psz(cPrinter), @hPrinter, NULL_PTR) GetPrinter(hPrinter, 2, NULL_PTR, 0, @size)...

Web resources about - Can HP27 Cartridges Be Used In Hp21 Printer ? - comp.periphs.printers

Cartridge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

TI-99/4A Pitfall cartridge demo - YouTube
Retrocloud's adaptation of the classic Pitfall game - for the TI-99/4A. Filip has remade the classic game, and it works in a 32K EPROM! (Sorry ...

Customers misled by 'remanufactured' printer cartridges
Customers misled by 'remanufactured' printer cartridges

Atari's E.T. The Extraterrestrial cartridges found in landfill
A documentary film production company has found buried in a New Mexico landfill hundreds of the Atari E.T. The Extraterrestrial game cartridges ...

Diggers find hundreds of Atari 'E.T.' and other game cartridges in New Mexico landfill - CTV News
A documentary film production company has found buried in a New Mexico landfill hundreds of the Atari "E.T." game cartridges that some call the ...

Dollar Shave Club Claims to Top Schick As No. 2 Cartridge - CMO Strategy - Advertising Age
Dollar Shave Club claims it passed Schick to become the No. 2 razor cartridge brand by volume in July, a little more than three years after the ...

Rocker Releases Album on Nintendo Gaming Cartridges
Rocker Jon Black, who performs as Fort Atlantic, decided to offer his latest album on original Nintendo cartridges. As the music industry's brick-and-mortar ...

City of Alamogordo votes to auction off 800 Atari cartridges
Megan Geuss The city of Alamogordo, NM voted late Tuesday night to auction off 800 of the 1,300 Atari cartridges that were dug up during an ...

This is why our brains lied to us about blowing into Nintendo cartridges
Before they were the basis of hip soaps or remade as even hipper clocks, Nintendo’s cartridge games were a source of delight and vexation for ...