Can I use Canon 610 inkjet ink in a Canon 3000??

Do you think I can use refill ink for a Canon 610 in a Canon 3000?

Black and colors.

I have a lot of left over ink from the 610.

I don't want to spend the 40 or 50 dollars a new set of ink cartridges
will cost.  I don't want to buy a whole new printer because then I'll
have to decide which is the best one to buy, and that will take me
forever and wear me out.

Thanks a lot.

Meirman
--
If emailing, please let me know whether
or not you are posting the same letter.

"meirman" <meirman@invalid.com> wrote in message

> Do you think I can use refill ink for a Canon 610 in a Canon 3000?
>
> Black and colors.
>
> I have a lot of left over ink from the 610.
>
> I don't want to spend the 40 or 50 dollars a new set of ink cartridges
> will cost.  I don't want to buy a whole new printer because then I'll
> have to decide which is the best one to buy, and that will take me
> forever and wear me out.

Due to the different density (vibrance) of the inks and drop size being
applied to the paper, this would not be recommended. You would most likely
see a color shift in images and possibly frequent clogging of the pigmented
black as formulation has improved on the newer inks to reduce clogging of
the smaller nozzles on newer printheads.

0
PC

FS: CANON (GENUINE, NEW/not used)

Canon printer, can I reduce the amount of black ink being used?
I couldn't find the paper I used to buy for making flyers and brochures. So, I got another paper that is very nice, but isn't quite as compatible with my printer. It is a glossy flyer type paper. It prints fine except for black, which pools since it isn't being absorbed well enough. I managed to solve the problem with photos by reducing the opacity of the photo to 75%. Then it prints fine. What I need to figure out is how to adjust text in a word processor file. I managed to fix today's problem by changing the black text to dark blue. That comes out fine. But I w...

Question about the waste ink tank in Canon IP5000 (and other Canon printers)
I've read this 'tank' contains ink from the cleaning cycles of the printer, and a cleaning happens automatically every time ink cartridges are replaced. So my question is how many times do I have to replace the cartridges with new ones before an error message appears saying the tank is full? Anyone taken a printer to Canon to have the tank emptied? How much did they charge? The amount of ink consumed in the cleaning cycles when replacing tanks is minimal, but cleaning cycles also occur based upon printer usage, time intervals and when requested by the user. The deep cleaning routines use the most ink. There have been many discussions on this newsgroup and in other forums about the 'waste ink tank is full' messages and how to reset the printer. Taking the printer to a repair facility may end up costing nearly as much as a new printer. The tank isn't a bottle or container as the name implies. It is an absorbent pad. If you don't go overboard with deep cleaning cycles the chances are good that you'll not ever see this message for your printer. -- Ron "Hg" <hg@gh.hg> wrote in message news:42eb7fa8$0$78157$65c69314@mercury.nildram.net... > I've read this 'tank' contains ink from the cleaning cycles of the > printer, > and a cleaning happens automatically every time ink cartridges are > replaced. > So my question is how many times do I have to replace the cartridg...

Most Popular Canon Toner, Canon Ink Cartridges, Canon Ribbons
The Buy Toner Online sells Canon Brands Toners, Ink cartridges and Ribbons. The Buy Toner Online is an ISO 9001&140001 certified online shopping site, which provides 100 percent unconditional guarantee to the products it sells. The Buy Online Toner displays top selling products separately to enable the customer to choose their product easily without confusion. Buy Toner online sales by major Canon products are below: BJ Printers Canon BJ 5 Canon BJ 10 Canon BJ 100 Canon BJ 20 Canon BJ 200 Canon BJ 230 BJC printers Canon BJC 1000 Canon BJC 1010 Canon BJ...

Can I use other bluetooth adapter for canon printer.
Hi, I just recieve canon aii in one. I bought it through online with macbook pro for $100 rebate. I know, It is my mistake didn't make sure my printer not built in bluetooth. I try to buy the bluetooth adapter and turns out it's about $75. I'm paying $25 for my printer and paying $75 for adapter is kind of crazy, I found some of other manufactur's bluetooth adapter and it's cheep. so, I wander if i use other adapter can I use wireless way, or only canon adapter will work? anyone tried it? Thank you. ...

inks for Canon I860 Color Inkjet Printer
I have the Canon I860 printer. The original Canon Inks that came with the printer produced excellent color prints. When the cartridges were depleted , I replaced them with generic cartridges from China that cost between $2 & $3. each. The results were TERRIBLE. Not knowing the problem was the ink or the printer, I tossed out all of the generics & inserted genuine Canon brand that cost approx 4 times as much. The results with the Canon were excellent and as good as the original prints made when the printer was first installed. NOW, I am prepared to purchase only Canon in...

Canon IP8500 Inkjet Printer and Smudy inks
Picked this up last night. Printed off a few stunning shots straight out of the camera / Photoshop and even found myself awake at 2.00 am taking a few shots of a lightning storm. Printed off very well indeed and later today one of my kids when looking at the picture managed to land the tiniest tiniest bit of drool on the black foreground. When I went to rub it off, the ink left the paper and I was left with a tiny white dot. Upon further examination a damp finger can make the ink smear on the prints ( even when dry for over 12 hours)?? Is this normal? I had thought that inkjet prints were pretty robust once set? How can I protect my prints as they are in an open presentation folder, not behind glass? Finally I am currently using Kokac Ultimate Picture Paper for inkjets ( older stuff I had lying around ). Its the premium Kodac range. I have delivered amazing prints on this even though websites say the Kodac paper doesn't work too well with the newer Canons. Could this be the issue, i.e would Canon paper stop the smudging? Thanks for any advice. From inital thoughts this looks like one hell of a printer Cheers Ged There are basically two type of photo papers available for consumer inkjets. The first is known as Swellable Polymer or SP for short. Kodak Ultima (note the spelling) is an example of this type of paper. The coating helps to control ink fading due to out gassing of the inks, but the downside to this type of paper is...

i960 Canon printer...what other brands can I use for photos
Just curious because Costco sells other photo paper here but not the canon brand. I think they sell the Kodak and Epson photo paper there. TIA >Just curious because Costco sells other photo paper here but not the canon >brand. >I think they sell the Kodak and Epson photo paper there. I use Epson papers with my i960 with great success. My favorite among the Epson varieties is ColorLife. I am partial to semi gloss or lustre papers. YMMV John On 27 Apr 2004 23:53:40 GMT, jmoorets@aol.com (JMooreTS) wrote: >>Just curious because Costco sells other ph...

Can Canon i860 use both black inks in same print?
Having separate black ink tanks optimized for both text and photos seems like a great idea, but can the i860 use them both in the same print? I have in mind a document with imbedded photos such as a family newsletter, a tri-fold sales brochure, etc. Have any of you new i860 owners tried this? Thanks, GS ...

Can I use "Lexmark" ink in a Canon or HP?
After using an Office Depot brand "Lexmark Inkjet Refill kit" to refill the color cartridges in my Lexmark OptraColor 45 ($15 for all three colors), I have plenty of ink left over. Do I dare try using this same "Lexmark" color ink in any of my Canon inkjets, ie in the BCi3's in a BJC-3000/6000 or BCI-10 in my BJC-80 ? Or in the C1823 Cartridges in my HP1120C ? Or is there something different in Lexmark ink chemistry that will ruin the other printheads ? I half suspect that once I get beyond the differences between Dye-based and Pigment-based, then "In...

Saving Conserving Canon S900 S9000 Inkjet Printer Ink
Hello, I have had a Canon S900 for about three years and recently have started using a lot of ink. I found that when I went to 100s pages/ month the inkjet heads started clogging occasionally and clearing with a can of compressed air works. However I have also found that more than 60% of the ink remains when a cartridge is marked as empty and has to be replaced. I noticed that if I turned off/on the printer, the replace ink cartridge message disappeared for a time. Doing this several times allowed me to continue printing in B/W without any noticeable fading (about 300 sheet...

Can You Use those 7-Series Canon Cartridges in Printers Sold in the US?
In Japan, Canon sells the "Pixus" line of inkjets that looks the same on the outside as their American versions. For instance, the Pixus iP3100 looks like the iP3000, while the iP4100 looks like the iP4000. Of course, the 7-series ink is not even available here, but I was just wondering anyway. Are the cartridges interchangeable between the siblings? Thanks. ...

Canon Pixma IP4000, when does printer use BCI-3EBK cart ink
As subject Is it only when plain paper is selected? Only when greyscale is selected? Only when draft is selected? Thanks in advance tHatDudeUK wrote: > As subject > > Is it only when plain paper is selected? Only when greyscale is > selected? Only when draft is selected? > > Thanks in advance Normally it uses BCI3e all the time except when printing photos, so when photo or glossy paper is selected. When you print text and business documents with graphics. tHatDudeUK wrote: >As subject > >Is it only when plain paper is selected? Only when greyscale is selected? >Only when draft is selected? > >Thanks in advance > > > > Here is a quick test you can perform. Use a photo with quite a bit of black areas. Open the cover on the printer and use a small screwdriver to hold down the cover interlock so that you can actually see the ink being put on the paper. Print the same photo using different paper modes. The BCI-3 black (pigmented black) is deposited with a much wider path than the BCI-6 black. Note also that the BCI-3 black appears to be used only when in plain paper mode. All other modes use only the BCI-6 black. You will see this when observing the printing operation. The other thing you can do is to wet your fingertip and move it across the edge of the printed area onto the unprinted area. You will see a difference in the amount of ink smearing. -- Ron Cohen...

Can the Canon PIXMA IP 3000 use different software to print CD face
I have a Canon PIXMA IP 3000 that prints CD's very well. The only problem is the software 'CD-Label Print' isn't very good inasmuch as it doesn't allow for you to do things like change the size of the picture that you want to print onto your disk. Is it possible to get this printer to use other software to print CD's? I have several other programs that will allow for things like change of picture size but don't see any way to get the software to tell you to insert the CD print tray. I have Nero's Cover designer but it's templates are for the co...

Canon 4 ink Vs 6 ink printers
Is there much different in photo print quality between Canon, or any other manufactuers for that matter, 4 and 6 ink printers? Been looking at the iP5200 and iP6600D printers. Not really sure the card slots and screen are worth the extra money over the iP5200 but do these *and* the 6 ink system of the iP6600 make it worth considering over the iP5200? In the UK the iP5200 can be had for around �115 and the iP6600D for around �170. Jack Torrence wrote: >Is there much different in photo print quality between Canon, or any other >manufactuers for that matter, 4 and 6 ink printers? > > YES. WHEN USING OEM INK CANON HAS MORE LIFE AND SNAP TO THE PHOTOS THAN THE COMPETING BRANDS. THE OEM INK ALSO COSTS LESS >Been looking at the iP5200 and iP6600D printers. > I WOULD SAY THAT THE IP5200 IS A BETTER BET IF YOU ARE GOING TO USE A COMPUTER TO EDIT YOUR PHOTOS WITH DECENT SOFTWARE. >Not really sure the card >slots and screen are worth the extra money > THEY ARE A WASTE JUST LIKE THE IP6000 THAT WAS INFERIOR >over the iP5200 but do these >*and* the 6 ink system of the iP6600 make it worth considering over the >iP5200? > > ABSOLUTLEY NOT >In the UK the iP5200 can be had for around �115 and the iP6600D for around >�170. > > PUT YOUR MONEY IN OEM INK > > > measekite wrote: > > Jack Torrence wrote: > > >Is there much diffe...

Which Canon inkjet printer?
I currently use a Canon ip4000 ink jet printer. I would like to add another ink jet printer which performs better than ip4000. BTW, I like ip4000 but there is no reason to buy the same printer. Please advise me. TIA. Craig Craig wrote: > I currently use a Canon ip4000 ink jet printer. > I would like to add another ink jet printer which performs better than > ip4000. > BTW, I like ip4000 but there is no reason to buy the same printer. > Please advise me. TIA. Craig It would help if you would define the term "performs better". Do you want f...

Epson Ink, Canon Ink, HP Inkjet
Cdrdvdrmedia.com (http://www.cdrdvdrmedia.com) - Online store for ink, epson inkjet, epson inkjet cartridge, epson toner cartridge, canon inkjet, canon inkjet cartridge, canon toner cartridge, hp inkjet, hp inkjet cartridge, hp toner cartridge, computer hardware and accessories. Feel free to browse our website for more information. E-mail:sales@cdrdvdrmedia.com Address: 18961 East Arenth Ave. City of Industry, CA 91748 Office Hours: 08:30AM ~ 05:30PM PST Tel: 1-626-854-2145 Toll Free: 1-888-813-5667 Fax: 1-626-854-6553 Website: http://www.cdrdvdrmedia.com <cksupplier@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1122363722.749478.19410@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Online store for ink, > epson inkjet, epson inkjet cartridge, epson toner cartridge, canon Comp.periphs.printers is not a forsale group. Please do not post commercial or other sale items here. - Bob Headrick SPAMMING MOTHERFUCKER cksupplier@gmail.com wrote: >Cdrdvdrmedia.com (http://www.cdrdvdrmedia.com) - Online store for ink, >epson inkjet, epson inkjet cartridge, epson toner cartridge, canon >inkjet, canon inkjet cartridge, canon toner cartridge, hp inkjet, hp >inkjet cartridge, hp toner cartridge, computer hardware >and accessories. > >Feel free to browse our website for more information. > >E-mail:sales@cdrdvdrmedia.com >Address: 18961 East Arenth Ave. City of Industry, CA 91748 >Office Hours: 08:30AM ~ 05:30PM PST ...

Canon Ink Durability on Non-Canon papers.
I've read virtually every article on Wilhelm and other sites talking about durability of Inkjet inks and papers but seem to only find results with Canon ink on Canon paper, Epson Ink on Epson Paper, etc. Never intermixing. I've personally been using Epson papers in my Canon i960 (they were buy one/get one free) and the quality is supurb. But is there any data on print longevity with such combinations? What about Kodak papers that claim 100 years. Realistically, what I'm simply looking for is my best option for prints that I give to friends and family. For my o...

Printer Ink

Aftermarket ink for Canon printer
A aftermarket ink store is selling out their stock of Liberty Canon carts because they are changing suppliers. I don't know if it is because of problems or price points. If I mix Liberty carts with Canon-brande ones will the results be satisfactory? I'm particularly concerned with gumming up the print head om my M600. Brendan mixing carts shouldn't matter don't forget when you run out of a cartridge your not mixing the inks in the printhead its only being mixed on the paper www.bizco.com.au "Brendan R. Wehrung" <ck183@FreeNet.Carleton.CA>...

Anyone using Canon Pixma with non-canon cartridges?
Hello I need to do short and long runs of flyers for mailing (mostly black text, some photos) I will never need to print photos on photo quality paper. I can get replacement cartridges very, very cheap which makes it less expensive in the long run than getting a colour laser printer. I would like to know your personal experience using the ip4000 or ip5000 with replacement cartridges continously........ has anyone used them non-stop since they bought their printer? How many have you used so far? Please mention if you refill yourself or buy no-name cartridges ready to go. How is y...

Canon Pixma Printer Ink
5-Pack Non-OEM Ink w/ Chip for Canon PGI-5BK CLI-8 Pixma MP500 MP530 MP600 MP800 iP4200 iP4300 iP4500 iP5200 iP5200 Price:$8.91 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B001IO6DEY Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B001IO6DEY Canon Pixma Pro9000 Professional Large Format Inkjet Printer (9995A001) Price:$499.99 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B000J1HPK8 Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B000J1HPK8 6 Pack (3xBlack + 1 of Each Color) Compatible Ink w/ Chip for Canon Pixma iP3300 iP3500 MP510 MX700 PGI-5BK CLI-8 Price:$21.45 Image: http://bestdea...

Web resources about - Can I use Canon 610 inkjet ink in a Canon 3000?? - comp.periphs.printers

Inkjet printing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... references used may be made clearer with a different or consistent style of citation , footnoting , or external linking . The concept of inkjet ...

HP Business Inkjet 1100
I love the 4 separate ink cartridges.

Apple Inc. : Patent Application Titled "Inkjet Printer for Printing on a Three-Dimensional Object and ...
By a News Reporter-Staff News Editor at Politics & Government Week According to news reporting originating from Washington, D.C., by VerticalNews ...

9to5Toys Lunch Break: Pioneer 2-way speakers $50, AppleCare 30% off, Canon AirPrint Inkjet printer $45 ...
... (Reg. $45) , more Save 30% on an AppleCare Protection Plan for your 13 or 15-inch MacBook Canon PIXMA MX472 Wireless Office All-In-One Inkjet ...

Lexmark to Quit Inkjet Printer Business
Printer company Lexmark is looking to get out of the inkjet printer business. The company said Tuesday that it will sack 1,700 employees worldwide ...

New inkjet tech can “print” LCDs using silver nanoparticles
Researchers use inkjet technology and a customized "ink" made of a suspension …

Epson Is About to Solve the Most Annoying Problem With Inkjet Printers
Is this the end of the dreaded printer cartridge?

Printing Makeup From Your Inkjet
One-woman startup Mink shows people how to hack an inkjet printer to make their own custom makeup at home

Business Smart Series Inkjet All-in-One Turns Printing on Its Head
The Epson XP-400 printer introduced us to the world of compact all-in-one printers -printer/scanner/copiers that can fit in tiny places without ...

Printer reviews: Photo printers, laser printers, inkjet printers & more - CNET Reviews
Printer reviews and ratings, video reviews, user opinions, most popular printers, printer buying guides, prices, and comparisons from CNET Reviews. ...