Can Printer Cartridges Die??

I  have a 3 yr. old Canon BJC 2100; very basic. I use an all black ink
cartridge in it, as well as the one that came with it, the cartridge
holder which holds a replaceable black tank, and a color tank, which
contains all three colors in one tank.

Was going to print a photo. Opened up the printer, exchanged all-black
cartridge for the color/black one. Once closed up the printer's sposed to
do a head cleaning and then it's all set.  Well with that color/black
cartridge in there...NOTHING happens. I put the black cartridge back in
and it's fine, but EVERY TIME I put the color/black one in it's like
someone's cut the power to the printer; it does NOTHING and the error msg.
comes up on the screen that there's a cartridge error and to make sure the
cartridge is in properly and the printer door snapped shut (which it is).
So...obviously the problem's with this particular cartridge. CAN they
'die'?  I'm wondering if the contacts are dirty, and so no electric
connection is taking place between cartridge and printer, but I know you
aren't sposed to touch them and I hesitate to try and 'clean' them, and
wouldn't know the best way to do it, or what to use, anyway.  I could go
out and buy a new one, but hate to spend the money unless I am fairly sure
that it won't be a WASTE of my money.

Input appreciated...thanks. :)
						M. Burford

0
Marilyn

Ms Burford.......

I have a BJC4300 with dual cartridges such as yours.  I have successfully
cleaned the cartridge holder many times using plain old 70% isopropyl rubbing
alcohol and a stack of q-tips.

Be sure to clean inside and out, and especially around the brass contacts.  If
you don't have a source of compressed air to blow it dry, possibly a hair dryer
set on low heat might do the job.

Give it a try......

CT
0
ferrousp

Printer Ink

How can I send a print to a different printer than the default printer?
I want to send my print to a different printer than the default printer. The only argument i have is the 'cDevice'. Is it possible to do that ? Regards George Hi George, try this: FUNCTION SetDefaultPrinter(cPrinter AS STRING) AS LOGIC // Set the given printer to be the default printer // cPrinter: name of printer to be made default // returns: whether successful LOCAL hPrinter AS PTR LOCAL pInfo AS _WinPrinter_Info_2 LOCAL size AS DWORD LOCAL done AS LOGIC IF OpenPrinter(String2Psz(cPrinter), @hPrinter, NULL_PTR) GetPrinter(hPrinter, 2, NULL_PTR, 0, @size)...

!Printers: How do I open Printer:$ ?

Can't delete printer from Printers Folder
When I open my Start/Settings/Printer folder and select the printer I need to delete, I get a Spool error and the computer freezes. This happens as soon as I click on the printer icon. I have other printers installed that work fine. But any time I change printers in a program like Word and I scroll past the bad printer I get the spool error and have to restart. Thanks, Patrick Les Moore wrote: > When I open my Start/Settings/Printer folder and select the printer I > need to delete, I get a Spool error and the computer freezes. This > happens as soon as I click on the printer icon. I have other printers > installed that work fine. But any time I change printers in a program > like Word and I scroll past the bad printer I get the spool error and > have to restart. > > Thanks, > Patrick Did you try deleting it in safe mode? On 5 May 2004 08:57:59 -0700, patrick_sdc@hotmail.com (Les Moore) wrote: >When I open my Start/Settings/Printer folder and select the printer I >need to delete, I get a Spool error and the computer freezes. This >happens as soon as I click on the printer icon. I have other printers >installed that work fine. But any time I change printers in a program >like Word and I scroll past the bad printer I get the spool error and >have to restart. > >Thanks, >Patrick Try Control Panel/Add/Remove Hardware. -- Hecate Hecate@newsguy.com veni, vidi, reliqui ...

Can a printer+airport be a "network" printer?
Situation: We have an Airport Extreme, and plugged into it is an HP LaserJet 1300 printer. When we first got it, we had two Mac Powerbooks, and I set up the printer from PB1. With only a bit of twiddling, we got PB2 to use it. So far, so good. But then, one day, it refused to work from PB2. Huh? With a bit more experimenting, we discovered that when we opened the lid of PB1, PB2 could use the printer. When we closed PB1's lid, PB2 lost contact with the printer. Recently, I upgraded a nearby linux box to the latest rev (of knoppix, FWIW). When I started up the CUPS stuff, it discover...

HELP: Can printer switch box cause printers to print garbage?
Hey folks, I have a customer who has 2 printers connected to a Belkin Data switch box, which in turn is connected to his computer. Whenever he wants to print to printer A, he turns the knob on the switch box to A, then print. Same for printer B. Printer B seems to spit out garbage characters. Previously, he had an older printer(on B) doing the same thing on this switch box and i thought the issue was a bad printer. So i had him get a new printer, but this still occurs. I re-installed the printer driver also, but this still occurs. The other printer doesn't have this problem. I am thinking it might be the printer switch box doing this. Any opinions? Does it have anything to do with EPP or ECP settings in BIOS? BTW, the OS is Windows NT 4.0. Thanks for any help!! Why didn't you try replacing the switch? That is the only thing in common with all of these failures. Jim "Zylan" <zcarenow@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:447f7d3e.0402111554.16d04cbc@posting.google.com... > Hey folks, > I have a customer who has 2 printers connected to a Belkin Data switch > box, which in turn is connected to his computer. Whenever he wants to > print to printer A, he turns the knob on the switch box to A, then > print. Same for printer B. Printer B seems to spit out garbage > characters. Previously, he had an older printer(on B) doing the same > thing on this switch box and i thought the issue was a bad printer. So > i had hi...

Printer sharing over wireless using Printopia
We are trying to share a printer for use by iPad users. The printer is dire= ctly connected to a Mac running Printopia. Both the Mac and all of the iPad= s are connected to the same WLAN. It's working fine at one location, but no= t at all at another location (iPads cannot see the printer). The location i= t works at has standalone APs (mostly 1131AGs). The site it does not work a= t has lightweight APs (4402 WLC running 6.0.199.4, also with 1131AGs). The = controller has multicast enabled, has multicast mode set to 'multicast', an= d has a multicast address set to 239.21.0....

Can HP27 Cartridges Be Used In Hp21 Printer ?
I have an HP Deskjet which uses HP27 and HP28 ink cartridges. I am thinking of purchasing a more recent deskjet which is of a similar design but uses HP21 and HP22 ink. I read on a website that the only difference between HP21/HP27 and HP22/HP28 is that HP reduced the amount of ink in the latest cartridges and that physically the cartridges are the same size etc. Assuming this information is correct would I be able to use my old cartridges in the newer machine ? Mike. "Martin" <no_spamming_@.com> wrote in message news:1158354508.50257.1@despina.uk.cla...

What New Printers Have Cartridges I can Still Refill ?
I refilled the cartridges on my Canon Pixma 4200. It has all but locked up and takes forever to print. Surfing the web, I discover that this is a deliberate ploy to force Canon owners to buy their expensive cartridges. I am not falling for this and the printer is going in the trash tomorrow. Are there any brands currently out there that still have refillable cartridges? hhhmayo@aol.com wrote: > I refilled the cartridges on my Canon Pixma 4200. It has all but > locked up and takes forever to print. Surfing the web, I discover that > this is a deliberate ploy to fo...

necessary to install printer driver for shared printer on computer that is not attached to printer?
We have two computers, one has XP OS and the other Win 7 OS. We have an HP Office Jet All in One Color printer attached to the XP computer. In order to access the printer from the Win 7 computer, is it necessary to install the HP drivers on the Win 7 computer in addition to the XP computer? best, Aaron From: <aaronep@pacbell.net> > We have two computers, one has XP OS and the other Win 7 OS. We > have an HP Office Jet All in One Color printer attached to the XP > computer. In order to access the printer from the Win 7 computer, is > it necessary to in...

Can't set up the HP Printer on DSL Box on the Shared Printer port...
Hi Group, Maybe wrong group, but there seems to be a wealth of knowledge here. I feel a bit of a berk that I can't repeat on my own machine but I did on the girlfriends! We have a Draytek Wireless G router and it's got a USB port on the back to enable 'network printing'. We've both got Windows XP and I'm going bonkers. The driver is installed on my machine, and the IP of the router is 192.168.1.1 (which is the printer). I've added a TCP\IP port in the Ports Tab, and ticked it. When I unplug the printer locally from the USB and plonk it in the router, the pri...

Printer Issues - Change AD Password
Hi there, I currently use my Mac in a Windows only office. They have many printers and file shares set up with SMB sharing. They use Active Directory to authenticate users to the domain, as well as the shares. They are a requirement to change the password every 30 days. Unfortunately, this screws up the Windows network printers that I have added into my Mac. There seems to be NO way in the 10.3.5 GUI to change the password of a previously existing SMB network printer. Is there such a way? Is there a key that I need to press? Is there a command line terminal command to ent...

How can I reset the ink cartridge/ink level so the printer............
Hello, I own a HP PSC 1610 All-in-One Printer-Scanner-Copier which uses HP94 & HP95. I'm using generic brand cartridges and knew how to reset the cartridges, but I can't find the web sight that had pictures. In short, after the process, the printer's ink level checker will show full. All I remember is some tape, taped over one of the connections on the cartridge, but that's all I can remember. Please help. TIA. Billy Smitty wrote: > Hello, I own a HP PSC 1610 All-in-One Printer-Scanner-Copier which uses HP94 > & HP95. I'm using generic brand...

How can I reset the ink cartridge/ink level so the printer............
Hello, I own a HP PSC 1610 All-in-One Printer-Scanner-Copier which uses HP94 & HP95. I'm using generic brand cartridges and knew how to reset the cartridges, but I can't find the web sight that had pictures. In short, after the process, the printer's ink level checker will show full. All I remember is some tape, taped over one of the connections on the cartridge, but that's all I can remember. Please help. TIA. On Apr 16, 4:00=A0pm, billy smith <billy.sm...@Yenc.com> wrote: > Hello, I own a HP PSC 1610 All-in-One Printer-Scanner-Copier which > uses HP94 &g...

Can a cartridge damage an Epson printer? (in real life)
I was given this 740i on which I have posted a few messages with little in the way of response: No one seemed to know how to get the colour ink flowing on an Epson printer Now as I cant ge tthe ink to flow at all, I am wondering if it is REALLY possible that a bad cartridge can damage an Epson printer as the company suggests by inserting air bubbles in the ink path which stop the ink from getting through to the paper? (I have even tried the Windex method and even this doesnt work) More details would be helpful. Is this a new cartridge? Epson or aftermarket? Have you run a nozzle check? How long did the printer sit idle? "My father's son" <myfathersson@nospam.rcn.com> wrote in message news:404128d6$0$3084$61fed72c@news.rcn.com... > I was given this 740i on which I have posted a few messages with little in > the way of response: No one seemed to know how to get the colour ink flowing > on an Epson printer > > Now as I cant ge tthe ink to flow at all, I am wondering if it is REALLY > possible that a bad cartridge can damage an Epson printer as the company > suggests by inserting air bubbles in the ink path which stop the ink from > getting through to the paper? > > (I have even tried the Windex method and even this doesnt work) > > Sorry for lack of detail: Printer stood idle for a few weeks, then I found a color two not working: ( I didnt think of unclogging any which ...

Computer won't allow Printer To Be Added... and dies when HP Network Printer Wizard Runss..
One of my WIN98SE networked printers won't add printers. Two other computers on the network nicely added the new printer with no problems. There is a DirectJet 500 printer server on the network which is functional For the troublesome computer, the Printer applet in Control Pannel and in My Computer just won't run. These run on the other networked computers. When I run HP Network Printer Setup Wizard, it dies or claims the printer isn't networked, on this particular computer. The wizard runs fine on the other networked computers. The network protocols active a...

tPrinter.printers not showing a printer?
A client is using one of my programs on several computers (Win 2000). On one (and only one) of them, when I get the tPrinter.printers list of printers, it shows no printers. The user says that there is a printer installed. If the printer is properly installed in Windows, it must show up in tPrinter.printers, right? --- Replace you know what by j to email ...

Printer cartridges?
I recently got a spam for printer cartridges that took me to 4your printer.com. When I plugged the name into the search engine "All the Web" I found out that the guys below, namely E-Babylon, were the registered owners of the domain: For Release: August 23, 2002 On-Line Sellers of Inkjet Printer Cartridge Refills Agree to Pay $40,000 Civil Penalty to Settle with the FTC Charged with Deceptive Advertising and Violating the Mail Order Rule On-line sellers of generic and remanufactured inkjet printer cartridge refills have agreed to pay a $40,000 civil penalty to settl...

Phaser printers and LED printers
I have need to purchase, for a small office environment, a printer for color brochures. It needs to handle speeds in the 10-20 pages per minute range and mainly for letter size paper. Target price is $1000-1200. I prefer something other than inkjet printers for this application, and recent color laser printer output I've seen is quite good. There seem to be several models from the major manufacturers available for under a grand, but they seem to cluster around 4 pages per minute in color, which is too slow. We will be printing runs of a few hundred pages at a time, probably...

Installed Printers
Hi, We want to make it possible for our Users to link a printer to a document type. Doing that we need to know how we can load the installed printers on the client system and how we can autoselect an printer using JavaScript Thanks in advice Jo Jo Claes wrote: > Hi, > > We want to make it possible for our Users to link a printer to a document > type. > Doing that we need to know how we can load the installed printers on the > client system and how we can autoselect an printer using JavaScript > > Thanks in advice > > Jo Client-side JavaScript does not have...

A Printer dies...
Any help welcome: Running an HP laserjet 2550n on a network with a Risc PC and an Iyonix. Today the printer has died. Or rather I can't print to it. Specifically when I try to print I get "Connect to remote address failed" I have done the usual manual type checks: the leads etc, turned the whole system off and let it think about things then tried again. Same result. There have been no changes made to the network or printer and the rest of the network is fine: the internet access is OK and the Risc PC and Iyonix are talking to each other. Last printing done was last nig...

Can a laser printer cartridge with an expired datecode be safely used?
I bought a laser printer cartridge from the web the other day, and found out that it had a date of manufacture of four years ago. Can this cartridge damage my printer? "Peter Olcott" <NoSpam@SeeScreen.com> wrote in message news:Xrednfw1XuTJNhDUnZ2dnUVZ_tHinZ2d@giganews.com... >I bought a laser printer cartridge from the web the other day, and found >out that it had a date of manufacture of four years ago. Can this cartridge >damage my printer? > No. And if the cartridge was in a sealed bag, it should be good for another 2 - 3 years. I'...

Web resources about - Can Printer Cartridges Die?? - comp.periphs.printers

Cartridge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

TI-99/4A Pitfall cartridge demo - YouTube
Retrocloud's adaptation of the classic Pitfall game - for the TI-99/4A. Filip has remade the classic game, and it works in a 32K EPROM! (Sorry ...

Customers misled by 'remanufactured' printer cartridges
Customers misled by 'remanufactured' printer cartridges

Atari's E.T. The Extraterrestrial cartridges found in landfill
A documentary film production company has found buried in a New Mexico landfill hundreds of the Atari E.T. The Extraterrestrial game cartridges ...

Diggers find hundreds of Atari 'E.T.' and other game cartridges in New Mexico landfill - CTV News
A documentary film production company has found buried in a New Mexico landfill hundreds of the Atari "E.T." game cartridges that some call the ...

Dollar Shave Club Claims to Top Schick As No. 2 Razor Cartridge
Dollar Shave Club claims it passed Schick to become the No. 2 razor cartridge brand by volume in July, a little more than three years after the ...

Rocker Releases Album on Nintendo Gaming Cartridges
Rocker Jon Black, who performs as Fort Atlantic, decided to offer his latest album on original Nintendo cartridges. As the music industry's brick-and-mortar ...

“Empty” Epson ink cartridges are still 20 percent full
The high-end Epson 9900 printer, which retails for around £3,000 ($5,000), reports that ink cartridges are empty even when they are still about ...

This is why our brains lied to us about blowing into Nintendo cartridges
Before they were the basis of hip soaps or remade as even hipper clocks, Nintendo’s cartridge games were a source of delight and vexation for ...