Can't clean. Says it's printing. It isn't.

I'm trying to clean cartridge heads in an HP660C printer that has been
unused for some time.  I printed one test page which showed streaks.  No
other jobs had been set up for printing nor were being printed.  When I went
to the services page and tried to clean the heads it kept coming up with a
message that I can't because the printer is printing.  It wasn't.

I tried "purge print documents", and turning the printer off and on again.
Still wouldn't clean.

Thanks for any suggestions.   I really need to get some letters printed
soon.

0
Martin

"Martin" <marty123@optonline.net> wrote in message
> I'm trying to clean cartridge heads in an HP660C printer that has been
> unused for some time.  I printed one test page which showed streaks.  No
> other jobs had been set up for printing nor were being printed.  When I
went
> to the services page and tried to clean the heads it kept coming up with a
> message that I can't because the printer is printing.  It wasn't.
>
> I tried "purge print documents", and turning the printer off and on again.
> Still wouldn't clean.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions.   I really need to get some letters printed
> soon.

Removed and reinstalled cartridges.  Problem solved.  Not sure why.

0
Martin

WTF isn't anyone answering me?! WTF isn't anyone answering me?! WTF isn't anyone answering me?! WTF isn't anyone answering me?! WTF isn't anyone answering me?! WTF isn't anyone answering me?! WTF isn'
On Nov 1, 1:17 pm, fl...@apaflo.com (Floyd L. Davidson) wrote in http://groups.google.com/group/comp.dcom.modems/msg/a81b0db05ef8396d : > "Green Xenon [Radium]" <gluceg...@excite.com> wrote: > > >Hi: > > >Is it physically possible to for dial-up internet > >connection to reach a speed of 1 Gbps by using a baud of > >1-symbol-per-second [to conserve bandwidth] but > >1-billion-bits-per-symbol? > > >Each symbol carries a billion bits bits but with only 1 baud. > > >bps = baud X number of bits per...

What is a difference in 'T t = u' and in 'T t( u )'
Hi, Does anyone can explain me why declarations marked as 1 compile whereas declarations marked as 2 do not compile? The most obvious example is the third one with shared_ptr. It is because of explicite constructor. Am I right? But what about first and second examples? Please notice also that examples second and third are completely different. Constructor calling syntax is right in third but not in second. However assign syntax is right in second example but not in third. #include <boost/assign/list_of.hpp> #include <boost/shared_ptr.hpp> #include <iostream> #include <...

Displaying Table Field in a report's title-bar ??? don't say it can't |3 done.
I have a Report and am trying to display some Fields from the table that the Report is producing in the title-bar of the window. I try things like: Me.Caption = [TABLE_NAME].[FIELD1] + " " [TABLE_NAME].[FIELD2] I want it to display the first and last name of the person the report is about in the title-bar -- because the data is used for a servay. The name can't be printed--but I'd like it to display in the title bar so that the end user can match the names together. How could I code this in Access? I get alot of wierd errors trying 2 do this? Thanx. P.S. Is there a w...

Why AT&T's new 'throttling' policy isn't as bad as last one [telecom]
CNET Why AT&T's new 'throttling' policy isn't as bad as last one by Marguerite Reardon |March 2, 2012 12:17 PM PST AT&T's throttling policy is definitely not consumer-friendly, but in this edition of Ask Maggie, I explain why it's better than the previous policy. AT&T has clarified its "throttling" policy for its unlimited data customers who the company says use too much bandwidth. But many users are still confused and angry. http://news.cnet.com/8301-30686_3-57389672-266/why-at-ts-new-throttling-policy-isnt-as-bad-as-last-...

Can't Print, Can't Forward
Dear LN Experts, I have a simple Lotus Notes database containing a form with several fields but no subforms. In production, the application does not allow anyone to print documents created with the main form or to forward them via email. I have checked each field individually and confirmed that the form security setting allows printing and forwarding and I am at a loss to resolve the problem. Although I am a manager in the db, I myself am not allowed to print a document. The print option is grey in the file menu. If I create a new document, enter some data and save it,...

Longhorn isn't a product, it's a 'wave'
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=19245 [New details have emerged from the Gartner Symposium, yesterday. The CEO of the Microsoft Monopoly, Steve Ballmer, said at the Symposium that Longhorn was a 'wave' of technologies, rather than a single product.] and http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/exec/steve/2004/10-20Gartner.asp Here is a full transcript of Ballmer's speech at the Symposium. I notice instead of a single 'Longhorn' now they have realized that chopping all the new technologies down into component groups, and then pursuing them as service releases, is easi...

Can't see print preview and can't print under Lexmark Z32!
Hi, I face a problem that my customer using lexmark z32 USB prot printer, clarion 5.5 can't generate print preview and can't to printer also. Does anybody face this problem before? How to solve this problem? TQ. Best Regards, Nelson ...

I don't mind Linux. It's the fan club I can't stand.
Linux: A sheer waste of processing time. On Thu, 09 Feb 2006 23:42:08 -0500, Ana Thema wrote: > Linux: A sheer waste of processing time. Ana Thema ... a witch in search of batteries... -- Rick <http://ricks-place.tripod.com/sound/2cents.wav> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Ana Thema <anathema@gmail.net> wrote on Thu, 09 Feb 2006 23:42:08 -0500 <o96ou15hrlhepdpdr7pkbefq3ep4e31ve1@ax4.com>: > Linux: A sheer waste of processing time. > Well of course it is; everyone should just use Windows instead. The occasional hangs, glitches, and crashes are more than compensa...

OS X
after a bit of reading, it looks like I did a veeeeery shtupid thing... (I'm copying my post to this newsgroup, as the alt.sys.mac.newuser-help group didn't look quite as highly-trafficked...) anyways, here's what I did... ----------------------------------- in an effort to help the owner of a nice shiny new eMac 'clean up' their personal folder, I moved a few items... including the Library folder! it appears.... correct me if I'm wrong... that Mac OS X then created a NEW library... so we restarted it, and all the Quicken data, dialup info, (etc.) was gone... so we ...

Why can't we 'tformfwd' a cp2tform(..., 'polynomial')
Hi, Just as an example: This is allowed xybase = reshape(randn(12,1),6,2); t_affine = cp2tform(xybase,xybase,'affine'); [x,y] = tformfwd(t_affine,xybase,xybase); but this t_poly = cp2tform(xybase,xybase,'polynomial',2); [x,y] = tformfwd(t_poly,xybase,xybase); gives an error "Function TFORMFWD expected T's forward_fcn field to be non- empty." I checked the code a bit and indeed, with the 'polynomial' case, the findPolynomialTransform() function has at its end trans = maketform('custom',2,2,[],@inv_polynomial,[A B]); wher...

legend(...,'location','best') isn't?
In my m file, as the very last stage of creating a figure, I do legend(cellstr(legends),'location','best') And it picks a "lousy" location for the legend. If I then go into the plot editor, select the legend, click the "manual" location radio button, then click the "auto" location button, it puts it in a "good" location. why isn't the legend call putting things in the "best" location to begin with? This is R2006a Thanks! Bruce -- +-------------------+---------------------------------------------------+ Bruce Bowler ...

Can't say Apple isn't adv. OS X, Tiger.
From Mac Daily News http://macdailynews.com/index.php/weblog/comments/5852/ Just in Time it seems, with the release of Tiger. -- Regards, JP "The measure of a man is what he will do while expecting that he will get nothing in return!" "Jim Polaski" <jpolaski@NOSPMync.net> stated in post jpolaski-1E80D8.20110024052005@netnews.comcast.net on 5/24/05 6:11 PM: > From Mac Daily News > > http://macdailynews.com/index.php/weblog/comments/5852/ > > Just in Time it seems, with the release of Tiger. Much better than silhouettes with a funky background c...

Can't mount CD's or DVD's
The system: Dual Core Athlon 4Gig Mem. OS Opensuse 10.0 Kernel 2.6.13-15.12-smp x86_64 I've got 2 DVD drives. A cheap IDE DVD burner that lists as "DC DQ60" under the hardware listing and an old Creative SCSI DVD-RAM RAM1220S. They both were previously working fine 2 or 3 weeks ago. Now neither one will mount any media I place in either one. I tried several CD's and DVD's that all mount fine in both a Suse 10.1 system and a RedHat EL 4.0 system. They contain various OS installs. Both drives are recognized and are listed in the YaST hardware listing. Both drives open wh...

PC laptop worthless - M$ says XP isn't genuine
OK. So I brought my PCG-Z505LS back to life after not using the machine for over 5 years. It's a 3.4 lbs ultra thin laptop that runs a Pentium III at 800Mgz. I took it out of the closet because I wanted a cheap machine where the kids could watch iTunes vids. So I purchased a 80GB harddrive - ghosted the old 20GB drive - that was partitioned as 8GB/12GB. To be honest - I took the machine apart but had a local PC guy do the ghosting and repartitioning into one partition - that cost $89. When I started up I was delighted. First step is M$ update - and guess who says no because my machi...

why search engines don't or can't index all parts of a file when it's of large size?
why search engines don't or can't index all parts of a file when it's of large size? entrepreneur schrieb: > why search engines don't or can't index all parts of a file when it's > of large size? A search engine cannot distinguish between files that are stored physically on a webserver and answers that are generated on the fly, like by scripts. It's a simple exercise to generate a cgi script that generates a list of some million random words, even non-stop-words. So the programmers of a search engine must apply different strategies to hand...

Removing the letters 't' 'i' 'x' and 'y'
Im having trouble with figuring out how to write a function which will remove the letters 't' 'i' 'x' and 'y' from any input string in matlab. for example modstr(pixy) should result in ans = 'p' or modstr(picture) should result in ans = 'pcure' if anyone could offer any help or hints i would really appreciate it. Thank You >> modstr=@(s) s(~ismember(s,'tixy')) modstr = @(s)s(~ismember(s,'tixy')) >> modstr('picture') ans = pcure % Bruno ...

Corel still hasn't fixed bug in XI which can't print to more than default printer
I think Corel is criminal by not fixing the bug in XI, which refuses to print to more than the default printer. In the Corel newsgroups, everyone seems to defend Corel on this. Come on guys, when other software firms find such bugs, they fix them and make the patch available. Corel XI came out after Vista was released- to now say that it's tough luck, I'll have to buy XII is absurd. Even the most Mickey Mouse $10 utility program you download is able to print to other printers. This bug is not some obscure item, it's essential. Sure, I should have asked if the program was ...

Corel still hasn't fixed bug in XI which can't print to more than default printer
I think Corel is criminal by not fixing the bug in XI, which refuses to print to more than the default printer. In the Corel newsgroups, everyone seems to defend Corel on this. Come on guys, when other software firms find such bugs, they fix them and make the patch available. Corel XI came out after Vista was released- to now say that it's tough luck, I'll have to buy XII is absurd. Even the most Mickey Mouse $10 utility program you download is able to print to other printers. This bug is not some obscure item, it's essential. Sure, I should have asked if the program was ...

I don't get why '>' doesn't get printed in the following example
When I do a here-document, the '>' character shows up to indicate the start of a newline. [cdalten@localhost ~]$ cat << EOF > My current directory is dir $PWD > EOF My current directory is dir /home/cdalten [cdalten@localhost ~]$ What prevents the '>' characters from showing up in the final output? On Jul 3, 10:35 am, Chad <cdal...@gmail.com> wrote: > When I do a here-document, the '>' character shows up to indicate the > start of a newline. > > [cdalten@localhost ~]$ cat << EOF> My current directory is dir $PWD > &...

other guy isn't attacked because it isn't popular says Ballmer
"It's not a strategic advantage for us today because the theory is everybody attacks us and nobody attacks the other guy, so the other guy must be OK. It's not that every other system out there is so unhackable, it's just they aren't that popular," said Ballmer. "We need to be as good as we can be and we need to be better than the other guy. Today we're better than the other guy, but we're going to be better and we're going to be good enough." [...] ... Ballmer denied media reports he had taken time out during a vacation to fly to Munich and ...

I can't believe there's a bug in re's but why does this not work?
Note: the string below is html but I had to replace the less-than and greater-than in order to get this nntp server to accept my post. Example 1 (works) --- set string {@li@@a href="xxxxx"@ONE@/a@ (@a href="xxxxxx"@TWO@/a@): @strong@THREE@/strong@ (yyyyyy) @strong@/ FOUR@/strong@ (yyyy) @em@FIVE@/em@ zzzzzz@} regexp -nocase {@li@(.*)@strong@(.*)@/strong@(?:.*@em@(.*)@/em@)?} $string -@ v1 v2 v3 puts "v1=$v1" puts "v2=$v2" puts "v3=$v3" --- prints: v1=@a href="xxxxx"@ONE@/a@ (@a href=&qu...

i can't insert 'a''a' in a field with size 3
hi, i run INSERT INTO test (FIELD1) VALUES ('a''a') but DBMS oracle returns this error: ORA-01401: inserted value too large for column (FIELD1 size is 3!) what's the error? Fici wrote: > hi, > i run > INSERT INTO test (FIELD1) VALUES ('a''a') > but DBMS oracle returns this error: > ORA-01401: inserted value too large for column > (FIELD1 size is 3!) > what's the error? SQL> create table test ( 2 field1 VARCHAR2(3)); Table created. SQL> INSERT INTO test 2 (field1) 3 VALUES 4 ('a''a'); 1 row created. SQL> SELECT * FROM test; FIE --- a'a SQL> try the following in SQL*Plus: show define Post the result If you are not using SQL*Plus then your front-end tool is defective or needs to be reconfigured. -- Daniel A. Morgan Oracle Ace Director & Instructor University of Washington damorgan@x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond) Puget Sound Oracle Users Group www.psoug.org On Mar 10, 6:38 pm, Fici <moretto.feder...@gmail.com> wrote: > hi, > i run > INSERT INTO test (FIELD1) VALUES ('a''a') > but DBMS oracle returns this error: > ORA-01401: inserted value too large for column > (FIELD1 size is 3!) > what's the error? Might be one of unicode charsets having each symbol more than one byte and column size defined in bytes not chars. Check DB charset and...

How come I can't use 'sqrt' and 'fabs'?
Hi, group, When I compile my code, the error message are: "error C2668: 'fabs' : ambiguous call to overloaded function" "error C2668: 'sqrt' : ambiguous call to overloaded function" I already add the math library, what does this error mean? Thanks. Vol. Vol wrote: > Hi, group, > When I compile my code, the error message are: > "error C2668: 'fabs' : ambiguous call to overloaded function" > "error C2668: 'sqrt' : ambiguous call to overloaded function" > > I already add the math library, what does this...

Trial of Musatov's theory: double spaced 'e x p a n d s' and single spaced 'c o n t r a c t s'. Does the spacing post-processing appear equal? If so, what force was lost and where did it g
Musatov's theory 'The space between spaces expands and contracts.' Would this give time a direction? Musatov ...

Web resources about - Can't clean. Says it's printing. It isn't. - comp.periphs.printers