Can't delete printer from Printers Folder

When I open my Start/Settings/Printer folder and select the printer I
need to delete, I get a Spool error and the computer freezes.  This
happens as soon as I click on the printer icon.  I have other printers
installed that work fine.  But any time I change printers in a program
like Word and I scroll past the bad printer I get the spool error and
have to restart.

Thanks,
Patrick
0
patrick_sdc

Les Moore wrote:
> When I open my Start/Settings/Printer folder and select the printer I
> need to delete, I get a Spool error and the computer freezes.  This
> happens as soon as I click on the printer icon.  I have other printers
> installed that work fine.  But any time I change printers in a program
> like Word and I scroll past the bad printer I get the spool error and
> have to restart.
>
> Thanks,
> Patrick
Did you try deleting it in safe mode?
0
tomcas
5/5/2004 9:49:57 PM
On 5 May 2004 08:57:59 -0700, patrick_sdc@hotmail.com (Les Moore)
wrote:

>When I open my Start/Settings/Printer folder and select the printer I
>need to delete, I get a Spool error and the computer freezes.  This
>happens as soon as I click on the printer icon.  I have other printers
>installed that work fine.  But any time I change printers in a program
>like Word and I scroll past the bad printer I get the spool error and
>have to restart.
>
>Thanks,
>Patrick

Try Control Panel/Add/Remove Hardware.

 --

Hecate
Hecate@newsguy.com

Printer sharing over wireless using Printopia
We are trying to share a printer for use by iPad users. The printer is dire= ctly connected to a Mac running Printopia. Both the Mac and all of the iPad= s are connected to the same WLAN. It's working fine at one location, but no= t at all at another location (iPads cannot see the printer). The location i= t works at has standalone APs (mostly 1131AGs). The site it does not work a= t has lightweight APs (4402 WLC running 6.0.199.4, also with 1131AGs). The = controller has multicast enabled, has multicast mode set to 'multicast', an= d has a multicast address set to 239.21.0....

Can't set up the HP Printer on DSL Box on the Shared Printer port...
Hi Group, Maybe wrong group, but there seems to be a wealth of knowledge here. I feel a bit of a berk that I can't repeat on my own machine but I did on the girlfriends! We have a Draytek Wireless G router and it's got a USB port on the back to enable 'network printing'. We've both got Windows XP and I'm going bonkers. The driver is installed on my machine, and the IP of the router is 192.168.1.1 (which is the printer). I've added a TCP\IP port in the Ports Tab, and ticked it. When I unplug the printer locally from the USB and plonk it in the router, the pri...

Printer Issues - Change AD Password
Hi there, I currently use my Mac in a Windows only office. They have many printers and file shares set up with SMB sharing. They use Active Directory to authenticate users to the domain, as well as the shares. They are a requirement to change the password every 30 days. Unfortunately, this screws up the Windows network printers that I have added into my Mac. There seems to be NO way in the 10.3.5 GUI to change the password of a previously existing SMB network printer. Is there such a way? Is there a key that I need to press? Is there a command line terminal command to ent...

Can't connect to printer after deleting it
I've got a laptop with Windows XP pro. A user was trying printing a word document to a Tek Phaser. After a couple of minutes it errored out saying it couldn't print. Looking at the status it seemed to only send 72 bytes of the total file. I couldn't get it to print so I went in and deleted the TCPIP port and the defined printer. However, after I deleted it, I can't even connect to the printer's web interface via netscape or IE. Any one have any ideas why it's "stuck"? Thanks Q "q777" <quang777@email.com> wrote in message news:9f14...

Printer won't print, messages won't delete in WindowsXP Pro
I'm running Windows XP Pro with a Lexmark Z22 printer. Often when I try to print, the printing notification widow pops up. As usual, I hear "Printing started," but nothing happens while the seconds are ticking away on the clock. If I try to cancel the job, then check the printing queue, the job is still there, marked "Deleting." The only way to get it to print is to restart, then it works (until the next time). The only way to delete the unsuccessful print job is to go into task manager under Processes and try to guess which process to delete. This works, when I g...

Corel still hasn't fixed bug in XI which can't print to more than default printer
I think Corel is criminal by not fixing the bug in XI, which refuses to print to more than the default printer. In the Corel newsgroups, everyone seems to defend Corel on this. Come on guys, when other software firms find such bugs, they fix them and make the patch available. Corel XI came out after Vista was released- to now say that it's tough luck, I'll have to buy XII is absurd. Even the most Mickey Mouse $10 utility program you download is able to print to other printers. This bug is not some obscure item, it's essential. Sure, I should have asked if the program was ...

Corel still hasn't fixed bug in XI which can't print to more than default printer
I think Corel is criminal by not fixing the bug in XI, which refuses to print to more than the default printer. In the Corel newsgroups, everyone seems to defend Corel on this. Come on guys, when other software firms find such bugs, they fix them and make the patch available. Corel XI came out after Vista was released- to now say that it's tough luck, I'll have to buy XII is absurd. Even the most Mickey Mouse $10 utility program you download is able to print to other printers. This bug is not some obscure item, it's essential. Sure, I should have asked if the program was ...

Printer Ink

!Printers: How do I open Printer:$ ?

Computer won't allow Printer To Be Added... and dies when HP Network Printer Wizard Runss..
One of my WIN98SE networked printers won't add printers. Two other computers on the network nicely added the new printer with no problems. There is a DirectJet 500 printer server on the network which is functional For the troublesome computer, the Printer applet in Control Pannel and in My Computer just won't run. These run on the other networked computers. When I run HP Network Printer Setup Wizard, it dies or claims the printer isn't networked, on this particular computer. The wizard runs fine on the other networked computers. The network protocols active a...

Can Find Printers, and Get on the Net but can't See any Servers
This is an interesting perdicament, I have one computer on our network that is unable to 'see' any servers (either Appletalk or via TCP-IP address.) The wierdness, is TCP/IP is working (I can get on the internet), and AppleTalk also works, I can see the laserwriters on the network too. But doing Appleshare on the Chooser results in no servers (though I can see them on other macs, so it's not the Server), specifying the TCP/IP address pauses the system and responds cannot find any servers... Any Clues? (My next action is backup and clean install, yuk. I am thinking the file sys...

Can't open printer
Dear All, This is a repeat of an article I sent in September. Briefly, every now and again I do a silly, which causes the "Can't open Printer" error. In order to save resetting the computer in order to clear the problem, I did what was suggested by Martin Wynn. I tried to use !Print Spool by Ian Hamilton (http://www.hamiltoni.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/)> However, being a simple person, computer wise, I could hardly make head or tail how to use it. So, with the "Can't open Printer" error current, I installed !Print Spool on the icon bar and double clicked on it A...

Printer
Hello Everyone, Every now and again I do s silly. For example, trying to print from, say, Publisher without switching on the printer. So, I try the following :- 1. Flush the printer queue. 2. Turn on the printer. 3. Try to print > - Can't open Printer. 4. Reset the computer ! Is there anything I should/could do to avoid step 4. ? John N. -- From Glorious Gloucestershire, near Lydney, using :------------ _ _________________________________________ / \._._ |_ _ _ /' Orpheus Internet Services \_/| |_)| |(/_|_|_> / ...

Can't Access Printer!!!
I've got a cable modem which goes to a router, which is, in turn, connected via ethernet cables to a hub upstairs which goes to two macs. My macbook is in the downstairs office, and connects to the web via an airport link. That link -- via a Netgear WPN824 -- connects via ethernet cables to the upstairs hub. I used to be able to access my Color Laserjet HP 2605 flawlessly, but no more. I thought having the entire IP address of the printer would allow me to access it, regardless of the IP address the printer was assigned after resetting. Now, jobs just get rejected from my Macbook, even...

why can't i add a printer
Recently, al my printers were disinstalled and I can no longer install printers. The prots are fine. I can not print from USB, Parallel, or even network. When I try to add a printer in XP, I get a message stating: "Could not perform Operation." I know the problem is not the port or a specific printer. I need this...I'm a student and finals are next week! billruelas wrote: > Recently, al my printers were disinstalled and I can no longer install > printers. The prots are fine. I can not print from USB, Parallel, or > even network. When I try to add a printer in XP, I get a message > stating: "Could not perform Operation." I know the problem is not the > port or a specific printer. I need this...I'm a student and finals > are next week! Does this help? This is generally caused by the Print Spooler not being started. Bring up a Command Prompt. You may remember it being called a DOS prompt, way back in the days of WIndows95 and 98. We can't really call it a DOS prompt now, since DOS hasn't really been present in Windows since Windows ME was released, but it does look similar! You can't find Command Prompt? It's in Start, Program Files, Accessories. It brings up a windows of its own. Type: net start spooler (and remember to hit enter!) Now go back and try the Add Printer Wizard again... ...

Can't install a printer
Hi all, I have debian installed with KDE. I am on a local network which works and I can connect to the other computer perfectly, especially the server (ssh works). I would like to connect to a printer of this network. It is on a server running suse 8.0 with no CUPS server installed. The printer works on the server. I tried to install the printer on my computer as a printer connected to a remote lpd queue but it doesn't work. I am sure lp queue and host I specified are correct. But it doesn't work. Thank you for any help, Simone ...

Can't ping my printer
This is weird. I have a Kyocera FS1010 printer with a network card configured as 192.168.0.100. I can ping it from my machine when its booted in wndows, but not from the same computer booted in Linux (MDK10.1 official. 'ifconfig' says: eth1 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:11:11:BA:D0:68 inet addr:192.168.0.3 Bcast:192.168.0.255 Mask:255.255.255.0 inet6 addr: fe80::211:11ff:feba:d068/64 Scope:Link UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1 RX packets:1472 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0 TX packets:642 errors:0 dropp...

2000 client can install but can't print to a shared printer on XP workstation
I see that a lot of post for similar problems but no answers that I have not tried. Problem. HP 982C printer installed on LPT 1 Windows XP home computer and is shared as deskjet. Windows 2000 laptop can see the printer and install it and file sharing works fine. When going to print a test page it immidatley fails. When printing from notepad error message 'invalid handle', word reports print job failed. From the 2000 machine I can see the xp computers print jobs enter and exit. Tried. Reinstalling the drivers on the XP machine. and I have installed the drivers on the 2000 machi...

2000 client can install but can't print to a shared printer on XP workstation
I see that a lot of post for similar problems but no answers that I have not tried. Problem. HP 982C printer installed on LPT 1 Windows XP home computer and is shared as deskjet. Windows 2000 laptop can see the printer and install it and file sharing works fine. When going to print a test page it immidatley fails. When printing from notepad error message 'invalid handle', word reports print job failed. From the 2000 machine I can see the xp computers print jobs enter and exit. Tried. Reinstalling the drivers on the XP machine. and I have installed the drivers on the 2000 machi...

Epson Stylus Color 900 - took out a full color cartridge to test in another printer
I downloaded and installed sscserve.exe from http://ssclg.com/epsone.shtml but I can't get that program to work or I still can't get the printer to print - not sure which (but there is NO ink printing from the printer now). Anyone use that app on this printer successfully? OR is there another app that will work? OR a hardware fix? Thanks! Brad ...

using shared deskjet 720c (win 98 se) on another computer computer (win XP) but printer isn't in list of printers
Hello. Is there another computer that could be selected from the list that comes with Windows 87 Second Edition? The Deskjet 720 c isn't on the list. I tried to install the software on win98se machine but the install program is looking for an LPT port but I want to install it as a network shared printer. If I use "Add Printer" it prompts me to select from a list. The closest HP Deskjet on this list is 690c, 692c, 693c, 694c, 850c, 855c, etc. Can I substitute a lower number? How should I proceed? Thanks! Rich Hollenbeck Oops! I know there is no Windows 87! Doh! I mean...

Can't load printer software
When I try to load my printers software, I get a message, "This driver not supported by Windows 2000. I'm running XP. Any help's appreciated. Which printer? Which software, the original CD that came with the system or possibly an update downloaded from the HP web site? .... Ben Myers On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 22:54:24 -0500, "john bright" <jbright@sympatico.ca> wrote: >When I try to load my printers software, I get a message, "This driver not >supported by Windows 2000. I'm running XP. Any help's appreciated. > > DeskJet 612c and it...

Web resources about - Can't delete printer from Printers Folder - comp.periphs.printers